VOTE for best KS fan-fic:LAST DATE OCT 30

anjali.nair thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago

Dear KS-ians,

We always knew that our Kasamh Se section have no dearth of best writers and now it is attested after the overwhelming response to the fan-fic competition. We are sure that members are going to have a tough time to vote for the best. 😊

Before voting please read these guidelines

For fan-fic writers

Don't create multiple ids to vote for your entry. If you do so the fan-fic will be disqualified.

Don't advertise your fan-fic through PMs or openly on forum. If you do so the fan-fic will be disqualified.

All fan-fic entries should remain anonymous till the voting is over and winner announced.

You are not allowed to vote for your fan-fic. Choose others.😊

To members: Voting guidelines

Choose 5 best fan-fics. Don't vote for more than 5.

If a member PMs you to advertise her fan-fic then let sangitadas know asap.

Voting ends on October 30

If you have any doubts regarding voting or if you don't find your entry here then please PM sangitadas asap.

Thanks,

KS Development Team

Edited by sangitadas - 17 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sangitadas thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

Friends,

THE WAIT IS FINALLY OVER!!! 😛

Our FRIENDS here in the KS Forum have come up with some interesting FFs that I am sure all of you are so interested to read right now.

I will start posting the FFs one by one in separate posts.

There are around 21-22 FFs, so until I am done with, PLEASE DO NOT START VOTING.

Each FF has been allotted a UNIQUE Number. 👍🏼

When you choose the top 5 according to your preference, please dont forget to mention this allotted Number.

As Anjali has mentioned, the last date for voting is 30 October 2006. ⭐️

Note : Some of our Friends have changed the 'definition' of short FF 😆😆😆, but the stories are so lovely, that I am putting them all up.

I am sure you will enjoy reading them.  😃

REQUEST : Please note that some of your Friends have submitted their FFs along with some others, who may not be very well known to you. While voting, keep it in mind that you VOTE for the Fanfics that you actually like, not because you have to vote for some of them and of course, not because they are by your friends only. We are looking forward to your kind support and cooperation.

Also please keep in mind the basic rules as laid down by our Moderators.

Till then, Happy Fanfic-ing and Voting. 😆 😉 😆

Kasamh Se
IF DEVELOPMENT TEAM

SIKinLoVE thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: purple_penguins

Sweet.. Good Luck to all!!

I'm totally excited to read these great masterpieces!! 😉

*aviva*

me too me too. GOOD LUCK TO ALL!!!!!.. im a ff addict.. this is gonna be FUN.. thanx sangita and anjali 😛 Edited by nyzbabigyal - 17 years ago
sangitadas thumbnail

Unique Number 1

NO TITLE

When marimba rhythms start to play
Dance with me, make me sway
Like a lazy ocean hugs the shore
Hold me close, sway me more

As the song played on her Bose music system, the lyrics flowed through her. They penetrated the cocoon of memories that she had built up and locked inside the labyrinth of her mind. The cocoon unravelled, and she found herself lost within her past. Within the maze, that in all its complexity, held the pleasant scent of familiarity. The maze she had traversed with the one and only person that she had truly let her guard down with. The one person who took up responsibility for her, as opposed to burdening her with vows she had no means to fulfil. And this was the one thing, above all, that she most needed. Someone who saw her beneath her tough and calm exterior, for the vulnerable person within. He took that uncertainty away from her life. He eased the creases on her forehead. He. He simply took her breath away. Even now. Seven years later, as she lay upon her velvet sofa in her very own apartment in Delhi, calm and collected once more, she could still remember his touch, his scent, his ... his very presence. Everything that she had left behind was still within her. It was still within her somehow. And that was what she had wrapped up and kept hidden away, being unable to discard it completely. Now, as their song played upon the radio, the floodgates of her memory seemed to be opening without her consent. She was plunged into the maze once more, if only in her mind, and was forced to feel his essence as she remembered..

Like a flower bending in the breeze
Bend with me, sway with ease
When we dance you have a way with me
Stay with me, sway with me

He held her close, yes he did. Closer then was actually required for the waltz, nevertheless she didn't mind. At that point, she didn't mind one bit. As they danced, it was as though they were the only people on the dance floor. The stars glistened in the sky as she looked up, and as though one among the stars, his eyes glistened with emotion as well. She was lost in those beautiful eyes ... they held so much sorrow, so much grief. And yet, now, they were filled with hope, and with relief. Yes, they both shared that relief. She had wanted that moment to last a lifetime, and to remain forever lost in his eyes.  The cool night air swept past them both , as expected , in Mumbai at this time of the year. But for once, she didn't feel the least bit uncomfortable. This was truly, she remembered herself thinking, as good as it gets.

And all of a sudden, as she was looking in his eyes, he kissed her. The magic was inexplicable. She was still looking into his eyes as he held her close. That kiss.. oh his kiss. His touch, his grip, his voice. How well she remembered it all. How she yearned to relive it.

Other dancers may be on the floor
Dear, but my eyes will see only you
Only you have that magic technique
When we sway I go weak

Truly he made her weak. He was the only one alive who made her strong and yet was her only weakness. She remembered her fear, that night. She was afraid, as he held her close that something would happen to take her happiness away. She knew it would. It always did. She just hoped that he wouldn't be affected in any way. Those eyes shouldn't feel any pain. That was all that had mattered. And yet, as things turned out, she needn't have bothered.

I can hear the sounds of violins
Long before it begins
Make me thrill as only you know how
Sway me smooth, sway me now

How happy she had been, that night when they got home. She knew finally that he was hers. She had always been his, yet it was truly a lovely feeling that welled up inside her. She danced around her room in joy, finding it absolutely enthralling to do so. She hadn't felt this happy for a long time. Yet, when he did not appear by her side for a rather long while, she decided to go around the house to look for him. To hopefully surprise him with another kiss.

But when she found him, she was broken. He was at the bar, sharing two glasses of gin and tonic with her. She never expected this. Not after what had happened that night. Not again. He had changed hadn't he? She watched horrified as he handed her a beautifully wrapped present. It broke her heart, truly, leaving a shattered mind, soul and body. Tears trickled down her cheeks as he spoke to her with the same affectionate voice he used earlier that day. 'I love you, Bani' he had said, in that voice. He had promised and she had believed him. How gullible she had been. How foolish. She should have known.

Tony had interrupted their midnight conversation, and had knocked her out of her trance. That red herring was all that she had needed to collect herself and walk out of the castle she had built in the sky, with the one person she had loved.

As she packed, to leave forever, she felt an eerie silence in the room, and within herself. The silence scared her, and felt like it was unbounded. Everything else was muffled in front of this deafening silence. And that silence had remained ever since, until rhea came into her life.

When we sway I go weak

I can hear the sounds of violins
Long before it begins
Make me thrill as only you know how
You know how

All of a sudden Rhea's laughter shook her from her reverie, and she opened her eyes to see the light of her life standing before her. Yes, rhea, the one whom she had saved, and the one who had saved her. This little child, her daughter, had saved her from the frightening nothingness that she almost had fallen into.

She still remembered the day that her saviour came into her life. It was her birthday when she brought her light home. When she signed the papers, and the warden at the orphanage handed her that one-year-old beauty, she knew, at once, that her life would never be the same. She would never ever feel alone again. Because, for once, there was someone who needed her enough to sustain the both of them. And that was all that mattered.

When we sway I go weak

There was nothing volatile about the love she shared with Rhea. It was a constant in her life. It brought as much joy today as it had the first day she laid eyes on her beautiful baby. It was truly what rooted her, and what eventually saved her. Her daughter, who never ever left her side. There could be no treachery here. Their relationship was pure, and glorious every day. Unlike what he had done to her. She had been wrong to expect so much from him. She had been wrong.

Now, only her daughter made her go weak, and filled her with pure happiness. He was gone. Long gone. And that was how she preferred it.

-0-

sangitadas thumbnail

Unique Number 2

LIFE IS BEAUTIFUL……………..

"Hamesha aap kuch na kuch bhool jaata hein..........kam se kam aaj ka din to office se jaldi vaapas aa sakte the...........lekin lo! kisko yaad hein ghar aur parivar ke baare mein....."

"Aisa to tum soch rahe ho.....office mein achanak kaam aate he to karna hi padtha hein........"

"Office mein aapke alawa koi aur nahin hein kya..."

"Bas karo na Bani!.....office se tired hoke aaya hoon aur yahaan se tumhaari aise baatein sunna hi padta hein...."

Outside somebody is overhearing everything.

"Hey bhagwan, yeh munna aur Bani donon abhi abhi ek saath hua hein aur abhi hi khakda karna bhi shuru kiya hein.lagta hein kuch serious chakkar hein....."

She hears Jai coming out of the room, stamping and still shouting at Bani.Mausi rushes to her room, not wanting Jai to know that she has been hearing them fighting.

Jai goes out and picks up his phone.

"Mein Jai Walia bol raha hoon. Maine yeh bataane ke liye phone kiya ki main kal Kerala aa raha hoon, hamaare naye branch ke inaugration ke liye. Mere ke saare arrangements teek se karo, aur mein akele aa raha hoon, mere saath koi nahin hogs..teek hein."

Mausi overhears everything ............

Jai goes up to his room where Bani is sitting silently.He calls for Tony, and Tony enters.He tells Tony that he's going to Kerala tomorrow,, and he wants everything to be packed by tomorrow morning, loud enough for Bani to hear everything clearly. But still, there's no change of expression on Bani's face, ...This fumes Jai up.

He is about to leave the room once again when Bani's voice stops him..

"Meri sabse achi saheli ki shaadi parsom hein, aur voh mein shaadi karniwalai hein, mein uske shaadi mein hona chahti hoon..."

"Sab kuch to tumhaari marzi se hi kiya hein na aaj tak, to phir mera permission ki kya zarrorath hein tumhein, jahaan jaana chahti ho wahaan jao............"

Jai is in the Cochin airport, he has reached Kerala. His face is all sulken, and he's definitely not smiling. The officials who have come to receive him are quite frightened, they have heard about his temper.

He's now to the hotel where he's staying, still sulking .

"Yeh Bani ki problem kya hein, hamesha dossron ki baarein mein sochti hein, haan achi baat yeh hein lekin mere liye bhi kuch time spend kar sakti hoon, mein uske liye jo kuch bhi karti hoon uski koi parvah nahin hein..ab toh voh Bangalroe phunchi hongi, patha nahin sab kuch teek hein ya nahin....akeli hein voh, aur Bangalore to ......."

He jumps when he hears his mobile ringing, and sees that its from home.

"Hello,.."

"Munna, Bani.........."

"Haan Bani to Bangalore gayi hogi, uski kisi saheli ki shaadi ke liye.."

"Haan voh to subah hi gayi hein lekin abhi abhi uaki phone aaya ki voh Cochi mein uski kisi aur dosth ko lekar Bangalore jaane vaali hein"

"Kya! Bani yahan Cochin mein hein ab? OMG, acha hua ki aapne bataaya"

"Tu uski dekhpal karna, subah uski tabir bhi teek nahin thi"

"Haan Mausi mein abhi use phone karti hoon...."

Thank God, Bani yahaan pe hein, uski bahuth chinta aa raha tha mujhe. use. pone..kaise karoon, kal raat to hamaare beech jakda hua tha.......nahin Jai Walia ko uski beewi ke saat harne ki koi zarurath nahin hein............."

Bani is at the Bangalore airport. She is wheeling her out, same thoughts in her mind as in Jai's. She gets a call, and this is also from Mausi.

"Hello, Mausi, kya baat hein"

"Bani, Munna ne abhi mujhe phone kiya tha, voh ab Bangalore mein hein, usko vahaan koi meeting attend karna hein, sirf uske baad voh Cochin jaayega."

"Kya! Mr. Walia yahaan Bangalore mein hein! par..........mausi mein abhi use phone lagati hoon"

Kaise, phone karron mein unein, hamaara beech mein to Jhakda hua tha..............nahi ek baar to unko harna harana hi hoga……………..

Jai is attending some pre-inaugration meeting.His thoughts are still about Bani, will she be looking around for him now, all around  Cochin?

The meeting gets over and Jai goes out, feeling good taking a deep breath of the fresh air in Kerala. He sincerely regretted not taking Bani with him, it could have been a really loving for her…

Where would Bani be now, she's definitely in Cochin, Mausi told him so……..(oh! You fool, Mausi is smarter than you think!)

Mandir! Bani zarror yahaan ke koi mandir mein hongi, jahaan mandir ho, wahaan bani hongi…..

"Er, excuse me, ruko."

"Yes, sir, "

"Could you tell me if there's a temple somewhere around?"

Temple, sir, yes, there's a hanuman temple here….."

"oh, so please excuse me then, I'm going there………………………….."

And he rushes out, full of hope of finding her.

Jai reaches the mandir……he rushes out..looks around for a familiar, very familiar face, in fact the pure man kept staring at every lady's face, which fumed their husbands up……………but no! she's not there………………………….

He goes back, sulking again……………………………….

"Bar! Mr.Walia ab zarror kisi bar mein honge………………."

"Taxi……Taxi…………………… please aap mujhe yahaan  ke sabse bade bar mein le jayenge?"

"sorry..????"

"Oh! Isko hindi ya English donon nahin maloom hein……….Bar, sabse bade, jahaan mashhoor log jaate hein"

"Madam, only bars .where men go…..not women. no bars…………for women………"

"Arre, I………..Want to………go….goooooooooooooooo.samajh aaya.? To bars where men go!"

"ok..get in…. we'll go……"

Bani reaches the bar. She excitedly looks around for that handsome, lovable face that makes her go paagal…………………no, that's not Mr. Walia, .is that him.Yes! No! ….." Voh yahan nahin  hein………….."

"Excuse me, may I have 2 glasses of gin please……….??"

Bani immediately remembers that Jai drinks Gin at day, and she felt sure the voice she had heard was Jai's. She turns around, only to  find some unfamiliar man, who couldn't even stand as straight as Jai.

She walks out, thinking how good it would have been if she had met jai here…….

"Aur kahaan honge ab voh? Bar mein nahin hein………………………………..shayad kisi polo game mein…………………????"

"Arre mein yeh kaise bhool sakta tha? Voh ek shaadi ke liye jaa raha hoon, to voh ab kisi beauty parlour mein honge………….

"driver , take me to the best beauty parlour in Cochin.."

"sir, beauty parlour, don't you mean Gent's saloon?"

"If I said beauty parlour, just take me to the beauty parlour………………."

"huh, OK, sir….."

The driver takes him to a very posh beauty parlour. Jai walks out enthusiastically, feeling  sure Bani is there. The watch man eyes him suspiciously and tells him that men aren't allowed inside.

Jai just stared at him and says "nobody speaks to Jai Walia like that" and goes inside.

He barges in, and all the beauticians are taken in by surprise. Her's the most handsome man they have ever seen, and does he need a facial or a massage?

Jai moves around between all the women seated there, all those who have got some cream applied, or a cucumber on their eyes……….not Bani, Bani, that you….not her………..

Disappointment again……………

Bani is at a restaurant, now, and waiting in silence for her food to be served. She had always fancied a romantic dinner with Jai, but somehow, it just couldn't be done……..

"Bani……………….."

Bani turns around abruptly.. Her eyes went round and wide in delight. There was the man of her dreams, the man she loved more than anyone in the world……

Jai moved close to her, his face now broken into  a wide grin……….she was speechless, couldn't believe her eyes……….what was happening to her……….. why is she feeling as though all her life is being drained out her body……………..

Those shining eyes, are they piercing into mine? Those drops of sweat that is running down his ears, is that what I 'm tasting, those lips that has now met with mine, ………….I can see myself in his eyes…… his hand is moving down my body……….. my tears fall on his face…………..

"Excuse me, madam…….."

Bani jerked and got up,……..there was the waiter with her order………OMG, did I kiss him, mistaking him to be Mr.Walia?

Dreams occur when they are awaited……………they show you the most desperate desire of your heart…………..

Jai Walia is back at Mumbai. He is all worn out and tired. He takes off his coat and lies down……………

Its already 11  in the night, and the cold December winds are blowing through his window. He felt his teeth chattering. He gets up and covers himself with the blanket………patha nahin Bani ab kahaan hongi……….pura cochin doonda maine use…………………

There's a knock on the door. Jai sleepily mutters "yes, come in "feeling too lazy to open the door. The door slowly falls open, and Jai sees those beautiful feet entering inside…Bani's.

He is wide awake now, it is indeed Bani. But its complete silence again, nobody utters a word………Jai's expressions change,its first questioning, then surprise, then happiness, then anger……….. Bani just stares at him……………

"Raat bahuth ho chuki hein.jaakar changer karke so jao….."

Bani obeys him and takes her dress and proceeds towards the wash room. Jai's eyes follow her………………………..

" AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!"

Jai opens his eyes in a jiffy and recognises Bani's voice. He runs to the wash room, only to find Bani sweating hard. He rushes to her and supports her  stand

"kya baat hein.Bani..bolo..kya hua…."

"who…….woh………

Jai opens his mouth in surprise…………..he is absolutely speechless…….

Bani is still standing shocked………

Jai sighs and shouts "Tony..Tony.mere KAMRE MEIN EK CHOOHA HEIN..ZARA BAAT SAMHALENA…….."

Bani heaves a huge sigh of relief. Jai looks at her and slowly, his face turns to a grin.It was just so amusing to find the Bani, who was ready to do anything for her loved ones, afraid of rats!

Jai slowly moved towards her and she too looked up. His hands were moving towards her. She felt her face in his hands, and those hungry lips moved towards her…………

"EXCUSE ME, sir…"

Jai immediately lets go of her face, and turns around to see Tony standing near the door, his face now a bright colour of magenta…Bani turns away, and smiles softly.

Atlast, the chooha business was all cleared, and Bani is now sleeping peacefully on her bed. She is dreaming, and she is covered with presents. There were all kinds of packages around her, and she can't decide which one to open first. Her eyes fall upon a present which has the name"Jai Walia on it, a ribbon wrapped gift. She moves towards the gift, when the wind blows and her sari's pallu tickles her. She smiles when she is tickled…but no, she is actually being tickled.she can feel somebody's fingers on her face.

Bani immediately opened her eys. Jai's fingers were running across her face, smoothly, but briskly. Bani smiled, as she kept her eyes closed, when the real wind blew and the curtains covered them………………………………….

Bani opened her eyes and saw Jai sleeping contended. The two were in full comfort, absolutely happy and satisfied……………………..maybe Krishna was coming back to them…maybe that was Jai's gift to her..their Krishna………………..

sangitadas thumbnail
Unique Number 3

A Journey Into a Woman's Heart

This is a story of a woman named Bani who does not believe in love and a man named Jai who believes in love and how he makes Bani fall in love with him. It is his jouney into a Woman's heart that is Bani's heart.

Character Sketch

Jai Walia- The owner of Walia Empire and the man who got married to a woman that does not love him.

Bani Walia- The wife of Jai Walia, a woman who does not believe in love and tells Jai she never wanted to get married to him in the first place itself.

Punnet Walia- Founder of Walia Empire and Jai's father –who thinks that Jai-Bani are happy together.

Rekha Walia – Mother of Jai Walia and wife of Puneet Walia, a homemaker who also thinks Jai-Bani are very happy.

Jigaaysa Kohli- Jai's older sister and is very close to Jai she knows the truth about Jai-Bani's marriage and asks Jai to make the marriage work at any cost and helps Jai to win Bani.

Aditya Kohli- Jai's brother-in-law and knows what Jai is going through helps Jai to win Bani back

Ranveer Kohli- Jai's nephew and is also with Jai to help him get Bani back.
Saahil Kohli- Jai's youngest nephew also is helping Jai to win Bani back

Anu Kohli- Jai's only niece is also helping him win Bani back.

Om Dixit- Bani's father who forced his daughter to have a wedding with Jai Walia.

Radha Dixit- Bani's mother who also forced Bani to have a wedding with Jai Walia

Rano Dixit- Bani's younger sister who knows the reason why Bani does not believe in love? Will she tell Jai the truth?

Tarun Sablok- Jai's close friend who consoles him and supports him through his personal turmoil.

Ok. Guys, the above is the character sketch. Just a note there is no Pia and Roshni in my fanfic. Hope u like my storyline. So sit back, relax and enjoy the ride.

Part- I
Jai Walia's Dream Come True
Walia House
Jai Walia's Wedding

The entire Walia House was decorated with flowers and lights. The mood was festive afterall the most elgible bachelor was getting married. The wedding was going to be a lavish one. Every media channel was covering the wedding.
Jai looked the perfect groom with the nice golden sherwani especially made for the occasion. He was wearing a matching mojadi (Rajasthani shoes). The shara was put on his head and the flowers covering his face. He was delighted at the prospect of his wedding.
Many were surprised when Jai had consented to a arrange marriage and his parents and his sister Jigaysa had selected the bride for him.
Jai's parents were very happy and all were getting geared up for the wedding. The barat was ready to leave and Jai saddles himself on the horse.
The live band started playing the wedding tracks and people started dancing all around. It was a rare sight that the entire Walia family was dancing on their son's wedding. All were smiling laughing and enjoying the moment that they had been waiting for such a long time.
Jai had never seen his parents so happy and they were dancing. Jiggs and Aditya were also enjoying themselves and then he saw Ranveer, Saahil and Anu also throwing money and enjoying their hearts out.

A rare Kodak moment which Jai thought he would cherish his whole life. Little did he know that his life was about to change forever and the storm had already started brewing and will sweep all his happiness away and mark it with sadness.

Part- II
Celebration of Marriage

Dixit Residence,
Arrival of Barat
Welcoming Party,

The Dixit family is waiting for the Dawar Char(Pooja which the bride's father does for the groom)
Om Dixit, father of Bani helps Jai get down from the horse. There is customary hug between all the relatives where everybody greets everyone on this auspicious occasion.
The pooja concludes and the Warmala is about to happen.
Everyone is waiting for the bride to come down.
The eyes of the guests move towards the staircase where the bride is being brought down by her mother Rekha and her sister Rano.
Bani looked beautiful in a bridal outfit a red lagna with a red dupatta covering her face.
Jai is looking at her and cannot believe how beautiful his future wife looked.
Bani came on the stage and Jai was waiting for her.
The warmala cermony began, as Bani tried to put the garland in Jai's neck, Ranveer and others pulled Jai further up and Bani could not put the garland. She tried again and same result.
Finally, Rano with the help of Bani's friends lifted Bani and Bani leaped and put the garland in Jai's neck.
And all the guest in the midst of laughter and happiness blessed the couple by showering them with flowers.
Soon, the time for the pheras came and the wedding concluded.
The Bidai ceremony happened and Bani in tears bid her parents goodbye.

Walia House,
Welcoming of the New Bahu,

The Walia house was ready to welcome the new bahu and the welcoming ceremony happened and Bani walked into the Walia House.

The Mukh Dikai rasaam also went well.

And Jai was getting restless he wanted to be alone with Bani, his new bride. Jai could not wait to be with his new love of his life Bani.
And he was in for a rude awakening.

Part-III
Shattered Dreams and Heart-Breaking Confession

Walia House,
Jai-Bani's room,
The Wedding Night,

Jai's room was decorated with flowers all around the bed was laid with flowers all around and rose petals all over the bed. And Bani was sitting there waiting for Jai.

Jai came and closed the door and walked up to Bani. He could not wait to see her face again. He had met her few times before their wedding.

As Jai approached Bani and sat next to her and was about to unveil her face when Bani caught his hand pushed it aside and stood up. Jai was stunned by Bani's reaction he could not believe that what had just occurred actually had happened. He was shocked and looked at Bani.

Bani unveiled her herself and had nothing but pure hatred for Jai Walia he could believe when he saw her face he was too numb to react.

Bani said with venom in her voice, "What are u looking at like this Jai Walia, I never wanted to marry you. My parents forced me to marry you and I do not like you. I do not believe in love and please do not touch me or I will kill myself."

Jai is completely shocked and cannot believe that Bani is speaking like this to him. He says, "If this was the case why did u marry me? Why did u not refuse to this wedding?"

Bani looks at him and says, "I tried to but my father just was recovering from a mild heart attack and any stress could have caused him a severe toll on his health so I had no choice but agree to this marriage."

Jai is still stunned he says, "If this was the case, you could have spoken to me and I would have refused to marry you or is that you have someone else in your life and your parents did not agree to your marriage with him and you married me just to spite them?"

This question takes Bani aback she says, "I do not have anyone in my life and for that you have to fall in love, when I do not believe in love than where does the question of someone else being in life arise only. As for not talking to you, I did not know you and had no clue how you would react and I could not risk it what if you went and told my parents the truth then what?"

She says this is what will happen now. Bani says, "For the world we will be a happy married couple but when alone we are two strangers living under the same roof. Neither of our parents have to know what is happening between us. We will be married for a year or two, after which we will tell them that since the marriage is not working out it is better to part ways and hence we will divorce each other and go on with our separate lives. And when alone you will not touch me or even come close to me but when present in front of our families you can touch me, come close to me and even joke with me. And you have till morning to decide and let me know about your decision."

With that she goes to bed turns around to face away from Jai and soon is asleep.

Jai Walia cannot believe what has just occurred here. He cannot believe he married someone who does not believe in love and moreover has deciced to end the relationship without even giving it a try. He cannot understand what is happening and why he had to be the one to get this kind of sadness. His happiness was once again laced with tragedy.

An errie silence had decended on the room, Jai decided he will not let Bani go out of his life so easily. He had always faced difficulty and adversity and made it into his strength and this time it will not be any different. He will agree to Bani's demands and will go on as nothing bad ever happened between them. And he will take Tarun, his sister and others help to ensure that Bani one day will herself tell him that she loves him and will never leave him.

He wiped his tears from his eyes. Looked at the girl sleeping on the bed and prayed to God to give him the strength and determination and above all the patience and coolness to take all the taunts and hatred that comes his way as he knew Bani would unleash on him to ensure she can get out of this marriage as early as possible.

With that he went to sleep knowing he had his work cut out. He had to make his wife fall in love with him. He had to make the journey into Bani's heart. And he will do that come what may. Bani is mine and will always remain mine. And with these thoughts he fell asleep.

Part-IV
Jai Hides His Pain

Walia House,
Jai Room,
The Next Morning

Jai was getting ready for the office he knew that his family would question him as to why he would go to office the very next day of his marriage. He would have to make up some excuse.

Just as he was wearing his coat, Bani woke up he saw her and said nothing. Bani saw him leaving for somewhere she decided not ask him anything. He turned around facing Bani and said, "Bani, I will agree to all your conditions no questions asked. But you have to promise just one thing and that is you will not insult my family or my parents they should be happy and think we are happy. I cannot see tears in my parents eyes."

Bani said, "Fine. I promise not hurt anyone's feeling."

With that Jai walked out the room and went down and was lucky before anyone could catch him. He started his car and was gone.

Bani who was standing on the window saw Jai going. But before that she caught Jai wiping his tears and sitting in the car. She did not why but she felt bad. She decided to leave that thought she had to get ready and put up a show. She knew everyone will be teasing her about the wedding night and she knew how she was going to blush and make everyone happy. Outside she will be happy but from the inside she will feel humiliated that she had to lie about the wedding night with the man she could not stand.

Jai had been driving around for sometime, but he had to speak to someone he decided to speak to his older sister Jigaysa, he turned around his car and headed towards the Kohli house.

Kohli House
The Day After The Wedding,
9:00am

Jai got out of his car and marched towards his sister's house.
At the Kohli house everyone was at the breakfast table talking about Jai's wedding and their first night and what not!!!

Little did they expect Jai will be walking so early in the morning from the front door. The Kohli family was stunned to see Jai. Aditya thought about joking with Jai about the wedding night but seeing Jai's face he decided not to.
Jiggs walks upto Jai and wants to know what is wrong and Jai lets his guard down and hugs his sister and starts to cry relentlessly. Seeing this Aditya, Ranveer, Sahil and Anu are stunned and worried. They want to know what has happened and then Jai tells them everything that Bani told him on their wedding night and also what he told her this morning.
Jiggs cannot believe what she is hearing, she is speechless and so are the other members of the Kohli family.
Jai makes them promise whatever happens their parents should not come to know of the situation he cannot see them sad or in tears. Jiggs understands this and says no one will tell anyone and will help Jai get Bani forever.
And then hugs her brother and Jai keeps crying in her arms like a little boy who lost his toy.

Walia House,
Living Room

Bani gets dressed and goes down and sees Jai's parents. She goes and touches their feet thinking how long I have to play this role of a doting daughter-in-law but smiles and goes about doing daily chores of the house.
She decides to prepare lunch for everyone. Jai's parents are touched by this gesture and decide to call Jiggs and family for the lunch. They also call Jai to inform him to come for lunch as they have a surprise for him.
Meanwhile, Tarun Sablok Jai's childhood and best friend also comes to meet him and is also invited for the lunch.

Kohli House,
Living Room

Jai is astonished to see Walia House number on his mobile he is hesitant but picks up hears and says fine I will be there. Then Jiggs mobile gets a call from the Walia House Jiggs also little hesitant picks up the phone on the 5th ring and hears and says she will be there.

Jai is like what surprise they are talking about? I am not going home and whatever happens just do not let them know I was here with you. Jiggs tells him she understands but he has to come otherwise he will not be able to answer their questions and he has agreed to Bani's conditions.
So Jiggs tells him to be brave and face challenges like a man.

With that Jai has a quiet breakfast with his sisters family and then goes to sleep.

Walia House,
Dining Room,
The Day After the Wedding,
1:30pm

Jai walks in late on purpose so know one will question him where he was and also Jiggs walks in with her family half-an –hour earlier to ensure that no one knows anything. She reaches Walia House and sees Tarun there and also Bani's parents.

She wants to give a piece of her mind to Bani's parents but Aditya stops her and tells her that this will create not only unnecessary commotion but she will break her promise to Jai. She decides against it but is furious at Bani for bringing tears in Jai's eyes.

Jiggs is very protective about Jai and she cannot bear the thought that this girl had hurt Jai so badly that Jai for the first time in his life was not only broken but shattered. Jiggs decided to put a brave face so she can help Jai and ensure her support to her brother.

Dining table is set with a feast. Various dishes and sweets have been made for this lunch. Everyone seems to be enjoying themselves. .
Bani's eyes are searching for Jai and cannot find him she is astonished at herself why is she worried about Jai? She does not love him and will never love him? Yet she wants to see him and wants to know if he liked her cooking, afterall he is my husband.

As soon as the thought crossed Bani's mind Jai like on a cue walked in. Bani for a moment could not believe that Jai walked in at the exact time when she was thinking about him. She was furious with herself and could not understand where these emotions that she was harboring now were coming fom? How could she think of Jai so much? Yet she could not help but notice him from a distance.

Jai smiled when he saw Tarun and gave him a bear hug. They both started talking about the old times. Jai noticed Bani's parents and her sister Rano and went to say hello and talk with them for sometime afterall Jai though appearances have to be kept.

Lunch was being taken, Jai was stunned to find that the entire lunch was made by Bani. And this confused him to no end. On one hand, she single-handedly crushed his every dream about the life he had planned for himself and her after their marriage and on the other hand, she was taking care of things at the Walia House like she would be with him for the rest of her life.

Lunch was appreciated by everyone but Jai did not say anything. He excused himself saying he has a urgent call and walked away and went to his room. Jai was talking with someone regarding a business deal as he was finishing Bani walked in and waited for him to finish his phone call.

After the call was finished, Bani asked him why he had left so adruptly everyone was wondering what was wrong? Jai told her not to worry he will keep his end of the bargain and will tell them there was a important call. But this was not the reason Bani had come to talk to him in the first place.

She wanted to know if he liked her cooking, she did not why she needed his approval as to whether her cooking or not? Before she could ask him he left the room and Bani just stood there with tears in her eyes. Once again, this emotion about Jai scared her as she had no clue what was happening to her?

Jai went downstairs and talked with everyone and put a happy face for the family and then later on he went to his study with Tarun. Tarun asked what was wrong and he said nothing. Tarun told him that he could never lie and not to him atleast. Jai tries to change the subject but Tarun is relentless he will not talk about anything else unless he comes to find out what is wrong with Jai?

Jai tells Tarun everything and Tarun is shocked and cannot believe that something like this could happen to Jai.

Tarun wants to have a drink Jai wants his usual black label neat but unfortunately there is no black label. Tarun likes Gin and Tonic and with no whisky Jai decides to have Gin and tonic also.

So Tarun makes two glasses of gin and tonic and both of them drink and keep talking about the old times. Tarun in between conversation tells Jai that he is with him and will support him with whatever he wants. Jai thanks him and they hug each other as Tarun can see Jai is clearly heartbroken.

Part-V
The First Hug

Bani is alone in her room, it is nearing 12:00am in the morning Jai has still not returned from the study with Tarun. Just as she sees Jai coming towards the room she jumps on the bed and pretends to go to sleep.

Jai has had a little too much and is staggering and swaying like a drunkard. He is unable to take one step properly. He walks in the door and bangs into the chest of drawers, seeing this Bani gets up and tries to help Jai but he refuses her and tells her not touch him otherwise she will feel like a sinner.

Bani is shocked to hear Jai say this but she knows she herself had said that to him and he was just repeating what she had told him.

She decided to help him anyway, Jai was too drunk and to fight her and finally surrendered himself to her and Jai was tall and in order for her to get him to bed, she took Jai in her arms as soon as his head dropped on her shoulder and his hand touched her back Bani felt a current run throughout her body.

His warm breathing at the side of her neck was sending a sweet tingling sensation across her entire body and she just could not believe she was feeling like this. With great effort Bani put Jai on the bed took off his shoes and went to sleep.

The next morning Jai woke up with a bad hangover and looked at the time it was 12:00pm he could believe he had slept this long. Bani was nowhere to be found. He got up and got ready to go to work.

When he came down he saw Bani was talking and smiling with his parents they seem to enjoy a great rapport and probably were sharing a joke. Jai felt nice that his parents were happy and that Bani was keeping her promise.

Seeing Jai Bani got up and got his breakfast and sat next to him. Jai ate in silence did not speak a word, he got up and left for office.

With meetings and presentations Jai was busy and he could have lunch and when he finally came to his cabin he asked the peon to get him a sandwich. The peon told him what about the lunch that has come from the home. Jai was stunned to find out that lunch had come from home and was baffled to no end to find out that Bani herself had delivered the lunch. Well, Jai was what she trying to do being nice to me like this, he decided to ask her, but thought against it because she is probably doing to impress his parents.

By the time Jai came home it was 11:30pm he was hungry and wanted to have dinner. As he reached the Walia living room he found that Bani was sitting and reading a magazine and his parents were about to go to sleep. Seeing him his parents asked him how was his day and he told them fine.

Jai called for Tony and asked him to have his dinner ready while he goes and freshens up. His parents tell him Tony has been relieved for the day and he should have dinner with Bani as she has not had dinner so far and said she would have it with you only.

Jai is shocked and pleased at the sametime just looks at Bani smiles at her and says he will freshen up and come. When he comes back after freshening up he sees that the table has been laid and two dinner plates have been kept.

The food is piping hot and he sits to have his dinner. There is awkward silence between the two. Bani breaks the silence by asking him if he had the lunch that she had send for him. She did not want him to know that she had herself brought the lunch but was unaware that he already knew. Jai tells her that he had the lunch which she had delivered herself. Bani is shocked to know that he knows but says nothing.

Jai looks around and then thanks her for taking such a good care of his parents and tells her that she does not need to send him lunch at the office everyday or wait for him to have dinner. He tells her that he does not want her to pain herself in doing these things because when she is gone then his eyes will be searching for her knowing that she will not return.

He says he has been alone all his life and like to keep it that way as after sometime again he will be alone and if he gets used to her companionship then he will have a hard time letting go of her and she will also have a hard time leaving him. It is therefore necessary that both of us only do things in such a way that parting does not become a pain for both of them. Bani is stunned to hear this but knows he is right yet she does not why she is hurting seeing him in pain, maybe she is responsible for the pain she is giving him.

Bani tells Jai that she understands what he is saying and is absolutely right but he does not need thank her for taking care of his parents. She also tells him that she will keep sending the lunch on a regular basis and it will be upto him whether to have it or not and lastly she will wait for him at dinner each night and will only have dinner with him and again it is upto him to have dinner with her or not. But she will not have dinner unless he had his dinner and she walks away from Jai.

Jai is amused, confused and pleased at the sametime as he is unable to understand what Bani just told him. He cannot fathom why she wants to take care of him when she herself told him that she does not love him. What is happening here?

Part-VI
Revelations of Why Bani Does Not Believe in Love?

Days turn to weeks and weeks turn into months.

It has been six months now.

Both Jai and Bani have adjusted well to their routines, they hardly talk with each other but are always aware what the other wants.

There is a unspoken understanding and bond between them and life is just going on.

Bani is taking care of the household and going about doing chores when Rano comes to meet her.
Jai's parents are happy to see Rano, she speaks with them and then goes with Bani to her room where they both are talking about life and in general.

Bani does not hide anything from Rano and tells her that this marriage will end soon. Rano is shocked as Bani tells her everything. Rano says how can she even think about such a thing and Jai Jiju is such a nice guy.

Time passes by, and Jai comes home early to find Rano there he says hello talks to her about college and how are her parents and then excuses himself and goes to freshen up.

Bani tells rano she has to get dinner ready as Jai will be hungry and goes to get the table set for dinner.

Jai comes out and finds Rano. Asks her to join them for dinner.

Just as Jai is leaving Rano tells him that she wants to talk to him about Bani as she is aware of the relationship that both of them are sharing.

That stops Jai in his tracks he turns around and says it is fine as all people in life cannot have everything and he cannot have Bani as much as he loves her she does not and he is aware of this maybe a blissful married life is not meant for him.

Bani who comes back hears what Jai is telling Rano. And tears come in her eyes. She is began to develop feelings for Jai but is unsure if they are for real or not. She wipes her tears and goes inside the room to tell them that the dinner is served and walks out of the room.

Before Jai can leave the room again Rano tells him that Bani was not like this always. She use to believe in love and always talked about meeting her Prince charming, but then her best friend was in love with a guy and on the day of their marriage he left her for another woman and when she went to confront the guy he told her that he never loved her she was just a his playtoy now that he had played with her she had no use for him and hence he does not like to be with someone he has already played with. Bani was there when her friend this.

Her best friend was heart-broken and the very next day she committed suicide Bani was the one who found her and since then bani has never been the same. And hence she has become more rigid and stubborn and has completely transformed from the Bani that Rano knew. Rano tells Jai that Bani is not a bad person and she will help him to ensure Bani never leaves him because she knows if anyone can change her it will be you.

As much as Jai is shocked to hear this, he is thankful to Rano that atleast now he knows why Bani is such a stone, the fear of getting hurt and more important she is scared of abdonment. Now Jai aware of her insecurities decides how to get Bani to express herself.

He hugs Rano and thanks her once again. He is happy and both of them go down for dinner.

Seeing Bani a plan begans to form in his mind. He names this operation "Journey into Bani's heart" and a smile appears on his face and he is beaming. Bani is unaware of what Rano has told him so seeing Jai smile like that Bani wonders what is he thinking about? Probably her. And the thought itself makes her blush and she knows that she has began to feel things for Jai. She is fighting that feeling but is getting defeated in the bargain.

Back in their room, Jai is whistling a happy tune. Bani is quiet and is thinking what is happening here?
She does not tell him.

Jai thinks to himself it is time to woo Bani and stun her.

With that in mind he turns around and tells Bani that he forgot what a lovely cook she was. He further looks into her eyes and takes her hand in his hand and says she has magic in those hands and then he does the most unexpected thing he kisses her hands, looks for a second more with a twinkle in the eye and then leaves her hand and walks away from her leaving her gasping for air and she is blushing away to glory Jai lingers his walk for a moment and turns around smiles and winks at her is gone in a heartbeat.

Bani is confused she cannot believe what happened here. Did he just compliment me on my cooking? And did he just kiss my hand? Bani cannot believe that she is loving Jai's sudden attention and affection.
She could not believe Jai had kissed her hand and why is she blushing so much.

Jai decided to get his plan into action.

Part-VII
The Plan- Jealousy

Jai decided to take Rano's help called her and explained her the plan. She was impressed and thanked Jai for believing in her and not giving up on Bani.

Rano called Bani and asked her to join her for lunch at the restaurant. She agreed.

Rano then called Jai and told him everything was set.

Jai called his old friend Roshni who was happily married and was a dear friend of Jai. She could not attend his wedding as she was not in town. Jai called her and asked her if he could come and meet her and she told him that he can come anytime he did not have to ask her permission.

Jai reached Roshni's home and was happy to see her after a long time, he was even more happy to see her husband Raj. Jai said he had a favour to ask for them. Raj told him anything for him as Jai had been instrumental in getting Roshni-Raj together. He tells them about Bani and her conditions and everything that has transpired since his marriage.

Raj-Roshni cannot believe that Jai had to go through so much. Jai tells them he needs Roshni's help in getting Bani back. He explains them his plan. Raj says no problem as long as I get my wife back. And Roshni jabs him playfully in the stomach. Roshni tells Jai she will get ready for their date and winks at Raj and him.

Raj just smiles and tells Jai you better not do anything with my wife and he winks at Jai Roshni sees that and throws a cushion at him and goes to get ready.

When Roshni is gone Raj tells Jai he can count on him and once all this gets sorted out then we need a dinner party when you and Bani have united forever. And Jai says he definitely, anything once he has Bani back in his life.

Roshni comes back and they leave for the restaurant for lunch.

Bani has already reached and she and Rano are talking and enjoying themselves. When she is shocked and stunned to see Jai come in the restaurant with a beautiful looking woman hand in hand, laughing and talking with each other. They are having a ball. And Bani is fuming she cannot see Jai with another woman. She cannot believe he would cheat on her like this. She has just lost her appetite.

Rano sees her disturbed and sees in the direction that Bani is looking at and sees Jai with another woman rano cannot hide her smile and Bani sees this and tells her why is she smiling and she is saying she cannot believe Jai is cheating on her?
Rano tells Bani to get a hold on reality, she herself does not want this marriage to work she cannot expect Jai to be alone for the rest of his life and when she plans to leave him anyways. Let him find his happiness at least he is entitled to it. Is he not?

Bani is in tears and walks way from the restaurant promising herself that she will confront Jai about this. How can he do this to her afterall I am his wife and I love him so much. As soon as, she said that to herself she could believe she had said this. She was in love with Jai Walia, how did that happen? Probably because he was nice to her but love and that too Bani what is wrong with me?

On the other hand, at the restaurant Rano was introduced to Roshni she thanked her for all the help and told Jai to be ready for Bani as she was fuming with jealousy. She is going to confront him about this. And Jai says this what I am hoping for.

Back at the Walia House, Bani is in her room she cannot get passed with the fact that she had seen her husband with another woman. It was 9:30pm when Jai walks completely aware of the storm that is about to hit and he is prepared for it.

Jai walks in and Bani gives him a cold stare Jai smiles and quietly goes to freshen up. Bani prepares herself to confront Jai as she sees him coming out of the bathroom. Just as she is about to confront him there is a knock on the door and in comes Tony interrupts them by saying that everyone is waiting for them for dinner. Jai nods and tells Tony they will be down shortly. Tony nods and leaves.

Jai smiles and tells Bani to come along for dinner she says fine lets go.

They have a quiet dinner and then come back to the room.

Jai switches on the television can hears a child's laughter in a advertisement and it brings back memories when he thought one day he will also have his own children so much for dreams he said to himself. He was sad that he may not have his own children and that hurt him a lot.

Bani is just sitting quietly waiting for Jai to close the television when he switches off the T.V. Bani walks straight in front of him and the way she comes all of a sudden scares Jai to no end. He cannot believe Bani could behave like this. He looks at her confused as to what she wants?
Bani asks him where he was this afternoon and what he had for lunch? Jai knows where this is heading he tells she does not have a right to ask him where he was after all why all this affection and concern when she is going to leave him anyway. But he will answer anyway he was in a meeting all afternoon and when he came from the meeting it was 4:00 that is when he had what bani had sent for lunch. He says looking straight in her eyes.

Bani cannot hide the shock and digust for Jai as she cannot believe that her husband has just lied to her on her face with such ease it was too much for her to take. She was angry. She did not say anything she could not believe that he did not care for her.

Why was she behaving like this? She tells Jai he is lying and that she knows where he was all afternoon. To which Jai tells her to prove if he is lying and hearing this with tears in her eyes she tells she saw him with another woman and calls him names and abuses just walks away heart-broken.

Jai does not like what he is doing with Bani but is pleased that Bani has started to fall in love with him. His plan has beginning to show some results. He just needed to be patient.

Now, he needed his friend Tarun and Kohli families help to get his next plan into action.

Part-VIII
The New Bani

Bani cried herself to sleep that night. She could believe Jai would lie to her like that. She could believe she was so upset with him. She decided it was time she told him how she felt about him. Maybe Jai and Bani were made for each other. This brought a smile on her face.

She decided that from tomorrow she will become a new Bani who will do everything in her power to make sure that Jai knows that Bani loves him. She blushed at the thought of the word love which she had forgotten and Jai had once again shown that love means to her. Even knowing that she did not love him he had respected her and took care of her needs and above all, he had not been abusive and even more importantly he have not offended her in anyway.

Jai got up early in the morning to see Bani was not in the room. What he saw stunned him to no end when he came out of the bathroom, he found the newspaper waiting from him at the table, his coffee was kept next to it which was piping hot and to his amazement his clothes were pressed and neatly kept on the bed with his socks, belt and matching shoes near the bed.

Jai was pleased but Bani was not in the room.

Jai smiled and was pleased to no end.

Things were about to get interesting now.

He showered and shaved and got dressed up when he came down his breakfast was waiting for him. He had a quick breakfast and left for the office.

Jai's parents had been observing little things for a long time. They knew that things were not well between Jai-Bani, but did not say anything because even if they asked they knew Jai will tell them that they were imagining things and all was well between them. They wanted to ask Bani but decided not to thinking she would think that they were interfering in her marriage. But they knew something was wrong and decided to wait and watch before confronting Jai or Bani.

Jai had been apprasing Jiggs and Tarun about everything that was happening between him and Bani on a regular basis. Today, he was sitting in front of them at Kohli house where the entire Jiggs family and Tarun could not believe that Bani was jealous and how she had taken care of all the little needs of Jai this morning. Maybe, there was still time to win Bani back forever.

Jai seemed happy and seeing his beaming smile after such a long time made Taurn and Jiggs family happy to no end.

Jai told him about the plan he had in mind. He wanted their help which will be the last part of his plan where their help will be needed.

He told them to start planning a party which will be thrown two weeks from now and that is when Bani's birthday is and he wanted not only to surprise her but also to tell her that he wanted to be with her for the rest of his life.

With that thought in mind, he left his sisters house and dialed Rano and told her what he wanted her to do. She was only too happy to help him once again. She said to him she will take care of it. Jai thanked and kept the phone.

By the time Jai reached office it was noon. As he entered his cabin he was stunned to find Bani waiting for him. He was not prepared for this but walked in causally.

He came and sat in his chair and faced Bani and asked her why she was here. Bani looked at him and said she thought maybe they could have lunch together if he was not too busy.

Jai took a a little longer to answer back as he was pretty amused at the request, in his heart he was pleased that his gentleness and care was bringing Bani closer to him and now she had began to take steps to see if things could work out between them. He told her that lunch would not be a problem.

Jai told her to wait for sometime while he got few important matters out of the way before they could go for lunch and Bani said it was fine by her and asked her if she could wait here with him while he finished his work. Jai said it was no problem at all. And saw a beaming smile from Bani which send tingling sensation straight to his heart. He returned her smile and asked her to move to the sofa as he will have people coming and going.

For the next one hour, Bani saw Jai taking care of business not sparing anyone who was not doing their job rightly. Appreciating people on a job well done and encouraging employees who were not upto the mark. She saw the way he carried himself. He was Jai Walia the business tycoon and one of the most influencial person in the country and he was hers. He was her husband and the man she hated the most in the beginning but now he was one person she will not be able to live without even for a second if he were to leave her life. She had to tell him that she loved him she wanted to be with him and most of all she craved for him to love her, touch her and cherish her for the rest of her life.

God!! She loved him so much!!!!

Part-IX
Confession of Love

Jai and Bani had a nice quiet lunch at a nearby restaurant. They talked in general, she still could not believe he had lied to her about his lunch with the other woman and this was killing her from the inside. She just could not see him with anyone else.

After lunch, Bani with a heavy heart returned back to Walia House where Rano was waiting for her. She seemed upset about something. She was talking to Jai's parents.

Seeing Bani Rano came and hugged her and started to cry. Bani was now worried as to what had happened here. She took Rano to her room and asked her what was wrong? Why was she so upset? Rano was a bit hesitant but told Bani that she had seen Jai with the same woman this morning. They were having tea in a restaurant near her college and was upset because when she confronted Jai about this he told her that you do not love him and since you are going to leave him anyway, why cannot he find someone that will love him?

Rano added that Jai had taunted her that just because Bani sends food to the office or waits for dinner for him does not mean she loves him she is only doing this so that she can leave me peacefully. Rano further adds that when she told Jai that she will tell Bani everything, Jai thanked her and said the sooner I got rid of your sister the better it will be for me.

Bani was shocked and stunned she could not believe Jai would say all this things to Rano. Bani decided she had enough beating around the bush tonight she will confront Jai once and for all.

She said to herself, "Aar ya Par".
Rano came out of the Walia House and called Jai and told him that she had taken care of the situation and today Jai is going to be facing a volcano waiting to erupt.

Jai smiled and said to himself exactly what I want.

Bani was pacing her room impatiently all day. She had been looking at the clock every five minutes.

Finally the clock struck 10:00pm and Jai Walia walked into the room.

He was a ribbon wrapped gift in his hand for Bani.

Bani looked at Jai and saw the gift and said nothing.

She waited for Jai to come in and walked to the door closed it completely and then locked it from the inside.

Jai looked at her suggesting what does she think she is doing.

Bani walked upto Jai and said where was he this morning and Jai said that in a meeting with a client. She cannot believe that he lied again to her.

Bani tells him that he is lying and cannot believe he would cheat on his wife. She rants that she had seen her with another woman that day and he had lied to her. She said that today also he was cheating on him again and she had tears in her eyes she was shouting and crying at the same time. She told him what Rano told her and she said she cannot believe that he wants her to leave him forever.

Jai looks at her and says why is she is so upset was she not the one who said she did not want to get married to him. Was she not the one who told him if he ever touched her that she will kill herself? Was she not the one who said she will divorce and leave him one day? So why is she so upset and jealous, why does she care if he is having an affair or not? What is it to her?

Bani is crying like hell now, her face is full of tears that keep rolling down her cheeks continuously. She says that was different but things have changed for her.

And Jai says what has changed for her? What is so different now that was not before? He says tell me what has changed Bani? What has changed now?

He keeps repeating this over and over again and finally Bani says that before she did not care for him but she cares for him a lot and that is because she is in love with him.

Bani looks in his eyes and tells him that she loves him and she will not be able to live without him and with that she comes running in his arms and hugs him hard. Jai reciprocates Bani's hug.

Jai looks her in the eye and said this is what he had been waiting for her to say. He said he loves her very much and that what he did was to show her that when two people who understand, trust each other so much than why cannot they love each other and be with each other for the rest of their lives.

Jai further tells her that the woman she saw him with was a close friend of his who is happily married. Bani realizes it was a red-herring. Bani cannot believe this she is angry that he tricked her but is so happy that her happiness can be seen more than her misery.

She is standing near the window where the December chills of Mumbai is making Bani's whole body shiver. Jai comes from behind and puts his arms around her. She feels the warmth of him and closes her eyes to bask in the arms of the man she loves so much.

Bani slowly turns around and looks at Jai. And Jai looks at Bani. The passion which has been building between them for so long is about to be unleashed. Jai brings Bani closer to him and before long Jai's lips touches Bani's lips first lightly and then very passionately. Jai and Bani kiss each other for the first time.

And with each kiss the passion between them keeps increasing and slowly Jai and Bani move to their bed and with the wind blowing across that night. The scenes fade away to the morning.

The next morning the lives of Jai-Bani had changed completely. Bani eyes opened first and she saw the smiling face of Jai greeting her and Jai came closer and Bani hugged him again she buried her head in his chest and he could feel the warm air with Bani breathing on him.

It was a sight to marvel upon.

Part-X
The Celebrations

The next two weeks went like a breeze and finally the Bani's birthday had come and at the Kohli house Bani was celebrating her birthday.

She was very happy.

Jai and Bani had a surprise to give to the family.

And Jai had a surprise of his own for Bani. The gift that he had bought for Bani that night had remained untouched so he decided to give that plus had another surprise for her.

The entire Kohli house was decorated, live band was playing and a
five-tier chocolate cake had been ordered for the occasion .

Bani looked beautiful that night and Jai looked handsome.

Roshni came with her husband Raj and Bani was introduced to them and she blushed when Raj said to her that she was lucky to have a husband like Jai who in order to get you back wanted to steal my wife in the bargain thank god you decided to be with him otherwise he says pata nahi kya hota…….mera!!!

Roshni jabs him playfully all of them have a nice laugh.

Jiggs and her family meet Bani and are happy that everything is fine between Jai and him and Jiggs tells her to promise she will never leave Jai. She promises Jiggs she will not leave Jai even if he wants to leave her and that makes the entire Walia family smile.

Jiggs told her parents about the whole Jai-Bani story and her parents were happy and said "Anth bala to sab bala"

Bani also meets Tarun and is happy to know things have worked out for them. He tells Bani to take good care of Jai and Bani tells him she will take care of him like know one has ever cared for him. Tarun is happy and touched by her reply.

Bani meets Rano and she is happy and elated to see Bani this happy with Jai she tells him that she told Jai why you did not believe in love and that Jai promised Rano he will show Bani what love is once again.

Bani is touched and pleasantly surprised that she has a man who loves her so much.

Bani meets her parents and hugs both of them, she thanks them for bringing Jai into her life and apologizes for her behaviour and promises them she will always take care of Jai.

Bani's parents are happy and content that their daughter is happy with her married life and forgive her provided she keeps visiting them more often. She seals the deal with a smile.

After the cake cutting ceremony, Jai announces he has some good news to share with them. Jai tells them that soon Bani-Jai are in the family way. Jai tells them that Bani is pregnant.

The Walia, Kohli and Dixit family is elated and overjoyed by this news. Tarun, Roshni and Raj are also very happy with the news.

Jai also tells them that he and Bani would be going on their honeymoon to Switzerland. Bani is pleasantly surprised and is happy.

Jai then asks Bani to close her eyes and she does he takes a beautiful Diamond necklace and places it around her neck and asks her to open her eyes. She is delighted and hugs Jai and then realizes that the entire family is there and she blushes when everyone starts to whistle and clap.

Jai gives her the gift that he had bought for her that night. She opens it and sees that it is their wedding photograph in a nice wodden and steel frame. She smiles and looks at him and thanks him for showing how to love again.

Jai asks her to come and dance with him. He promises her that he would never leave her and she promises that she will be by his side come what may. She will always love and cherish him for the rest of their lives.

Bani tells him that this is as good as it gets and Jai says for once smiles and says yes this is as good as it gets.

The fireworks start to come and the entire family is scattered and talking and enjoying themselves.

Jai and Bani dancing on the floor stealing kisses when know one is looking at them and waiting for the day when they would become parents so many dreams that they will now fufil together.

Jai smiled at Bani knowing that finally he had made the journey into a woman's heart.

And this was the heart of his wife Bani who was his life.

THE END

sangitadas thumbnail

Unique Number 4

"Will you tame me?"

Prelude

Pia and Pushkar love each other and Saahil and Rano are friends….. Bani is friends with Pushkar and knows Saahil just as Rano's friend…..

The Dixit sisters are not dependent on the Walia's….however they have moved to Mumbai after the death of their father….from Mt. Abu…..

Bani at has her own successful business in partnership….. opened with the money her father left her….quite an achievement for a girl at 29 years of age with no backing…..a PR Firm called … "White Flower Consultants"….. with the tag line ………..…. "This is 1) as Good as it Gets"….. Pia helps Bani….while Rano studies in college….

Everything else is same as in Kasamh Se……except the fact that Jai & Bani have never met each other….

"Will you tame me?" : Chapter 1

It is 21st December……Pushkar's birthday and he has thrown a bash in the night club of the Walia Hotel….. Bani is also invited but is expected to come in later as she is busy with a meeting….. Jai hates these kinds of affairs and is also planning to come in much later…. just to show his face for Pushkar…..more than anything else…

Both Pia and Pushkar are busy rocking on the dance floor… Rano is dancing with Saahil……. the Walia's are also having a great time… including Ranveer ( if you can believe it…)…Tarun, Aaditya, Jigs, Raashi…plus.. Anu & Rohit who are engaged….

Everyone is on a high…. … Pushkar refuses to cut the cake before Jai comes…..so they all are waiting for him to come…..and in the meantime they are busy jiving to Himesh Reshamiya's songs…. "Jhalak dikhlaga….. ek baar aa jaa… aa jaa ….aaaa…..jaa…."

By now, they all are tired of waiting for Jai it is almost 11:00 pm ….. Aaditya calls up Jai….

Aaditya: Jai yaar ….. kahan hai tu….. ab to aa ja….. and winks at Jigs standing nearby…who gives him a dirty look….

Jai: Aaditya …. yaar you know me I don't like all these night club parties….. the music is so loud that you can hardly hear yourself…. what talk about the other person…..( and thinks that perhaps he is getting old at 38 years of age..)

Aaditya: Come on Jai…. for Pushkar's sake….. waise bhi jab tak tu nahin aayega who cake nahin katega… its already 11:00 ab kya 22nd to birthday manwayega bechare ka…

Jai when he comes to know this is very contrite and says he will be there in 10 minutes….

Jai as promised comes along with another one of his great friends…. Karan…… and Pushkar cuts the cake…. they all start jiving all over again…

Bani has however …. not yet come in as yet…...her PR party has run into a few problems and she is busy trying to solve them... she nonetheless promises both Pia and Pushkar that she will definitely come the moment she is free….

(Hi Guys,….. info on Karan…
Karan Singhal …. is Jai's boarding school friend…single…….is a great womaniser ….playboy.... something like today's Richard Branson…..has more money than you can think……is into Tea Estates…. Also has Wineries….
Just thinks guys…. Estates…... cellars…wine……. ohhhhh! Wow…. and stays in Bangalore…..looks exactly like……… guess who? ....…..Rajeev Khandelwal……….. infact could easily be his identical twin...
BTW, Karan has another facet to his character which needs to told ….. he lives and breathes dangerously… close to the edge…and has a devil may care attitude…... ………….Sounds dreamy….. doesn't he..?....)

Jai is sitting on the bar talking with Tarun & Aaditya …... Karan is busy jiving with the beautiful ladies on the dance floor….. he is having a great time while rocking to KANK's song…"Where the party tonite?"

Tarun: Yaar Jai why don't you party….. just look at Karan….. he is so busy having a ball…

Jai looks at Karan and gives an indulgent smile…. he is like….. guys you know Karan….. he can party anywhere anytime…..

Just then Karan having seen them looking at him and talking …. comes over to find out what's up?

When they tell him what exactly they had been talking about … Karan tells them that his motto is to work hard …….but………. party even harder!…..

He let's them know his ideas for Jai also and they all laugh and feel that perhaps it could work…. Jai does not agree and looks at them with derision…..thinking they all are nuts… and finishes his drink and leaves….. they keep calling him but he refuses….. saying….. "Sorry guys ….. I think your ideas are very interesting but…I am simply not interested!"………

Bani ….finally manages to come ….she is looking divine in a white/ silver sari…..she wishes Pushkar very warmly , they both hug and she gives him … 2) a ribbon-wrapped gift …… both Pia and Pushkar are very happy…… they unwrap it immediately and find a beautiful leather wallet……

The party is still going strong…… Bani jives for sometime for Pia and Pushkar… it is really very crowded…. you know how these nigh clubs can be…..in all that hustle and bustle…. Suddenly there is a clutter of crockery and before you can blink …..Bani finds out to her dismay that someone has dropped red wine all over her white sari…. God! ... Bani is feeling so embarrassed……

Pushkar and Pia immediately come to help her...…. Both can see …. that the stain won't come off easy….. Pushkar has a bright idea…..

He tells Bani that there is a Suite permanently reserved for the Walia's and their guests in the hotel and Bani can go there and the housekeeping will have her sari cleaned in no time…. Bani wants to go home but Pia wouldn't have any of it and forces Bani to retire to that suite…..

It is a beautiful Suite on the top floor…. After all nothing but the best for the Walia's…there is a living room and a bedroom with an en-suite bathroom…there are some refreshments also there by the bar… housekeeping knows that a party is in progress and anyone could require the room….. Infact…… just a while ago… Ranveer had left with his business friends….they had stood near the mini-bar talking for ages…..he had come over to show them the kind of luxuries he could offer them in the new hotel that they were building… The Walia Suite being the best….

Pia goes with Bani …. Bani takes off her sari & the skirt…..and wears the black robe hanging in the bathroom….

Pia hands it over to housekeeping…. Bani knows that Pia wants to spend as much time as possible with Pushkar therefore she tells Pia to go and says that she will wait for her sari to come back…..alone…Pia grudgingly goes….

Bani sets herself to wait….. she goes out on the small balcony outside……it is dark outside beautiful breeze is blowing outside….she loves these lovely ……. 3) December chills in Mumbai…… and runs her hands over her arms…... she is feeling a little cold….she stands taking support of the door and has her head titled upwards…. And closes her eyes…. God! She is so tired…..!

And suddenly she is shell-shocked to find two hands grip her waist and before she can think further or even register what is happening she is turned around and plummeted into a deep- soul entrenching kiss……

Jai had left the night club to go back home….. but he met some of his foreign delegates in the hotel foyer and stopped to share a drink with them in the hotel bar… sometime later he just felt too tired to go back home and decided to spend the night in the Walia Suite on the top floor….

The moment he opened the door… the sight that met his eyes left him very, very curious….. his eyes encountered 4) two glasses of gin and tonic on the mini bar in the living room …. …. There is very chilly breeze coming in from inside the bedroom…. he figures …. that the windows in the bedroom are open….

He cautiously walks to the bedroom… his eyes survey the room … notes the dim-lights….. the small silver jewelled handbag on the bed….the sliver slippers discarded by the bed suggestively……the breeze coming in from the balcony….and then he notices the vision…standing by the door on the balcony…..and his heart skips a beat….

She is standing with a very provocative pose….God! ... He is like who is she… ???????

He immediately puts two and two together and comes to the conclusion that this must be his friend Karan's plan… this is what he had suggested earlier also in the nightclub. According to Karan…. he needed to sex up his life and had offered "to set him up" so to say with one of his many friends "no strings attached"…..

At that time Jai had refused him outright he had never to needed to someone else to set him up..... and he wasn't about to start now….this had nothing to do with how handsome he was… he knew he was attractive and could easily find partners if he so desired…. But somehow casual attachments had lost their attraction for him lately….

But looking at the sexy picture this girl made he was happy that his friend had not listened to him…… as he suddenly felt the adrenalin rush through his blood…..

God!.... She was looking so inviting… clad in just his robe (he could make out)… barefoot ………except the red nail paint on her toes…... ….…with her hair flying all around her…..as is the robe .... giving him enticing preview of what was about to come….

Jai eyes slowly….. Very slowly ……….surveys her from head to toe…. her head tilted upwards…..her eyes closed…... her full red lips slightly parted simply waiting to taken……..

She looks so innocent…. and yet so sexy……Jai can't take it any longer and throws all caution to the wind and decides to take Karan's advice……. perhaps this is what is missing in his life…

Jai walks up to her and without much ado takes her lips is a deep- soul entrenching kiss……. 5)<<Jai-Bani Kissing>>

Bani is shocked…. At this annihilation of her senses by this stranger…….Her hands are flying all around…. God! … even though she does not know him she can feel her body and senses responding to the kiss…. It is as if they are enjoying this new experience….. for a moment Bani forgets everything and simply relishes the kiss….but then as she feels the stranger's hands beginning to move under her robe she is back with a bang…..

For a moment 6)she is scared……and then it is over taken by anger…. How dare him? Just who the hell does this guy think he is……. she has warded off many such advances…but nobody has ever dared to get this close……

Bani's hands fly all around and grope for something…. and finally they encounter…..a small bronze wall piece on the wall….. Bani takes it off and hits her attacker with it…..

And the moment it makes contact with Jai's head he let's go….. "Ouch!.... What the hell?...." he shouts …… and holds his head …. He can feel the bump where this vixen has hit him…..though thankfully he can't feel any blood oozing out…..

"What the hell did you do that for?" .... said Jai still holding his head…..

She is sacred… and really worried for her safety… this guy does not look like your usual molester…….he is too good looking….. but what do you know…… there seems to be an animal hidden underneath that suave sophistication…..Bani gets into her tigress mode……. and is still holding the wall piece…. ready to use it again if need be…… and tries to flee from the balcony but she has to cross him as he is standing in the door…

Bani shouts…"Get off me! ...... How dare you touch me? …You ……you animal…. …" she looks here and there and decides to scream…… "Help!"

But before she can shout again Jai promptly puts a hand over her mouth from behind her and drags her inside the room with the other…. shutting the door with his shoulder…..

By now Bani is scared out of her wits….. this guy is too strong for her….. her only hope is that someone from house keeping will soon come or perhaps Pia…... will come to get her…... she had not realised that she could be in danger in the Walia Suite in the Walia Hotel…. God!...... this is worst than her worst nightmare coming true…….

Jai shuts the balcony door with his foot and says…. "Don't you dare scream ……I don't know what you are playing at…….. but irrespective of what Karan may have told you……. I am not in the mood for any games….."

And saying that Jai removes his hand from Bani's mouth and turns her around….. and is surprised to find that she is actually looking very terrified…

Jai fears that he may be hit again and decides that first and foremost he must get the brass piece out of Bani's hands….and removes it….. from Bani's numb fingers…..

Jai looks questioningly at her…. what is she playing at??

Bani on the other hand is looking at ways to escape and protect herself….. she sees the phone on the side table by the table…..She quickly lunges for it and picks it up and again screams "HELP!.. ….."

Jai in a reflex action again puts his hand on her mouth to stop her screaming once again and with one yank disconnects the phone from the socket…..Bani struggles…. She wants to be free…both of them are fighting each other and fall on the bed…. Jai on top of Bani with one of his hands on her mouth and the other twisting her arms behind…

(I know guys…. gruesome…. isn't it…..
Tut ! ... Tut! .....Jai….. Certainly not the way to handle a lady……
but guys……. what was my poor Jai to do????
…. Tigresses are not easy to tame….Are the…...????????)

Jai finally shouts so badly at Bani that he actually scares the living daylights out of her….

"Stop struggling…. Will you? .... What in the god's name is wrong with you? .... if you weren't interested why in the hell did you come here?"

Bani is speechless … she shakes her head in the negative…. very furiously to show that she didn't come here for this…..she is making all kind of noises….

Jai sees that she is looking so scared and terrified her eyes are wide open looking as big as a football…... he can see that she is way out of her depth……

"Relax…. God! …. if you didn't want this.... Why? .......…." God! He is so exasperated … what has Karan gotten him into……Has she been forced to come here? ….. A million such questions plague him……

"Fine! …. Okay relax ….. Don't worry anything that you don't want ……….will not happen…. I haven't as yet forced myself on any woman and am not about to start now!!!!!!……"

"Now …. I am going to remove my hand from your mouth……but promise me that you will not scream!"

Bani nods her head to show her acquisition….

Jai slowly removes his hand…… Bani keeps quiet… and mover hands to show that he is hurting her…... Jai quickly lets her go…... Bani immediately…. Pushes him away from her and gets up….

"How dare you? ….." she shouts….

Jai is like…... God!.... not again….. "Look stop shouting…… has someone forced you to come here……. I hope this is not some kind of a setup……. ? or is it? ……" thinking that Jai gets really angry and looks outside to see if any photographer is hovering around…. He can't see anybody around…..

Bani can't make head or tale of what Jai is saying…..she is like set up?.... "Shouldn't this be my line? ...... How dare you come into my room and assault me like that?"

Jai is like ….. Excuse me……. "Your room? ….. Lady this is my room….."

Bani…. "Yes my room…….it was you who crossed the boundaries……. I was simply waiting ……"   and then stops mid-way…… what has he said ….HIS ROOM…..?????

Jai …"Yes that's exactly what I am trying to say…. You were waiting…. Right! …."

Bani nods her head…… ….

"…then why all this drama……. why the hell did you start shouting…….. are you nuts? …. I told you before I am not interested in any games……. Just cut it out!!…."

Bani is like…. "How come this is your room? .....This is the Walia Suite….&….. what does my waiting for my dress got to do with you…"
Suddenly Bani jumps to another conclusion it is all crystal clear to her….. "Okay…. I get it! ...... it is one of your tricks to get girls in the room alone….. Isn't it……. ? "

Jai is like suddenly very confused……. waiting for her dress… Is she not Karan's friend?.... What the hell is happening here….. ? He runs his hands through his hair….messing them up once again….

Meanwhile Bani is on with her tirade…. Trying to scare him all kinds of dire consequences   Telling him this must be his plan ……. to get pretty unsuspecting girls into the room by spilling drinks on their dress ….. probably the waiter too is involved….. and try to molest them …… Jai is really annoyed and also amused at being considered a molester….. God!...he thinks is she mad or what?.....

Finally Jai let's her have it…..this time he says very quietly and so quietly that Bani immediately stops rambling in mid-sentence…..….. "Shut Up? Will you?....... Now answer my question ….. One by One..... Are you or are you not….. Karan's friend?"….. he says with much patience…..

Bani…. Just who is this Karan … and what possible reason could he have for molesting her even if she was?.... anyways she says the first thing that comes to her mind….. .

"Who is this Karan?...."

Finally …... Jai understands… she is not Karan's friend… but if she is not his friend then what is she doing here……. in this state……. in his room….. for god's sake……… and asks her the same thing…

Bani is like kitni baar bataon……and her eyes look upwards….. god save me ….. anyways… if he really wants to hear it again… Bani says in a sing–a-song voice…. very slowly….. saying every word one by one….."I- am- here –waiting- for- my- sari- to- come- back- from- the -cleaners…someone- spilled- red- wine- all –over- it…."

Finally Jai understands…. Oh! God!....... What has he done?....... He is immediately contrite… she is perhaps one of Pushkar or Saahil's friend & says…….

"Look I am very sorry…. You see……" he says really embarrassed….. "I thought you were someone else…... my friend Karan……." …… he says haltingly……. "….had promised me that there would be someone waiting for me in this room and I assumed it was you.. ……and…." …… gives her a accusing cursory look from top to bottom to emphasise her state of undress….. "…..the fact that you were so dressed…..looking like that……didn't help matters!"…… "How was I to imagine anything else????………."

Bani….. immediately tightens the cord of her robe………suddenly feeling very self conscious…..

"Not to mention the two gin and tonic glasses……"

"What Glasses? .....". Bani had not seen the glasses… in the living room … (probably left by Ranveer and his party…)

Bani is like what lovely friends?… she gives him a real dirty look…he didn't look the kind of a man who would need setting up but you never know do you…..anyways…. what kind of a man… has his friend set him up…. ????
Just then there is a knock on the door….. both of them are rooted on the spot…..Jai comes to his senses first and tells her that if anyone sees them together there will be hell to pay… so she better answer the door and he will hide in the bathroom….

It is housekeeping….. just returning the sari….as soon as they leave…..Jai immediately disappears leaving Bani alone to change in peace….

As Bani is getting ready….she realises that they had been so busy flinging accusations at each other that they had no time to exchange names…….. she didn't know who he was and he didn't know who she was?

"Will you tame me?" : Chapter 2

It had been a week since that fatal day at the Walia hotel… Bani had not told anyone about that incident….. but somehow she had found herself often thinking about the sexy stranger… yeah that's what she called him in her private thoughts….. she figured that he must be one of those over-sexed guys who had been fixed up by one of his friends…..

Jai on the other hand had not been able to get that girl out of his head….. Whenever he was alone or whenever he would close his eyes… the first thought that came to him was the vision that she had created standing on the balcony …...looking so inviting…..God!.. that Vixen……. he could still feel that bump on his head…..

------------

Masi has called Tarun, Aaditya & Karan home…. Jai has already left for office…. she tells them that Jai should not know that she has called them… all three of them are very curious….. What's up? ... But Masi is also like their mother and they all leave everything and rush to Jai's home…..

Masi takes them to Jai's study and tells them something that leaves them spellbound… they are like...... What?

Masi tells them that they heard it right the first time… she wants them to find a girl for Jai to get married….!

The trio is shocked…. !!!!!

There is 7) an eerie silence in the study ….you could hear a pin drop……. All the three men in the room have a stupidified (if there is such a word….) expression on their faces…. they look at each other to confirm if they heard Masi right….. Yeah!.. They heard it right!....

Karan & Tarun in particular are thinking… it is just a nightmare…… and will be over soon… (but no such luck guys….!)

They are all beseeched with one common thought…. Married!...... that's like Holy Matrimony! ....... that's like…… that's like committing suicide…..Isn't it?...... ( poor guys… they have just been bowled over by Masi…) …….Why…..why they wouldn't even wish it on their worst enemy…. after all they all had seen Aaditya ki life ka bura haal… haven't they… ???..... all of them shudder at the prospect of marriage….

And ......waise bhi …. As if Jai will listen to them….. Jai would kill them if they did something like this….What's more ……how can they look for a girl… aren't they the wrong kind of people to look for the right kind of girl…..?????.... all three of them are confused at why Masi is asking them to do this…. They have never done anything like this… or is it some kind of a joke…... but it can't be a joke because Masi will not play such a joke on them… or will she?

But bachoo…Masi … Saab Jaanti Hai .... Woh Jai Ko Bhi Jaanti Hai …… Aur Tumhe Bhi….

Masi: "Main tum saab ko jaanti hun….. aur yeh bhi jaanti hun……… ki tum log…… shaadi ke bare mein kya sochte ho…."

"Par ab….. main apne Munna ki bahu ke liye…… aur wait nahin kar sakti… main to hamesha se hi yeh chahati thi ki Munna shaadi kar le… par mein use force nahin karna chahati thi……. par bas …..ab aur nahin…."

"Aaj kal mera Munna bahut akela ho gaya hai… na hi who parties me jaata hai…… aur na hi kahin aur…… tum log to abhi bhi pehle jaise enjoy kar lete ho…... par Munna ki zindagi me theraav aa gaaya hai…. mughe lagta hai ki ab woh shaadi ke liye tayaar hai…. chahe who kahe ya nahin…."

"Use ab …..ek samjhdar saathi ki zaroorat hai…."

"Waise to Tarun aur Karan ……..tum dono ko bhi shaadi kar leni chahiye…. par …... mughe lagta hai….. ki abhi tum tayaar nahi ho… kissi ka saath nibhane ke liye….kissi ko samghne ke liye… uske liye…….apne aap ko badalne ke liye….."

"Par Munna badal chukka hai…. ab mein aur der nahin karna chahati….. isliye…. meine tum logo ko yeh zimadari de rahi hoon…."

"Kyonki main jaanti hun….. ki tum uski pasand – napasand ko jaante ho…… aur tumhe paata hai ki use kya chahiye….."

…….saying that Masi's eyes well up…… and all three of them can't help it… they can't bear to see Masi crying…. They get all sentimental and promise to Masi … that they will find a bahu for her ASAP….( yeah right!..)

Karan enquires…. "Par Masi Jai ko shaadi ke liye kaun tayaar karega…" is par Masi replies …... "Tum ladki doondhna shuru karo… mein Jai ko manaongi…."

Next Tarun enquires from Masi……. "Masi….Jai ki pasand ko to hum dekh lenge …….par aap bataiye aap ko kaisi bahu chahiye….. Kareen Kapoor jaisi ya Rani mukherjee jaisi…... ya phir…. (with a twinkle in his eyes)…… ….. Malika Sherawat jaisi…."

At this …. All start laughing and Karan says….. "Yaar …...agar Malika jaisi ho to Jai se pehle mein shaadi kar loonga…."

Masi also laughs and tells them….. "Mughe to apne Jai ke liye…ek sundar si….. use aur ghar ko sambhalne wali ladki chahiye…."

"Jisse aauron ke liye jeena aata ho…. Aur woh sab ka khayaal rakh sake…."

"Jo Jai se shaadi karna chahaye na ki Jai Walia se…."
( basically she shouldn't be after his wealth…...)

"Woh har tarah se Jai ki sathi ho…. mughe ek gharelo ladki nahin chaiye….woh career oriented ho par apno se jayada important uske liye kuch bhi na ho…."

"Jai… use samgh sake aur woh Jai ko…. uski har baat usse pehle samagh jaaye….."

"Mein apne Munna ke liye saathi doondhna chahati hun…. Koi gudia nahin… jo har kadam par Jai ka saath de……ghar mein bhi aur office mein bhi….."

"Usme itna dheeraj ho ki woh….. Jai ke gusse ko bhi bardashat kar le…… aur waqt padne par …….Jai ko bhi daant sake…."

(Guys, for those of you who don't know Daant= Scold/ Shout)

At this they all start laughing ……. they tell …. "Masi baki sab teek hain…. Par………. Jai ko dantne wali…………. dhoondna….. bahut muskil hai…." …..Afterall who can DANTOFY the great Jai Walia…..

Anyways…... they take leave from Masi and leave…….

As they leave Masi tells them….. "Bachoo….ek baat aur…. tumhare paas sirf 15 dino ka time hain…."

They all are like what just 15 days…... But Masi tells them she is in a hurry….and she trusts them to find the right girl for Jai in 15 days….because she has to leave for Chandigargh after that and she wants Jai to be engaged before that…

Finally the leave with very thoughtful expressions on their faces…..Yeh Masi ne kahan phasa diya…….!!!!!

All three have a hard task ahead and think how difficult will it be to find a typical sati savitri for Jai…

------------

All three of them start looking all around them…

Tarun …....in court…..finds a girl and feels that she may be suitable….. after running around her for the best part of the day he finds out that she is already married…..

Aaditya….. checks out all the girls in his office…. in the neighbouring office…... infact all the girls in the building….. so much so that they all start giving him dirty looks….. Jigs catches him doing this and gives him a piece of her mind telling him that he should now out grow these habits….. after all he is going to be a Sasur (Father in law) soon with Anu getting married….

Karan ... is busy analysing the girls in the different parties that he goes to… many girls start thinking that it is he who wants to get married and he barely saves himself from getting engaged to one of the millionaire's brainless daughter…..( Poor guy!....)

They all meet up in the evening at Aaditya's office….

Jai is just going home when he sees both Karan and Tarun making way to Aaditya's office….He is very surprised and enquires what they all are doing there…. They all are looking very serious and worried…..they say they are here to discuss some of Aaditya's business problems… Jai is like What? ... but he is getting late for a business dinner and leaves….. thinking .....Saare Natunki Hain!...

They all are finally assembled in Aaditya's office….. it has been four days without much success….they are getting nervous…... Masi ko kya jawab denge??… then Aaditya has a bright idea… he is like let's first try to figure out exactly what are we looking for….as a normal business problem…..

Tarun takes out a Marker and they decide to use the white board in Aadi's office….. they start to jot down things one by one……

Requirement: Mrs. Jai Walia…
Height: (they ponder….over this…. considering Jai is 5'10…they think perhaps …. 5'4 … 5'5…. Maybe 5'6… or maybe that will too tall….or perhaps 5'3 a pocket venus…..types.. they can't come to decision… and let it be….)
Career: Yes
Values: Indian—Very High…
Must: must put family above career, should want to marry Jai and not Jai Walia….& above should have the ability to "dantofy" Jai…

And like this they start putting in all the things…. That they feel Mrs. Jai Walia….should have…

They all ponder over the problem at hand but can't figure it out… finally they decide to look at it afresh tomorrow morning….

Next Day….. they decide to look at girls specifically with this view … but no luck…

Another couple of days pass by….

Then they suddenly they have a bright idea…. let's see if there is someone Jai actually likes…. They decide to call all of Jai's previous girl friends for a party tonight at a party thrown by Karan…

At the party….. Jai has agreed to come with a lot of difficulty…. All three try chatting with Jai….. trying to find out which girl he liked and why….. and if he still liked her…Poor them.. Jai was very surprised at their behaviour…… and felt perhaps they had a drink one too many….

Anyways for the trio…... its yet another failure…. as most of the girls were either married, engaged, otherwise occupied and those that weren't were in between relationships…. certainly not the kind to take home to Masi….

What Now? …. They all are thinking next day in office….. only three days are left before they have to report to Masi….

Karan decides to visit Jai again and feel him out about any girl in his eye……and is therefore waiting for Jai in his office….. Jai has not come in….. and Karan is just fooling around…with a paper weight in the office…

Just then…. The door to the cabin bursts open and Bani walks in a rage……and starts shouting….

Bani: "Mr.Walia…… appa apne aap ko samjhte kya hain…... jo chhayenge woh karenge…..How dare you?" ( Yeah!... Poor Bani thought that Karan is Jai Walia…)

"How dare you try and stop my sister's wedding… Aap ko kya lagta hai…. ki is duniya me saare log……. aap ke paise ke peeche hain……. Well Mr. Walia.. ……app ke paas jitna bhi paisa ho aap…….. meri behen aur uske pyaar ko nahin khareed sakte…."

"Paise ke aleva bhi bahut kuch hai is duniya mein….meri behne bikaoo nahin hain…"

"Mere liye apni family se badkar kuch nahin hai… aur mein appko apni behno ki khushiyon ko barbad nahin karne doongi…… chahye kuch bhi ho jaaye….."

During all this time while Bani has been going on with tirade…..Karan has been staring spell bound at Bani….. (Yeah….. you guys guessed it right!)….Karan is thinking…….not only is this girl "dantofying supposedly Jai walia" she also puts her family before everything else…..God! that's two of the most important requirements…. God!...... we have found our Mrs.Walia…... Yipee!....

And poor guy is so happy that he starts smiling at Bani and says Yipee!!...... Bani is like has this guy gone mad?….. Here I am shouting at him….. and he is looking so pleased?…. Is he okay or what?.... but Karan is so happy at finally finding what they all had been looking so desperately over the past week and a half…that he is busy day dreaming…..

(Guys.. something like Uday Chopra in Dhoom….. you know the moment he sees a girl.. he imagines her with him on his bike…. )

Just then… Pushkar comes in… "Bani please stop…. Yeh Mr. Walia nahin hai… yeh to unke dost hain…." Now it is the turn of Bani to turn red....she is so sorry …But then again her anger returns and she says…. "to phir Mr.Walia Kahan hain… I need to speak to him…."

Then Pushkar clarifies to Bani that "Pia ko Jai sir ne nahin Ranveer ne paise offer kiye the…& don't worry I will sort it all out don't worry…." saying that he forcibly takes Bani out of the room.

And poor Karan is so busy fantasising Bani and Jai together and Masi looking at their trio so happily that he does not realise that Bani has just left the room…

Outside Pushkar takes Bani to his cabin and explains to her that it was Ranveer who had been the culprit and had offered Pia money to leave Pushkar…. And further adds, that she does not need to worry he will sort out Ranveer…. Satisfied Bani leaves…..

Karan wakes up from his day dreaming to find himself alone in Jai's office…. both Pushkar and Bani having left….. Just then Jai walks in and is happy to see Karan…… the trio has been so busy that they have been ignoring Jai over the past few days…. Added to this is the fact that they are sacred to have eye contact with Jai ….. lest he finds out anything…..

Jai is very happy at seeing Karan in his office…. & says…... "My God! .... I had thought you have gone back to Bangalore….... where have you been these past few days…… infact even Tarun and Aaditya have been acting a little weird … "What's up?" Jai is very curious…..

Hearing this Karan turns red… and barely manages to save himself from blurting out the truth in front of Jai…..
(Guys, you have to realise Jai is his best friend and they don't really have many secrets between them….)

Karan in a hurry bids good bye saying that he has suddenly remembered something very important and has to rush…. He goes out and looks for Pushkar…..

Jai is really surprised if he didn't know better he could have bet that Karan was hiding something…..

In Pushkar's cabin….

Karan enquires from Pushkar in a no-nonsense tone what exactly just happened…. there in Jai's cabin… Pushkar tells him that he is very sorry it was just confusion…..Bani…...thought he was Jai...

At this Karan tells him that is okay but why was she so mad at Jai… at which Pushkar tells him the whole story…..

Hearing this poor Karan is thinking if he is in love wit the younger sister I hope that the elder sister does not already have someone lined up…. therefore Karan to enquire from Pushkar Bani availability (so to say)… "So that was Bani….Pia's elder sister…."

Pushkar: Yeah!

Karan: So….. Bani loves her sisters a lot… right! .... hoping Pushkar will tell him what he wants to know….. but does not how to frame the question without making Pushkar suspicious…

Pushkar: Yeah!.... all three of them are really close…..

Karan: So you are thinking of marrying Pia…….again Karan tries to beat around the bush….

Pushkar: Yeah!....

Karan: finally Karan is able to frame right question…..So Bani & her husband don't have any problems with you I hope….

Pushkar: (is like husband….???) ……Aare Bani is not married…… infact Pia will be the first one to get married…

Karan: but poor Karan needs to be puckka…. you know koi boyfriend ho to… …..I meant the her fianc…

Pushkar: is like what's wrong with Karan…. What fianc?.... Bani is not engaged!....

Karan: …. Oh!.. I meant the current man in her life….

Pushkar: … has had enough…. He figures Karan is trying to figure out Bani status to patao her……. afterall poor Karan has a bad repo…. Therefore Pushkar is angry and decides to let Karan know….. "I get it Karan… But please leave Bani alone….. who aapki type nahin hai… she is a simple girl from a small town…. And If…. If anyone dares to lay a hand on her…. he will have to answer to me… "

Karan: .. Relax!.. Relax… yaar Pushkar….. I was just simply curious….. Waise bhi you are right….. who mere type ki nahin hai…..

Calming Pushkar down Karan leaves…thinking Wow!That was Close!...…and heaves a sigh of relief…. Finally he has the candidate…. Single…. With high moral values and the kind Masi will be pleased to meet….

Karan leaves and immediately tells Aaditya and Tarun the good news… When Aaditya comes to know it was girl called Bani……. he is very happy…….. he is surprised at himself as to why didn't he think of this himself…….. he knows Bani and feels she will be just perfect…...

Tarun however is a little sceptical… considering that he has only met Pia…. but the other two tell him that don't worry, we have seen and met Bani and know what we are doing….

They rush to tell Masi …. And together they decide to invite Pia and her sisters over the Walia house for a dinner so that they can meet Bani & Jai and Bani can meet …..But Masi decides that first she needs to meet this Bani….

So they decide that it would be best for Masi to meet Bani to talk about Pushkar and Pia's marriage…

------------

Bani comes over to the Walia Mansion to meet Masi about Pia and Pushkar's marriage….the moment Masi meets Bani … Bani touches her feet and Masi's heart fills with joy…throughout their conversation Masi keeps noting how cultured and sensible Bani is….she had not expected Pia's sister to be so good….Also so she keeps singing Jai's praises.. about how good he is… and how she wants him to get married…..

Masi enquires about Bani's parents and family etc…. she then asks … "Bani tum to sab se badi ho to hir pIa se pehle tumhari shaadi honi chahiye…."…..

Bani replies….. "Nahin Masi…. Mughe pehle apni behno ko settle karma hai…."

Masi says….."Beta tum teek kah rahi ho par agar ek aacha saathi saath ho to zindagi bahut aasaan aur khoobsurat ho jaati hai…."

But Masi wants to know what kind of a husband does this girl want and whether Jai and Bani would suit each other….and therefore enquires from her… at which Bani gets a farway look in her eyes.... and says… "Aisa saathi….. jo mughe samjhe.. mere ehsaso ko samjhe….. mere rishto ko samjhe……… aur mera saath use apni zindagi ke har hisse mein chahiye ho…. Hum dono ek dusre ki baat bina kahe hi samajh jaaye….Jo apne paroon par khara ho .. …….. aur meri himmat badah sake…….Jisse ek samjhdar saathi ki zaroorat ho na ki kissi gudiya ki…"

This warms Masi's heart …... as she seems to be a beautiful person inside out….and she says…. "Beta mein samajhti hun…mujhe bhi apne Jai ke liye aaisi hi ek saath ki zaroorat hai...... Kaash mere Jai ko bhi tumhare jaisi ek ladki pasand aa jaye…."

Listening to this Bani gets pink and she realises that Masi wants to link up her and Jai Walia…. But she knows … Jai Walia ko ladkiyon ki koi kami nahin hain….ek doondo hazar milengi….

Throughout their conversation the trio has been hiding in the adjoining room trying to gage whether Masi approved of their choice or not…. Tarun who was seeing Bani for the first time was also very happy….

Finally Bani leaves and Masi congratulates the trio on their choice…. now they all sit and figure out how to bring Jai and Bani together……

They decide to have a dinner at the Walia house and invite Pushkar's family and Bani and he sisters….. along with the Chopra's…. all on the pretext on getting to know eachother……

"Will you tame me?" : Chapter 3

At the dinner…….

Everyone gets together… Pia is really happy at being in the centre of attention… Bani is again late in coming to the party after all her work is like this….. Pia and Rano go in first…..

Bani yet again arrives a little late… and has trouble parking her car…. She can't see any space……. all parking slots are full…..And finally sees only one empty space….. and before the guards can stop her she parks it there….. without realising that the guards had been making space for another car steering to come into that slot…...infact she had quickly steered to get in before the other car…... without giving the other driver anytime to think….the driver was very angry…..

Even before she is fully parked the other swanky car behind her is honking away to glory… Bani is already in a bad mood…..She gets out of the car in a big huff… and stares angrily at the driver of the other car…..

Excus Me!..... Exactly what is your problem….?

Because of the head lights of the car…… she can't see who is driving…..
By now…. All the guards have also collected…..they want to tell her…… Maam…. Maam......
Bani is like wait a minute……. let me first deal with this driver….
(she thinks that considering it is such a swanky car.. the driver must be driving…little realising it is not the driver but rather the owner himself….)

The guards want to tell her that she has parked in the space reserved for JW's car……Jai is driving his beauty….. and also can't see Bani completely because the light from his car is being reflected back into his eyes after encountering the glass of Bani's car….

Jai has also had a bad day… his mood had not improved seeing some bimbo park in his place…... his first reaction is that she must be one Jigs stupid friends…. God!.... he had suffered enough idiots for one day!.. Just wait he will give a piece of his mind to whoever had the audacity to risk his ire…

(Guys, you know it is one of those days when at the end of the day you are itching for a fight…)

Hold on a minute lady… it is you who has zabardasti parked in my space…..!.. and saying that he also comes out of the car…. the head lights of his car are still making both of them difficult to identify each other…..

However…. Hearing this both move away from the headlights and come closer for a fight….……the moment they are out of the light they immediately recognize each other…. and say simultaneously…..You!....

Bani: I should have known it could be only you who could talk in such a boorish way with a lady….

Jai: Excuse Me!..... Lady!.. Who…? Where….?... I don't see any lady here……?.....Tell me do you make a habit of this… taking over other people's places as if it is yours….. first my room… and now my parking space….

Bani: is really enraged at hearing this…. You!.....

Just then Jai's phone rings and he goes way leaving his keys with the guards to get it parked….leaving Bani high and dry….with words still in her mouth…
Poor Bani… she feels so stupid …. Mid way in a juicy fight and her opponent walked off…

Both go away thinking .. "Hoga koi friend…" little realising how crucial they are to today's gathering….

Inside the Walia Mansion….

Jai makes to his study… as he has to attend to something important Masi comes to call him…but he says he will just come …..

Meanwhile Bani goes inside and is introduced to everyone…..

By now Jai has come in to the party but both of them have not been introduced…..its like they are always facing away from eachother…… Bani is wondering where is her sexy stranger….Aaya to issi party mein hoga !….Same thing is going through Jai's mind….
In a way both are looking for eachother…..subconsciously but alas ….. they refuse to accept it to themselves…..

Masi makes a beeline for her and introduces her to everyone very fondly….. Throughout the time Masi has been singing Jai's praises….telling her tales about Jai about how nice he is….. Bani is quietly smiling….. thinking what a nice person…. who takes such good care of his Masi….. and can understand how close Masi is to him…..

Masi also tells her what a fair man he is… such a good human being … always takes into consideration other people's feeling….he is so sweet and sensitive….totally unselfish…and then goes on to add "ab to bas mujhe apne Jai ke liye ek tumhare jaisi dulhan chahiye…." Bani again goes a little red on hearing this…..

Soon Aaditya also joins Masi….. and he too starts off saying how successful Jai is building the whole empire on his own never once taking anyone's help.. blah .. blah…

Next comes in Anu…( she is also on to this…) She says what a DEVIOLISHLY Handsome Chivalrous man her mamaji is… he is the great Jai Walia but yet so down on earth kind… aur gussa toh unko karma aata hi nahin….gushing all over her mamu.. .. trying to impress her future mami…. If all goes well…..!

( Guys….. mughe aur nahin paat ki how do you sell a man…. to his would be fianc… But come on….. which girl wouldn't start liking anyone who is devilishly handsome.. chivalrous…. Caring…… super duper rich…. Sweet and sensitive….and sexi like hell….)

But Bani has eyes and ears only for her sexy stranger….. she can't help compare the two and thinks …. That they are poles part… what a nice and a great guy Jai Walia …... is and what a brute her sexy stranger is….

On the other hand….. Jai is also being narrated the same kind of stories by Tarun and Anu..   ( she is trying to get both sides going……) there plan is to first prepare both of them to meet eachother…..)….. How sweet and innocent Bani is….. so cultured……. again ……..gussa toh aata hi nahin….. how caring….. how soft… carrier oriented and yet values her family over everything else.. so sober…. wouldn't even harm a fly…. Bolna to aata hi nahin….bechari ko….. she is just too sweet….And so beautiful…. And so simple…..

Poor Jai is like I don't know what has got into these two….. who cares about some Bani Dixit!

But he is only interested in meeting the girl he kissed in the hotel room that night…..… he had deliberately left her high and dry outside knowing full well…. that he would definitely meet her inside….. and wanted to somehow have the upper hand in their fight.. …he felt he had to meet her and figure her out…. That vixen!.... had totally ensnared him……. and he felt that once he had met her and had her figured out he will be cured…of this fever that seemed to have taken over him lately…. poor guy!....

In a way Bani's total disregard….. for Jai….. her not recognising him….…and the way she seemed oblivious to his charm….. made her a very potent cocktail…….. hard to miss & ignore….

Both Bani & Jai didn't realise that their out of ordinary approach to each other had unknowingly made them too intriguing to be ignored …….

Jai, Tarun are standing by the bar and talking…. Along with Aaditya…… Masi takes Bani along with Anu to meet Aaditya and Jai….. As yet Bani can't see Jai's face as his face is hidden behind one of the pillars…..

Just then Jai gets a call and he turns around to speak to the caller…. Masi and her group approaches them….Bani can see some one talking but she hardly notices him…

Masi introduces her to Tarun…. This is Jai's very good friend… Tarun! ... Tarun smiles with a knowing look…... trying hard not to say that ……….Masi mujhe se kya milva rahi ho hum hi to doondgh ke laye hain….

Bani already knows Adi and says hi to him… Just then Jigs calls Masi and Masi leaves the responsibility of introducing Bani to Jai on to Adi's shoulders and goes……

Suddenly Karan comes and joins the group…. And Aadi says…... and this is another one of Masi's sons…. bilkul Jai jaisa ….. Karan !... and Just in that Second Jai finishes off his talk and turns towards them… and Adi in the same breath says… Aur yeh hai.. JAI!..
Aur Jai yeh hai Bani Dixit…. Pia's sister…!

Bani has a shocked look at her face….. she sees Karan and then she sees Jai.. this is her very own Sexy stranger……Jai on the other hand….. is also shocked to find the woman of his dreams right in front of him….... for a moment he is so lost that he does not know…. does not hear anything…

Bani on the other hand puts two and two together and can't help but point her finger at them moving it back and forth between Jai and Karan…. "So this is Karan… Right!...." Jai comes back when he hears this…..

Bani realises that this is Karan who put Jai to the hotel room thing and this is the same guy who was in Jai's office…….. all the emotions are going in her background but the primary emotion is of shock realising that her sexy stranger was no other than….… The great Jai Walia….!

Moving her finger between Jai and Karan….she is very angry…. only Jai can understand why Bani is angry …..only both of them are aware of the fiasco that happened in the hotel room that night…..

Karan offers his hand for a handshake…. But Bani gives him a dirty look….. next she looks angrily and accusingly at Jai and says….. "I must say… Mr.Walia….You have lovely friends...." with a lot of sarcasm……and walks off in a huff…..poor Karan is like what did I do?.....

Jai is like this is Bani Dixit… whose praise all these guys had been singing…. My god!.. did they have any idea….. about the real Bani…. The same Bani who had hit him with the brass wall piece….his hand instinctively moves to the place on his head where he had been hit….

Bani is thinking…. Wow!... this guy is such a double-sided identity….. he has his whole family eating out of his hand….do they know the real man behind that faade…..what a slime ball he was….

Jai is like ……SOBER….Sweet and innocent (Yeah right!)………cultured……. gussa toh aata hi nahin! (Of course not!...)….. wouldn't even harm a fly (God! Someone please ask Him.. his head still hurts!)…. Bolna to aata hi nahin… (If they had heard her scream….they would certainly change their opinion… )……& bechari ……( If only these guys knew !)

Udhar Bani is thinking….. a fair man , a good human being … always takes into consideration other people's feeling….he is so sweet and sensitive….totally unselfish…CRAP!...with a capital C….. ………………And what was Anu saying…… down on earth …&….. gussa toh unko karma aata hi nahin…. Chivalrous…. My FOOT! ....Chivalrous guys don't go around kissing unsuspecting girls…..

(Guys, as you can imagine both Jai and Bani are very angry at each other….. though I would say …… please tell me guys….. you both hardly know each other so why are you this angry…..Doesn't this anger seems a little unjustified…….or is the beginning of LOVE….)

Anyways Masi returns and takes Jai to one side and asks him how did he like Bani?…..Jai is very surprised why is Masi asking him this question…? He is like okay I guess……..what else can he say to Masi…...poor guy….… and just then Jai is called away and the talk is interrupted….

Next Aaditya, Anu, Tarun and Karan…. try to find out the same thing from Jai….. and Jai is like why is everyone asking him the same thing…… he can sense something fishy is happening….

Bani on the other hand is being grilled by Anu, Aaditya… and she also is very curious…

Jai finally has had it "Ok …..Enough guys……. give!...... What's this thing with Bani Dixit….?" and corners Tarun with one hand and Karan with other dragging both of them by their necks… to the study…….

Bani overhears this and her eyes shoot up at the mention of her name…..and she can't help but follow them to the study…. She is just outside the door…….

Tarun and Karan are dilly dallying but they know now that their game is up and finally tell Jai that Masi wants him to get married to Bani…. The moment Jai hears this he goes white…with anger….

"What! ... Are you NUTS...!

Me marry that Witch!... That Miss Know IT ALL…!... not in a hundred years!…

And Bani overhears everything…... and does not know why but she is deeply hurt! ....She also wouldn't want to marry Jai Walia…. but to be referred like that by Jai….. hurts her very deeply… this hurt is also very difficult for her to understand…..Infact Bani leaves the party and goes home…

The moment Tarun and Karan hear the word Witch…. There eyes shoot up…... they suddenly realise that there is more to this situation then meets the eye… Karan realises that Bani's reaction to him had been a little vague in the party and she had not appeared as if she was meeting Jai for the first time… Infact if he didn't know better he would swear that she knew him rather well……. particularly her last remark about "lovely friends" spoke volumes about their comfort level with each other….

Karan looks at Jai knowingly…… "Okay Jai…. Now it's your turn…. What is this Witch business? ....… As far as I know you were meeting Bani for the first time today…. But apparently that is not the case….Is it…?"

Jai turns a deep shade of red….. he is like.. guys!... and they tell him it would be best if Jai were to reveal the whole story…….. cause….. they will anyways find out …. So poor Jai reveals the whole story to Tarun and Karan……

Who by the end of it seem to have turned into stone….. both say….Oh! My GOD!.... in unison….. You actually kissed her! … You got to be kidding…. ! There eyes are as big as a football….. and they again have a stupidified expression on their faces…. They are like Yeh ho kya raha hai….. life has never been this interesting…..!!!!!

Karan is like "Yaar....where in the world did you find such himmat…... Yaar use dekh ke to hawa nikal jaati hai…. koi bhi kaise use kiss karne ki koshish kar sakta hai….. Yaar aisa lagta hai….. abhi daant degi…." Poor Karan…... is still not over the daant that he received from her in Jai's office…..

Jai is looking sheepish…. "Whatever… jo ho gaya so ho gaya…."

On hearing this Tarun and Karan think it would be best that they tell Jai the whole story otherwise there will be hell to pay later on… so they tell Jai about how Masi called them and told them to find a girl for him and how they had found Bani…

Jai is shocked to say the least… he is like …... "Why the hell did you not stop Masi…! …..Guys….. this has to be the worst possible joke of the century…..! You guys couldn't find anyone else except that witch……!"

Jai is really angry at his friends ……Just then Aaditya comes in is given a run down of all that has transpired till now…..

Aaditya attempts to offer 8) a red herring by saying forget all that and think what you are going to tell Masi….. because she certainly can't be told about that night…

Jai is still angry …but his friends say that's when they had seen tears in Masi's eyes all they could was to go along with her wishes because they can't see her hurt…..

Suddenly there is knock on the study door and 9) Tony butler interrupts….and tells them that Masi is calling them….and leaves….

They don't know what to do…..Jai is angry and yet he can understand…..because he too can't see Masi hurt….. they decide that for the time being they will not say anything and Tarun and Karan will let Masi imagine that Jai and Bani need to meet each other a few more times before they can decide

"Will you tame me?" : Chapter 4

After the party…..Bani goes home…..& is very sad….. and is feeling very dejected…... though she does not understand why?.... she is at a loss… why is she unhappy ….

(Guys….she is in that stage where her heart knows that she has fallen for Jai but her brain and conscious mind has no idea………a passionate kiss…... does have the ability to fast forward your thinking…..)

Jai on the other hand can't still get over the fact that Masi wanted him to get married to her…. he keeps thinking about her….. all the time….

Karan, Tarun, Aadi have been noticing him for some days now….they decide that Jai is not ready to accept it but he is falling for Bani ……. they just have to ensure that they manage to spend sometime together and their attraction will come to the fore….

So the trio hatches up another plan…..

They tell Masi that Pushkar and Pai's engagement should take place in the new Walia resort coming up outside Mumbai…. As this will be a good opportunity to celebrate two occasions as one and give them the much needed publicity for the resort…. but the only snag was that the resort was not fully completed…..

This plan finds favour with everyone ….. now the problem is that both the girls and the guys side need to visit the place to see that everything is in order….. and decide how they want the function o happen meet with managers there and so and so forth….

In Pia's family there is only Bani…. So Bani decides to go… anyways Bani's PR firm is making the arrangements….but Bani wants to do everything herself …. She decides to leave covering half distance through chopper and the other half by car….

Pushkar's family is out of town and will only come on the engagement day….... therefore Aadi is going….. with both Pushkar and Ranveer being busy…. Also they need to check up on the work and have a few high level discussions with the managers there to ensure that there are no hiccups…. And that everything is going according to plan.. and on time…

The chopper drops Bani off at the mid point…...in a small town from where the company car picks her up…the resort is some 40 more km away…..but they have just travelled about 15 km….. when the car starts coughing and before you know it … splutters to a stop….!..

Absolutely dead! ...... Without any rhyme or reason…. Or that's what Bani thinks…..!....

The driver looks at it but to no avail…. he can't do anything…. The car will have to be towed….. But the problem seems to be that the cell phone network does not work there and the walky-talky in the car is not working…. There is no one in sight it is a deserted road in the middle of nowhere…….

They have been waiting for some 30 minutes …... Bani is sitting by the countryside in scorching heat…. with not a car in sight from which she can take a lift…

Just then what do you here comes a swanky black car …with black glasses …... you can't see who is driving…..and Bani finally takes a relieved breath… she immediately figures out that it must be heading for the resort… as such a swanky car can't seem to be going anywhere else….and waves a hand to stop the car and ask for lift…..

The car slows down and before it can fully stop Bani starts explining her situation and asking for help….. "Hamari car kharab ho gayi hain aap mughe resort tak lift de denge…"…. The car has stopped and slowly the glass goes down… and guess who is behind the wheels…. our hero Jai Walia at the wheels…. And as you guys can imagine…...both are shocked to see each other….

You see Aadi had called up Jai and told him that he can't go and Jai has to go….as besides him only Jai is aware of their plans about how the event should take place…... as the entire international press was going to be there.. it being a very big occasion for the Walia's….Jai is like……… "How can I go….and waise bhi mujhe bahut kaam hai…" At this ….Aadi tells him look the delegates that you are waiting for will come a few days later….. so you actually are the only one who is free… therefore before Jai can think what is happening…. Jai is on his way the same way as Bani…. And finds her in the middle of nowhere asking for a lift…..

Bani is shocked to find Jai behind the wheels……Jai does not speak to her simply calls up the resort on his walky-talky asking for some one from the resort to come and have a look at it….Next he opens his passengers side of the door……. sitting inside the car… silently telling her that she can have the lift is she wants it….. Bani waits for some time as she is still very angry and awkward at him…..

Jai patiently waits for to make up her mind……. looking straight on….. with the car engine running…….but he does not press the accelerator.. or any such thing….

Bani finally realises that she has no other option….and informing the driver that someone will soon be coming from the resort gets in the car…..

Bani has to take the lift and poor Jai has to offer one…the driver is left to wait for the mechanic…Soon enough they are on their way together towards the resort……As soon as they leave the driver takes out the other walky-talky and says "Kaam ho gaya……! "

Both are quiet and don't talk much…….Bani is sitting on the extreme side of the seat wishing she could melt in to the car door …... Jai gives her a sideways look….. and……grinds his teeth he is quite irritated with the fact that Bani does not trust him ….. and says…..

"Relax!.. I don't bite…. you know…!"

But Bani does not reply back…she wants to say…. You Do! ….. but somehow is not able to say it….

At the resort they find to their dismay that they just have one suite, as it is the only one which is ready the rest of the rooms are in the finishing stage, in which they have put Jai and Bani… ….in separate rooms but they will have to share their dinning and living area….

Next morning is spent in figuring out all the arrangements they find to their astonishment that they have similar ideas…. Bani sees the cool, professional, intelligent & shrewd businessman side of Jai ….... which has taken him to the pinnacle of success …………..while Jai is surprised to find that Bani has an eye for detail, a passion for the work she does and a perfectionist attitude…..right up his mettle…..Both maintain the professional attitude throughout the day…..

In the evening Bani returns to her room…... really tired….she takes a shower is relaxing in the living room having coffee and watching TV ….…just then she hears a scream and the light goes….. she can hear running footsteps…. Bani gets really scared…...she hates dark….. just then she sees a shadow outside on the balcony…. And she too screams……

On hearing her scream the shadow moves and actually comes inside the room….. Bani simply closes her eyes and screams again…..Just then…. A hand comes and stops her screaming……. "For heavens sake is it your hobby…..Bani Stop screaming !....... Its me! Jai…!"

The moment Bani hears this….. she hugs Jai in a big hug.. .. Jai is surprised at this reaction of Bani……his hands automatically come up to comfort her……she is crying and is so scared……. Jai can feel her shivering… he is like… .. "Bani kya hua…… why were you so scared… Bani realx! .... Kuch nahin hua….. you are safe……Main hoon Na.."…. He tries to calm her ….. he gently runs his hands over her hair…..

Slowly she relaxes and finally let's go of Jai….. Jai gently makes her sit on the sofa….The light comes on….. Jai does not know why but seeing tears in Bani's eyes is simply killing him….he goes and gets her a glass of water….

Bani drinks it…..Jai offers her, his handkerchief to wipe away her tears….. Bani does so….... Jai enquires …... Bani are you okay….do you want to talk about it….. ?....

Bani nods her head in a No but says….. "Mughe andehere se bahut dar lagta hai…aur phir jab maine who aap ki shadow bahar dekhi to main aur bhi daar gayi thi…. "

Jai says it is okay…… Bani says that now she is okay and goes into her room…..to get ready for the evening…. As the resort people have organised a dinner for them together as they are the only two people there….

Bani get ready wearing a simple White crisp Chikaan embroidery Lucknawi saree…with a plunging neckline blouse…and yet her neck is bare….and silver slippers…. The kind of saree which flows

Jai is dressed in a loose off white half sleeved shirt with top two buttons undone paired with khaki trousers…. and some fashionable gent's sandals in light brown….

Both of them come out of their rooms at the same instance ….. and are both surprised at this refreshing change in ach other's attire…..both admire eachother with sidelong glances…. And together make way to the foyer to find Mr. Sinha waiting to take them to dinner… he tells them that they have made special arrangements for the dinner tonight…. if they would please accompany him…

They go with him passing the dinning area…the garden…The poolside….. the private dinning hall… finally to the beach and find to their shock that they had arranged a romantic dinner for two by the beach… with a stereo system set up in the trees giving out very lovely romantic music….

Both Jai and Bani don't know what to say… except go along with the arrangements….. Both are very nervous…& …..Mr. Sinha….. shows them the setting and simply disappears…... telling them to enjoy there dinner in peace.…..He coolly walks back calls up and says…"..step 2 complete….." and on the other side… Tarun, Karan, & Aaditya do a high five….

Beautiful music is being played……..by the system…. "Steve Wonder's all time great … I just called to say I love you……" … a light breeze is blowing…..

Jai drags the chair out for Bani to sit and Bani complies

It is as if both of them have been suddenly thrown in the middle of a drama where they have been assigned the part of two lovers and can't break the hold the atmosphere has created on them…whether or not they want to they are in for a romantic dinner for two by the beach.......and they are both acting out the part of two lovers…inspite of the awkwardness that they feel for each other…

Jai opens the champagne bottle with a big pop… and Bani gets startled… he pours a glass for both of them….they both enjoy their drink and try to avoid looking at each other and eat silently.. .. Stealing glances at each other…..

Ek ajeeb sa nasha hai es raat mein….paata mahin Jai aur Bani ka yeh anjaana rishta kis dgar par jaa pahuchega aaj es khoobsurat mahul mein…...

Chahate na chahate hue bhi dono ek dusre ke taraf kheeche jaa rahe hain…..Jai ki nigah Bani par se hat hi nahi hai….Udhar Bani ke dil ka bhi haal bura hai…... use pata hi nahi hain yeh uska dil hai ya phir kissi aur ke dil ki goonj…….

The song changes to ….. Unchained Melody…. from the movie Ghost….

Is nasheeli raat mein Bani bala ki khobsurat lag rahi hai…Kaali raat mein ek safed pari jaisi…... aur Jai ki nigahon ke samadar mein woh doobti ja rahi hai….

Both try to avoid looking at each other but they can't avoid each other for too long… and end up staring at eachother… drinking into eachother….. … both are totally lost in each other….

Unwittingly…. Jai puts forward his hand silently asking Bani for dance… Bani can't do anything else except put her hand into his……..somehow it feels so right…. Both start dancing …

And the song changes to ….. I'll Make Love To You… by Boyz 2 Men

Dheere dheere...... Duriyan nazdikiyan banti jaa rahi hain....... aur Jai aur Bani ek dusre ke itne karreb aa rahe hain ki paata hi nahin chaal raha hai ki do dil dhadak rahe hain ya ek......Aur phir Bani ka sir Jai ke mazboot kandho pe hain aur Jai ke haath Bani ki nazuk kamar par.....

Lagata hain jaise hawaein bhi es jodi ko kareeb dekh kar kush ho rahi hain….. aur haule haule se chal rahi hai… dono ko aur kareeb se jodte hue…..

Both have there eyes closed are simply moving to the music…. Slowly….... happy in each others arms…... away from all logical thinking…….there is no past or future for them they just exist for each other at this time now… alive only to each other and dead for the rest of the world….

Slowly….they break apart but keep holding hands and take a walk on the beach…

Jai takes off his shoes and Bani takes off her slippers…. They walk some distance and then Bani leaves Jai's hand….immediately making it bereft of its better half….

And dropping her slippers starts playing in the incoming waves…..laughing and making naughty faces at Jai…. Jai is mesmerised by her beauty he can feel how innocent her laughter is just like 10) a child's laughter …. As Jai is lost in his world simply staring at Bani….. Bani notices him staring and decides to teach him a lesson….and throws water at Jai…. Poor Jai is caught unawares…. and gets quite wet…..
He says…. "Bani….. wait…. You will have to pay for this…!!! "

Soon they are both running on the beach among the waves…… laughing…..Jai is chasing Bani and promising dire consequences to her for making him wet….

Jai catches up with his child-woman… grabbing her waist from behind and falling on to the sand…. Rolling over eachother….. finally Jai is able to get total control of his victim him on top and Bani under him…... with both of her hands on her sides held by Jai….who stares intensely at her lips ready to extract payment…. And slowly very slowly…. Their lips meet and they are lost in each other……with the coming together of two souls…..

~~~The END~~~

sangitadas thumbnail
Unique Number 5

NO TITLE

It starts off with one of the character is getting scared!!! She's walking and is trying to figure out where she is!! She was called to a certain place!! She's telling herself where am I??? She's starting to get all freaked out…. And comes more and more closer and there's two glasses of gin and tonic there! She looks she's stunned and she looks all around and is saying is anyone here? Hello?? She's like someone has to be here She shouts…. There's a person that's standing there but you can see their face Afterwards…. There's a door and she hesitates to go through it because there might be something there… and then she goes slowly towards the door puts her hand on the knob and she's shaking like anything else. She turns the knob and there's an errie silence and you hear a child's laughter She looks and there's a small little kid that has a ribbon wrapped gift in his hand. And he says this is for you… She says for me? And he nods his head yes! He gives her the gift and he walks off. She opens it, when she does it's a small little pendant in there and it has a J & B in it. And she holds it up and you see that the person is none other than Bani herself! She's smiling!!!!!!!! Its such a cute pendant!! She's thinking what a character he is.. but then all of a sudden…. The lights come on!! She looks around and is thinking how did the lights come on? Jai comes out and he smiles at her… she sees him and she smiles… He's like how u like my little gift! Bani: Is this a way to scare me? And of all places why here….. its soo scary and freaky!!.. Jai: Not really!! Do you know where we are? Bani looks around doesn't look familiar to her and then he shouts and then everyone takes away everything and they are in a restauraunt!!! And she's like omg!! Jai played a practical joke on her just to scare her!! Bani hits him and she's like don't ever do that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Jai comes closer to her and he holds her face and he kisses her and she moves back.. she's shaking…… but he takes a step forward and comes closer to her again… he kisses her forehead her nose… and then he kisses her on the lips…. While jai and bani are kissing, tony butler interrupting them….. he clears his throat… They spread apart… and they look at him Jai yells at him and tells him to go and he goes! Bani laughs!! He's like not even one single moment together…. And he's like where were we… and he starts to kiss her all over……. But she's like not here!!!!!!! Someone will see…… And then he's like really?? She's like yes! So then he picks her up and takes her she doesn't know where they are going and its in the hotel that's right there!!! Both go into their room and he tells her now no one will interrupt!!!!! Bani is blushing.. he comes closer to her and he's like where were we….. She turns around he runs his hand down her arm and she's getting chills…. Just how December chills in Mumbai … she closes her eyes……. And the scene fades…. And this is how as good as it gets

....... Edited by sangitadas - 17 years ago
sangitadas thumbnail
UNIQUE NUMBER 6

Tony gets a surprise

Tony sat on a chair in the small veranda. On the table before him lay two glasses of gin and tonic- the finest from Mr. Walia's bar. He had felt slightly guilty when he had stolen the bottles from the cabinet but had told himself that he deserved a treat today. It was Christmas Eve and the world was rejoicing the birth of the messiah. In a small village in Goa his old mother would also be celebrating – not just the birthday of Jesus, but also the birthday of her only son.

"You are special," she used to tell him when he was a small boy. "You came on the same day as the messiah."

"Special indeed," thought Tony cynically. "the butler in the Walia mansion." He took a deep swig of his drink. The warmth of the liquid was comforting. The December chills in Mumbai were at their peak and Tony shivered a bit in his thin night suit.

The eerie silence of the night was interrupted by a sound….it was a distant laughter…the laughter of a child maybe. Tony was a little scared.  He had thought everybody in the house was asleep at this hour. He carried the glasses back to the kitchen and decided to investigate. He checked all the doors and windows on the ground floor to ensure if they were locked and then walked up the stairs to where all the bedrooms were located.

The corridor was very dark but Tony could walk it with his eyes closed. In the ten years that he had been in the house he had familiarized himself with every nook and corner of the house. The family admired his loyalty but he would never be a part of the house.  He would always be the servant and they the masters. The lights in all bedrooms were switched off except one- Jai sir's bedroom.

Tony walked slowly on the thick carpet towards the faint light only to discover that the door of the room was slightly ajar. Curiosity got the better of him and he peeped inside. He saw Jai holding a small ribbon wrapped box while Bani talked softly to him. He could see that they were excited about something. Then Jai hugged Bani and soon they were kissing passionately.

Tony blushed and moved away from the door, feeling like an intruder in that intimate moment. He retraced his steps in the corridor for he knew that the last thing Jai would want is Tony Butler interrupting his moment of romance. Witnessing this cosy scene had made him more aware of his loneliness and his yearning for a family

He decided to check the kitchen once more before he went to his quarters and called it a day. As he walked down the stairs he sensed a commotion in the living room- some giggles and whispers.  And suddenly the room was flooded with lights.

"SURPRISE," yelled the small group in unison. As Tony strained his eyes to get used to the brightness he spotted Dadi and Massi and Anu and even Ranveer standing in the middle of the room. On the table stood a huge cake surrounded by gifts.

"Happy Birthday Bro", shouted a familiar voice from the top of the stairs. It was Jai and with him was a smiling Bani who held the ribbon wrapped gift. "It was her idea…," Jai told Tony as he hugged him tightly, referring to his wife. "She wanted to do something special for you this Christmas. She called your mom in Goa to find out what you would like when we discovered that it was your big day too."

Tony looked at Bani and managed to utter a teary Thank you. The party went on till the wee hours of the morning. The laughter, Tony was told, was just a red herring to get him away while the cake was being brought in.

Tony wears the gold watch that Bani bought him with pride each day. And each time he glances at his wrist he tells himself…"this is as good as it gets"

sangitadas thumbnail

Unique Number 7

Ho rahega milan

Part 1

23.48 hours

21 December 2006

At the gates of Walia Mansion

It was 23.50 hours, on the night of the 21st of December 2006, when the elite Black Cat IF-KSian team moved into Walia Mansion in Uber-Stealth Mode.

We were already late – we had less than two days to set up operations. Our briefing had been thorough but the plan was complicated. Well, it's not like the elite force is called in when things are simple! DU UH.

Our mission, of course, was no secret. The Jai-Bani Milan was devoutly wished for through the length and breadth of the KSForum. Whatever their type, location, race or creed, if there was one thing that distinguished a KSian, it was sheer devotion to the JB Ship. Yes, on occasion, KSF has been split down the middle. If JaiWorshippers lashed out at Bani when their saw their God cry, BaniDefenders have always been ready to fight for their Queen and protect her if need be, even from her Lord-Protector. We have been torn asunder with debate and discussion, but one goal has always united us all – to see JB together.

Rising above differences, KSF came together. Repeated requests were put in for Kissology Sessions, and calls for a reprisal of June 19 have been growing increasingly strident. Unfortunately KS, though a highly informed, top-of-the-line assortment of professionals is at best advisory in nature. It is the role of KSF to react, chide, praise and guide, but we cannot instruct, we cannot dictate. Still, matters had come to such a pass that there was no choice left in the matter. We needed to act.

To take you back a little, the prevailing mood on KSF toward the end of September was despair. Anguish was rife. The baby Krishna Walia – the Beacon of the Future was declared dead. There seemed no road ahead, only road blocks. Frustration was common. KSians were reported to have thrown missiles at their televisions and discussions took on the hue of breast beating. Near-riots broke out, indeed tears flowed freely. And since then, we have waited in vain for new rays of sunlight to break through. They have not. Instead added complications in the form of PeaBrain twisted our hearts and added to our misery.

The only thing still keeping us reverting to the canon was the fact that Queen Bani was still officially in residence in Walia Mansion. Going by the adage that possession is 9/10ths of the law, we took heart. As long as she was there incumbent, there could be no upheaval so bad. Still, threatened by several upcoming bizarre track changes, KSF voted in favour of action: it was decided that we would take matters into our own hands.

Plans were drawn up and strategy chalked out. And on the night of December 21, a team of elite Black Cats circled Walia Mansion, and successfully gained entry from various strategic entrances. Black Cat (henceforth BC) Raaga Om was given charge of disarming Security Chief Tony Butler, which she accomplished successfully by vamping him (a long cherished dream) and later divesting him of weapons. One down, X to go.

The strategy was that the residents of Walia Mansion not discover the loss of their security or domestic staff - it was no part of our plan to be discovered… but more of that later.

To cut a long story short, the elite team managed to insidiously replace all internal staff by 06.00 hours, 23 December. Tony Butler, however was released after thorough briefing. Although his loyalties have never been proven to satisfaction, his cooperation was essential and BC Raaga was entrusted with keeping an eye on him. Indeed, we fear that several times, she had both eyes on him.

With a proven track record of unswerving loyalty to the King, Black Cat Piscean won the right to go in disguise and serve His Majesty morning tea. Although she near came to fainting at the sight of his bare throat, she revived enough to serve him tea, and we understand, grabbed some physical contact under pretext of picking up the tea tray. Later, BC Pi quite out-stepped her brief by burning His Majesty's existing dressing gowns. That was not our target at this time, and BC Piscean was indeed mildly reprimanded, but since no one disagreed that it needed to be done, there was no real problem there. BC Pi was seen grinning from ear to ear for a full 27 hours.

Once the members of the Walia clan left for the day, the team swung into action. The task was logistically complex and needed all our ingenuity and expertise. We needed to set up an intricate network of overhead tracks and pulleys throughout Walia Mansion. Made of finest invisible elf-wrought fiberglass, this network would not be discernable to the naked eye. The objective was simple: we would need to suspend a certain 'item' from the ceiling, but since we did not know in advance where such 'item' would be needed, we needed to plan for every contingency. And this is what the network accomplished – by our timing, within 2:14 minutes, the load could be brought from any given point in Walia Mansion to another through a series of rapid tracking movements and quick shifts in direction.

BC Aditee and BC Sangita were indispensable here – well-known for their organisational skills, they set to efficiently. BC Poo and BC Tisha took up the slack the next shift. A Byzantine overhead network was in place in 24 hours. It was tested and found to work well and smoothly. The load would be able to reach every single point in Walia Mansion.

The next part was tricky. It needed all our guile, for there was no alternative to this segment. We needed to convince BC Mistletoe.

It was the turn of a few smooth-tongued, persuasive KSians to take command – BC Anushka, BC Vazz, BC Rupy were called in. Lest mere persuasion fail, we also commandeered several other KSians to add voice to our request. It was already 16.00 hours, 23 December and we had still not obtained BC MT's consent.

Black Cat MT's objections of course were rooted in the indignity of it all. She could not see why, she of all people, must subject to being harnessed, trussed up, hauled overhead with ropes and left suspended in Walia Mansion for two whole days – the 24th and 25th of December. It took some convincing. We explained that it was a long established tradition all over the world during Christmas Eve and Christmas for Mistletoe to be hung up in doorways and around the house. When couples find themselves suddenly together under Mistletoe, it is quite obligatory for them to kiss. Indeed, the leaf released pheromones quite essential and suited to kickstart this exercise. This long-honoured tradition has been responsible for increasing the love quotient across the world. We were quite certain it could not fail in Walia Mansion. Her cooperation therefore was crucial.

BC MT was unrelenting. The herb, she declared, must be imported and used instead. We could not agree – there could be no logic in putting up a leaf, when we had the real thing. It would look silly, she argued – which was why, we brought in BC SoapBubble who doubles up as witch on alternate days, to cast a little spell. Mistletoe would be camouflaged to look as natural as possible – in the end, it would be the spirit that counted. Finally, BC MT could see that with her permission or no, she was going to be suspended from the ceiling, wheeled this way and about, and she gave her reluctant consent.

Rehearsals were carried out, and the plan was working well. Stage-managed by BC SoapAddict through a series of well-placed phone calls, and the pulling of several strings, we managed to clear Walia Mansion of all its residents. Rano and Sahil were packed off with friends they didn't know they had. Aditya, Jigyasa and family, along with Dadi and Maasi were also dispatched on likely errands. For Christmas, Mr and Mrs Walia would be quite alone.

Christmas Eve dawned.

Part 2

It was a cold day in Mumbai. December had brought with it the promised chills and day was taking its time breaking. Bani woke up early, but pulled up the covers under her chin, reluctant to leave its warmth. She still slept on the right side of the bed, a habit she had not yet managed to break. That thought brought a memory with it: the warmth of a man ensconced beside her, his breath, his presence, his arm brushing hers… She resolutely pushed her razaai aside and got up.

Life had been in limbo these past few months. On the very verge of collapse, at the very tip of the cliff, her marriage had come to a standstill. The storm that had assailed their lives had eased, the winds had died. Her marriage stood perilously at the edge, like a fragile ball where a touch could send it rolling down the treacherous rocks, or rolled back from the edge. She had not dared touch it.

They had lost their baby. She had wanted, so badly she had wanted, to sob on his shoulder, feel the comfort of his arms around her, beg his forgiveness for having failed him – she had done much to cause him unhappiness, hoping he would hate her, but this was one blow she had never intended to deal him. Did he blame her for it? she asked herself as she had done so many times before; did he believe she had wanted that, for their child not to exist? Was that why he had hardly spoken to her since? Was that why he had turned so cold, so withdrawn, like a life placed in cold storage? She could not remember when she last saw him smile. It was a heavy burden to bear – to know that you had destroyed the man you love.

At least he had stopped drinking like he used to, she thought. After his return from Dubai, that was all he would do – retreat into his study with a decanter, a tub of ice and a glass, often sleeping there all night – meeting no one, needing no one.

She had watched him do it night after night, till last week – she could bear it no more. She had barged in and told him angrily: "Yeh jo aap roz roz aise akele pee rahen hai, Mr Walia, kabhi aapne socha hai, ke aapke sehat pe kya asar ho sakti hai?"

He'd been surprised and then quite sarcastic: "Aur isse aapko matlab, Mrs Bani Walia?"

"Mujhe isse matlab hai – lekin mai aapse behas nahin karna chahti," she had told him and called for Tony: "Tony, is tray ko le jao, aur bahar phenk do. Aaj ke baad ye yahaan is ghar mein nazar nahin aana chahiye."

Jai had slurred, "Is ghar mein orders dene waali tum kaun hoti ho?"

"Mai kaun hoti hun, yeh Tony achchi tarah samjhta hai." And with that she had left.

But her words had had effect – he had not retreated into his study this whole week.

Over the months, many differences had been cleared, many explanations had been given. Bani had apologised, told Jai exactly why she had had to behave the way she did – he had listened, with a glass of whiskey in hand, frowning deeply, but saying nothing. The baby's miscarriage was an accident, he knew that, but he still shut her out completely. She could tell no one of the weight in her heart and he would not put his down for a moment. It was as it he had cloaked himself in a thick cloud that she could not penetrate. He was angry – very angry, but the lava was topped with a film of ice.

Not even the truth about Park Road had moved him – he had seemed relieved that he had not been responsible for her mother's death, but she had the feeling it didn't matter now. He didn't bellow for her these days, or treat her to tirades like he used to and there was no sign that he had forgiven her. Perhaps he never would, thought Bani desolately, perhaps I succeeded in killing his love for me, perhaps I have killed his capacity to love, crushed his spirit for ever. Tears welled up and rolled down her cheeks – they weren't the first, or the last. Perhaps we are never meant to be happy together.

She went downstairs and found the large house rather empty. There was only Tony supervising two men lugging something into the hallway. "Tony, ye kya ho raha hai?" she asked him.

T: Madam, kal Christmas hai, toh maine socha ki ek Christmas Tree arrange karun, aur ghar bhar mein decorations kar dun – Mr Walia likes it – unka kehna hai ke sab tyohaar kushi baantne ka bahaana hote hain.

Bani (smiling): That's a great idea, Tony. Thank you. Phir tum yeh sab dekho – mai Mr Walia ke liye breakfast banati hun.

She prepared it with particular care today and took up a tray with morning coffee. She opened the door and hesitated. His room was dark, with the curtains pulled shut. Bani put down the tray on a small table and pulled the curtains apart. Jai was still asleep, the covers pulled up over his shoulder. Bani stood by his bed, looking down at him – he looked softer in sleep – the jaw unclenched, the frown smoothened. She drank him in greedily, looking on a face she no longer had permission to stare at.

He must have sensed her gaze because he woke up suddenly, brown eyes staring directly into hers.

"Bani?"

She said nothing for a long moment, and then, "Mai coffee layi hun. Aap tayyar ho jaayiye – breakfast ready hai." And went quickly out of the room.

Jai stared after his wife with a thoughtful frown. It was the first time she had stepped into their… his room in these past three months. It had been torture to have her in the house, but ask her to leave, he would not, he could not. The breakdown of their marriage had taken much from him, but it had equally left Bani ravaged. She was proud – and if she felt able to stay in his house, under his roof, under his protection, he was honoured. He had once feared she felt nothing for him but hate, loathing and fear. That, at least, was not true. Bani would never have stayed in Walia Mansion in those circumstances, Jai thought, towelling his hair.

She had not asked to be married to him, and she did not want to be. Nevertheless, it had brought her into a relationship she had not planned for, a baby she had not wanted. Jai would have swallowed his pride and asked, even now, if she would settle for marriage with him – but how was he to do that knowing? Knowing about Pushkar, knowing that Bani had a chance to go back to what she had before Pia's utter selfishness had forced them together. She did not hate him, but she did not love him either.

Part 3

At Breakfast.

T: Good Morning, Sir!

J: Good morning, Tony.

T: Sir, with your permission, har saal ki tarah Xmas ke kuch decorations karva raha hun.

J (with a shrug): Tony, go ahead, lekin is baar ghar mein koi nahin hoga yeh sab enjoy karne ke liye – Anu aur Sahil ko khaas maza aata lekin woh sab New Year par hi lautenge.

T: Yes sir, lekin ghar pe to celebrations honi chahiye. Aur phir Bani Madam aur aap to hain. Sir, Walia Mansion cheerful lagega.

Jai (smiling indulgently, sat down to breakfast): Done. Jo chahe karo.

Bani comes out with the dishes and starts to serve him.

Jai (looking up at her): Bani, tum rehne do – Tony serve karega.

B: Mr Walia, Tony busy hai. Ghar bhar mein ghaas poos tanga raha hai (smiling at Tony)

J: (questioningly at Tony, who had his hands full of tinsel) Ghaas poos?

T (smiling, very chatty): Yes sir, Mistletoe. Kehte hain ke yeh agar darwazon par aur saare ghar mein lakta diya jaaye.. toh…

J (smiling wryly): Haan mai jaanta hun – theek hai tum jao.

He started to eat.

Bani was to his right, also eating. She was not yet done when he was through, but she got up, saying "Coffee laati hun."

She came back with the coffee and placed it in front of him. He gulped it down quickly, pushed back his chair, and walked to the door.

J (loudly): Tony, Bhaskar se kehna ke gaadi saamne laaye.

He was almost at the door. Bani followed him.

B: Mr Walia…

Jai stopped and turned.

B: Kya aap aaj office se jaldi aa sakte hain? (Jai looked questioningly) Xmas ke liye Tony aur baaki staff ko dene ke liye gifts laane honge – mera ghar mein bohut kaam baaki hai – kya aap aate hue kuch le aayenge?

J (rubbing a hand across his eyes): oh damn – uske bare mein bhool hi gaya. Theek hai, I'll organise that. Aur kuch?

Bani began to shake her head and then looked hesitant.

J: Bani, what is it?

Bani (smiling a little): Kuch nahin, aap bas jaldi mein tayyar hue hain (She indicated his coat buttons done wrongly) Main theek kardun?

She moved to stand in front of him and slowly began to undo all the buttons on the coat. Bani was breathing rather rapidly and Jai had stopped breathing altogether. She started to match them to the correct eyelet, and began to do them up again. She reached a hand to his collar and folded it down, smoothing it. A finger accidentally flicked his hair. He looked down at her intently, trying to read her. They were standing close, their faces inches from each other.

J: Bani… mai…

"Sir!"

Tony! Jai moved away quickly and Bani blushed. Caught canoodling in the doorway by the butler. Bani could've killed him!

"Sir," Tony now realised he had interrupted a 'moment', "I'm sorry but aapka laptop dining room mein reh gaya tha."

J: Thanks Tony – aaj mai jaldi aane ki koshish karunga.

And he strode off to the car.

Lunch time. Jai was in his car heading back home. He didn't know why he was doing this, but the compulsion was strong. There was no one but the servants in the house today, and he didn't like to think of her alone in the large house. He would check on her and rush back to his afternoon appointments. He checked his watch impatiently as they swung into the gates of Walia Mansion. He strode into the house and yelled for Tony.

T: Good Afternoon, Sir.

Jai: Tony, Bani kahaan hai? Usne lunch kar liya?

T: Sir, maine breakfast ke baad Bani maam ko nahin dekha.

Jai (scowling): Kya woh bahar gayin hain?

T: Nahi Sir, mere khayal se oopar hi hain.

J (distracted): Achcha?

He bounded up the stairs and walked into Bani's room. It was tidy as usual but held no sign of her. He crossed over to Rano's room but found it locked.

Muttering "Kahaan ho sakti hai?" he walked down another corridor. His footsteps rang in the silent house. Suddenly the silence seemed eerie and the curtains flapped in the gusty wind. Jai knew a sense of foreboding. Suddenly he knew where Bani was. He walked on till he came to the nursery… Krishna's nursery – and flung open the door. It was a silent room – a room that should have been filled with a child's laughter now just held ghosts.

There she was sitting on the baby cot, in a simple ochre saree, with her back to him, lost to the world. Clutching a teddy bear to her stomach and letting the misery flow. Jai went over and stood next to her. "Bani" She looked up with a jerk, and hastily wiped her tears, and then rose and walked to the window. She might cry, but she didn't like to people to see her that way, particularly her husband. The teddy bear had fallen to the floor, looking sad. He picked it up and propped it against the corner of the cot and waited. Slowly he turned to look at her. She was hunched over, her body racked with unbearable grief. He didn't even realise he had moved, but he was next to her, a hand protectively around her.

"Bani, please…"

With an cry that was almost animal, she turned and caved in. His arms went tightly around her, feeling the shudders that racked her, absorbing them now as he should have three months ago. Tears streaming down his own face, he bent to hide them in her hair.

"Mr Walia…I'm sorry… itna dukh… mai jaanti hun…I'm sorry."

He raised her face and framed it in his hands, thumbing the tears away. She looked up at him and nearly didn't recognise him – he was looking down at her with a tenderness she had never seen in his eyes. It was unbearable: she closed her eyes. And his lips came down on hers. Soft, barely touching, seeking. His hands slid to her waist, pulling her into him and her arms curled around his neck. Nipping at her lips, he took her in, till their pain transmuted into a flare of passion, seeming to consume them as they stood entwined in that darkened corner of an abandoned nursery.

Several moments later, he sat on the cot she had sat on earlier, clutching his head. She came to stand in front of him: "Mr Walia, pichle in maheeno mein maine kayi baar koshish ki…  ki aapse baat karun, aapka dukh baantun, shayad kam karun… lekin aapne mujhe mauka hi nahi diya."

J sat with his head bowed, his palms over his eyes: Bani, kuch zakhm aise hote hai, ke unpar malham bhi lagaane ke liye haath rakho, toh rooh kaamp uthti hai.

B looked down at him piteously, and put a tentative hand on his shoulder: "Mr Walia, mujhse behtar ye baat kaun samajh sakta hai? Krishna se zyada aapne aur maine zindagi se kuch nahin maanga. Lekin kismat ko kuch aur hi manzoor tha – filhaal Krishna hamaare naseeb mein nahin hai."

He raised his eyes then to her slim form standing in front on him, put out his hand and drew her close. Her saree fluttered gently as his breath stirred it – he raised his left hand, gently pushed the cloth aside, baring her navel to his gaze. Her delicate curves were creamy white, just a little rounded and bearing no evidence of the violence she had suffered. He cupped her waist, drew her in between his legs… and bent to press his lips to her womb. Bani drew in a sharp breath, closed her eyes and bit off a moan. One hand clutched his shoulder for support even as the other cradled his head, holding him to her. It was a soul-sucking caress, as if all of her being gathered and quivered at the one point where his lips touched her. A homage to their loss.

He looked up then and met her eyes. She wrapped her arms securely around him, cradling his head against her as she gently rocked him. Jai held her tighter still, giving and taking strength – two people who were briefly parents. 

Part 4

It was a late lunch that Xmas eve and a protracted one. The kitchen radio crooned Jiya dhadak dhadak. Jai and Bani ate very little but the meal was conducted in near-perfect silence. Tony, rather mystified and intrigued, served them as discreetly as possible. They had not fought – that he could tell… for the Boss kept shooting smouldering looks at his wife and she stared at him as if she would rather have him for lunch, a little smile playing on her lips.

For three months, each had mooned around the house barely talking to the other, and just one day had brought this about! Tony looked up at the mistletoe with new-found respect.

It didn't last very long, though. Bani's phone rang.

B: Hello? Haan bolo Pushkar!

Tony turned apprehensively to glance at his boss. His fist had clenched over the napkin, his eyes had narrowed and his teeth were set. Poor Bani maam! Tony hurried into the kitchen.

The storm broke out behind him. Jai pushed back his chair violently, knocking it over, flung his napkin into the middle of the table and thundered upstairs. Bani looked at him in shock and alarm.

Quickly she said into the phone, "Pushkar mai tumse baad mein baat karti hun," and hung up.

Bani followed Jai upstairs. He was in his room, standing by the window, one arm thrown across, clenching the curtain. He was in a red haze and she couldn't imagine why.

B: Mr Walia…

He turned around, snarling: Yes, Mrs Walia! Kahiye? Or is that Ms Dixit now – sorry mai abhi clear nahi hun – thoda confusion hai. Could you clear that up for me? What is happening?

B: Mai samjhi nahi, aap kya kehna chahte …

J (sarcastic): Nai? Aapka yaar abhi bhi aapko phone karte rehta hai, lekin aap phir bhi apne ex-husband ke ghar pe kya rahin hai? Oh (pretending to be enlightened) we haven't signed the papers! But how does that make a difference, Mrs Walia? Surely aapke boyfriend to bechaini hoti hogi ke kab aap mukt ho jaaye aur aap donon hamesha hamesha le liye ek ho jaaye? What's stopping you?

Bani (stunned): yaar? Boyfriend?

J (sneering): Oh, are we pretending? Pushkar Shukla, Bani! Ring a bell? Yaad aaya? Woh shaks jisse tum pehle se pyar karti thi – aur jisse tum shaadi karti… agar Pia tum donon ke beech na aati to (stabbing a finger). Woh Pushkar Shukla, jo abhi bhi tumhara intezaar kar raha hai, jise loyalty award milni chahiye.

Bani (shocked, horrified): Ye aapse kisne kaha?

J: Did you think I didn't know? Bani, I have known since before I went to Dubai. Aur yeh tumhara raaz itna bhi chupa nahin hai. Mujhe Jigyasa ne bataya aur Pia ne bhi confirm kiya.

(He turned away, straightened up and continued in a more reasonable tone)

Agar tum mere feelings ka khayal karke hichkicha rahi ho toh koi zaroorat nahin hai. Ye sadma mere bardasht ke baahar nahin hai. Tum kabhi bhi jaa sakti ho.

Bani (in a strangled voice): Jigyasa ne aapse kaha aur aapne yakeen kar liya?

Jai turned towards her quickly, with narrowed eyes: Kya matlab?

Bani was agitated now, and furious: Aur Pia ne kaha aur aapne maan liya? Mr Walia, Pia jhoot to nahi kehti par kya aap itna nahin samajhte ke Pia ke sach mein aur asli sach mein farq ho sakta hai? Aapne kabhi mujhse poocha munasib nahi samjha – ke kya mai Pushkar se pyar karti hun?

Jai (shouting): What the hell was I supposed to do? Ankhon mein ankhen daalke jhoot kehne waalon se mai kya poochoon? Kyon poochoon mai?

Bani (continuing): Aapne kya samjha hai mujhe, Mr Walia – ke pyar kisise karun, shaadi nibhaun kisi aur ke saath? Ki apne zaroorat ke hisaab se kabhi ek ke saath to kabhi doosre ke saath rahun? Shayad aap confuse ho rahen hai – mera naam Bani hai, Pia nahin.

Jai gritted his teeth and raised an imperative finger: Bani, I'm warning you – don't go there. Mai tumse pehle bhi keh chuka hun, ke Pia aur mere beech KUCH NAHI hua tha. I wouldn't touch her with a barge pole and you KNOW that. Pia ne jhoot kaha tha tumse!

(laughing bitterly, he spat out the words) Main paagal zaroor hun lekin ITNA bhi bewakoof nahin jo ek DIXIT ko dubara apni zindagi mein aane dun. Mujhe barbaad karne ke liye tumhare parivaar ka har member apni apni koshish kar chuka hai.

Bani turned away in disgust: "Agar aap itne clear hain to ham kya discuss kar rahen hain? Aapke paas to har sawaal ka jawab hai."

Jai, now pissed, came around to stand in front of her and taking hold of her shoulders: "Theek hai – mai tumse ab pooch leta hun. Bani – do you love Pushkar? (slowly, enunciating every word) Kya tum Pushkar se pyar karti ho? (shaking her) Tell me, dammit!

Bani (wrenching herself away from his hold, now crying): NAHIN! Nahin karti mai pyar Pushkar se. Bas?

The silence was deathly.

He was stunned. Had she said No? She had. What did that mean? Had he been right after all? Jai had never been able to believe that he didn't have Bani's love – of her he had been surer than he had ever been of anything. But Jigyasa had said otherwise, and so had Pia; he had been forced to admit everything pointed to Pushkar.

Hope died hard but even he could see how Pushkar dogged Bani's every step. She never stepped out without calling him, or telling him where she was. If Bani needed to be found, the man you had to ask was Pushkar Shukla, not Jai Walia. She told him her secrets, turned to him for every help. It had broken his heart to convince himself that it all added up. Had that been a mistake? Hope swelled again, bubbling up to the surface.

J (turning): Bani…

But she was gone.

Part 5

Jai rushed down the stairs, shouting for Bani. Tony emerged instead.

T: Sir, Bani madam chali gayin hai. Unhone apna purse liya aur chali gayin.

J (running a hand through his hair): Gaadi lekar gayin hain?

T (apologetically): No sir, unhone taxi liya.

Jai was ticked off now. "Bloody taxis! now I'll have to just buy the entire fr-king fleet in Mumbai."

Jai tried Bani's cell first. Switched off. "Damn, damn!" he muttered. Why the hell did he have to say so much? He had an unruly, undisciplined tongue and the cutting things he said always came back to haunt him. And with Bani, his emotions ran so high he ended up saying the worst possible things. Why the hell did I have to make that Dixit crack? he thought savagely.

Reluctantly, but knowing he had no choice, he called Pushkar to ask if he knew where Bani was. Pushkar was surprised to hear from Jai, but Bani had not called him since earlier in the day. Where could she have gone?

Three hours later, Jai was cruising the streets, with a lookout for a slender figure in a deep yellow saree. It was getting dark, and rapidly chilly. A cold wave had held sway all this week. His phone rang. Hallelujah… his wife!

B (in a small voice): Hello?

J: (pulling over to one side of the road) Bani where the HELL are you? Phone kyun nahin utha rahi tum? Pata hai kab se dhoondh raha hun tumhe?

Bani (with a tremor in her voice): Mai..  kya aap mujhe lene aa sakte hain?

J (softening at once): Haan, of course. Kahan ho tum?

B: Mai Grant Road pe hun… agar aap aa rahen hain to mai aapko bus stop pe milungi.

J: Right. Mai abhi aa raha hun. Bani, I'll be there in ten.

Seven minutes later, Jai was pulling up at the Grant Road bus stop. He got out and felt the chill nip at him. This was a fairly deserted place this time of evening. A couple of roughnecks lounged on the benches – why had Bani come here? He frowned, looking around for her. She was standing by a pole a yard away, her pallu wrapped around her, protectively clutching a big cavernous jute bag.

"Bani.."

She jumped a little, and then managed a small smile. One of the chaps on the bench let out a whistle. One look from Jai took care of that, but Bani had obviously got a scare.

J: Bani, let's get out of here. Chalo…

He shut the car door after her, moved into the driver's seat and glided out of there. She was shivering. Talk could wait, he decided, turning the AC vents in her direction, and turning up the heat. He eased out of his jacket and offered it to her. She took it wordlessly, wrapping it around her, and snuggled in with a sniff.

They walked into Walia Mansion together. Jai turned to Bani and raised a commanding finger, "Now I want you to listen to me – please upar jaao, have a hot shower – varna tumhe sardi ho jaayegi."

Bani nodded and went upstairs, leaving her husband to stare after her in bemusement. If only he had this docility from Bani on the really important things! He shook his head with a smile.

Part 6

Jai showered and picked out a dark blue kurta and a white chudidaar. They needed to talk, he thought grimly as he combed his hair. He had let things slide, too afraid to ask questions for which he didn't like the answers, but they were going to talk today.

Downstairs, he got Tony to organise a few things – foremost a fire. Walia Mansion had a lovely fireplace that wasn't too much used; they were in Bombay, after all, but tonight both the weather and his mood dictated it.

It was a lovely room, in fact the very room that Tony had decided to place the Christmas Tree in. The hearth was an old ornate one, and the fireside was adorned with a plush, thick cream carpet that was a luxury to sink into. Low three sided seating faced the fire – broad, comfy settees with soft off-white throws. Orange, yellow and lime pillows in varying sizes carelessly lined the settees and caught the firelight beautifully. With the flames crackling, the room looked cozy tonight. Tony arranged everything, pulled the curtains together, and withdrew.

The door opened. Jai looked up from his contemplation of the fire. Bani framed in the doorway, in a flowy sleeveless salwar kameez in hues of blue and green. Her hair was damp from her shower and her face scrubbed clean – kohl and gloss was all she had used. He scanned her so slowly from the feet up, she was actually nervous when his eyes finally rested on her face. Male admiration, there was… but something else as well… she mused… he looked determined.

He moved away from the mantelpiece to the drinks by the side of the room. She came into the room and shut the door, her eyes following him in trepidation. The ice clinked and he turned around with a glass in hand.

J: Aao baitho. I've fixed you a gin and tonic – that'll take care of the chills.

B: (relieved, came forward and took it) Oh, mere liye?

J (amused): Tumhe kya laga – mai piyakkad ho raha hun?

Bani (with a laugh, settling on the couch): Nahin, lekin kabhi kabhi aap zyada peete hain.

J: Drink up – maybe I'll join you later just to be companionable.

He went to the fire to stoke it and place another log. She set down her glass on the side table with a thud. Jai turned around.

J: Bani, have you downed that drink in one go? Sweetheart, that was gin, not lassi!

He called her sweetheart! He hadn't in months! Her heart thudded so violently she was afraid he would hear it.

Bani: Hmm – just felt like… can I have another one?

J (amused): if you insist.

He made her another drink, handed it to her and came back to the settee and settled down, facing her, one arm along the back.

J: Bani, aaj ghar chodkar kahan gayi thi tum?

She stiffened, looked away and took a sip.

J: Bani, we need to talk. Maina aaj bohut kuch keh diya – I'm sorry. Shayad yeh hame pehle hi kar lena chahiye tha, but...

Bani put down the glass and turned to him with painful eyes.

B: Mr Walia, mai Pushkar se pyar nahin karti hun – he's a friend, a very good friend.

J (softly): "Bani, I understand that now. Mujhe Jigyasa aur Pia par yakeen karne se pehle tumse poochna chahiye tha.

Lekin ab sawaal yeh hai ke tum pyar kisse karti ho?"

He was looking at her unwaveringly. She looked into his eyes with some distress.

B: Kya aapko ye sawaal poochna padega? Aap nahin jaante, mere man mein kya hai?

J: Bani! (exasperated, pushing his hands through his hair) Haan, mujhe poochna padega… kyunki ye rishta itna ulajh chuka hai ke mai jaan'na chahta hun – saaf saaf jaan'na chahta hun ke tumhare man mein kya hai? Hamne divorce ke liye apply kiya hai – tum aage kya chahti ho?

B (standing up and staring into the fire): Aur jo main chahti hun, mujhe milega?

Jai looked at her slender back as she walked away from him. He stood up, looked at her for a minute and said decisively: "Haan tumhe jo kuch bhi chahiye, milega."

Bani turned to him, looking oddly defenceless: "Aap, aapke saath zindagi aur Krishna."

He had frozen.

Bani (very softly): Kya mujhe yeh mil sakta hai?

He moved slowly to stand in front of her, with a curious glint in his eyes. "Haan, aapko ye mil sakta hai."

The next moment they were in each other's arms, locked as if they would never let go. He moved back a fraction and tipped up her face and met with a smile so luminous, it took his breath away. Her arms curved around his neck, and holding his head in place, she kissed him. Sheer delight held him immobile for second, but he wrested the initiative from her, plunging deeply. Heated murmurings and endearments punctuated the next ten minutes, but it was a most satisfactory conversation…

B: Mujhe laga, aap ab mujhse pyar nahi karte. Ki yeh shaadi aapke liye ek samjhauta hai.

They were settled on the plush carpet, resting their backs against the sofas. Bani's head rested on Jai's shoulder, her hand occupied in desultory strokes. Occasionally her fingers slipped into the opening of his kurta, curling the thick mat of hair on his chest, revelling in being able to touch him at last.

J: Nahin, Bani… this has always been my dream. This is what I've wanted – all I've ever wanted.

She pressed a small kiss into his neck and his arm tightened on her midriff. He said, hoarsely, "And we came so close to losing it all Bani! Thank God we had the house to ourselves today – I couldn't have taken many more months like this."

He bent to nuzzle her neck, and murmured, "Waise aaj tum gayin kahan? What on earth were you doing on Grant Road?"

Bani looked up with a smile, "Oh, mere paas aapke liye gift hai."  

He raised an eyebrow. "More gifts? Yeh to Diwali bhi aa gayi hai Christmas ke saath."

She got up and went to her bag and fished out a huge ribbon wrapped gift and came to him, holding it out in front of her. He took it quizzically and said: "May I?"

"Of course," she smiled, a little imp of mischief in her eyes.

Settling back on the carpet, he ripped open the wrappings, uncovered the box and revealed a copy of the book Maximum City – he loved Mumbai so much, he'd been wanted to get his hands on that one. "Oh wow! Bani, thank you!" He lifted it out to find another gift wrapped box below it, and looked up at her. "Another one? A red herring gift, huh?"

She nodded. He opened the second box, to find a white Tarun Tahiliani kurta. He looked up at his wife questioningly. She laughed back at him: "Maine Tony ke liye doosra shirt le liya hai. Yeh sirf aapke liye hai." He flung his head back with a groan and covered his eyes, "Oh god, mujhe yaad mat dilao please – I'm so sorry." It had been so long ago – when she'd picked out a shirt for him in Goa and he'd been perverse enough to give that away to Tony.

But Bani was laughing: "Tab se mai chahti thi ke aapko apni pasand ki cheez pehnaake rahun."

There was more. "Aur kitne hai?" he asked lifting out the third box. "Bas do," she answered, "lekin dono hi mai aapko de rahi hun, par hai actually mere liye."

"Okaaay," he said, opening it. A pair of lovely bangles winked up at him. Jai drew in his breath and looked up at Bani: "Tumhare kangan!" These had his first gift to her, and she had actually given them away in a fit of pique and anger. No, theirs had NOT been a smooth ride.

J: "Bani, yeh tumhare paas waapas kaise aaye?"

B: Seema Bhabhi Grant Road pe rehti hai. Actually maine unse agle din hi keh diya tha ki jab woh design copy karwalen, toh mai kangan waapas le lungi. Phir itna kuch ho gaya ke kabhi jaake le nahi paayi.

Jai lifted them out gently. "Pehna dun?"

Bani held out her hands and Jai eased them on. She stared at his bent head. It felt so good to have his hands on her, taking such infinite care not to pinch her tender skin, smoothing the bangles on.

"Last one?" he asked. "Haan, bilkul," she said and waited for his reaction to the last box. She got it: he was looking at her with eyes blazing in their intensity. "Bani," he said quietly. In the small jewellery case nestled her mangalsootra. "Ise bhi pehna dijiye, please," she said huskily.

He lifted it tenderly out of the box, and raised it. She sat closer, lifting her hair out of the way and he placed it around her neck, fastening it, his breath stirring her hair. He leaned back and arranged it to his satisfaction.

His eyes burned like coal as his hands left her. "Kya hai?" she asked.

He said, "Bani, chalo phir se shaadi karte hain. This time, we go into it with our eyes open. We mean every single thing we say, every oath we take. We'll marry for love."

She teared up but her smile was 100-carat brilliant, "But I'm warning you: dobara bandh gaye, to aapko apni zindagi se jaane nahin doongi." And she went into his arms…

Sometime in the middle of the night, Jai pulled the razaari to cover his sleeping wife. She clung to his right hand in sleep… an old habit, he thought with the hint of a smile. One way or the other, it had been on helluva day. And there was the whole of Christmas left, before the rest of the family came back.

Jai rested against the pillow in satisfaction.

On the night of 25 December the Elite Black Cat team brought down BC Special Agent Mistletoe and pulled down its equipment. Withdrawal was smooth and debriefing was conducted soon after. Operation JB Milan succeeded just as we had hoped. The effects of the intervention, we are happy to report, proved lasting.

Walia Mansion will soon have the patter of tiny feet in its long hallways and that, as far as we are concerned, is as good as it gets.

Finis

Disclaimer: I've taken the liberty of casting a few KSians in this story – all in the interest of a joke. I'm hoping no one minds: I mean no offence at all.