Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Shabana Azmi to play Sonam's mom in Neerja biopic

gilmores thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 8
Posted: 8 years ago

Shabana to play Sonam's mother!

The two actresses will play maa-beti in the Neerja Bhanot biopic

Subhash K Jha

Shabana Azmi has been roped in to play Sonam Kapoor's mother in Neerja. The biopic on air-hostess Neerja Bhanot, who gave up her own life while saving hundreds on board the Pan Am flight that was hijacked in Karachi in 1986, is ace photographer Atul Kasbekar's debut production. While Sonam Kapoor was signed on to play Neerja from the very outset and has also begun to shoot for the film, Shabana has come on board recently. It is learnt that the mother-daughter scenes are expected to be the highlight and the dramatic core of the film.

In 2014, Shabana while giving the 2013 Neerja Bhanot Award to Rashmi Anand, a victim of domestic abuse had said, "What would Neerja have been thinking of when she opened the door of the plane, and inspite of the bullets flying all round her and hand grenades exploding, she decided not to jump out and run away but instead do her duty and help the passengers escape?"

Shabana is very close to Sonam's father Anil Kapoor having worked with him in many films like Hum Paanch and Rakhwala. Says Anil, "I've always idolised Shabana. I had played a small part in Ek Baar Kaho where she was the lead actress. It was a big thing for me. And now my daughter gets to share screen space with Shabana so early in her career."

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Beautyful_Mess thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 8
My condolences goes out to Sonam..
No one is gonna even notice she's in the movie..let alone giving even slightly good performance :/
Empyreanism thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: chocolover89

And now my daughter gets to share screen space with Shabana so early in her career."

Isn't it her 8th year in the industry? Does he think his daughter is the next Zohra Sehgal? 😕
galaxyfan thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: BeinCumberbitch

My condolences goes out to Sonam..
No one is gonna even notice she's in the movie..let alone giving even slightly good performance :/

When was she ever noticed? She can just add this role to nobody give a F.🥱
Beautyful_Mess thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 8
Originally posted by: galaxyfan

When was she ever noticed? She can just add this role to nobody give a F.🥱

I guess you don't come here often ðŸ˜†
Some was hoping that this movie wld show haters (like me n you) her (non existence) talent 
AllBlacks1 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Sonam is gonna ruin such powerful true story of Neerja. ðŸ˜¡
galaxyfan thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: BeinCumberbitch

I guess you don't come here often ðŸ˜†

Some was hoping that this movie wld show haters (like me n you) her (non existence) talent 

lol it shows, doesn't it. ðŸ˜›
I give everyone the benefit of the doubt...but what is it, like 7 years. Still no talent and no improvement.🥱

LEO88 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Good luck haters gonna hate 
Originally posted by: Empyreanism

Isn't it her 8th year in the industry? Does he think his daughter is the next Zohra Sehgal? 😕

It took Aishwarya Rai 20 years to work with Shabana.

Edited by NailClipper - 8 years ago
AllBlacks1 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: NailClipper

It took Aishwarya Rai 20 years to work with Shabana.

It took Nelson mandela 80 years to get a kiss from angle Shabana.