Kitani Mohabbat Hai - 2

Arjuhi OS#27: Koi Mujh Ko Yun Mila Hai (Completed)

..oneOone.. thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 9 years ago
Koi Mujh Ko Yun Mila Hai
OS | 27

New Os...writing it
Its just for Sam aka Sameera and Anu aka Laddoo...
Their belated birthday GIFT🤗

Jise zindagi dhoondh rahi hai
Kya ye woh makaam mera hai
Yahaan chain se bas ruk jaaun
Kyun dil ye mujhe kehta hai
Jazbaat naye se mile hain
Jaane kya asar ye huaa hai
Ik aas mili phir mujhko
Jo qubool kisi ne kiya hai

He was sitting on the huge stairs infront of Court building that just has finalized his divorce. A divorce from a marriage that he wanted to keep.

Damn, he loved his wife.

Prakriti was the first woman he ever loved in his life beside his mother and sister. But unfortunately, that same mother and sister didn't respect his love.

The weather was windy and dark clouds had already covered the sky, not letting the sunshine fall on any person blow. The gloomy weather was reflecting the state of his own heart.

He turned his face to look at a couple who was walking down the same stairs, he was sitting on.

They were looking so good together. The man was handsome with small beard, wearing coat and the women was looking sophisticated in a sky blue churidar. Her hairs were open. She wasn't so fair but good enough to get attracted to. Right in the middle, the girl stopped that made the man turn.

"I think...from here now, we should part our ways Rajat". The seriousness in her voice totally depicted the hurt she was going through. Rajat sighed and nodded with a crestfallen look. Arjun was shocked to hear that.

The couple whom he was just admiring a moment back, were actually broken.

"I think its time..." he gave a last look to her before again looking down.

"I...I am sorry for the pain I caused you Arohi...I shouldn't have..." But the girl raised her hand in the air, stopping him in between. Arjun was not an intruder but he was just curious to hear what has happened.

"Their is no need for sorry Rajat...As I don't have anything to give you...not even forgiveness" She said point blank making him feel more remorseful.

"I understand" *PAUSE* "It was nice meeting you Arohi...knowing you..." In reply she gave a sarcastic smile.

"I wish you have known me really...but alas! I can't say it was nice meeting you...and I hope, I don't get to see you ever again". Rajat nodded and turned away but was stop by girl's voice. He turned back with a slight hope only to see her holding her mangalsutra in a stretched out hand.

"That was your first gift to.me Rajat...I hope its the last thing I have of you to return...I don't want our paths to ever cross again." She said angrily that just made Rajat hold it, give a last glance and go away...Far away from her view, life.

Arjun eyes were fixed on the girl who was looking at the retreating back of the man, she has just so politely insulted. Her expressions were of a person who was deeply torn and it showed just few seconds later as she helplessly sat down on the stairs, looking blankly ahead for a moment before tears blurred her vision.

Arjun witnessed a strong looking woman, he was admiring a moment back, breaking so badly that his own eyes teared up.

She covered her face with the palms, letting her pain get out of her system.

The heart wrenching scene shook him. Forgetting his own pain, he checked his pant pockets for a tissue paper. Taking it out, he thought for a moment before he gave the lady one glance and get up.

"Excuse me..." Arohi looked up with her grief filled eyes to see a stranger looking down at her, a hand stretched out with a tissue paper. Her eyes once again rose up in question.

"I...I don't think you should cry in such a public place...People only feel pity for you... Grieve should only be subjected to loneliness." He told her as well as himself.

Arohi looked at him for a moment. His own misty eyes were telling a totally different story. She hesitantly move forward her fingers and grasped the tissue.

The hands brushed and as if the above one had planned, the first drops of rain fell on there hands as if bringing them together.

Arohi got up looking at the sky to see the light drizzle which was turning fast with each second and rushed up the stairs to get the protected roof of the court building. Arjun followed the suit and run behind her to save himself from the rain.

-----------------------

She was stilling down on the pillar support as their was no other place to sit. Arjun was still standing close looking at the fast pouring rain which hasn't dull a bit in the last half an hour.

"Seems like this sky is too crying over the relationships which started so beautifully and ended so..." He left the word 'miserably' hanging in the air. He knew as much as he was in pain, Prakriti was too but he can't go back to her and clear the whole mess. She had made it clear that no matter what he do, she wont trust him ever again.

"Trust me...I will make them understand...I will clear this matter" He had told her one day, keeping his hands on her shoulders, promising her with his eyes but then he had failed when again his mother humiliated Prakriti in her friend's circle. That was the first day when she regretted falling in love with a man who can't protect her.

"You too got divorced". Arohi's word brought him out from his thought and with a heavy head, he nodded.

"Was it a love marriage that you had?" She again questioned to see him nod.

"Than why it ended...?" He took a deep sigh looking ahead.

"Cause of my family...And your's...why your marriage ended?"

She shook her head and looking at the rain murmured. "Cause of his family..." Her hands brushed eachother to keep her warm. The chilly air in the rain was making her shiver.

Silence again took over them till next 10 minutes. As the rain again turned to a drizzle, he decided to leave but their was something in that stranger that was attracting him to her.

Arohi noticed his gaze and looked at him only to see him flinch.

"I...I think we should leave now or the rain will again start...where do you live?" He asked out of courtesy.

She gave him a look before getting up, smoothing her dress and covering up her head with the dupatta, replied

"It's not that far away...I can take a rickshaw" She said but somewhere, Arjun was feeling protected for this girl.

"I can drop you off...I mean...I have my car"

Arohi just shook her head.

"From my marriage, atleast one thing that I have learned is that a girl should not always depend on a man...This time, I have to find my destiny on my own"

Saying so, she gave him a resigning nod and ran down the stairs which were still having water puddles.

Arjun kept on watching her running down, using her dupatta as a shield to cover herself from the pouring rain drops...Giving a hand to an Auto, she inquired him a bit before getting in.

"This time, I have to find my destiny on my own" Her words kept on ringing in his ears.

If being a woman, for whom getting Divorce is such a nerve wrecking thing, still can act so strong...Than why should he accept defeat infront of the social norms created by his family. Why should he not act on the decisions that he wants to take?

The girl left the Court Premises but has left him with some very inquisitive thoughts that were about to change his life.

-------------------

Haan..
Kisi shaayar ki ghazal
Jo de rooh ko sukoon ke pal
Koi mujhko yun mila hai
Jaise banjaare ko ghar
Naye mausam ki sehar
Yaa sard mein dopahar
Koi mujhko yun mila hai
Jaise banjare ko ghar
Hmm...

3 months later

Arjun woke up with the alarm ring...His suit that was pressed last night by him, was hanging on the closet. He silently took it and went to have his bath.

Later on, while making his tie, he gave a precise look to the studio apartment that he was staying in after getting separated from his mother and sister. He remembered that how he get back home after his divorce was finalized and was received by his mother, who was sitting with some guests. On inquiring, he got to know that that's her mother friend along with her daughter to whom his mother precisely want to make her daughter-in-law.

Furious that he was, he went out to greet them and after formalities, clearly told them. "If you want your daughter to end up with a broken marriage and a divorced status, than you are more than welcome in this house...Cause my mom and Rashi will make sure to find out minor to minor flaws in your daughter and then showcase them infront of her friends...Now...you can decide"  His mother was glaring at the audacity with which he said all that while her friend and friend's daughter was gaping at them with open mouth.

Arjun refused to take notice of anything else and after getting back to his room, opened a hand carry, put on few of his clothes and left the house simply. His mother and sister were kept on shouting at his back but dare he had listened.

That girl voice has provided him strength that day. First time, he went against his family and did what he wanted. He knew, he will find his destiny on his own too.

Sighing, he took hold of his office bag, put the dirty clothes in automatic washing machine and after switching it on, left for his office.

Jaise koi kinaara
Deta ho sahaara
Mujhe wo mila kisi mod par
Koi raat ka taara
Karta ho ujaala
Waise hi roshan kare woh shehar

Pushing the wisp of her hairs behind, she entered the huge building infront, praying silently to get this job with a better salary. It was her 14th interview in the last 3 month. She was finalized in few places but the salary package was too low when considered with the amount of work that was needed from her. So she thought that her current job as a school teacher in the morning and the orphanage's caretaker in evening was paying her much better beside keeping her mind busy. But the few friends she had made over the months has forced her to go and give interviews as she was much more capable from what she was doing.

Taking her seat beside few other candidates, she waited till she was called in. The interview went much better than she had expected and her MBA in HR turned out to be just the plus point needed for the job. She was hired with a even better salary than she had thought. Also she was given accommodation that she had to share with two other girls which was fine by her. As long as she has a roof over her head and a steady job in a renowned company, she was fine.

Getting out from the room, she gave one big satisfactory smile when right then she spotted a familiar face moving towards the room, she just exit.

Holding the file, he was deeply looking into it when he felt someone gaze on himself. Stopping, he looked up and found that same pair of eyes which has haunted him in the last few months. Those eyes, which provided him strength and determination to do something right with his life.

He stopped and after a moment, gave a weak smile but couldn't go and greet her as he was called in by his employer.

Dard mere woh bhula hi gayaa
Kuch aisa asar huaa
Jeena mujhe phir se woh sikha raha

Finally, it was the 5th day of her joining the office, when he went ahead and greet her. Before, he wasn't sure that she was just a visitor or she was hired but 2nd day, he saw her working in the HR department when he went in to check with some issues. He was informed that she is the new hired HR manager's assistant named Arohi Alhuwalia. He was hesitant at first as how he should start a talk and even if its right to make the first move. She can take it wrongly, thinking that he was trying to make a move but then, he couldn't stop himself. After admiring her dedication for work till few days, he finally stepped towards her in the lunch area of employees.

Prajakta aka Pari, who was the chatterbox and has developed a friendly bond with Arohi right in few days, welcome Arjun to sit with themselves and introduced him with Arohi.

"Hi" Arohi said with a stretched smile. Arjun replied in the same way.

"You know Arohi, Arjun is working as our Finance manager from last 6 years..." Arohi nodded silently while taking a spoon full of rice.

Arjun looked at her expectantly that she will say something but she kept quiet. Prajakta gave a look to both of them. Arohi was an introvert but still she had been a welcoming person with the co-employers either male or female but with Arjun, she kept himself mum.

For her, he was one person who knew a bit about his past life which she doesn't want to discuss with anyone in this new life she has started. She doesn't want any taunts or pity looks from anyone on knowing about her divorce. For her, Arjun was a danger, she was afraid off.

Pari let the silence prevail for a moment as she eat her noodles and pass looks from Arjun to Arohi before speaking up.

"Aaa...Arohi...We all colleagues are planing a day out this sunday to this nearby Mall to do some bowling and later catching up on lunch...Will you too come with us, Please?" Pari requested her with pleading eyes.

Arohi opened her mouth while scratching her cheek. She so wanted to reject this offer, saying that she is not that much of a outing lover but than she just straight cant say no. Arohi observed Pari noticing the silent awkward glances between her and Arjun and she knew, if she just refused, Pari might can think that it is cause of Arjun. So to avoid, Arohi nodded along with "For sure...Just tell me the location"

Pari smiled broadly and then looked at Arjun before giving a sigh.

"Ahh...I hope you are not going to say 'NO' atleast this time Arjun" That brought out Arjun from his revery of looking at Arohi before he forced his lips in a smile.

"Of course not...I can be good at times with you little devil to agree right at the first request"

Pari whooped in happiness. If nothing else, Parajakta always loved Arjun as a big brother and had forced him many times to get out and join these small outings so he can get over with his divorce.

Arjun looked at the happy girl infront and smiled.

"I wish, Rashi would have been like you Pari..." He hoped and then sighing, get up making an excuse of his work and left.

"This time, its turned out easier than I thought" Pari mumbled, making Arohi wonder.

"Why?...I...I mean who wouldn't like hanging out with friends after a whole week of work" She made up a question only to get heard by Pari how Arjun has self absorbed himself in his work after his divorce that he hardly ever agrees and when he does, its after a dozens pleading requests by her.

For Arohi, this was strange. Being a man who can smoothly blame all the wrongs on the GIRL for a breaking marriage and can move forward with another woman, he was surly a keeper. A keeper with his memories, moments of his past.

Hmm.. Jaise baarish kar de tar
Yaa marham dard par
Koi mujhko yun mila hai
Jaise banjare ko ghar
Naye mausam ki sehar
Yaa sard mein dopahar
Koi mujhko yun mila hai
Jaise banjaare ko ghar

Three days later, Arohi was sitting on a comfy chair of the bowling lounge, watching her newly made friends and colleagues playing the game. Few jumped on the strikes while other groaned on being not able to hit the last bottle.

She watched and smiled seeing Pari and Ruchi, another colleagues from the company, loosing miserably from two male colleagues. The girls challenged boys and were on edge to hide heir face behind the palms when Arjun joined them and played numerous strikes, helping them level up the scores.

"He is a nice man" That was the first good thought Arohi has of Arjun now. From the untrusted stranger she met on he first day, she knew now that he can be trusted.

Arjun saw her lost and came near her with the excuse of a drink before he settled on the next sofa beside her. He sipped slowly while watching the match going on infront.

"It's always feel good to see your friends winning and happy"

"Yes, it does" Arohi replied without turning her face to look at him.

Arjun gave her a look before again turning his focus back on the game infront as he slowly sipped his cola.

"With the passage of time after being hurt...You slowly start to find your happiness in other's happiness...as for you, you think that the doors of happiness had been closed...So you serach for people who are willing to share their smiles with you and you can share your tears with them...No doubt, true friends are the best persons which do this"

He put forward a theory of life, he had learned.

Arohi could not do much but agreed to him silently.

They both have same kind of past. Circumstances, still unknown but the consequences looking same.

"As much as you start finding your happiness in others, you also start to untrust people"

She said, making him look at herself.

He read her eyes, analyzed her words. His lips stretched into thinking before he wet them with the tip of his lips and replied

"True...Trusting people surly becomes an issue..."

Arohi nodded and leaned back into her seat with a sigh.

"Look, I will really like to be straight with my words here...Right now, I am trying to make my own identity...An identity with which no one has anything ever to do...Nor my parents, not my ex-in laws and surly not my ex-husband. So I will really appreciate if you keep that story as a secret with yourself. I don't want anyone's pity nor taunts. I just want to know what I am truly capable off to do without any support...And I hope, I can count on you to not mess up my progress with any revelation of my broken marriage."

She said in a desperate tone, making him know how much does this means to her.

Proving herself worth-ful.

Worthful of success, happiness, life, care, support and LOVE.

Arjun, who was taking her as a strong woman, just got to realize that somewhere, she was broken. Somewhere, she was afraid.

And Yes, he too was.

Of Rejection, Of being Unsuccessful, Of being a loser.

He took a deep breath and said the one line, he said earlier but couldn't keep up. But this time, he will make sure to not let someone down, who even if tiny bit, but trusts him with his words.

"Trust me Arohi...I wont tell a single soul till you won't...That's a Promise"

He knew a bit how people words effect you after a divorce and he doesn't want her to bear that wrath.

----------------------------

Muskaata yeh chehra
Deta hai jo pehraa
Jaane chhupata kya dil ka samandar
Auron ko toh hardam saaya deta hai
Woh dhoop mein hai khada khud magar

It was almost three weeks to the discussion. Arohi has comfortably settled herself with the job and was loving this outwards experience.

Arjun on the other hand stood away and watched her coming back to life. The chatterbox girls Pari and Ruchi were so livly that Arohi wasn't left with a choice other than to merge in and talk. She was smiling, laughing, enjoying the colors of life. And that was somewhere making Arjun happy.

If not he, atleast she is coming out from that revere of past thoughts and was turning her life in a positive direction.

But still some days, he will find her sad and lost.

She was a mirror image of his own state. The only difference was that she was a woman, strong and on her way to find her confidence. While he was a man, weak and demoralized.

He would feel ashamed of himself sometimes. He would chide himself the other times for being such a silly moron who was played like a puppet by his own family.

It was one evening, when Arjun was about to leave the office. He found the peon of their office Rakesh crying miserably infront of Arohi. The whole office was empty leaving them three in and that cause Arjun to had that protective streak for Arohi.

He took few steps ahead towards the duo when he found Arohi taking out few notes from her bag and handing it over to him.

"Thank you Maam...Thank you so much" Rakesh said and left.

Arohi took a deep breath at Rakesh's back when she heard a voice from nearby.

"Why just you gave him money?" He questioned.

"He needed it...He said that his wife is in hospital...n he is not having much money to pay for medication...So I just did a little help"

Arjun rubbed his forehead in aggression.

"This is getting out of hand now" He murmured.

"What?" Arohi looked at him with a confused look.

"Look Arohi...Here, their are many people who take advantage of someone's post or high scale salary...Rakesh has already been warned once by the company as he took 10000Rs from an employee making an excuse of his daughter's admission in school and right that night, one of our watchman found him enjoying shots with few of his friends..."

Arohi bit her lower lip before replying.

"May be that was a one time thing... As far as I could see, he was having real tears"

She argued.

"That's cause he can act well" He counter argued.

She kept quit in response for a few seconds before replying.

"You have heard that story of the lair shepherd... May be just like him, Rakesh is also telling the truth that no one is ready to believe"

Uff...after having a long day at work, Arjun was now starting to have an headache hearing her logics. Cons of staying in the company of the chatterboxes, that now, the woman of few words from before was turning out to be a debater.

"Ok...Leave it...I am off to home...Should I drop you on my way?" He questioned.

But just like earlier, she refused him straight away.

"No...The company has arranged for my convince...It must be on its way to pick me up" She said gathering up her things.

Arjun took a deep sigh. This woman was making him crazy.

"Ok...Atleast I can wait downstairs with you till it comes" He said almost in a orderly tone...telling her that he is not asking this time.

She pursed her lips and nodded as they both get into the lift and came to down floor.

Walking across him, Arohi felt something strange within herself...She felt kind of secure...a bit of excited and a whole lot nervous. The trust that had already build up in her heart for him, was now looking like just trust and friendship anymore...

Getting out from the glass doors, Arjun held it open for her and greeted the watchman who just arrived at his night time duty.

The weather was windy. The darkness of the night was put more in darkness by the dark clouds covering the sky.

Arjun looked around for the Van that should be coming to pick Arohi up but it wasn't in sight. He turned to look at her only to find her descending down the 5 stairs infront and wonder whats up with her.

"Hey...where are you going?" He asked as a strong stroke of wind hit his body.

"Umm...the van picks me up from near the gate...So I will wait there"

She replied without turning, afraid that her face might express something she isn't aware herself of. How could she explains him that standing along with him was making her self conscious. She wanted to rush away from there, from so close to him.

Chot lagi hai usey,
Phir kyun mehsoos mujhe ho raha hai
Dil tu bata de kya hai iraada tera

Taking quick steps, she moved ahead only to come stop as he held her hand and pulled her back.

"Are you insane? Standing there alone in such darkness...Do you think its safe?" He almost shouted at her, making her shiver under his gaze.

"I...I can manage...I don't wanna be depend on..." She whispered back.

"Uff...Again the stupid logic" He whispered...but then didn't dare hearing her anymore, pulled her with himself back to the entrance of building.

Arohi was shocked with the authority he was showing on her and was in a trance, when the sudden pull made her off balance and stumble on her feet.

"Ahhh..." She cried as she was about to fall. Her feet was twisted badly which was adoring a 3 inch heeled shoe.

Arjun quickly turned to her to see what happened and on seeing her in pain, he cringed.

"Arohi...Are...Are you ok?" He asked putting his other hand from behind her on her waist only to provide her his strength.

"Oh Maa..." She winced in pain.

"I am so sorry Arohi...Damn...So So sorry"

He kept on saying while making her move towards the stairs. She sat down on the 2nd one, still wincing.

Arjun felt himself like a criminal just for causing her pain. Tears were their in her eyes but were not spilled.

He bent down near her foot and took off the white shoe, she was wearing, making her took a rasp breath.

"Ar...Arjun...What are you doing?" She questioned with nervousness.

"Just looking if their is swelling..." He replied not looking once up at her. His whole focus was her feet right now.

Arohi looked at him with widened eyes as his fingers, who were used to work on keyboards, were now expertly taking in the details of her foot. Unknown from what his fingers were doing to the poor broken heart of the girl in concern.

"Arjun...Leave it...It's ok..." She tried to push him away by pulling her leg up.

Arjun left it hesitantly, feeling her uncomfortable and straightened up the next second with a composed face.

"You stay here...I will just bring my car from the parking and then, I am dropping you off...OK..." He once again commanded her.

"But..."

"No buts...That's the least I can do for causing you this pain" He said with a tone of finality, leaving her with no other choice but to nod.

A minute later, he was beside her with his small dark blue eone. He helped her getting in, and after getting the location of her apartment, he started the ignition.

----------------------------------

Arohi entered the office a bit earlier than usual. Her eyes involuntary fell on his glass cabin that was right at the end but right now was empty.

Putting her things away, she switched on the desktop and crossing her hands under her chin, started to think of the few recent past memories.

It's been a week since that incident. On the drive back home, Arjun was too concious to drive carefully so her foot will not get any bumps that could cause pain.

Though, it was a stupid thing...but was a sweet thought.

She remembered happily.

One of his department lady, Shruti was Arohi's room-mate in the ladies hostel, where the accomodation was provided to them by the company. Arjun had called her down and again and again instructed Shruti to be careful while taking her up.

Though it was his guilt speaking up, but Arohi somehow loved the way he sounded.

It was after months when someone was actually caring for her, was concern for him.

But that wasn't the end of his concern.

Next morning, when she came down from her building, she was left awe strucked. Leaning against the Eone was Arjun Singhania, dressed up nicely in his black suit with a light peach shirt underneath, waiting for her.

If that wasn't enough, the smile that beautifully graced his dimpled face was enough to make her swoon and light up her day.

Again, before she could argue out of habit with him, he clearly shut her up with just his one statement.

"Let me make up for the pain, I caused you..."

It wasn't just the statement, it was the way he had took that statement so seriously the whole two next days. She was provided with everything on her place by him and later on, he helped her filling up as he did all the walk and put away part while she just attached the papers inside. The lunch was also served to her on her very own desk where he joinned her along with Shruti and her another room-mate, Akriti.

It was the first time, someone actually tried to make up with her for the mistakes that they caused. He hadn't said sorry again but his each gesture did say it loud and clearly. And it surly, moved her heart.

"I don't know what is it about you that attracts me Arjun...But attracted I am"

She confessed herself.

Soon everyone started to get in the office making her focus her attention back to work. The colleagues greeted her on the way to which she replied but her eyes keep  on drifting towards his seat which was still empty.

Till 11am, when he still doesn't show up, she had started to get worried.

"Why is he not here yet?" Her mind asked.

But she couldn't say the words out loud fearing that someone can mislead her concern. Damn! they haven't even exchanged numbers till now or else she would have asked him.

Wondering, anxious, she kept on doing her work till it was break time.

And then she heard it.

"Pari...When will you be ready to go to Arjun sir's place...I will to come to with you" Ruchi started the topic.

Hearing Arjun's name, Arohi was on alert but she had to hide her expressions in order to not let anything spill out.

"I will go straight from office...by 5pm...Arohi, will you like to come?" Pari offered and that was the chance, Arohi was looking up to.

"Why? What happened to him?" Arohi questioned casually after taking a bite of her instant noodles.

"Oh..You don't know...He is having some Viral fever...I feel so bad yaar at times...After his divorce, he shifted out from his house to this studio apartment and now, their is no one to take care of him..." Pari said dejectedly.

"hmmm... ok, I will go with you" Arohi volunteered as the next round of discussion went on as what should they took for him.

But somewhere in between all these chaos, Arohi felt a little low. He is alone their, suffering, in pain and no one to look after by.

----------------------------

*Sneeze* Stretching his hand out from the quilt, he took out a tissue paper from the box, placed on the side table and wiped his nose.

His body was burning like he was laying on coals. His running nose was of no help either.

Damn! Why I had to get drenched in the rain last night? He wondered and cursed himself.

But then, the rain was the only thing that had provided him solace last night.

He was in deep slumber, having one of the sweetest dreams. She was walking towards him with a shy smile on her face. A smile, that he hadn't witnessed otherwise. A smile he want to capture forever in his mind and put on her lips.

She came closer and had moved her perfectly thin fingers over his face, caressing his skin with a feather light touch. The sensations he felt had made him close his eyes in pleasure and once he opened them, he was greeted with the darkness of the night with rain falling softly onto the marble floor of his balcony.

It was a dream. He had realized a moment later. But why a dream? Was the next question on his lips.

"Why I had a dream of her and me? Why her closeness, even in there was effecting me like nothing else? Why she was effecting him anyway?

He thought but then once again was brought out from his thoughtful ride by the Cham-Cham voice of the rain.

The first thing that symbolize their meeting and made it eventful.

"Arohi" Her name vibrated on his thick lips as a prayer. He doesn't remember when he get off the bed and when he walked out in the rain barefooted...He only remembered that he was out, standing in rain with his open arms as if engulfing her in a hug, welcoming her in his protective hold.

After the rain subsided, he shook his head letting the rain beads falling off his hairs and smiled ruefully. "Love isn't one of your best traits"

He told himself and get inside. Changing into another suit, he just put the clothes in automatic washing machine while he fell back into the bed, submitting himself to a sleepless night.

It was the sunlight, his eyes witnessed lastly when they took him back to his sleep and later on when he woke up, it was way past 9am. Stunned, he tried to get out from the bed but was fell back due to a strong wave of dizziness.

He felt his body breaking inch by inch. He shivered as the cold wind from the opened window touched his now uncovered body. Touching his forehead, he realized the fever and cursed.

Not feeling compatible to get to office, he took hold of his mobile and message his friend in finance department about his absence and its reason who replied immediately with a get well soon.

It was around 6 now. He hasn't eaten anything from morning beside taking an advil. He was feeling too lazy to get up and order something or to make something light for his hungry stomach.

The bell rang, making him moan in pain and frustration. Who is here now? He thought and get up finally when the bell rang for the 3rd time.

"Hello Bhai...What has happened to you?" Pari said as she and Ruchi who were standing infront, gave him concerned looks.

"Nothing yaar...Just having a blasting fever" He turned and went back to his bed, submitting himself to its warmth.

Pari and Ruchi used to come before in his home too as he was the one who had guided them many times in their internship period. He would tell them how to make slides and presentations, how they need to collect data from the internet. He always treated them both like his sisters and so in return they treat him like a brother. They were the ones who helped him get settled in this apartment and renovated it little with their sweet ideas.

Their was no restriction or conditions between these three.

Arjun covered up his face with the quilt, feeling too cold when Pari took out another blanket from a closet and put that over him.

"Are you ok?" She asked and Arjun only replied with a hmm...

"Ruchi has brought some instant soup sachets for you...Which one you will like right now?" Pari questioned next, knowing that he should have some light food right now.

"Corn soup" He murmured.

"Ok...Ruchi...Corn soup for bhai...Arohi...will you like some soup?" Pari asked next, making Arjun took of the blanket from his face and look at her.

He didn't saw her coming in with them or he might just have not seen clearly, but seeing her sitting across him on a chair, looking at him with those doe eyes full of concern, made his feel a sense of peacefulness,

"Bhai...What happened?" Pari asked with concern, seeing him putting off his blanket.

"Nothing...Its...Its still too cold...and I am hungry...too much" He said that quickly get the girls come on track.

While Pari took out another thick quilt out from his closet, Ruchi poured the soup.

Arohi kept quiet as she silently observed him while he in return was looking at her with those inquisitive eyes which seems to be bore in her body.

She ignored, diverted her attention to the girls but he kept on stealing glances of her. Why she cared to come and see him? Does she get affected by him? Or is it just a mere concern for a colleague?

He wondered, but didn't dare ask it out infront of the other two girls.

They made him had his meal and medicines...and after spending sometime, left along with Arohi wishing him Get Well Soon

Main parinda besabar
Tha uda jo darbadar
Koi mujhko yun mila hai
Jaise banjarey ko ghar

She was standing infront of his apartment door, fidgeting with her fingers, thinking either she should knock or no. She wasn't as frank to him as Pari and Ruchi were but then, he was ill. He had helped her earlier when she got that sprain in the foot.

"It's just a payback" She told herself, ignoring the voice of her heart who was sincerely worried for him...

Hearing the bell, Arjun groaned.

He seriously wasn't in any mood of company right now and the headache was more likely killing him. "Whoever it is will go back on having no response" He thought and snuggled more deeply into the duvet. The ring occurred two more times before he heard a faint voice.

"Arjun".

He threw off his duvet the next instant before he could thought more clearly, he heard the voice again.

"Arjun...Are you alright?"

This time the door was patted a bit more loudly but ignoring the bash, his ears were fixed on the voice which he knew, surly belonged to Arohi.

He got up and rushed to the door, fearing that his lateness might make her go away.

Outside, Arohi was disappointed by no response. "Probably he is off to see a doctor" She muttered and took a step or two away from his place with a dejected heart when the door flew open, making her get face to face with seemingly breathless Arjun.

"Sorry...I am sorry...I was feeling too lazy". He accepted in a bit breathless tone making her grin.

"No problem...you deserve some laziness" She replied as he smiled and gave her way to come in.

"I am sorry to disturb you". Now she was feeling guilty.

"No problem...Actually I liked it that you came" He confessed while carelessly running his fingers through his messed up bed hairs, making her wonder if what she think is right or is it a general statement.

"Come...Take a seat" Arjun offered that she accepted and put forward a shopping bag of Costa Coffee towards him. "I bought coffee and sandwich for you". He was surprised to find her that early in the day at his door and above that her care, was making him feel giddy.

"So how is the fever now?" She questioned after he took his seat infront and opened the package.

"A bit of fever is still their...But the weakness is making me feel too drowsy" He told her and took a sip of his coffee. Surprisingly, it was a Cappuccino and was just the way he likes it. Little milk and sugar.

Is she too observant of my tastes? He wonder once again.

But his wonder has reached to another height when she placed her slim fingers on his forehead.

"Yeah...Their is still fever...Where are your medicines?" She questioned with worry but he was still lost on the feel of her fingers on his skin.

"Arjun?" She called him once again. "Yeah...its on the side table..." She nodded and left to get them without any further hesitance.

When she returned, he was aimlessly running the wooden stick into the coffee cup. She narrowed her eyes seeing him so lost.

"What happened?" She questioned.

"Why you are here Arohi?"

That was the simple question he threw her way. She was actually aware that this question will pop up and had made up a lame excuse but when he looked her way with those deep black orbs, she knew she can't hide.

Damn! She doesn't want to hide herself but was too confused to clearly express it too.

"I don't know Arjun...I have told myself that I am here just for the care you took of me when I got a sprained foot. But...Their is something else that I don't know anything about..."

She told blatantly making him get a small happy smile. "I got it..." He said putting her out of her misery and then he chuckled still looking away from her.

"What is it?" She asked inquisitively.

"That was quiet an open answer you know" He confessed making her go red in cheeks and he enjoyed the view of her face.

"I have heard, said and believed too many lies earlier Arjun that now, I can't survive with another one...I promised myself to be truthful in every relation here forward either its friendship or anything else"

Arjun nodded and let the silence prevail while he finished the breakfast, she brought. But even then,the silence was looking more relaxing and comforting between them.

As he finished, she gave him the medicines and took off the garbage from the table to threw it away.

"What you have told in the office?" He questioned as his eyes fell on the wall clock that was striking 11am.

"I told them that one of my good friend is ill and needs to be taken care off". He grinned.

As she cleaned the table to remove the crumbs of sandwich and went to sink to wash last night used dishes, he looked at her adoringly. Being domestic does suit her but he also loved her action avatar in office.

Loved her? Love? Did he just said it? He wondered and looked back at her. She was definitely a beautiful lady with a strong and sensible mind. May be life was too tough on her earlier but is he the one person to put right to her wrongs? He questioned.

"Are you fine?" She questioned on seeing him in deep thinking as she approached him having a glass of water in her hands. He shook his head and gave a small smile.

"Nothing" She nodded and sat down on the single sofa as Arjun leaned behind with a sigh.

Arohi looked around his apartment, giving it a keen look. It was not at all messy as what you may expect from a man staying alone. She noticed things were exactly placed on their desired space. The room was not decorated but was welcoming. Their was a small queen size bed with a two door cupboard. Two two seaters, one small coffee table. The room was airy due to the open windows let the sunshine peeped it. A standing fan was placed at a side near the bed while other was standing near the sofa's she was sitting on. Taking in the small things, her eyes fell on a photo frame of a girl with Arjun. They were both smiling into the pic and was looking as carefree as ever.

"Your wife was beautiful". Arohi spoke up with a genuine tone.

Arjun head flew up to look at her and then looked at the frame she was looking it.

"Yes, she was" He again sighed and rub his hands on his face.

"What went wrong Arjun? You seemed so happy together?" She questioned, making him get back to the memories, which haunts them. After a few seconds, he started telling her his story.

"And you didn't defend her?" Arohi spoke up with hurt more than anger.

"I wish, I had...But at that time, nothing was clear to me...Prakriti wasn't the person who will complain for every single reason...and that made my mom and sis getting too over with their accusations...and when I realized the situation, it was too late...Her level of patience had already crossed. Her father came to my place and took her away. Later, when I went to get her back...She just handed over me the divorce papers saying that she can't put up with my lame promises anymore" Arjun ended while his mind ran on the memories he had of that moment.

How torned she looked and how useless he felt of his being.

"You know Arjun...When we love someone dearly, we fight hard to keep them with ourselves...Prakriti probably had waited enough, beard enough, hoping that one day you will take stand for her. Not having children is not always the fault of the girl. It is never her fault. When a person gets effected cause of cancer, phenumia, polio, Is it their mistake? ...No, its a test...And Prakriti was the one who had to give that test alone."

"I know Arohi...I wasn't myself so eager to have babies...All I loved and wanted was her beside me...But now, all I am entitled to a life long regret for letting her down..." His facial expressions churned in pain and all the hurt she felt for him, changed into concern.

"Seriously, I don't know why I had to tell you all of this...But then I felt that I can count on you...I can trust you...You can understand me"

The silent prevailed and Arohi let it dwell till she thought as it is the time that she can actually share her pains too. Something about which she hasn't complained even to her parents. Now she could relate too. Where he wasn't able to see the wrongness of his mother and sister, her parents weren't able to see Rajat's wrong.

"I was the middle child in my family. My elder sister is happily married and stays in London and younger one still stays in Pune with my parents. Rajat father and mine were great friends. They used to stay in US. Few years back they shifted back to India, here in Mumbai and came to our house to meet my father. They saw me and proposed the wedding. My father was elated and was too trustful over his friendship that he instantly agreed. Rajat parents told them about all what he does, his habits, his nature. But they forget to mention a very important detail." Arjun rose up his brow in questioning as Arohi took a deep breath and replied.

"He was in love with an American national." Arjun eyes widened as she said that but she avoided looking at him and continued.

"His parents thought that after getting married, he will stay back in India and will forget that girl whom they had refused right away. They blackmailed Rajat into the wedding and he agreed. He came to India on a short trip of 15 days and had to leave right after the next day, we got married. That night, he made an excuse to stay with his friends and next day morning, he left without a backward glance. We were raised up to respect our elders and that what I was doing till 6 months later, I overheard Rajat's father talking to him over the phone...Asking him to get back leaving that girl or otherwise he will disowned him from their property. Rajat came back under family pressure but this time, he couldn't stop himself from telling me the truth." She had a sarcastic laugh at that.

"Was that the right time to tell me all about this? I have invested 7 months of my life in keeping his family happy like a maid and this was the result I was having in the end...I wish he had spoken up earlier to our marriage...Atleast, I could have been stayed away from the 'divorcee' label...My parents got to know about it and they felt ashamed. My father took it more over himself as he was the one who fixed this alliance. He regretted that he didn't collect any information about him and trusted his friend's word to keep his daughter happy." She was in a trance till Arjun questioned.

"Then?"

Arohi looked at him with pursed lips.

"Then...What? I definitely couldn't stay with Rajat under the same roof after knowing that my husband will never love or accept me...Nor I could go back to my parents, making them feel remorseful every time they had a look of me...So I shifted out to a women hostel and started searching for a job...Meanwhile, I filed for a divorce that I knew with be ended easily as we both wanted that...But sometime later, Rajat got to know that his girlfriend had dumped him and moved out with another man...He regretted loosing a dutiful wife and came to with a hope that we could start afresh...But, I just couldn't do that...I am a human, not a robot whom you can use when you want and ignore when you need...I didn't want him to think that way and stood strongly against all his approaches till finally, he gave in and our divorce happened, legally"

Arohi finished reviving her memories and got up.

"Let me have some more water" Arjun nodded and left her move away and she needed that time to herself.

She was a woman who went through some dreadful circumstances to be the person who she is today. He admired her a bit more than before right this moment.

Naye mausam ki sehar
Yaa sard mein dopahar
Koi mujhko yun mila hai
Jaise banjarey ko ghar

Right after that day, their equation changed a bit more.

They were more relaxed in eachother's presence. They started to shared small jokes, discussions. Sometime a little outing at some mall with colleagues or parks surly brought them more closer. Sometimes, he would drop her off to her apartment in night and she would come at his place to cook some homemade food, they both missed terribly. He was turning back to the happy person, he once used to be and she let her shyness jump out from the window and became a more confident person, just with his support.

It was after a month that suddenly Arohi took a leave of 5 days before the weekend started and left the city without any information. She left in a haste and that was known to everyone, but what cause that haste was still unknown.

Arjun himself wasn't aware of this progress till after weekend, he has joined his office back. He eyed the place she use to sit. Usually she was already present their when he would arrive but her absence struck a cord in his heart.

"Where is she?" He questioned worriedly. It was Pari who informed about her departure and leave. Arjun, though was relieved to know that it wasn't an unintentional disappearance, still was worried what had been the reason.

Those three days without her proved such a hell for him.

Any free moment he got and his mind will linger back on her and every time, he remembers her, he would send a silent prayer above for her safety.

Finally, at the end of 5th day, he heard a knock on his door.

It was late evening and he just returned home some time ago. Opening the door, he took a deep sigh of relief to find Arohi standing on the other side of the door, looking hell tired.

"Arohi...What happened? Where were you?" that was all he said and that was all she wanted to hear as she launched himself into his warm embrace.

Surprised, he took a small step back before hugging her to his dear life.

"You so scared me...You phone was constantly switched off from last 5 days...Where the hell you went without informing?" He complained, running his fingers in her thick hairs.

"Arjun..." The care he showed broke her damn of tears that she was holding from last few days. Curling her finger in his still office sweated shirt, she hugged him tightly as few lone tears ran down her cheek and absorbed in his shirt.

Arjun felt her hiccups for her body moment and took her to the sofa. After making her sit, he went to get a glass of water just to calm her down.

"Now tell me what happened?" He questioned just after she took few sips and he knew that she is able to hold on now.

"On Friday, just as I was about to leave the office...Mom called..." *Pause + Sniffing* "She told me that my Baba just had a heart attack..." Her voice trembled and knowing how weak she was feeling, he went ahead and pulled her in a side hug.

"How is he now...?" Arjun questioned, providing her his shoulder to cry on.

"He is not well Arjun... He was cursing himself all these months for what he has done to me...I don't blame him...He must have thought well for me at the time of that alliance..."

"Did you tell him this?"

"I tried too but he didn't listen and blamed himself...As soon as I reached, Doctor's declared that it was a narrow escape for him...and that he shouldn't get burden by any negative thoughts..." She told and his grip tightened on her hand, providing her strength.

"He wants me to shift back to Pune" She finally told him.

Arjun's body stiffened at that piece of information, he just received.

He pulled her a bit away holding her shoulders if to confirm, what she said was true and she nodded.

"He says that its hard for him to think that the daughter he did wronged too, has moved away from him and staying in a total strange place all alone..."

"What is your decision?" He asked with a bated heart, licking his lips as the dried of with the thought of loosing her. In the last few days, he realized how much he has started upto her. Her visits, the small moments with her, her presence. Her laughter has started up dust off any negative feelings that used to make him depressed earlier.

"What could I say? I certainly don't have any reason to stay here...Do I?"

Arjun looked away for a moment, measuring his words. Should he say it or not? how will it effect their now built relationship?

Arohi looked expectantly at him. Her eyes praying, asking him to stop her with some or other reason. She just needed an excuse to stay back in this city. To stay back with him.

Arjun looked back at her. His mind made up already as he spoke.

"What if I give you a reason to stay behind"

Arohi's heart sped up with his words. "What reason?"

"Marry me Arohi...Be my wife"

And that was it. He said it and she loved to hear that from him. Earlier, she was confused. She didn't want to have any hopes where it consult to Arjun. She knew she loves him...She was looking up to him but her mind forbid her to keep many hopes unless they shattered once again. She couldnt dare come up with words to express her feelings and above that on knowing, how he regrets the end up of his first marriage, she was just plainly scared that what he doesn't want to get involve in any other relationship. But now, as he said it, all she wanted was to drop in his arms and keep him close.

"I know, I wasn't too successful in my earlier relationship...I failed someone miserably...But I promise, I will not ignore you for anything...I will try my best to give you all that happiness, you deserve...Your wishes will be honored...All at the end of the day I need is you with me... In last few months, you have grown so much on me that these last few days were hell. I don't want ever to have this experience. I want you Arohi...I want you in my life...beside me...can you give me this honor" He spoken up in an earnest tone.

She felt happy tears welled up in her eyes. Finally!!

"Arohi..." He called her whe till few moments, she just kept mum and keep on looking at him.

"What about love Arjun?" She questioned as whatever he said, he missed to say this particular word.

"Ofcourse I love you...Why else would I propose such a thing" He was feeling anxious now.

A small smile broke on her lips that widened with every second passed till she couldn't hold herself anymore and landed into his arms, silently answering his question.

"Is that a yes?" He asked as a slow grin graced his lips, don't know after how many months. His hold on her only get tighter as she responded with a nod.

"Yes" She slowly whispered.

"Don't you have to say anything about love here?" The laughter in his tone made her turn red.

"I trust you Arjun...Probably you were the first one I trusted after all that fiasco...and I know, with you, I wont regret anything further on." She said solemnly, making him have a deep content-ful sigh.

"I promise not to break this trust ever" He replied with sincerity.

They kept engulfed in eachother's embrace for few moments, enjoying the blessing of their togetherness when she spoke up.

"I love you too Arjun"

He chuckled at the way she said it after a long gap and replied.

"Thank you for this small mercy of confession" She smiled along with him.

"But I promise...I won't waste this 2nd chance at love Arohi...I will cherish it...I will work on it...Learning from my earlier experience, I will make sure not to repeat them or give you a chance to complain...You will have all my support and love in everything you want to do" He left a small kiss on her forehead, making her tremble.

"I promise you the same"

She knew, a man who was ready to repent for mistakes in his earlier marriage will surly avoid them in coming life.

And her acceptance was all that he needed to make him alive once again. He surly was lost in this strange world and so was she. But they both proved out to be the medicine that cure their deep cut hearts.

Koi mujhko yun mila hai
Jaise banjare ko ghar
Jaise banjare ko ghar..
Jaise banjare ko ghar...
Jaise banjare ko ghar...

Don't know how the ends come up...

do give reviews...
muwah
Edited by ..oneOone.. - 9 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

aurpatel thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Nice start do 
N once again u HV come up with an interesting concept 
Both r hurt wid their first marriage HP they find love in their second one ..arjun needs yo be strong n protest ..I hp he does that ...arohi too seems heartbroken BT I like her attitude towards this suitation ...continue soon
Arjuhisis thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Oh Ana, happy to see u come up with a new OS - nice start - two unsuccessful marriages , I guess
Will wait to read more Ana
Arjuhi_kk thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
May Fav Song!! ❤️

Now that's a unique concept...Two heartbroken souls...</3

I really liked their first meet ...such an odd situation..

eager to know how her find solace in each other ❤️
Arjuhi_dreamer thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
di jaldi complete karo na..
dakshumhatre thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Nice concept
continue soon
-Haju- thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Nice start 
Can't wait to read more
Madhu-n-kaddu thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
A very different story... different from all stories...
A very very very matured one...

A very broken Arjun wid a equally broken Arohi... 

I love d part where Aru unknowingly enlightened Arjun's mind...

The decision Arjun took against his Mom n Sis is very much justified...

Now both are working in a same place...

waiting for their interaction n d way dey will gonna woo each other n will b the healing factor of each other's lives... 

Pls update soon...
.vrshn. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
As beautiful and breezy as always, Ana di...

Do continue soon... Can't wait to read more :* :D
sreeja_rox thumbnail
New OS wohhhooo!!!!!
Do continue soon... will cmmnt at the end together... do pm me too