Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Uzii thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago
The story is getting interesting day by day,anjali n shayam are so good n mature people in this story,your discribtion of arnav is so good he is a devil n only our angel can bring him on his knees n with thehelp of anjali she will do it for sure
Arilip thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
So Anjali is suspicious about the ordeal...hope she gets to know abt the blackmail 
-Reader- thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Chapter 16

Wow Anjali and Khushi already met! I wasn't expecting it to happen this soon. And Anjali is already on Khushi's case rather side ;) she was quick to put all the facts together and do her homework.

Though there is no Arnav Khushi and probably we have to wait for bit longer, I am liking the way you building the anticipation.
Rimi_BS thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
superbbb story yaar...u hav wrote it quite very well and i loved ur way of writing...but the chapters seemed to be little short becoz i ended all 17chapters in just half an hour...if possible plz do make them little more longer...
i would really love to read more...
plz continue soon...
sunilanj thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
waiting to see if kush tells anji the truth?
abivicky86 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
waiting for arnav kushi interaction
xXShriyaXx thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Very interesting story! please add me to your pm List if you have one
avika26 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 3
awesome story loving pltiing hope anjali comes with something dat will help khushi and will b hurdle in path of arnav eagerly waiting for next
ocean28 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Very interesting read.  Cannot get enough of the cat and mouse game between the two.  I liked that angali is a smart woman and will be very helpful to khushi.  Cannot wait to read what happens next. Thank you.
shrattila thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 4
Hello
Thank you for all your love and encouragement. It means a lot to me - the comments that each and every one of you write! I read all of them, and even if I havent replied to it, believe me, I have read it and I am humbled by the love and appreciation you are showing my work!

New Readers, please add me to your buddy list if you wish to receive a PM as and when I update. If you don't know how to do that, please leave me a note on my thread and I will add you instead.

Silent readers, please take a moment to hit the like button and leave me a comment. It really means a lot to me when people write to me about my work

A big thank you to Nidz for the banner. 

Now onto the next chapter...

Chapter 18

Buaji's constant chatter about life and opportunities and luck and excitement had forced Khushi to zone out. She didn't want anyone to disturb her tryst with this amazing halwa poori that she was eating for breakfast today. 

Her Buaji was a great cook. If only she was as interesting to listen to. Khushi shook those thoughts out of her head. Her only aim right now was to savour the last morsel of kesar ka halwa with pooris fried in desi ghee until her stomach complained of excess baggage.

Buaji's non-stop chatter continued: "I wish Rishi babua was here to see his little angel doing so well in life..."

Khushi stilled. Her babuji would not have been proud of her. In fact, she was sure, he would frown upon whatever Khushi was about to do. Khushi didn't remember much about him but of what little she did, and whatever Shashi had told her about her father, she knew he was a man of honor, someone who always fought for honor and justice. If he were alive, Khushi was certain he would have preferred to die of starvation than let Khushi strike such a ghastly bargain. 

"Please understand", said Khushi, looking up. "I know you won't agree but please be there to guide me and show me the way."

She had no way of knowing whether her Babuji had heard her. She could only hope he had.

Khushi had just spent an entire hour all by herself. Buaji had stepped out to buy some groceries a while back and she was almost done packing all her things, except her toiletries.

Just as she was about to shut her suitcase, the shrill ring of the doorbell shattered her peace. Rushing to the living area, she opened the door to see Ashok Yadav, clad in his usual white driver's uniform on the other side. 

"Hello Ashokji. How are you doing? And how come you're here?" asked Khushi, gesturing to come in and take a seat. 

When he refused, Khushi stilled, wondering if ASR had sent him here yet again.

"Nahi Bitiya. No one knows I have come to meet you", Ashok said and hastily added: "Actually I have come here to give you some advice that you haven't asked for."

"Please come in Ashokji. It's best we have this conversation in the living room", said Khushi.

Reluctantly Ashok removed his shoes and made his way to the modestly furnished living area of Madhumati Sharma's house. Once seated, he asked: "Bitiya can I get a glass of water?"

It took Khushi less than a minute to comply with his need and then Ashok began: "Bitiya, Saab just got back from Lucknow this morning. And from what I understood he is very angry and upset about something.

Khushi nodded indicating she was listening to him and Ashok continued: "He was shouting at everyone in the office today. He even asked for Lavanya Memsaab and whens he went to him, shouted at her. I don't know what he said, but Lavanya Memsaab left for the airport an hour after her meeting with Saab."

Looking at Khushi's confused expression, Ashok clarified: "You see Saab has never shouted at Lavanya Memsaab in front of others in the one year that she was his Business Developer."

Khushi stilled. What Ashok said and what Lavanya had told her two days ago didn't add up. Lavanya was clearly afraid of ASR. And yet, apparently, ASR had never raised his voice on Lavanya in public. 

She nevertheless decided to not voice her concerns and let Ashok continue. "I know Bitiya that you were supposed to move into Saab's apartment only tomorrow. But it would be better if you moved in today. Saab always likes things done before he asks about them. 

"But the keys? I haven't yet signed a contract with AR and so I don't have the keys to the company apartment," said Khushi logically.

"Don't worry about that Bitiya. I have a spare key to all of Saab's apartments. I can help you move in. You can sign the contract tomorrow, as usual."

"But why are you doing this for me Ashokji?"

"Because I would hate it if Saab unjustly punished you for something that was not your fault."

Suddenly memories of the 48 hours of captivity in Lucknow came flashing back. If ASR believed you were guilty, he didn't wait for the jury to convict you. 

Khushi mutely nodded. A few hours here or there were not going to make any difference.  She asked Ashokji if he could wait until her Buaji got back from the bazaar and went to change into something more suitable.

The drive to Karol Bagh, where the employee accommodation suites for AR Designs was located was mostly silent. 

The employee accommodation, known as Rising Stars was situated at the heart of Karol Bagh. A tall modern structure, it comprised of two wings with a corridor connecting them inbetween, resembling an open book. The building was painted all white. All employees who held positions above the Managerial level were allotted accommodation in this building. The penthouse of the left wing was reserved for Mr Arnav Singh Raizada. The penthouse of the right wing was reserved for his Business Developer. 

After having put the last  of her suitcases into the penthouse of the right wing, Ashok was just about to leave when Khushi said: "Ashokji, I have a small request. Please don't tell ASR that I have moved into the apartment?"

Ashok could sense fear and apprehension in Khushi's eyes. He already knew she was nothing like the other girls. She was scared and unfortunately Ashok couldn't even tell her truthfully that there was nothing to worry.

"Bitiya, I won't tell Saab anything. But trust me when I say this, he will find out somehow, and it won't be before long."

"How?", asked Khushi, fear evident in her voice.

"God knows. But somehow news and information always find their way to him."

Anjali Jha, who normally had a solution for everything, was at her wits end. Just like she had decided last night, the first thing she did this morning was dig into Khushi's employee record and locate her address and phone number. 

Her address was that of Lucknow. Useless. Her phone number was also incorrect. Useless. She had a strong urge to pick up the closest thing next to her, fling it to the ground with force and watch it shatter to a million pieces. But since she didn't give in to her tempers that easily, she did the next best thing that would calm her down. Picking up a glass of ice-cold water from the farthest end of her desk, he gulped it all down in one go. Then she asked her secretary to get another glass for her - of ice-cold water. 

She needed to calm down and think logically. There was always a way. If only she was persistent enough to look for it. 

Just then her phone rang and without looking at who it was, she answered the call: "Hi Anjali, did you manage to speak with Khushi?"

It was Shyam. And it was a rare occasion that he called her during work hours. 

"Shyam", she began. 

Sensing the nervousness in her voice, he correctly guessed the situation: "So the details in her employment file are of no use to you".

"How did you know?"

"I didn't think Arnav would be so stupid as to keep a copy of the correct details on the file when he knows half the world detests him."

"But what do I do now? How do I meet Khushi?"

"Why do you need to meet her?"

"To talk to her about Chhote of course. Why else?" said an exasperated Anjali.

"Okay. So if you can't get in touch with her what else can you do?"

"Stop playing with words Shyam. And get to the point," she said in a tone that could almost be perceived to be threatening. 

His wife's unusual display of anger got him to chuckle. "I now know why they call you the "Dragon Lady". Never thought you would use those skills on me."

"Shyam..."

"Ok relax. Look into her file. She has an offer letter right? Does her employee record also include a contract?"

"No."

"Then sometime before tomorrow she has to come in to sign her contract to formally accept her position."

And all of a sudden Anjali knew how she could let Khushi know. "Thank you," she whispered before disconnecting the phone and dialing another number, this time with HR to see what time the meeting with Khushi Gupta was set for. 

Chapter 19: https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/4343261?pn=47

Edited by shrattila - 9 years ago