Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

--simmi-- thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 9 years ago
The bonding I really love in this is Purab and Pragya! So Pragya is becoming strong, gonna be so good to see Abhi's behaviour at college now! <3
-mina- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Abhi calling Tanu princess, I really like that for some reason. Too bad about Bulbul's chocolate chippy drink order. OMG I was so with Abhi trying not to laugh at Purab's poor weekend...ahem. And Pragya stepping back from the group, I love the sound of that...at least for how it affects Abhi. Thanks for the update!
-JollyJabeen-JB thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Ohhh wow I love this update!!!!!
I'm so surprised over Suresh though.. wow thise were harsh words. I mean I understand his perspective and everything but Bulbul is going to be so hurt.. awww I feel bad for her.. but I have a feeling you will do a mutual understanding where they both realise it's not meant to be.. I hope you doLOL.. OMG what is Suresh falls for Pragya? The wrong sister!? Dun dun dun.. would be kinda ironic seeing as how Suresh likes Bulbul in the show.. sorry LOL. Look what your FF is doing to me.. I'm thinking to much!!!!LOL

Purab and Pragy's bonding is sooo cute hehehe like others have mentionex!!!!! Purab is such a sweetheart and i'm sooo glad he advised Pragya to be strong. Really, really happy!!!! And hah Abhi.. suffer now. I'll feel bad for you later LOL but I want Pragya to grow a backbone.. ahhh wow I love this FF!!!! LOL  

Thanks so much.. continue sooon xx
Edited by Jbutt25 - 9 years ago
sudanindia2014 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Afrah you spoiled us with the long and quick updates so in spite of reading your note that this is a short update I couldn't help feeling sad that it ended so soon specially because Abhigaya have few moments ..well at least you promised a long full update soon so I will be waiting ..Thank you so much
vlhs12993 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Great update 👏
Looking forward to this new determined pragya 😃
This suresh is definitely going to be a problem
Please update soon
jdots thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Really nice story line ...
Applef thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Awesome update..
Glad that pragya decided to leave the group..
She should stand for herself..
Purab is being so supportive..
Ooo... Suresh...
Is he going to go for pragya..
He is being rude about bulbul..
Poor bulbul..
And purab's date story was funny..
Update soon..
Asma- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
You were so inspired r:) many updates :)
I love the story :)
I'm so glad that Pragya will change her behavior with Abhi .
Aafrah-SA thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 3

Hi guys! Here is another chapter for you. I hope you like it as much!

Please keep the lovely comments flowing in! Happy Reading!

------------------------------------------------

Chapter 6

Abhi was sitting in his usual spot next to Tanu's seat and humming a tune. Tanu hadn't turned up yet, she had texted him that their car had broken down in the highway and she would take until lunch break to reach college. He was casually smiling and laughing at his classmates who sat around him chatting away till the professor arrived. He occasionally glanced at the entrance for Purab to arrive, he was usually late - normally Purab arrived way early so that he could grab his breakfast from the canteen before college started, but guess he was caught up somewhere. After waiting for a while, he decided to call him up, Purab had told him that he had overslept and would only arrive after their second lecture. Abhi sighed, guess he would be really bored today. But then he remembered Pragya, well chashmish would never bunk a class, surely she would arrive, and what more, this seemed like the perfect opportunity to talk to her without making it too obvious. They were a group, and when the others of the group didn't turn up, it was natural for them to hang out. A smile twitched to his lip, as he thought to himself - perfect.

He was busy flirting with a classmate of his when he heard her voice from near the entrance door, he went still, he recognized her voice of course but not that laugh, she was always too quiet, never this chirpy he thought confused out of his wits. Then he slowly turned around and the sight brought in a certain uneasiness about him - she was walking in with a guy, he looked like one of Abhi's type, he wore a polo tee with a distressed denim. He had a sling bag hanging from one shoulder and he was casually holding Pragya by her shoulder and laughing at something she had said. He was at ease with his surrounding, and smiled at the new faces he came across as he entered the class. Abhi remembered about chashmish's "wrong" text from the night before, he was right, it was a guy! He sat up straighter in his seat to mark his territory almost, as he expected them to sit around him - of course chashmish would take her seat behind him and is the new guy tried sitting next to her, he would tell her it was reserved for Purab, he smiled with satisfaction. Of course after that if he came to sit next to him, he would tell him it's for Tanu - Mr. New Guy seemed smart, he would get the hint and stay away, huffed Abhi with a smile. But to his surprise, Pragya never came to sit in her usual spot, instead she walked past him without noticing him and sat in the other corner of the class with new guy' by her side.

Soon a group of people went to them to meet the new guy' - silly guy, thought Abhi, he didn't even realize that he was the shining new toy, hence all wanted to know him - He on the other end was casually talking to all of them with a friendly ease. Abhi felt bothered, they were a group. And groups always sat together. ALWAYS. No matter what - even if they leave each other in the pub alone past midnight. He didn't say anything, but he kept darting glances at Pragya, but she seemed too occupied with the number of people hovering around her seat. This irritated Abhi, so much for friendship he thought.

As Abhi sat through the lecture alone, he felt a little low, he felt lonely and friendless, and he never had a day in college like this before, where he didn't have his friends by his side. On that he could hear the girls excitedly whispering about the new guy and how hot he was - it irked him further - so new guy was competition huh? Well, silly girls, they didn't know, new guy was just another pretty boy, not a rockstar in making! He focused his thoughts on his music practise - he had started a rigorous training from the beginning of this sems, there was a talent hunt next month, he had registered there - he knew it he could make it through, but he needed undivided attention for that. Daadi and tayaji never stopped him for his music practise, but they wouldn't take it mildly if his academics suffered for that. Thank-God chashmish was taking care of the assignments - at least his scores weren't the problem anymore.

After the first lecture, when he glanced a hundred times at chashmish and she never returned the look, he decided he would go and casually greet the two - that way he could gauge Mr. New Guy and also see exactly how mad chashmish was at having been left on her own at the night club - maybe he could discuss tomorrows assignment and also casually ask about her choice of seating? So, once the professor left the class, he casually got up and walked to them,

"Hey chashmish, what's up? Is your friend a new joinee here?" asked Abhi lightly and smiled at the new guy, who looked up at him and smiled back in return.

"Yes, Suresh is an exchange student, who would do his last sem with us" she curtly replied without even looking at him and kept scheming through her notes. This angered Abhi, why couldn't chashmish bring up the topic that she was angry for once? Then it was so much easier to explain things! Silly chashmish he thought. But before he could probe further, the new guy spoke to him.

"Hi mate, I am Suresh. Suresh Shrivastav. I joined for this semester. Nice meeting you! And you are?" he asked politely.

"Hey buddy, I am Abhi. Abhi Mehra. Welcome to our college. I guess you will see a lot of me around, as you are now an extended part of our group" smiled Abhi, as he played and age old advice in his mind, "keep your friends close, but your enemies closer"

"Aah, thanks mate. But how am I an extended part of your group?" he asked surprised. Abhi smiled, so chashmish wasn't very close to him, considering she never mentioned them to him.

"Through Pragya here of course." But before he could detail it out further, Pragya spoke to him.

"My best friend Purab is actually a part of his gang of friends, that way" she told Suresh without looking at him. This infuriated Abhi, so now only Purab was her friend and they were of course Purab's gang not her's. Yeah right - he had had enough, he coldly added, "Yeah, she loves hanging out with Purab, and as a result we end up seeing a lot of each other. Anyways, you need something, let me know" with that he and Suresh nodded at each other and Abhi walked away from them with a brisk pace with irritation and fury clearly written on his face. What does this chashmish think of herself?

Pragya sat through the next lecture, suddenly very aware of Abhi's glances at her and his angry soot black eyes. To say the least, she was hurt - when she told Suresh she wasn't in Abhi's group and only hung out with them through Purab, it was her way of telling Abhi how hurt she was, and she wouldn't be a part of their group anymore - she atleast expected Abhi would contradict her once? No. He gladly accepted her leaving their group - that's how less he cared thought Pragya tearfully. Purab was right. But why was he glancing at her thus? Why did he look angry? Maybe because she wasn't at his service to give him company when the rest of the gang failed turn up? Thought Pragya with hurt in her eyes.

Abhi breathed a sigh of relief when Purab arrived after the second lecture, he casually sat by him and they were merrily chatting - Abhi was feeling much better, though he still kept looking over at chashmish and Suresh - just to understand their dynamics of course - they seemed to be rapt in some conversation he noticed - new toy he thought in irritation towards Pragya.

Purab suddenly noticed Pragya's absence from the seat behind and wondered thoughtfully, Pragya seriously meant business this time, he smiled in relief, and just to check on Abhi he enquired about her.

"Bro, where is Pragya? Tanu I know will join post lunch." Abhi gave him a dark look and glanced towards Pragya's new seat, "She is no more a part of this group." He muttered and then added, "Can't thank my lucky stars enough" he finished, not at all sounding convincing. But Purab didn't hear the latter, his eyes followed Abhi's gaze and he smiled. Then without excusing himself, he went over to them, and soon to Abhi's dismay, Purab was enthusiastically chatting with Suresh and Pragya. Abhi sighed in impatience - this had to be the most horrible day in his life.

During lunch, when Abhi and Purab walked to the cafeteria, it was jam packed as usual, and there was no place. When they were about to walk away they heard a man's voice from behind, asking them to join him - he turned to see Suresh, anger hit Abhi once again and he was about to walk out when he saw Purab wave his hand at them and walked towards them - he had no choice but to follow.

As they sat together, Purab and Suresh were chatting generally, but Abhi was exceptionally quiet. Suddenly he heard Pragya's voice behind, "Here Suresh, your fruit salad and lemonade" then she must have seen Purab sitting next to him and greeted him, "Hi Purab! You want something? I am still on queue waiting for my vadapav, I could fetch you something!"

"Hey thanks a lot Pragya! Do you mind getting me a vadapav too?" he asked and Pragya nodded and left, she was standing behind him, obviously she didn't notice him thought Abhi reasonably.

Purab was going through his phone when he excitedly told the boys, "Guys, tickets are available for the new Avenger's movie. I thought it will be pre-booked for weeks! Want to go for a night show?"

"Wow, not bad bro. I thought we gotta wait. Sure, count me in!" replied Abhi, forgetting his worries.

"Me too. I was looking for company to catch that one!" replied Suresh. Abhi smiled, away from chashmish, Suresh seemed like a nice and friendly guy, and action movies are historically known to bond guys better! By then Pragya had arrived with two plates of vadapav, on reaching the four-seater table, she noticed that Purab and Suresh were sitting on one side and the only vacant seat was next to Abhi. On looking at him she realized he had noticed her dilemma and was looking at her curiously. Not wanting to make a scene before Suresh, she quietly sat down as far away from Abhi as possible and offered Purab her vadapav. Purab was talking to Suresh all this while and then he glanced to see Pragya uncomfortable beside Abhi - he had to do something. He turned to Pragya and asked if she could swap seats as he wanted to show the seats option to Abhi - much to Abhi's dismay, Pragya gladly swapped seats and seemed to be very comfortable beside Suresh now.

"So, booking these three seats then?" asked Purab looking up from his phone.

"Three? Isn't Pragya coming?" asked Suresh startled.

"Pragya? It's an action movie dude, girls hate them" reasoned Purab and Abhi nodded. He knew how Tanu twitched her face in distaste when Abhi had mentioned to her about watching this movie last week - then they had settled for a chick-flick that bored Abhi to death, but Tanu seemed to enjoy it.

"Yes, Suresh. You guys carry on. I have some work" fumbled Pragya at Suresh. But Suresh's eyebrows furrowed as he looked at the guys incredulously.

"But Marvel comics is you favourite! Only yesterday at the multiplex you were telling you wanted to go for this movie!" asked a bewildered Suresh to a red faced Pragya. But it was Purab who spoke now.

"Pragya? You like these super-hero movies? I never knew. You want to join us? Okay we will get four tickets then"

Abhi looked at Pragya in amazement. "YESTERDAY AT THE MULTIPLEX?!?!!?!" So she was with this dimwit when Purab had called her in front of him. "Movie with a friend my foot!" breathed out Abhi in anger.

Pragya however replied, "No no Suresh, I have to work on assignments tonight, you guys carry on. I can't come" but Suresh wasn't going to leave it at that.

"It's okay Pragya. Let Purab and Abhi go tonight, we will go tomorrow maybe? I can't leave my childhood superhero movie partner behind and go for Avengers!" he laughed, and to Abhi's surprise, Pragya laughed too! She never laughed with him. And wait a second, WHAT?!?! "CHILDHOOD SUPERHERO MOVIE PARTNER? CHILDHOOD!?!?!" no wonder she was so comfortable around him - no wonder she was flirting with him so shamelessly - childhood partner eh?

"No Purab, let's book tomorrow. Ali and Neil can also join us then, let's all go together. What say Suresh? I hope we wouldn't spoil you guy's superhero movie date eh?" smirked Abhi, but his voice was unconvincing to him too.

Purab looked up surprised, what had gotten on Abhi today? Superhero movie date?!?

Suresh however smiled. "Aah, I guess we can survive a gate crash on our date this time? What's say partner?" he asked looking at Pragya and winked. Pragya just laughed, "You're impossible Suresh"

"Impossible my foot. Silly flirtatious monkey from the zoo" thought Abhi, as he got up quickly, he couldn't stand it anymore. "I gotta look for Tanu, see you guys!" "Tanu?" repeated Suresh, "Yes Tanu, my partner for all intensive purposes" smirked Abhi in irritation, then he gave a hard glance at Pragya, who knew why she looked so crestfallen. Then he left.

The second half of lectures were less depressing for Abhi. Tanu was back and she was all over him, talking about her parties, shopping and the tan she got from the sea. It was during recess when she needed her notes for the morning lectures, she turned to see behenji missing from the row behind.

"Where is behe"I mean Pragya?" she asked after darting a quick apologetic look at Purab.

"She is not a part of our gang anymore." Replied Purab curtly before Abhi could reply.

"Nothing like that, her friend has joined our class for the semester, she is sitting with him" replied Abhi quickly and glanced at Purab.

"Oh" replied Tanu, she couldn't believe her luck. Then she scanned around the room and saw them.

"That guy is behenji's friend?" she asked amazed forgetting to replace behenji wth Pragya this time.

"Apparently childhood friends and partner" replied Abhi through gritted teeth, not looking up.

"Wow, he does look yummy" whispered Tanu, and Abhi snapped up his head in shock! Tanu, really? Even Tanu? What was with this guy?!?! But before he could react, Tanu told them she was going to meet Pragya and get notes for the morning lectures.

Abhi noticed Tanu walk over to them and soon Tanu was talking to a rather awkward Pragya like a long lost friend. She hugged Pragya, chatted about her trip, and showed her the tan too, and soon was joined by Suresh in the chat - Abhi looked at her with a gaping mouth while Purab smirked, "Meet my cousin Tanu, Abhi. Again."

When Tanu was back, she didn't know why Abhi's face was suddenly so ashened. She informed them that she was to join them for the movie too the next evening, Suresh had invited her. Although she hated superhero stuff, but she couldn't refuse Suresh, who was such a close friend to her best friend Pragya. Abhi sighed in dismay seeing this side of Tanu, while Purab coughed badly to mask his blatant laughter.

Pragya was just outside the college gate, waiting for an auto to travel home, when a car honked from behind, she turned back to see Abhi. She looked away and moved aside, giving him space to pass. But instead of passing, Abhi's head popped out of the window.

"Chashmish, want a lift? I am going to meet Aalu only."

"No Thanks" she replied and was walking away, but Abhi followed in his car.

"You know it's going to rain pretty soon, and if it starts raining before you get an auto, you will be drenched. It will be quite a sight for roadside Romeos to ravish. Unless you want to bask in that glory, hop on." He laughed.

"No Thanks Abhi, I will manage." She replied without the slightest trace of humour on her face, as she continued to walk.

"Okay, I need to talk to you alone - about Friday. There was a misunderstanding. Come on in." he gave in.

"There is nothing to talk about. It's over now" she replied stiffly.

"Fine, I know it's over and you're also not a part of our gang now that you have your partner dearest. But I need to talk. So either you come inside the car as we talk on the way home, or I park my car and walk with you and talk on the way - that way, when it rains we both get drenched. And only you know, that my talent hunt is coming up in three weeks - a bad cough now can ruin things." Replied Abhi adamantly.

Pragya considered this option. She knew about his talent hunt - only she knew, even Ali, Purab and Tanu didn't know. She had bumped onto him in the library while he was walking past with a file - the bump made his file and the papers fly out of his hand and scatter - she had quickly apologized to a furious Abhi and helped collect his papers, that's where she saw the registration papers. Back then she feared Abhi a lot - he had only just accepted her in his gang due to Ali. Abhi was obviously furious that she found out, and she wanted to make up for annoying him this badly - she didn't want to lose this opportunity, she had a crush on Abhi forever but he never noticed that she even existed. But thanks to Ali, at least he had grudgingly accepted her in the gang, he couldn't lose it so easily. So as compensations, she had offered to do his assignments throughout the semester and also promised to not to tell a soul about his competition. Abhi had agreed. Coming back to the present, she knew how important this talent hunt was for him - even though she was hurt and upset at him and was no more a part of his gang, she couldn't risk to hamper his dream. So she bowed down her head in acceptance and got inside his car, sitting next to him silently.

The strange oppression he felt throughout the day seemed to sublime as he turned on the engine of his car with a smile on his face.

-mina- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Aafraaah your updates are never long enough :( 

Really enjoyed Abhi in this chapter. Loved Tanu's reaction to Suresh. Hope we get a peak at the junior class next time! Thanksfor the update :)