Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Bombay Velvet - 2nd Trailer - Page 5

princessunara thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 8
Posted: 8 years ago
This content was originally posted by: you2

Three days after the soft release of the music,we get another trailer ,with no songs.

Raveena is right,everything has changed.

The film was not supposed to be outim 3..it was visualized like a grand Broadway opera.

Bombay Velvet  and the grand obsession of a street thug for the famous opera singer was the theme.

The problem was that the music was very ambitious,so was the film and then they went and cast Anushka Sharma..It is like casting Meg Ryan for the Titanic or Pretty Woman.The songs were not working in the film with Anu performing to lyrics which are so evocative and passionate..neither is the romance angle between Johnny & Rosie.Anu being the reason for Bombay burning is laughable.

So the new trailer has cut down on the romance angle and Anu is not lip syncing too much..and  the trailer is not distracting..but still,it is too similar to OUATM

Roy and Besharam could have worked better with better female leads..this is something Ranbir has to be very careful about in the future.No he cant romance a 5 year boy LOL..he is not SRK!

I will tell something a little ironical? She as Rosie is the reason for just 'one single man' loving her to distraction on screen that he will destroy a city due to it..
And this laughable thing to u is happening in real too.. the most desirable man in an entire nation has picked her too..and he has said once that he would give his life to protect her and defended her fiercely against everything that went on..

My point is love is beyond physical appearances, not that Anu isn't beautiful.. she is lovely..this story btw them seems less sexual and more emotional..
Rosie is a girl who has been abused as child, used by men all her life till she meets him.. And there is more to this story.. So just maybe give it a chance before judging it as useless?

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Three days after the soft release of the music,we get another trailer ,with no songs.

Raveena is right,everything has changed.

The film was not supposed to be outim 3..it was visualized like a grand Broadway opera.

Bombay Velvet  and the grand obsession of a street thug for the famous opera singer was the theme.

The problem was that the music was very ambitious,so was the film and then they went and cast Anushka Sharma..It is like casting Meg Ryan for the Titanic or Pretty Woman.The songs were not working in the film with Anu performing to lyrics which are so evocative and passionate..neither is the romance angle between Johnny & Rosie.Anu being the reason for Bombay burning is laughable.

So the new trailer has cut down on the romance angle and Anu is not lip syncing too much..and  the trailer is not distracting..but still,it is too similar to OUATM

Roy and Besharam could have worked better with better female leads..this is something Ranbir has to be very careful about in the future.No he cant romance a 5 year boy LOL..he is not SRK!

And who is this "better" female lead?

you2 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 6
^^^For film goers,it is the image.Anu debuted in RNBDJ..on the the first poster her face was hidden..all through the promotions,we were not given a glimpse of her(unlike the previous film OSO..where srk and Farah made DP the selling point)

Anu as  the nerdy Surinder Sahni's love interest or Bittu in BBB is fine..Like I said she is the Meg Ryan of Hindi films..the girl next door..
Edited by you2 - 8 years ago
you2 thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: NailClipper

And who is this "better" female lead?

Big stars like PC,Kat and DP..he has given big hits only with them..remember Rockstar made less that APKGK and love aajkal and the film wasnt a hit.

he needs the big stars..that was my point~
Edited by you2 - 8 years ago
Chintu132 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
This movie looks sure shot disaster and ranbir is looking so ugly.
Scorpio_Velvet thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
^
Rockstar was with a debutant. Saif wasn't in LAK. ðŸ˜‰ Let DP do that first. Anushka has given  successful films on her own like NH 10 and has biggest grosser ever if others can gloat about Khan films. 
Edited by Scorpio_Velvet - 8 years ago
Beautyful_Mess thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 8
Well at least I can hear RK this time..
Still bad tho
Story seems to be predictable with this trailer..
KJo is the boss and RK will try or succeed to double cross him 😆

Anyways RK's ugly look is quite distracting in this movie :/
you2 thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: Scorpio_Velvet

^

Rockstar was with a debutant. Saif wasn't in LAK. ðŸ˜‰ Let DP do that first. Anushka has given  successful films on her own like NH 10 and has biggest grosser ever if others can gloat about Khan films. 

when has Saif been called a bigger star than RK..show me any poll or BO report.

Bullet raja,happy ending and that sajid khan film shows his BO power.

Without Kat and DP..RK's fate would be similar after BV

FACT
Sharpener thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

^^^For film goers,it is the image.Anu debuted in RNBDJ..on the the first poster her face was hidden..all through the promotions,we were not given a glimpse of her(unlike the previous film OSO..where srk and Farah made DP the selling point)

Anu as  the nerdy Surinder Sahni's love interest or Bittu in BBB is fine..Like I said she is the Meg Ryan of Hindi films..the girl next door..

I've been saying this since day one; I love Anu but she CANNOT play glamorous roles. She's too ordinary looking. She is ruining Bombay Velvet for me, I hope she has less dolled up scenes, she lacks the oomph factor and gaaah if not for Biru, I would not even bother watching the trailer of BV. 
Scorpio_Velvet thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

when has Saif been called a bigger star than RK..show me any poll or BO report.

Bullet raja,happy ending and that sajid khan film shows his BO power.

Without Kat and DP..RK's fate would be similar after BV

FACT

You compared LAK to Rockstar. Saif had hits like Hum Tum, SN, Parineeta etc. Why you make it seem like it was DP's solo hit? All her films after OSO did badly until LAK. Saif was indeed bigger BO pull than her at that time. 

So don't dodge the question. Rockstar had a debutant heroine who couldn't act. RK carried the film throughout. 

DP on her would result in films like Flopping Fanny. Fact. So before criticizing Anushka who had successful NH 10, take a look at that first. 

Edited by Scorpio_Velvet - 8 years ago