Ashish old pics , IV and VMs

Thushi thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago
 so here is the first IV πŸ˜‰

Ashish Sharma of Chandragupta Maurya fame celebrates his birthday today. We caught up with the actor to know about his birthday plans and what makes his birthday special this year.

Ashish, happy birthday!

Thanks a lot.

What are your birthday plans?

I will be working throughout the day. I know there is something planned for me on the sets so I am looking forward to the surprise. (Laughs)

What about cake cutting?

My close friend Abhishek threw a surprise birthday party for me at midnight wherein I cut my birthday cake. I had a blast with my friends and the whole cast and crew of Chandragupta Maurya.

Did you receive any special gift?

Yes, Abhishek gifted me an I-pod. Yashashree, my co-actor gifted a poster of mine in the form of a cartoon sketch.

Which of your birthdays has been the best one till date?

I was in the fifth standard when my dad who was an IAS officer got transferred to Rajasthan. There was no Convent school in that area. I used to study in a regular government school. I remember on my birthday my friends from school couldn't bring a proper birthday cake as there was no bakery so they surprised me by bringing a home made mawa cake. That was my best birthday ever. It was really sweet of them to do so.

What is the one thing you religiously do on your birthday?

I believe in Hanuman ji since childhood and every birthday I make it a point to visit the temple. It gets difficult due to busy schedules but I make sure not to skip it.

One person you wish would have been there on your birthday?
My mom. I miss her a lot and would want her to be by my side on every birthday. Unfortunately she isn't around this year.

What are the three wishes that you would like to be granted on your birthday?
Firstly, I will always want my loved ones to be around me no matter what. Secondly, I want to stay in good shape always as I like to be healthy and fit. Lastly, I want people to remember me as a good actor.

Any message for your fans?

Thank you for loving me so much. Please keep blessing me and I promise to keep entertaining you throughout my life.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Thushi thumbnail
Recent reports indicate that Ashish Sharma who is playing the lead in Chandragupta Maurya may quit the show over alleged differences with the production house. But Ashish who is known for his role in the show Gunahon Ka Devta rubbishes all rumours and says that he can never quit an important show like Chandragupta Maurya.

In an exclusive tte--tte with TellyChakkar, Ashish not only clears the air but also talks about hiscamaraderie with his co-star Yashashree and more.

Excerpts from the interview.

How has the professional journey been till date?
I hail from the city of Jaipur. During my college days I was involved in theatre and street plays. Then I shifted to Mumbai to become an actor and in the process joined Anupam Kher's acting school and participated in lot of theatre shows for almost four and a half years. Anupam Kher later recommended me for Dibakar Banerjee's movie Love Sex Aur Dhokha. After the movie I bagged a role in Gunahon Ka Devta and now I am doing Chandragupta Maurya. So the journey has been quite good and enriching till date.

Rumours are making the rounds that you are quitting Chandragupta Maurya. Are you?
I don't know who is spreading such rumours. I am definitely not quitting the show. In fact currently I am shooting an action sequence with Yashashree who plays Mrignayani in the show.

Are you having some issues with the production house?
My rapport with the production house is perfect. The show is doing well and my character is an important one. So I can't even think of quitting such a good show.

But you weren't shooting of late. Is it malaria as heard about or something else?
No, I am fine and not suffering from malaria. I am just a bit tired due to my hectic schedule.

How important is Chandragupta Maurya for your career?
The show is very important for me. I am pretty familiar with everyone on the sets as I have already worked with them in Gunahon Ka Devta. The makers have shown a lot of faith in me by giving me such an important character in Chandragupta Maurya. So there's lot of hope and responsibility.

How did you prepare for this role?
I read a lot about Chandragupta Maurya. People usually know him as a tough and legendary king but we are also trying to portray his emotional and human side. I work hard and try my level best to do justice to the character.

Are you an adventurous kind of person?
Oh yes. I am quite adventurous and you will always find me going for hiking and trekking. I learned how to ride a horse pretty early in life. Furthermore, I also like parasailing and water sports.

Give us one interesting incident from the sets of Chandragupta Maurya.
Once there was a scene wherein I had to jump from a tree. I was perched on the tree and waiting for the scene to start. And then I saw a snake on one of the branches. I was scared. But I managed to complete the shoot with the help of my crew members. This is one incident that I will never forget in life.

Working in the TV industry is tough and strenuous. How do you take time out for personal life?
I don't have a personal life. I work round the clock and hardly go home. I am still learning how to balance my personal and professional life.

How's your equation with Yashashree?
Yashashree is a sweet girl and very nice to work with. We have lots of fun on the sets. It's a blastworking with her.

Any dream role you want to portray?
I usually enjoy doing action sequences so I would like to play James Bond some day! (Laughs)

Any message for your fans?
I want to tell all my fans that I am not quitting Chandragupta Maurya. I will continue to entertain them for a long time in the future. Please keep loving and appreciating my work. 
Thushi thumbnail
durring RSS time .. πŸ˜‰

Archana Taide, a true Scorpion always gets excited about her birthdays. And with Archana having a festive atmosphere with her engagement (23 October) happening recently and her wedding to Ashish Sharma round the corner, this birthday (she celebrates her birthday today, 7 November) was indeed special for her.

So what did Ashish Sharma gift her lady love on the day? Says Archana, "Ashish got me a Skoda Rapid,which is red in color. Now that's a huge birthday gift. But the excitement of the day or shall I say, the night got bigger when Ashish organized a surprise birthday party where he had called our close set of friends. In fact, we had planned a quiet dinner, but I was surprised when I saw my friends. Vinny Arora, Dheeraj Dhoopar, Ridhi Dogra, Raqesh Vashist, Vishal Singh, Annie Gill, Ayaz Ahmed, Imran Khan were there to wish me on my birthday."

So what did Archana gift herself? "I am a typical Scorpion, and love gifting myself. Initially I was confused but then a beautiful thought struck me that I should offer a beautiful life to a life. So I immediately went and adopted a dog. I bought a Cocker Spaniel breed dog which is jet black in color. We have named it Carbon. I am an animal lover and so is Ashish. Actually I brought in Carbon as a surprise for Ashish, but a bigger surprise was waiting for me in my house. Ashish had bought a golden Retriever puppy for me as the second gift for my birthday. We have named him Scotch. Both my puppies are very lucky for me, as in the night I got a call to inform me that I have been nominated for Zee Rishtey Awards. I could not stop smiling when I heard this."

What's your wish for this birthday? "I am blessed to have Ashish as my partner. I cannot ask for more from God. This birthday is special because I have got many unique gifts from friends. I was overwhelmed with this gesture of Ashish, because as an actor it is difficult to remove time and plan a surprise party. 2011 was a depressing year for me, and God has been very kind to gift me 2012 where I saw lots of success. I thank Christ for it. On my birthday, I just want to tell one thing to my fans - save a life and adopt a dog."

Archana, we wish you a very happy birthday.
Thushi thumbnail
 IV during CGM daysπŸ˜‰  Ashu sings at the endπŸ˜‰ Edited by Thushi - 9 years ago
varshu27 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Sush, i am on the phone ...will be backπŸ˜ƒ
Thushi thumbnail
me and mano wondering if this did happen .. I mean his autobiographyπŸ˜• we even discussed last night about this 

Yesterday (12 April 2012), the TV industry got a jolt with the news of Imagine TV shutting down. Ashish Sharma was playing the lead in the channels top-rated show Chandragupta Maurya, and in a day's time he became jobless. Ashish was also left shell-shocked with the news. But now he has got the hang of the feeling and got himself busy with something more interesting.

"I always wanted to start a company of my own. But could not devote time for I kept busy with Chandragupta Maurya. Now that I am free, I will get on with it," shares Ashish Sharma.

He will launch a media company, Smoking Carrots Fillum Compani, in association with his good friend and publicist, Kumar Abhishek. The company will basically deal with everything creative be it books, shows, feature films or documentaries. And its first project will be Ashish's autobiography.

"Usually people who have achieved a lot in life have their autobiographies and compared to them I am a very simple guy. And as my journey is of an average individual I want the average person to connect with me. I don't think I have achieved a lot in the Hindi TV industry; in fact, my career started with Imagine and has been limited to the channel... so I can't say I have achieved much. But whatever I have seen or been through in my life will definitely connect with the common people and therefore I am working towards it," shares Ashish.

Well does that mean that his fans will get to know about his love life as well (we broke the news of him dating Archana Taide)? "The entire inspiration of writing this biography came from the fact that love changed my life. I became more serious in life after I fell in love for the first time. Hence, one will get to read about it too", he says.

The autobiography will be called Swayam- Everything Lies In Between and it will be written by Kumar Abhishek. Abhishek has been creatively associated with shows like Jaane Pehchane Se Yeh Ajnabi, Miley Jab Hum Tum and Baba Aiso Var Dhoondo. The biography will be written in Hindi and English. Currently, Ashish and Abhishek are researching on the project, "We want the readers to know the story not just from my perspective but also from the people who have been associated with me. However, it's not an easy task. Personally, it hasn't been easy for me as I am going through an emotional turmoil as I am reliving the precious and moving moments of my life."

Finally, he concludes by stating, "Acting has been my priority and it will always be, however my other involvements will also simultaneously continue."

Well Ashish, all the best for your future endeavours!!!
Thushi thumbnail
Ashish Sharma and his newlywed wife Archana Taide where mobbed recently. 

Ashish, who plays the lead in Rab Se Sona Ishq, and Archana, who portrays the role of Nikkhat inQubool Hai, had a sweet-and-sour experience on their much awaited day off together, where they planned to spend quality time with their dogs.

However, when the two took their dogs on the beach, a few girls approached Ashish for autograph, which was followed by some more people coming to Archana. But after that, the crowd just kept pouring in for an hour. After a while they were a sizeable number of people who surrounded Ashish and Archana to click pictures. Seeing the commotion, the dogs started barking loudly, which caught the attention of the patrolling police who came to the actors' rescue. 

When asked about his experience Ashish quipped "I must say that is the most memorable day of my life..(Smiles)..!! I still cannot forget the chaotic situation. The worst moment was, when the dogs started barking loudly. I didn't want any of them to run amok and get hurt." Archana said, "Although it was not a pleasant experience, but yes I'm glad that audiences love the on screen characters so much. This is a part and parcel of every actor's life " 
Thushi thumbnail
this one is very special .. partner dont look πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

my cutey AshVi β€οΈ

a pic of my AshVi .. ignore the other guy πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

varshu27 thumbnail
Loved reading all the ivs.πŸ˜ƒ

I don't think the autobiography happened Sush...I think maybe he changed his mindπŸ˜ƒ

He was wearing the yellow hoodie ..sweatshirt kind of thing in the iv😲...he wore that during JDJ too.πŸ˜†

Loved how he gifted Archana a car for her bday

He can sing really well. πŸ˜†
varshu27 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Thushi

this one is very special .. partner dont look πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

my cutey AshVi β€οΈ

a pic of my AshVi .. ignore the other guy πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

AshViπŸ˜²πŸ˜†...are we shipping them nowπŸ˜†