Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

LiveYourDream thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago
i totally disagree when someone says she was not forgiving. She forgave her sons' murderer...how much more forgiving can a person be?!
Yes she was very forthright, called a spade a spade and that would have rubbed people the wrong way. She was a very strong personality and unbending and  people would have had a problem with that for sure. She had clear cut ideas about what was wrong and what was right ...and where every other character had so many shades of grey she would have stood out like a sore thumb causing envy and aggravation
No one likes a strong person especially when you are weak in comparison and that was her cross to bear
Edited by LiveYourDream - 9 years ago
AnuMP thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Amrita and Mamtha
I totally think she was forgiving and because of that I agree with AC's theory that she wanted the war to bring down the power structure. IMO, when we say that she wanted war for vengeance we minimize her as a human being. We assume that she cannot possibly have been thinking of something as lofty as Samaaj kalyan. I love that series man. Finally an MB book which treated Panchali as the hero as she was and not like a moony teenager or vengeful virago. Actually, Krishna the God who lived as Man, was also very good; though it was more of an emotional journey instead of a story.

Arijit bhai

I read that interview. Some people are just monsters. 
Edited by AnuMP - 9 years ago
LiveYourDream thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
She was the one person who was willing and finally did sacrifice the most to establish a better society and no one can take that credit away from her whatever be her 'flaws'
Arijit007 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
hmm, intriguing idea, the old power structure of the aryavarta had turned rotten and draupadi became the reason of it's destruction and construction of the new power structure.
Arijit007 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
as for the new age kauravas who killed nirbhayaa, they deserve no kindness, their comments and remorseless attitude proves that they deserve what bheem did to the real kauravas.
amritat thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: AnuMP

Amrita and Mamtha

I totally think she was forgiving and because of that I agree with AC's theory that she wanted the war to bring down the power structure. IMO, when we say that she wanted war for vengeance we minimize her as a human being. We assume that she cannot possibly have been thinking of something as lofty as Samaaj kalyan. I love that series man. Finally an MB book which treated Panchali as the hero as she was and not like a moony teenager or vengeful virago. Actually, Krishna the God who lived as Man, was also very good; though it was more of an emotional journey instead of a story.

Arijit bhai

I read that interview. Some people are just monsters.

Whether Draupadi was forgiving or not is quite a debatable topic...
The problem is that Draupadi had been afflicted with kind of miseries that are very difficult to forgive...
If we place ourselves in her place, can we ever forgive a dewar like Dushasen or someone like Keechak or Jaydrath?
Certainly not.
So, if seen that way, she had every right to not forgive...
But she wae wronged so many times, n she had to ask for justice so many times, that an unforgiving image of hers has been carved in the mindset of the people...

Does anyone ever say that Sita was unforgiving or vengeful?No.
I have very less knowledge of Ramayan, but from wat I know, at some point, even she wanted her husband to rescue her n punish her tormenter...Is it any different from wat Draupadi wanted?
It's just that Draupadi was attacked so many times...again n again, which led to Draupadi asking for justice again n again n thus it seems as if she was vengeful n bloodthirsty by nature...

As for her forgiving Ashwathama...I think that is one of the greatest acts of hers...Although his gem was taken away, his life was spared, n she eventually let go off her vow...After losing her father, brothers, sons n almost everyone dear to her, wat could she gain by getting Ashwathama killed? 😭 Edited by amritat - 9 years ago
amritat thumbnail

Originally posted by: Arijit007

as for the new age kauravas who killed nirbhayaa, they deserve no kindness, their comments and remorseless attitude proves that they deserve what bheem did to the real kauravas.

We need Bhima to reincarnate n tear off the limbs of such monsters... 😡
AnuMP thumbnail
Amrita
What is there to debate about on J and Ashwi? She did forgive them. K she tried utmost to negotiate with. Whether or not WE find the injustices unforgivable is immaterial, SHE did forgive them (Yudhi forgave J, but we don't see her objecting)

That's why I keep saying she wanted war for other reasons. The Kauravas' sin was not as bad as J's or K's or Ashwi's. 

Arijit bhai, I think she actually wanted the rotten power structure to come down and was not just the reason.
Edited by AnuMP - 9 years ago
amritat thumbnail

Originally posted by: AnuMP

Amrita

What is there to debate about on J and Ashwi? She did forgive them. K she tried utmost to negotiate with. Whether or not WE find the injustices unforgivable is immaterial, SHE did forgive them (Yudhi forgave J, but we don't see her objecting)

That's why I keep saying she wanted war for other reasons. The Kauravas' sin was not as bad as J's or K's or Ashwi's.

Arijit bhai, I think she actually wanted the rotten power structure to come down and was not just the reason.

As for Ashwathama...there were many who believe it was not exactly forgiving...
Remember, there was a similar discussion before?
Someof us certainly believe it was nothing short of forgiving...but many disagree...

AnuMP thumbnail
Will post the Ashwi citation. SHE very clearly says let him go.