Suhani Si Ek Ladki

What if Krishna and Saumya weren't in Love- Old Saumya

shahsb_26 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 8
Posted: 9 years ago
Hello People,

I know... I had been here Long Long Long back... but then got decked up elsewhere...

Just for brief intro,
I am Sejal...
and Suhani si Ek lakdi is one show I am lately following Once again...

I just had taken long break when there was track of Suhani's heartbreak...

But seeing yesterday's episode, where Yuvraj tells Everyone, that it was his fault to fall in love with Saumya... (Buddhu... there wasn't anyone's fault to fall in love...)

I am wondering,... Had Saumya agreed to marry Yuvraj if he had proposed her, knowing Suhanii too had soft corner for him?

This is ticking cuz, she had rejected some other person's proposal ... already ones... that richie rich who had come... Ankit I guess...

and...

She would have also known.. Suhannii feels for him...

Though the character has undergone DRASTIC CHANGE from sweet friend to selfish ones... from supportive friend to jealous friend...
But.. considering her nature like earlier, do you think.. she would have agreed for yuvraj?

and.. If no, how would have she handled situation... here we do not have anyone whom she is in love with or to runaway with.. she just loves Suhani... (Like those of 1st 2 months ke episode..) and she cared for her... (I hope..)

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

crusty thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago

This is a very interesting question, Sejal. 

I'm not liking the 'flip' they did with Soumya about falling for Yuvraj for money. She drew close to him because he took care of her, he showered concern on her. She realised that even after not reciprocating his love and cheating him, he did not let that come in way of him supporting her when she needed it. Soumya fell for Yuvraj for "emotional" reasons not financial ones.

But writers don't have so much depth or courage to handle such emotional dynamics so they took the easiest way out - changing her to a gold-digging B. It is not at all convincing. They shouldn't have taken the emotional bonding route if they wanted to leave it midway and go to easy escapes. Makes this even more unconvincing and idiotic.

anyways, back to your question. 

Soumya cared for Suhani but not enough that she would sacrifice her comfort for her. If she was getting emotional security and getting pampered enough, she would've gladly married Yuvraj. Soumya lacks guts to face truth. If she was a brave person, she would've told Suhani about herself and Krishna before marriage but she did not. She threw Suhani under the bus and left both Yuvani in lurch for her purposes. 

She would've emotionally tricked Suhani and made Suhani herself ask her to marry Yuvraj even though she crushed on him. She would've clearly showed Suhani how Yuvraj is in love with her and cannot feel same way for Suhani's ever. Suhani would obvio side step and she would've married him happily! 
shahsb_26 thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago
This content was originally posted by: drummedup

I'm not liking the 'flip' they did with Soumya about falling for Yuvraj for money. She drew close to him because he took care of her, he showered concern on her. She realised that even after not reciprocating his love and cheating him, he did not let that come in way of him supporting her when she needed it. Soumya fell for Yuvraj for "emotional" reasons not financial ones.

But writers don't have so much depth or courage to handle such emotional dynamics so they took the easiest way out - changing her to a gold-digging B. It is not at all convincing. They shouldn't have taken the emotional bonding route if they wanted to leave it midway and go to easy escapes. Makes this even more unconvincing and idiotic.

Soumya cared for Suhani but not enough that she would sacrifice her comfort for her. If she was getting emotional security and getting pampered enough, she would've gladly married Yuvraj. Soumya lacks guts to face truth. If she was a brave person, she would've told Suhani about herself and Krishna before marriage but she did not. She threw Suhani under the bus and left both Yuvani in lurch for her purposes. 

She would've emotionally tricked Suhani and made Suhani herself ask her to marry Yuvraj even though she crushed on him. She would've clearly showed Suhani how Yuvraj is in love with her and cannot feel same way for Suhani's ever. Suhani would obvio side step and she would've married him happily! 

I kind of agree... CVs have handled Saumya and her track very badly..!! She hadn't actually fallen for richie rich... but due to tricks of DADI.. and all of sudden Krishna selling their marriage for 10 lacs became most important reason for her dumping him... 😆 hats off.. so when she will know.. Krishna hasn't accepted the money and was forced by her MIL... she will run itno his arms.. without caring again about Yuvraj... or his emotions.. (in case if he was serious about her.. serious like she felt..) nor caring for dadi Lol..!!😆
Chillysweet34 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
hey sejal why u surprise of this drastic change..we saw more drastic and more mellow dramatic change remember??
Sonarikafan thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: drummedup

i agree.
soumya is a rich girl. she has enough money. if she really cared about money, then she would have rejected krishna, and married yuvraj for more money. truth is she never cared about money. it was so uncharacterstic of her. it was clearly a forced change, and an easy one to make everyone hate soumya. and she also would have gone with her mom, and marry some rich guy if she really wanted money cause there are many rich guys in the world othere than the birlas.
Edited by Sonarikafan - 8 years ago
anita_m thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
I haven't watched much of the first 6 months, but saumya seemed genuinely to love suhani then. The change in her character can only be justified if you see her marrying Krishna with a total unawareness of what it would mean, both in terms of financial issues and in-law problems, and when that reached a tipping point, especially with Krishna being unpleasant/abusive, she began to eye Yuvraj as a way out, by making herself believe he still loved her. She was quickly persuaded that it was her right to go after yuvraj, with no consideration of what it would do to her friend. Given that, I think that if it'd been a simple choice of accepting yuvraj or thinking of how suhani too liked him, it would depend on what she wanted--if she wanted what she wants now, she would have manipulated suhani into persuading her to go ahead. If she was as indifferent to yuvraj as she appears to have been then, she would have rejected him anyway, because she has great belief in herself and her looks and would've expected as good suitors to come along. OR, because she loves being pampered and feted, yuvraj's then adoration would've been the hook to her agreeing to marry him.
Du, I don't think yuvraj's caring is what got her--or maybe I'm not understanding your reference--caring towards whom? when? I think the longer she stayed in BH, the more she was reluctant to give up the lifestyle she'd lost once and thought she deserved. And she began to relate to Suhani more and more in BQ's style, seeing her as unimportant and undeserving if she was in her way.
sona, there's a difference between not caring about money when you've never known it's lack and realising it's importance once you have. When suhani brought snaky to BH, her mother rejected her overture, so that option was closed She could've chosen to go out and work, but she didn't. She seemed perfectly content to sit around listening to su getting trashed, gradually getting to a point where she too complained and put her down, was rude and uncaring. In fact, the more she wronged Suhani, the worse she behaved with her.
But yes, the change in saumya was too much--I wish she hadn't been painted so black, because I now feel she doesn't desreve Krishna at all. And, it will now look really stupid if her love for him is reignited and she goes back, because the problems between them will erupt again--or should, in a real world--once the second honeymoon is over.
shahsb_26 thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: Sonarikafan

i agree.
soumya is a rich girl. she has enough money. if she really cared about money, then she would have rejected krishna, and married yuvraj for more money. truth is she never cared about money. it was so uncharacterstic of her. it was clearly a forced change, and an easy one to make everyone hate soumya. and she also would have gone with her mom, and marry some rich guy if she really wanted money cause there are many rich guys in the world othere than the birlas.

Exactly
She had option of Ankit .. which she kindheartedly rejected.
She was indeed loved by Dadi and she did care for her feelings ... She seemed to have missed that aspect of life in Krishna's family...
She realized.. "Love isn't everything" ... acceptance of Family is also important...!!

and that's what she was getting in Birla's .. Daadi and her two would bhabhi's support!

But OH WELL!! They showed Kuch Bhi there..!!
shahsb_26 thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: Ragna97

hey sejal why u surprise of this drastic change..we saw more drastic and more mellow dramatic change remember??

Yo..!!
I thought some serials on television will have some sense.. But... Heck No..!! I was wrong..!!
shahsb_26 thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: anita_m

I haven't watched much of the first 6 months, but saumya seemed genuinely to love suhani then. The change in her character can only be justified if you see her marrying Krishna with a total unawareness of what it would mean, both in terms of financial issues and in-law problems, and when that reached a tipping point, especially with Krishna being unpleasant/abusive, she began to eye Yuvraj as a way out, by making herself believe he still loved her. She was quickly persuaded that it was her right to go after yuvraj, with no consideration of what it would do to her friend. Given that, I think that if it'd been a simple choice of accepting yuvraj or thinking of how suhani too liked him, it would depend on what she wanted--if she wanted what she wants now, she would have manipulated suhani into persuading her to go ahead. If she was as indifferent to yuvraj as she appears to have been then, she would have rejected him anyway, because she has great belief in herself and her looks and would've expected as good suitors to come along. OR, because she loves being pampered and feted, yuvraj's then adoration would've been the hook to her agreeing to marry him.
Du, I don't think yuvraj's caring is what got her--or maybe I'm not understanding your reference--caring towards whom? when? I think the longer she stayed in BH, the more she was reluctant to give up the lifestyle she'd lost once and thought she deserved. And she began to relate to Suhani more and more in BQ's style, seeing her as unimportant and undeserving if she was in her way.
sona, there's a difference between not caring about money when you've never known it's lack and realising it's importance once you have. When suhani brought snaky to BH, her mother rejected her overture, so that option was closed She could've chosen to go out and work, but she didn't. She seemed perfectly content to sit around listening to su getting trashed, gradually getting to a point where she too complained and put her down, was rude and uncaring. In fact, the more she wronged Suhani, the worse she behaved with her.
But yes, the change in saumya was too much--I wish she hadn't been painted so black, because I now feel she doesn't desreve Krishna at all. And, it will now look really stupid if her love for him is reignited and she goes back, because the problems between them will erupt again--or should, in a real world--once the second honeymoon is over.

anita.. I would just say... Yes Agreed... You realize the importance of something .. when you LOSE it..
Be it Yuvraj, Be it Krishna, be it family, or be it money...

Saumya was never seen person with any sense... Ok, now framing my question in different way... WHAT WOULD HAVE BEEN SAUMYA's reaction to YUVRAJ's proposal... with she being in love with Krishna,... and Saumu... Not knowing Suhani has feeings for Yuvraj too...
and .. Yuvi was seen as very much persuasive towards Saumya... and her rejection might have as well hampered Yuvraj's ego.. and stuff...!! he was crazzy for Saumya at the time... so.. she did.. Push Suhani in the khaai when she came to know about... Yuvi's mom ka proposal for Suhani and stuff.. to save herself from Yuvi and hide from her family to be with Krishna..!!!
Ultimately it would have been using Suhani in some way or the other..!!!

Coming to money part... well.. it wasn't money she was missing in her life.. nor exactly lifestyle.. she was missing respect from husband and his family!!!! which made her come closer to yuvraj... seeing the respect dadi gave... Daadi being headmost in the family... led Saumya to believe... she will always be in happiest mode with Dadi in her support.. let's see..!!
crusty thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: anita_m

@Bold: Remember how she melted when Yuvraj took care of her when she was hospitalised during the accident track? She started mentally comparing Krishna and Yuvraj. Here was Krishna whom she loved and gave herself away by putting so much at stake and what did she get in return? torture and abuse. Whereas Yuvraj, whom she herself horribly cheated but he 'protected' her from the very Krishna when he came to drag her off. Yuvraj played a perfect puppy to her in feb and march. Not scolding her for mistakes like he did for Suhani, attending to her wounds, taking her out... he gave every possible wrong signal to her. 

I agree to what you said about her gradual change towards Suhani and realisation of value of comforts after she lost them but even then she wasn't exactly ready to pounce on Yuvraj only after our genius added his share of stupidity to her thoughts had she started to believe that all this her's which suhani is wrongly enjoying( I use the word enjoy here as loosely as possible) lol