Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Anurag Kashyap: If something I've said has offended Milap

touch_of_pink thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 9 years ago

Anurag Kashyap: If something I've said has offended Milap, I will apologise to him

Mohar Basu,TNN | Mar 12, 2015, 12.19 PM IST
Anurag Kashyap: If something I've said has offended Milap, I will apologise to him
Anurag Kashyap

Milap Zaveri's backlash on a micro-blogging site about Anurag Kashyap's comment on his film Grand Masti was a shocker. In an interview to a website, Anurag said that he won't watch a film like this (which Milap had written) even if 'he were given 5 crores'. This happened when Anurag was promoting his upcoming venture, which falls in the same genre. 

A series of comments were exchanged between Kashyap hardliners and Zaveri online, which culminated into a massive war of words that Milap signed off with the sarcastic tweet, "Anurag's film is Jai Santoshi Maa."

When we asked Milap what irked him, the writer-filmmaker said, "I have a problem that Anurag said this while promoting his own sex comedy, which is probably the baap in this genre. The first line of its promo is as profane as it gets. Director Indra Kumar is not on social media to defend Grand Masti and he was happy that I voiced what he was feeling. When Anurag has made a sex comedy, isn't it inappropriate to speak so condescendingly about the biggest hit in that particular genre? What is the need to bad-mouth? Vikas Bahl and Vikramaditya Motwane were both there and they expressed the fact that they did not like Masti or its sequel in a very civil manner. I don't understand why people can't appreciate if a film has fared well. This holier-than-thou attitude and saying that he isn't frustrated enough to watch Grand Masti shows double standards when he is promoting a sex comedy. He has built a certain persona around himself and is considered intellectual and I love his films - be it Dev D or Gangs of Wasseypur. You know what's funnier? The filmmaker who is known for family entertainers is Sooraj Barjatya and I have a message from him that says he loved the film. He is appreciative of his colleagues and doesn't act like a hypocrite."

When we reached out to Anurag for the same, he seemed oblivious. He texted back asking, "What tweets?" When told about the whole fiasco, the filmmaker said, "Yaar, ask him! I have no time for it. I would never have said anything against him in any case. If something I have said has offended him, then I will apologise to him."

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/hindi/bollywood/news/Anurag-Kashyap-If-something-Ive-said-has-offended-Milap-I-will-apologise-to-him/articleshow/46538258.cm
s

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

palingenesis thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Oh Anurag...if all dis is a strategy to promote ur upcoming films, especially BV, try something else! Sheesh! πŸ˜•

Milap now needs this.

DianaPrince thumbnail
i though he would say i don't care or IDGAFπŸ˜†
Or as fans say...haterzzz gonna gateπŸ˜†
DianaPrince thumbnail
Originally posted by: Live2eat

^^

U r crazy! Lol

KhanSinghKumar thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
anurag is little bit too much... he speaks like that without thinking...and thinks he will say sorry and people will forgive everytime..
He should apologize that he looks like some short order cook in lahori kebab house πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†. Come on you are in showbusiness where the lights are always on bright . Take care of your appearance Anu πŸ˜²πŸ˜²πŸ˜²
TheekThaak thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: KhanSinghTomar

anurag is little bit too much... he speaks like that without thinking...and thinks he will say sorry and people will forgive everytime..

Lol...that zaveri guy is no less, he went totally crazy yesterday. Like he has been possessed or something. πŸ˜†