Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

swat.g thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 7 years ago
Ohhh thank you for coming back. I absolutely love this story!
Wonderful update. Waiting for next.
shrattila thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 4

Hello

Thank you each and every one of you for reading, liking and commenting on my chapters. It keeps me motivated to go on and on!

The next chapter is dedicated to Pravallika, who asked for a special update on Valentine's Day. Although there are no Rabba Ve moments in this chapter, Milan is not far away now!

As usual, I eagerly look forward to your likes and comments so please show me all your love and constructive criticism. If you would like to receive PM's for this please send me a buddy request.

Now onto the next chapter.

Chapter 32

It was 12 in the afternoon. People were slowly winding up, planning their lunchtime. A group had decided to go for lunch to the new bistro that had just opened across the road. Khushi had been asked, and she had politely declined.

As the group began to make their way towards the elevator, Khushi had an urge to tell them that she would go along as well. A flip of her head, a look at Arnav Singh Raizada in his glass cabin and Khushi changed her mind. Something was wrong. Arnav was acting weird. And her gut instinct told her going out for lunch would be a bad idea. She ran across to the elevator to ask one of her colleagues to bring over some packed lunch. Then she sulkily walked back to her desk and began working on yet another new design.

Arnav, himself was not having a great day either. He had already gulped six cups of black coffee, had lashed out at Aman for not having documents complete that were not due until the end of the week, and had told his secretary that she better find herself another job if she continued making "crappy coffee" like this. With Khushi, however, he had been coolly detached.

When Khushi had walked into his office with the files at 8.30 am, Arnav had neither looked up at her, not asked her why she was handing in the files late. He simply asked her to place them on his desk and leave. And during the day, he had avoided Khushi's various attempts to speak with him. When she wanted his input on a design, he asked her to approach Vishal Malhotra, the head designer. When she wanted to speak about the night before, he stated that he had a very important meeting he couldn't avoid. When she asked him if he was planning to review her stint at AR, he called Jade in to start dictating a letter to a supplier that was not due to be sent until next week.

Stating that Khushi was bewildered with Arnav's behaviour was putting it very mildly. She was used to him being angry, arrogant and unreasonable. She wasn't prepared for aloof. That made her feel fear in the pit of her stomach. Under whatever circumstances she had joined AR, she had now grown to love the place. She loved the work environment, the team and truly believed that for all his flaws, Arnav was a great teacher who had not just helped hone her design skills but had also given her some perspective into the fashion industry. And the possibility that he might be done with her and was planning to replace her within the company made her blue.

She walked back to her desk, and looked at the design in front of her. It was a woman draped in a formal pants and an A-cut tunic. The tunic had beautiful floral motifs on its neckline and sleeves. Last night Khushi had picked a swatch of pinks, ochres and magentas to finish it.

Today, she switched it to blues and greys.

Khushi's sprint to the elevator had not gone unnoticed by Arnav. To say the least, the man was flabbergasted by his own behaviour. He didn't know what had gotten into him when he booked a ticket for Khushi Gupta to fly with him to Milan. However, now that was done, he intented for her to know everything about the expansion, so she could be of actual use when they got there.

The big question was, how could he justify taking a trainee on a business trip, when there were more qualified people within the company. Not that he really cared, but he did see how it could perhaps affect Khushi's reputation at work and make way for unwanted gossip. And for some strange reason, Arnav wanted to sheild Khushi from all that.

Funny, he thought, when just over a month ago, he was the one who had approached her with a demeaning proposal and arm-twisted her into accepting it. And just as the thought of all that wrung a slight smile on his face, he turned to see Khushi animatedly talking to Aman. It was the first time during the entire day he had seen Khushi's eyes light up. The green-eyed monster rared again. He dialed Khushi's extension and asked her to come into his cabin. He saw Khushi get up, collect her notepad and pencil and trip over the leg of her desk. He also saw Aman save her from falling face down by holding onto her waist. And he saw Khushi turn around and thank Aman by tilting her head to one side. Aman laughed and walked her down to Arnav's cabin before proceeding towards the elevators.

"Arnavji", began Khushi as soon as she entered his cabin.

"Arnav," he replied coolly.

"Arnavji, that's what I said."

"Arnav."

"Exactly what I said. Arnavji."

He closed his eyes in frustration, only to open them a second later and try one more time.

"Arnav"

"I know your name, why do you keep repeating it?"

"Because you're not saying it right."

"What is not right about Arnavji?"

"Ji. The ji is not right", he finally spat out.

All Khushi managed was a puzzled expression on her face. Since this was a rare occasion when she didn't know what next to say, she simply waited for him to continue.

"From now on you will call me Arnav."

"What's wrong with what I call you now?"

"Ji. The ji is wrong. My name is not Arnavji. It is Arnav - A - R - N - A - V, Arnav. Do you understand?"

Khushi mutely nodded, wondering what had not gotten into this Laad Governor.

"I know your name is not Arnavji, but I am just being respectful."

"How come you dont feel like being respectful to everyone in this office?"

"I don't understand what your problem is. I call everyone ji, Anjaliji, Vishalji, even your secretary Jadeji"

"Except Aman", Arnav spat out.

"So?"

"So if you can call Aman by just his name, you can call me Arnav."

"I can't."

"Why?"

"Because Aman is my friend and you're my boss."

"Well, let's become friends then, shall we?" hissed Arnav.

"No," stated Khushi, rather emphatically.

"I am not your friend and I don't want to be your friend. Friendship is something that needs to be earned and sorry Mr Raizada, but right now, you're really far away from that place." Saying this, she was about to step out of his cabin when Arnav called again.

"One minute Ms Gupta, before you go - I suppose you will want the week off to go to Lucknow to meet your parents and then pack your bags."

"Why?" rasped Khushi, the fear in the pit of her stomach returning.

"To see them obviously, and to tell them that you will be going on an official trip with me to Milan - for an entire month."

Chapter 33: https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/4807996

Edited by shrattila - 6 years ago
shrattila thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: nzmonica

Hey lady

You have one awesome ff here, I hope you will be able to be regular.

Please PM me.

Thanks Monica 

Hi. Have just sent you a Buddy Request. Pls accept so I can send PMs. Thanks
KtotheM thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
That was nice :)
At least arnav is over the thing of keeping her as his mistress and thinking with respect for her
Thanks for the pm
Savera84 thumbnail
Arnav and his insecurities when it comes to a certain Khushi Kumari Gupta.😊
Nice chapter.
Cheers...
Edited by Savera84 - 7 years ago
Illuminatus. thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
Totally heard Rabba Ve in my mind. 
Loved the update. 
Your story has the IPK Arnav vibe, sizzling hot and icy cold at the same time. 
Your Khushi is smart, sensible and a fireball. That makes her better than IPK khushi. 
Excellent chemistry coming through already. 

ssdewi83 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Wonderful update...jealousy arnav...
nzmonica thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Not even ASR Ji is immune to the green eyed monster.
Hakuna_Matata11 thumbnail
Wow I am loving this transformation in Arnav.
Loved the update so much.
Can't wait for the next chapter.
pravallika thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 4
Thank you so much for the update and for the dedication Shruti πŸ˜ƒ thanks for your Valentine's day gift πŸ˜›
 Coming to the update, as I told you in my last update, arnav had softened a bit towards kushi and now he is thinking of her image in the office... a person who had forced her to accept his indecent proposal...
    Lol... now he wants her to befriend him... great... one more demand...  
  Eagerly waiting to see what's in store for us in Milan...
Thanks for the pm..
Edited by pravallika - 7 years ago