Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Women are the stronger beings: Amitabh Bachchan

touch_of_pink thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 9 years ago

Women are the stronger beings: Amitabh Bachchan

By IANS |Posted 08-Mar-2015
 New 0 0 0 0

Amid discussions on women's safety in India, cinestar Amitabh Bachchan, who is the UN ambassador for the Girl Child, has demanded "respect of equality" for the "stronger beings".

"Women power! Women must have the respect of equality...they are the stronger beings...when they prosper, society prospers, mankind (and I use this word specifically to address the menfolk, as opposed to womenkind in other references) can and shall only exist with them, not without," Big B posted on his blog on Friday.

His words, penned on the night of the festival of Holi, flowed when he mentioned 'Lathmar Holi', practiced in "many parts of the northern states".

"In many parts of the Northern States - UP and Rajasthan - the day invites women to abuse and beat the men, in the special HOLI termed 'Lath Holi'. Lath' is a stick or a wooden column, or stave...a danda' that the women use to beat the men with, a flagellation of sorts...and the men must bear it all without any retaliation.

"It is the day reserved for the womenfolk...to pay back as it were, to secure themselves in the abandon of authority and sublimation," added the 72-year-old.

- See more at: http://www.mid-day.com/articles/women-are-the-stronger-beings-amitabh-bachchan/16044151#sthash.WvusnJ8a.dpuf

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Cutiepie_Rani thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
I love Abhi's status:

Son of a beautiful mother, husband of a beautiful wife, brother of a beautiful sister and proud father of a beautiful daughter!!! I celebrate them and thank God for them everyday. As we all should!

atominis thumbnail
Nonsense.

Whole world knows how he stopped Jaya from working after marriage. Once on a TV show he said to Shweta, that she was just living in reflected glory. He had complimented Aishwarya saying she was "domesticated".

He might behave like a gentleman but his thinking is totally patriarchal.

So much for his musings on women!
Baarish. thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: Cutiepie Rani

I love Abhi's status:

Son of a beautiful mother, husband of a beautiful wife, brother of a beautiful sister and proud father of a beautiful daughter!!! I celebrate them and thank God for them everyday. As we all should!

Aww
Abhi may not be a very popular actor and stuff but I really like him as a person. 😳
firework thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Funny how they speak up on women's day... The rest of the year they are silent. ðŸ˜†
Atomicbomb thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
That's true. When women prosper society prospers 

What needs to be done is addressing the people living in poverty that are continually reproducing and unable to sustain. These women are facing the worst. 

This gap between rich, middle, poor classes is just going to getting larger. 

Society will never prosper unless the poor are addressed. 

Population control and an even distribution of jobs and education. 

Edited by Atomicbomb - 9 years ago
atominis thumbnail
Originally posted by: Cutiepie Rani

I love Abhi's status:

All women deserve respect whether they are one's daughters, wives, mothers, sisters or not.
return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Benevolent sexism.

Ab Jr. though is a far more likeable person than his father. He seems more grounded and rounded.
Atomicbomb thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: atominis

All women deserve respect whether they are one's daughters, wives, mothers, sisters or not.

Women deserve the same respect as Men. Equal.