Mythological Masti

Is it true that Pandu died on Arjuna's birthday?

Crazypheonix008 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago
I had read this somewhere and I'm curious whether its true or not. Since you guys from the mytho masti forum know a lot about the scriptures I thought about asking here. Hope someone knows ðŸ˜Š

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Maverick_me thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Yes there is a description that it was Arjuna's birthday and Pandu died on that day.. I remember reading article on the same, though we've to check what CE says .. 
DharmaPriyaa thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
There is an article which claims so, but source of this information was not clear in that article. Author did not mention his source as I can remember. But I did not find this in epic (Neelkantha version which I mostly read). I think this is not mentioned in CE either. Only Southern may have something in detail, I have to check. Southern has a detailed narration on Pandu's death, that I can remember.
Maverick_me thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: Urmila11

There is an article which claims so, but source of this information was not clear in that article. Author did not mention his source as I can remember. But I did not find this in epic (Neelkantha version which I mostly read). I think this is not mentioned in CE either. Only Southern may have something in detail, I have to check. Southern has a detailed narration on Pandu's death, that I can remember.

I remember an article by prof IB where he says Pandu died while Arjuna's 14th b'day celebration was going on but he dismisses it because a 14 yr old boy will not say 'taat ' to his grandfather and sit on his lap ... To know exactly Southern edition should be looked into to know exact details .. 
I too first came across it in Prof. IB's article. He's quite learned so maybe it is mentioned in some text. maybe in the southern version like you guys stated. If its true, it seems very sad ðŸ˜” Losing your parents on what is supposed to be the happiest day of your life.Anyway thanks for the information @Urmila and @Maverick_me ðŸ˜Š Edited by Crazypheonix008 - 9 years ago
Surya_krsnbhakt thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
I heard this somewhere... when someone was narrating this part of MB, (s)he said since it was Arjuna's birthday, Kunti and the children had gone to the temple, leaving Madri and Pandu behind, and the rest is history.
This content was originally posted by: Surya_krsnbhakt

I heard this somewhere... when someone was narrating this part of MB, (s)he said since it was Arjuna's birthday, Kunti and the children had gone to the temple, leaving Madri and Pandu behind, and the rest is history.

thanks for sharing 😊 as I wrote earlier, its quite sad
This content was originally posted by: Crazypheonix008

thanks for sharing 😊 as I wrote earlier, its quite sad

I know, just imagine, getting such a birthday present... 
Brahmaputra thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
AFAIK, Pandu died during the spring that followed NS's birth. Don't know if that was on Arjuna's birthday.
This content was originally posted by: Brahmaputra

AFAIK, Pandu died during the spring that followed NS's birth. Don't know if that was on Arjuna's birthday.

Then it must be true, because Arjuna's birth was sometime in spring.