Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Kaana thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago

Originally posted by: RadhikaS0

This was truly a beautiful scene. And you have analyzed it well๐Ÿ‘

Judging by the way Siamak supports Ashoka and even seems to think like the future Ashoka, I have a feeling that his character may be used to replace that of Vitashoka, in yet another NR.

I loved another scene also - when Ashoka announces in the monastery that he has lost faith in ahimsa and would not hesitate to use force to protect his mother. In a highly symbolic gesture, he turns his back to the Buddha and walks away from Him. A junior monk tries to stop him but the senior monk says that Ashoka should be allowed to go and embark on his own journey to discover Dhamma.

Every soul has to make its own internal journey to discover its true self and purpose on earth. This is what the Buddha also said.

Ashoka has to learn on his own thru his own experiences - only then will he truly believe in Dhamma. The call for love, peace and compassion has to come from within to be heard. External sounds are often drowned in the cacophony of noises that prevail in our minds all the time.

Nice post Senior, thanks:)
history_geek thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: Kaana

Abhay, if convenient, possible to share some more details on the DhammaGhos policy of Ashoka please?

Ok Kaana.
Will post about this as well. Plz Wait for some time.

Kaana thumbnail
Fri episide - Worse CAS episode. CAS Chanakya was at his worst.

And what is Ashok's age now? My brother played the flying game with his 2yr daughter! They have made a fool of Bindusara. The intent was good but could have been rendered better. Especially not with a 21st century slipper in his hands. By the way would slipper react the same way as a fish- so much bubbles and struggle? Sorry, it's NR, anything possible :)

Happy Gudi Padwa, happy Ugadi friends!

history_geek thumbnail

Fri episide - Worse CAS episode. CAS Chanakya was at his worst.

And what is Ashok's age now? My brother played the flying game with his 2yr daughter! They have made a fool of Bindusara. The intent was good but could have been rendered better. Especially not with a 21st century slipper in his hands. By the way would slipper react the same way as a fish- so much bubbles and struggle? Sorry, it's NR, anything possible :)

Happy Gudi Padwa, happy Ugadi friends!

Kaana,

Happy Gudi Padwa , Ugadi, Nav Ratris, Nav Roz to you and all here.
There are many things to be celebrated. :)

Coming to episode...

I did not watch it again, but saw glimpse of a drunk Bindusara who was hallucinating before Ashoka, and Ashoka was quite happy watching Bindusara going round and round about him. I remember only this much..

But, reading you, i can sense, what more could have happened. Yes, it's NR of course, i have finally understood this, and i watch historicals now, as any other shows, and seldom complain.  :-P

But, what happened to Chanakya, i don't know. Ashoka is around 15+ now, i guess..In this manner, show is runnning some where in 289 BC. Though, we know, timelines are not followed here.

I miss the DoorDarshan series, they were not so big budget shows, but decent characterisation was present. :)

Kaana thumbnail
[QUOTE=history_geek]
Abhay, Bindusara hallucinating was Thu epi. Fri he fishes a slipper - the fishing scene intent was good, but portrayal was silly.

Anyway, let me do Radhika's job now. I will try to patiently pen what happened on Fri, my first such attempt, for you. However it wi only be a Jist, not that much patience you see:)
Chanakya and team follow the trail and reach Nirjara, we know who, only CAS C does not know still suspecting N. In a dramatic way Dharma makes her presence known by taking off the veil and few long minutes gone in Chanakya being shocked at the revelation -aaargh! Dharma narrates her escapade - which we all have already narrated. Dharma reacted less in her own terms for N as she jumped in to ask about Ashok and started crying for him. Upon knowing that Ashoka is safe at their home, she insists seeing him given his grief at her loss, which CAS C reluctantly agrees to. When RG queries about the risk in this decision CAS C says that D will see A, but A will not see D, which D overhears. CAS C also says that Ishwar has punished him for separating mother child and does not want to do this again saying no to D. I was fuming when I saw such a senti CAS C, even if he was CAS version. I repeat he can have a heart being ruthless still, but regretting an action which he consciously did for his Magadh is a torture to see of Chanakya. ofcourse I can understand that he is being painted white by rule of TV soaps, as portraying him as is may leave a black image, according to the PH which they are averting given their devotion for Chanakya!!! Now you know why above comment on this epi.

D declares herself as sister to Nirjara's sister, who is grieving for N and who was also part of the game alongwith N.

What CAS C could not figure, H could figure out. She catches C on her voodoo practice and as usual blackmails her, this first blackmail being sending Sushim to kill Ashoka. H also figured out Justin's mohabbat, though not aware that the N is the lady love.

Mir's behaviour brings in suspicion in the mind of the other general, who seem dedicated to King. CAS C suspects hand of Helena or Mir in D kshadyantra. He tells RG that a new Senapati dedicated to Magadh needs to be found.

B and Ashok have some good moments, where B trying get Ashok out of grief, who gets out only to go back leaving B grieved finally.

There it stands, the CAS version.
Edited by Kaana - 9 years ago
RadhikaS0 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Kaana
Pls don't embarrass me by calling me senior. Extending that, Abhay would be my senior ๐Ÿ˜† unless you meant age-wise !

I enjoy the show purely for entertainment. The CHanakya we want we will never get in CAS. I have understood this much now. 

The rest of the story is pure NR so why fret over a hallucinating B - high on the fruits of some plant, not drunk? 

Chill, enjoy the show and read Arthashastra / Ashoka vadana and other texts for your intellectual satisfaction. ๐Ÿ˜Š

You did a great job - much better than me - in providing the WU of Fri's epi ๐Ÿ‘ - I think you can carry on providing us the WU hence forth. ๐Ÿ˜›

Kaana thumbnail
I am watching Chandraprakash Dwivedi's Chanakya in Doordarshan. I enjoy it. Intro of Vishnu Gupta was very good. Sensible dialogues after a long time- how I wished CAS Dharma also watched this big along with me.

Kudos to this show - simple, to the point and sensible. Simple budget brings no draw back as it seem more realistic compared to the mess in the nog big budget. No OTTs, extra vamps and standard TV masala.

@Abhay, I suppose you were referring to this. It's absolutely refreshing.
history_geek thumbnail

I am watching Chandraprakash Dwivedi's Chanakya in Doordarshan. I enjoy it. Intro of Vishnu Gupta was very good. Sensible dialogues after a long time- how I wished CAS Dharma also watched this big along with me.

Kudos to this show - simple, to the point and sensible. Simple budget brings no draw back as it seem more realistic compared to the mess in the nog big budget. No OTTs, extra vamps and standard TV masala.

@Abhay, I suppose you were referring to this. It's absolutely refreshing.

Of course Kaana. That is the one i was talking about.
I knew you will enjoy the dialogues. I watched only some part of that.
In fact any of DoorDarshan Series will be better compared to present day in terms of "depiction".

I caught up with CAS yesterday. I only saw that scene where Dharma was overhearing the convo of Ashoka-Bindusara. And she runs away.

BTW, I caught hold of material on the topic you have asked.
Will post when possible for me. I find reading about these legends really interesting. :)

Kaana thumbnail
Abhay, you should watch this show completely. You would enjoy the authenticity there. And definitely a worth than the shows shown now.

As I had shared with Sandhya in another forum, This is the best watched historical show for me, other two being the Ramayana and Mahabharat shows by Sagar and Chopra (not the 2014 Mahabharat where also there was an influence of hero/ heroine at the cost of others - it was an unfair projection of Draupadi and Arjun in my view at the cost of other Pandavas and hence was not interested in watching the show).

It was authentic, close to the Chanakya we know from history. And a big relief no heroines, kitchen politics and melodrama. It is a to the point show. It does have logical flaws, dragging in the second half etc, which is obviously glaring to a person like me as you know, but I could easily waive them off in the overall scheme of things - a content rich, historical authenticity. These did not push me to fume and lament. I could still enjoy a satisfying show.

I wonder what the PHs of JA, CAS would have done to Chanakya - surely married him off and illogical bhaashans by his wife and thereby a confused Chanakya! Thank God for small mercies!

Maybe will share some thoughts on the show time permitting in your Chanakya thread.

Happy Sri Rama Navami to you and all my friends here.
ayushimehra thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: history_geek

Of course Kaana. That is the one i was talking about.
I knew you will enjoy the dialogues. I watched only some part of that.
In fact any of DoorDarshan Series will be better compared to present day in terms of "depiction".

I caught up with CAS yesterday. I only saw that scene where Dharma was overhearing the convo of Ashoka-Bindusara. And she runs away.

BTW, I caught hold of material on the topic you have asked.
Will post when possible for me. I find reading about these legends really interesting. :)

Hi Abhay, Kanna,

is these days, Chanakya telecasting, on Door-Darshan, if yes, which day, which time,