Anshuman Article :After Haider, WH is where I am getting to act

Starwalkers thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 9 years ago

Anshuman Malhotra:After Haider, this is the project where I am getting to act

MTV's recently launched show Warrior High (Lost Boy Productions) has already created a lot of buzz with the fresh storyline of hostel lives.

Add to it the stellar star cast of young wagons and you have a superb show to enjoy! 

One such name among the list is the young and good looking Anshuman Malhotra who plays an orphan, Utkarsh, on the show. The actor has already won accolades for his portrayal of young Shahid Kapoor in Haider.

"You won't believe how happy I am to have bagged this show. After Haider, this is the project where I am getting to act, YJTRRR was a light show. Here, every nuances of acting is being utilized and I feel satisfied as an artist. I think Kushal Zaveri (director) and Rajiv Singh (DOP) are doing a wonderful job and shooting like a dream. They are few of the most talented people in the industry and I am glad to be working with them."

We asked Anshuman about being compared to Student of The Year, Rockford and Mohabbatein. "Not at all. Ours is not a typical story. Yes, we are shooting it like a film but it has too many elements to be generalized. The show will focus on love, friendship, careers and relationship as a whole. The story is about achieving your goals and becoming warriors in life."

When asked how focused is he about his goal in life,  the charmer replied, "I was focused but towards performing arts, not much on studies. Apart from acting, I was really keen on music. Since my dad is a musician, I was really inclined towards it and needed music every minute in my life. But then the acting bug hit me and the rest is history."

When quizzed him about the expectations of the audiences, he said, " I can feel my growth as an actor and working towards polishing my skills further. Money and fame are nothing when compared to someone telling you that you gave a good shot. Appreciation for your work is the best high an actor can get. And I want my life to be filled with these moments."

Talking about the USP of his show, the lad said, "I think the bond that all of us have managed to form is our USP. The emotional scenes look so real and beautiful only because we have become close like a family. It is a very positive atmosphere on the sets. Being a young team, we also have super fun together. During our free time, we enjoy playing cricket and other games. Blessed to be a part of warrior High."

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

mrym_rauf thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
thank u so much for sharing this sweet interview!😃
Starwalkers thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
@ all
welcomes 🤗

btww is Anshuman Vikas Gupta s cousin ???
Lunalovegood thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Thanks for sharing such a sweet interview😃
anshuman is truly a talented actor. 
shiona12 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
a very  sweet IV..Anshuman is very humble and down to earth ...love him😳
and obviously he is super talented.and emotional scenes are his forte 😃
all in all i really like the way he portrays Utkarsh 
LostGirl02 thumbnail