_UptoNoGood_ thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 9 years ago
"Bina sur aur taal k gaaoge
Toh Asur, Betaal kehlaoge!"*

There were peals of laughter all around. One 3 year old was hitting her elder brother incessantly while the 6 year old brother giggled. 

"Chetan! Chitra! What is going on there?" Ramesh asked in mock anger. "Bhaiya-" Chitra started. "She doesn't know what Betaal is!" Chetan cut her off with a giggle. 
Ramesh was flummoxed for a moment. Kids! Cute, adorable but very very difficult.

"I'll tell you. Come here. Don't hit your brother like that." Ramesh finally said. Chitra got up and settled down beside Ramesh, facing the other students. She smiled as she took in the importance of her position. 

"We start with teen-taal. OK? It has a count of 16. Clap at 1,5, 13, empty beat at 9." Ramesh heard crickets as the children stared at his face, clueless. Ramesh sighed. "I'll show you."

Dha dhin dhin dha

1.   2.    3.    4.

Dha dhin dhin dha
5.   6      7    8

Dha tin tin ta
9   10    11  12

Ta dhin dhin dha
13   14   15  16

Dha-

Ramesh finished with a clap. 

All the children clapped in unison. They knew not what they were clapping at but it sure was fun. 

With some difficulty Ramesh managed to teach them how to count on their hands. At least, some got the hang of it. 
Most kids were not old enough to write it down. So Ramesh had no hope of them practicing at home. He'd have to teach by repetition.

"Chitra, Chetan! Come now." Their mother called out. Ramesh looked dejected. Over? So soon? 

Soon, the other children started to leave with their parents too. Chitra and Chetan's mother waited for Ramesh to come.

"Ramesh sir you are such a boon to us. Otherwise these kids would have created such a nuisance at home."
She said with a smile. 

Day care centre. Ramesh smiled back. "No problem!"

Ramesh stared at their receding backs wondering if he would ever get students who were sincerely passionate about music or if he would be reduced to a babysitter. Not that babies are bad.

Just then he noticed little Chitra at a distance. She freed her hand from her mother's and tried to emulate the teen taal that Ramesh had just tried to teach, Her tiny fingers tapping on her palm. She got the beat wrong, but Ramesh smiled. She would get it right.
She would never be "Betaal " he was sure. 

This was enough for him. Just enough.
___

I have no idea why I wrote this but well... If the teen taal or the initial "joke"(p.j.😆) don't make sense let me know. And this isn't proofread so...be kind.😛 Feedback please.😊
*asur=demon
betaal=a spirit

Edited by _UptoNoGood_ - 9 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-Facetious- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
This is amazing.. I'd love to see a similar scene in the show. I bet if Dadaji will overhear the conversation between kids' mother and tamer, he'd taunt him to no end. But that last bit would be Ramesh's bit of confidence. His bakshish...
Shwets1502 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 2
Aww! Such a cute OS Shivi...Loved it. These music classes give Ramesh the satisfaction in life which he never had till now. Hope to see some scenes in the show also.
Teogapi thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
so sweet. loved it to the core. hope ramesh finds his prodigy in chitra.
_UptoNoGood_ thumbnail
Yay! Thank you everyone! 

@SH Precisely what I thought. Thanks!
@Shivani @Shwetha di @Rema di Thaaank you! 😃
Edited by _UptoNoGood_ - 9 years ago
_UptoNoGood_ thumbnail
edited and formatted a little. 😛
achirasingh16 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
oh girl...where do you get ideas from??
i think that i have used each and every adjective to praise you...
_UptoNoGood_ thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago
I had thought of putting in a banner, but couldn't.😛Edited by _UptoNoGood_ - 8 years ago
-Ila- thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Loved it...u r a really good writer...I can imagine Ramesh looking at Chitra and smiling...wish they showed more of his lessons in the show
_UptoNoGood_ thumbnail
@Lachu thanks. :) So happy you could picture it. :)
@Shibu thanks.