Tue, March 31, 2015 9:55am IST by Letty Mariam Abraham
2SHARES
  • Facebook share
  • Twitter share
  • Share on Google+
comments
Karanvir Bohra finally reveals the reason why he really quit Qubool Hai
Instagram

The actor who just quit the popular ZEE TV show talks to us about leavingQubool Hai, working with Surbhi Jyoti aka Sanam, his crazy fans and more

It took me a while to finally get in touch with Karanvir Bohra and I've been trying ever since the news came out. Finally last night Karanvir answered my call and decided to spend a few minutes answering my questions with complete sincerity and honesty. In spite of being on vacation in Goa with his wife Teejay Sidhu and Surbh Jyoti, he obliged to my endless questions. Excerpts from the interview...

The show had finally come back on track after the numerous exits and change in lead heroes, why did you quit Qubool Hai?

At that time I had signed up for one season, I had no idea they were going to take a leap. I felt storywise Aahil did not fit in the scene anymore. If a role doesn't excite me too much, then there is no point in staying. I have always maintained that in all my shows. The role has to be exciting, that's one of the main reasons why I took up Qubool Hai in the first place. The show needed a major come back, it was really down, TRPs weren't that great and that was a challenge for me.

Did Gul Khan (producer) try to convince you to stay back?

Yes she did, more than Gul it was Surbhi who was persistent on me staying back. She was very emotional that I was leaving. Then reading all the petitions and requests online for me to stay back was also overwhelming. It made me feel that people really loved my work. At this point nothing will work out, but I haven't burnt any bridges it was all done very amicable. With God's grace if I do get an opportunity to work with them again I'd gladly do it.

How good or bad was the story line of season 3?

See I always felt the story was about Aahil and Sanam. The new story is interesting but Aahil will be in India and Sanam in Pakistan - they wouldn't come together, the physical proximity was not there and that's how the show loses its charm. They are the lead pair of the show and are carrying Qubool Hai on their shoulders, so they need to be together. And that probably was not happening it was too different, it needed to culminate together.

Did you know there was this movement and petition on Change.org to bring you back on the show?

OMG!  Yes, I am so overwhelmed with that. There are so many people messaging me on Twitter asking me not to quit. There was this 13 year old girl who lost her mental balance over it and her folks wanted me to talk to her. As actors we just do our jobs but the difference we make to them is unbelievable; they take these things so seriously. In fact, I want to tell them personally that this is just a fictional show. We bring life to the role because that is our job as actors. I will come back in another show and do something else. I love it that they love us, but they shouldn't be so emotional about this coz then I feel hurt. We are in Goa right now, so many have come up to us and said we love you Aahil please don't leave. I feel like shit. I have never seen anyone file a petition for an actor leaving - that was new.

Tell us one thing that you will miss about Qubool Hai.

For sure I will miss working with Surbhi a lot. She is like a part of my family; more than friend now. Khala Khalu, Latif, I'll miss all the fun I've had with them. We'd play Uno and dumb charades on the sets when we diodn't have a call. So many times Teejay would come on the sets and play games with all of us. My professional and personal life became one; I will miss this bond a lot.

What about Surbhi will you miss the most?

Very rarely do you make such friends, I really cherish that friendship. There is no vested interest and there is no agenda. I won't miss her friendship coz I am not leaving and going away from the country. She is close to me and Teejay, she is a dear friend and everyone needs that in this industry.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

flora212 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 9 years ago
Thanks for Sharing!  ðŸ˜³ His reasons justifies.  But I am seriously gonna miss KV as Ahil a lot  and Prags man seee you became so popular😆😆
AnnzSageflower7 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5

Don't feel like shit KV. 

Be happy always. 
We are all well wishers. 

All the best. 
Edited by sageflower7 - 9 years ago
Shailu.. thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
TFS will kv n survir so badly
_ZaaraK thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Did Gul Khan (producer) try to convince you to stay back?

Yes she did, more than Gul it was Surbhi who was persistent on me staying back. She was very emotional that I was leaving. Then reading all the petitions and requests online for me to stay back was also overwhelming. It made me feel that people really loved my work. At this point nothing will work out, but I haven't burnt any bridges it was all done very amicable. With God's grace if I do get an opportunity to work with them again I'd gladly do it.

----------------------------------

Yes KV, please work with Surbhi again if given the opportunity... BUT NOT GUL. It'll just be the same crap, different pile. The story will start out beautifully but we all know how it will end ðŸ˜¡

Edited by _ZaaraK - 9 years ago
VirusForever thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Originally posted by: flora212

Thanks for Sharing!  ðŸ˜³ His reasons justifies.  But I am seriously gonna miss KV as Ahil a lot  and Prags man seee you became so popular😆😆

your welcome buddy...

yeah we all gonna miss him
LoveSonu2408 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
TFS.omg,reading ths i bcm sad&happy at the same time.sad bcz gonna miss him as ahil terribly & happy bcz he is happy with his descion,he is happy seeing our lv 2 him.&those resons r very justified.who wnt 2 do ths role whr u cnt do anythng but manupulatd,crying.how gul try 2 cnvincd him?if she wnt chng the stryline na?:->
LV U AHIL/KVB:-*
Niki. thumbnail

will miss u kvb ...

he is such a sweet guy...

and he considers sj as his family thts so cute😳

waise tho I am a season 1 fan...a big ksg fan... I didn't watch season 2 nor will I watch crap season 3🤣 ...but kvb is a good actor...
do youth based shows like shararat...I did watched it on youtube and repeats on star ustav man u wer very cute with gia...😎
I lik rom comedy type shows...so try for youth shows not saas bahu sagas

all the best for future😊
Hanie thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
I hope he not feel burden,guilt,stress,pressure or tense with all kind things fans have done.
we just want to show how much we love him.well,all the best for KV.
I hope we can see him in another show soon.

MrDarcyfan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Looks like he saw the writing on the wall just like we did! Separating SAHIL yet again after they had fought for months to be together! People get fed up of being trolled and he is right, the story loses it's charm! It already has! 

Personally I dont enjoy watching a married women with memory loss have a "pretend" marriage with another man. It just is not enjoyable and feels immoral to me! So I don't know how the general audience will respond to this story long term! But I will never forgive Gul Khan for driving KV away with her stupid and contrived story with no point! What with witches and terrorists also in the mix! When you have a hit pair you keep them together! They bring in the punters! ALL other shows do it! Only THIS show dosent! I think the makers are cracked! 

THIS was GK's thanks for the pairing that brought the show back from the edge! For that alone she desreves a slap in the face via fans rejection! She has played one too many games and people are totally fed up with her and her team of uncreative ingrates! They have a Phd in how to ruin something good! 
Edited by MrDarcyfan - 9 years ago