Reporter's HUB - Epi 01-Apr 13 - Youtube link PG10

Posted: 8 years ago

This scene sums up the episode! It was definitely a show stealer for me, and very much the synopsis of the initial episode! unveiling of a world of News where Achai, sachai and kamyabi don't go hand in hand. I'll give the show some days before i decide whether i like it or no. For today, it was all about introducing characters, and the stark contrast between Ananya & Kabir's Ideology!

Kabir was impactful - his smile is oh so charming.
Ananya was bubbly, pretty and captivating.
Sunny - he'll be the comic relief in what may sometimes be a hard hitting show.

Edited by AmnaIsh - 8 years ago
online viewer 
watch reporters on 
live streaming but
1st epi not that much...
 its kinda bore type my POV  ðŸ˜•
just love RK part only... ðŸ˜³

Edited by Maha-Srk - 8 years ago
Hey Amna, nice to see you here
Interesting first episode. The difference in thinking of Ananya and Kabir was highlighted very nicely in the episode.

Rajeev is terrific as Kabir. Reminded me of LRL days. Kritika is awesome and looked so cute and lovely as Ananya. 

Looking forward to tomorrow as Ananya-Kabir meet for the first time
Originally posted by Armu4eva

Hey Amna, nice to see you here
Interesting first episode. The difference in thinking of Ananya and Kabir was highlighted very nicely in the episode.

Rajeev is terrific as Kabir. Reminded me of LRL days. Kritika is awesome and looked so cute and lovely as Ananya. 

Looking forward to tomorrow as Ananya-Kabir meet for the first time
Hey...pleasure seeing you here as well...

it was an apt premier. Thoroughly enjoyed it - can't wait to write my proper review and watch it again tomorrow! These two are going to make an amazing pair.
Hola people,

The much anticipated episode has been delivered by the channel and the team and here is my take.
Wont write pages on it... just few pointers on what i thought.

Firstly wow what an unexpected entry. I love the fact that it was no drama oriented or a grand entry. I was pleasantly surprised how they have kept Kabir's entry mysterious and subtle.

I got a bit confused with Ananya's entry. I thought it was bit OTT. No journo pull that kinda stunt in a hospital. Whether it's public or private. It is almost breaking the hospital rules and will not be allowed anywhere. So i was kinda disappointed. Ananya was pretty amateurish...

I love the fact that we could see the glimpse of manipulation and ofcouse the underlying shrewdness of a channel. And how that particular scene was narrated when to owner of the channel was harsh on the pregnancy news.

I liked the fact that in the very first episode they showed us the glimpse of that was promised to the viewers, the reality of the journo world.

Overall i would rate this episode a 8. didnt impress me so much tbh... bits and pieces were impressive for sure. And Rajeev Nailed it... I loved all his parts.

Do share your views.
Edited by -Koeli_Appy- - 8 years ago

Reporters - April 13 Review (Episode 1)

The Episode starts off beautifully and naturally with the Principal of ICN School of Journalism giving an introduction on Reporting, News, and Journalism. 

Every character was introduced with specific qualities and attributes. They had their own style and displayed their own character outline. 

It was brilliant for Kabir (Rajeev Khandelwal) to appear amongst the crowd of the students instead of entering through the door when he was introduced, because that made him seem more grounded. Even after becoming famous and achieving to the heights he has, he made a down-to-earth impact. His confidence shows right from the start when he says, Khabrein Nasha Hai - Nasha Bechnaa Kabhi Aasaan Nahi Tha, Naa Hai, Aur Na Kabhi Hoga!'

Ananya's (Kritika Kamra) Entry was also superb in that right from the beginning, you can kind of tell she is an intern - Sneaking around "perfectly" as a reporter is still something she is getting used to. It seems like she will be getting into a little bit of trouble pretty often 😛 Her character shows so much strength, confidence and emotion when she stands on the desk - She becomes the voice for the common man by standing up to the hospital staff and demanding the treatment they deserve. While causing getting work done for others, she also gets her work done by finding Pramila for her news channel. Her drive to become a good reporter is shown through various scenes - when she works until late hours of the day to get a good story, always reads the news and stories for updates, and gives priority to her professional life. 

The cameraman Sunny Singh is Hilarious! The way he says, Pramilaaa' and dances in the hospital hallway is too funny. 😆 His character seems promising especially in the entertainment aspect of the show. The way he dances, his love for food (in the later scenes) shows his character to be that of a typical Punjabi.

The Newsroom scene was a great input to the episode because it displayed exactly what happens behind the scenes in a News reporting. The weather reporter, Trisha, and her co-worker conversing right before she's on air makes the scene seem so natural. The fact that reporters have to change moods, their tone of voice, stance, and so much more in a split second is commendable. 

There seems to be a rivalry between Khaalid and Bhaaskar which is displayed in the scene with the two of them. This rivalry is supported by the conversations between Trisha and her co-worker as well as Maanav and KKN Channel Owner's Daughter. 

The scene between Kabir and Khaalid shows Kabir's confidence but also a hint of ego as a good Reporter. The dialogue, "Aisa Bhi Toh Ho Sakta Hai Jahaan Kabir Wahaan Khabar.' proves this point. It is this same ego and confidence, though, that leads Khaalid to offer Bhaskar's position of Chief Editor to Kabir " This scene also seems to show a problem arising in the near future. 

It is the last couples scenes that show the difference between Kabir and Ananya. While Kabir takes some footage and very smartly leaves the Mantri's home within a short span of time, Ananya takes too long in the same area landing her in trouble minutes later. Kabir is the one who traps Ananya and Sunny " This shows the amount of rivalry that takes place between reporters and/or channels to get a news piece. 

Kabir's walk of confidence, in the end, is brilliantly shot " His ending remark Sachaayi Acchaayi aur Kaamyaabi Kabhi Acche Dost Ban Hi Nahi Sake - Yeh Teeno Ek Dusre Ke Virodhi Hai' hits bullseye in terms of what Reporting is and what Reporters is about. 

Overall, it was an outstanding first episode with so many different aspects intertwined. It will be great to see what happens as the story unfolds. 

-Team Kritika Kamra

Edited by TeamKritikaK - 8 years ago
Hello every1. ..m Aditi...adits...dits...ditsy
..ditsu...etc etc...

Its after ages that m posting frm day1 of ny serial...last 1 ws ipkkd...

I m so excited abt d show ...n d main reason off course being RAJEEV KHANDELWAL.  ...the rest of d cast too is good...

Coming to d episode...its bang on frm d 1st epi itself.. .the whole set up of news channel is good...the RK as d senior n reputed news reporter is brilliant ...I found kritika a bit ott thou...bt none d less she is a gd performer otherwise...
m lookin frwd to purab chibber..he too is talented..even d channel head fr dt matter ...senior n strong actor.

I liked Kabir's introduction. .n the politician marrying young girl n kabir's crooked way to keep d news exclusive to himself ws gd 

Dialogue " sachaai...acchai aur kamyabi yeh ek dusre ke sabse bade dushman hai"

BG score top notch...production quality excellent ... 

precap interesting... 
Edited by adits7 - 8 years ago
hmmm nyc analysis 
same same 4 RK 100/10
but 4 epi 7-8 tbh little bit ...
I enjoyed the show ...
It was really close to reality.
Not cliche scenes or anything.
Rajeev my first crush as usual was perfect as kabir.
Kritika as Ananya bubbly and was awesome too.
All in all I enjoyed every bit of it from starting to end.
And the precap was awesome.
So eagerly waiting for tomorrow.
A different show with an awesome theme.
Hoping for its success with all my heart.
Nice episode it was but we need to see more  to really judge