Suhani Si Ek Ladki

Great expectations lead to great disappointments.

Elita thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago
If anyone hasn't watched the show...feel free to skip it. 

Way too disappointed with SSEL PH and it's cast and crew. Don't know why...but am not angry...just dispirited. Educated and creative people bring up issues like rape onscreen and then just dismiss it off as if nothing happened... but it was just a li'll misunderstanding. Everyday we read about such incidents taking place all over our country...media hype it for a day or two and then all is forgotten and life goes on as if nothing happened except for the victim.

But here the victim too let it pass and planned on cheering her AYM...  how sickening it is. 
Yuvraj shows and expresses more concern when Soumya is hanging from the balcony or sprains her ankle...and here his wife cries out saying that a taxi driver misbehaved and he was so cool and composed about the whole incident. All he said was he'll see to it the driver gets punished for it and she needn't worry and still remained grumpy all through the day. Snoopy is 100 times better than Suhani's husband. And today am glad it was snoopy who saved her...and not her husband. πŸ˜‘

And then in the car scene too he chose to remain silent instead of asking Suhani to next to him so atleast she might feel safe and secure...but no he remained ignorant. And ladies...Rags, Menaka and Soumya...being females you people too showed no sympathy, no remorse for having made Suhani go through such thing...you guys lack conscious or are you dead inside. Didn't you feel worried or guilty if something had happened to her... chee such crass behavior...and CV's what the hell are you guys projecting to the viewers...in the name of skin beauty vs inner beauty you are making fun of such serious issues and using them to raise and sensationalize your serial...how cheap is it. Imagine if all husbands react like Yuvraj where are women supposed to seek security and feel safe...?? Have you people thought on such lines...?? πŸ˜‘😑

And then the in the picnic area... I understand Suhani lying to Pratima as she didn't want to worry or upset her...but later on singing and dancing merrily...come on give us viewers a break...don't insult our intelligence and sensibilities...you expected we'll enjoy the scene and your damn TRP's will increase... I for one watched today's episode wanting to know how you deal with attempt to rape incident...and you guys mocked it. 

Coming to the actors...Sahil, Rajshri and Neha and others too...you are humans first and then actors. Speaking to media when some incidents happen in our country and voicing support for victims isn't just enough. You guys are educated and creative and when you emote such a scene don't you feel the trauma a girl feels when it happens for real...?? As actors isn't it your duty to connect with such victims and show how it can be dealt with instead of just erasing it without giving it a thought?? Am sorry to says guys, I loved you as actors and but today somehow I feel less respectful towards you all. 

Again coming to the serial...either am mad for expecting some empathy and concern from Yuvraj or he is disgusting and for sure deserves a person like Soumya for life partner...today they looked like they were made for each other and deserve each other. 

I know this statement must have hurt all Yuvani fans... believe me I too love them and adore them...but today I felt displeased with all of them. 
Suhani you are no longer a girl...you are a grown up women and behave  like one...here am not referring to the actor but to CV's for shaping this character like this. She went through hell which usually lasts a lifetime for any girl...but here CV's made her sing and dance and serve all like a glorified maid. 

P.S: Don't mean to hurt anyone's feelings... this just my frustration at today's episode.
Edited by Elita - 9 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

yanks28 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 2
No words Elita. None.Heights of shock & disappointment. I cant believe this is real...
clarity thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Eli, fabulous post! πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

Great expectations from the best liars lead to great disappointments!

I don't even know what to say, Eli!

My number one disappointment was with Suhani, who was acting like that guy hadn't just tried to rape her. 😑😑🀒🀒🀒 She is not any sort of a role model for anyone, SORRY! Her reaction today was an insult to womankind and womanhood! HOW COULD THEY DO THIS??? She f**king forgot she was almost raped and was chatting away like she had just missed a bus and nothing more. She was intent on uniting the Birlas. If this is what a good woman is, I don't wanna be one! πŸ‘ŽπŸΌ DISGUSTING AND REPULSIVE!

Yuvraj was disappointment No.2. He is also very egotistical and selfish. he was so far gone in his anger today that he just DID NOT care about his own wife's well-being. He didn't even ask her what that taxi driver actually did. You made him regress back to the arrogant shell we saw at the beginning of the show. I mean, you can be angry with someone you love, but that doesn't mean you TOTALLY stop giving a flying f**k about them. 😑😑😑😑

Yuvraj was on a ME jaap today, where he was ANGRY that his servant-wife had DISOBEYED him and gone against his wishes! So, Yuvraj, you finally proved to us that you think of her as a maid! Maybe later on, you would sleep with her and give her another title too. 😑Sorry if that offends anyone. He doesn't think of her as an equal. He wants her to be his maid and bask in the glory of her love. Yes, he was so absorbed in his SELFISH ANGER, that he didn't give a SHIT about Suhani today. He truly shows more concern for Soumya than for Suhani. You can slap Ankit for Soumya, but not ask your wife the simple question, "What's wrong?". 😭😭

She is a serf-wife to him.
Elita thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: clarity

Eli, fabulous post! πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

Great expectations from the best liars lead to great disappointments!

I don't even know what to say, Eli!

My number one disappointment was with Suhani, who was acting like that guy hadn't just tried to rape her. 🀒 She is not any sort of a role model for anyone, SORRY! Her reaction today was an insult to womankind and womanhood! HOW COULD THEY DO THIS??? She f**king forgot she was almost raped and was chatting away like she had just missed a bus and nothing more. She was intent on uniting the Birlas. If this is what a good woman is, I don't wanna be one! πŸ‘ŽπŸΌ DISGUSTING AND REPULSIVE!

Yuvraj was disappointment No.2. He is also very egotistical and selfish. he was so far gone in his anger today that he just DID NOT care about his own wife's well-being. He didn't even ask her what that taxi driver actually did. You made him regress back to the arrogant shell we saw at the beginning of the show. I mean, you can be angry with someone you love, but that doesn't mean you TOTALLY stop giving a flying f**k about them. 😑

Yuvraj was on a ME jaap today, where he was ANGRY that his servant-wife had DISOBEYED him and gone against his wishes! So, Yuvraj, you finally proved to us that you think of her as a maid! Maybe later on, you would sleep with her and give her another title too. 😑Sorry if that offends anyone. He doesn't think of her as an equal. He wants her to be his maid and bask in the glory of her love. Yes, he was so absorbed in his SELFISH ANGER, that he didn't give a SHIT about Suhani today. He truly shows more concern for Soumya than for Suhani. You can slap Ankit for Soumya, but not ask your wife the simple question, "What's wrong?". 😭😭

She is a serf-wife to him.

Apu...today's episode just spoiled my mood.  And yes...like you said Suhani was the worst disappointment. The actor and character ridiculed womanhood...shit guys.
For me Yuvraj appeared as tantrum king and Suhani a pleasing dasi( it means slave)...with no self-respect or dignity. Rajshri emoted well while narrating...but Suhani let me down after drinking the water...she forgot all about the pervert and the incident and tried to cheer this idiot...🀒. Which girl behaves like this...reel or real?? Such things haunt one till death and here everything's forgotten. CV's in the mode of making her mahaan has made her foolish and downright stupid. she is shown happily eating chips and acting like a joker entertaining BM zombies...🀒😑

Now am wondering who is living in a delusional world...Soumya or Suhani or Yuvraj??

Jeeya_Angel thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
I was a silent reader in the forum but after watching todays episode i could stop myself from expressing myself.

I totally share your views. Expected a lot from yuvraj. He was not at all concerned abt what happened to Suhani. Menka was more shown concerned and even offered water to drink. Thought he would console her and show some care.

Had too much hope while watching the SBS segments.I am cursing
 myself for that.

I was happy that Valentine is coming and will be getting romantic yuvani scenes but I guess that here also my hopes will go in vain. It will be focus on Soumya and Yuvraj as per the BTS and IF article.
I read somewhere that there will be a change in Soumya behavior .She will behave nicely with Yuvraj and befriend. Disgusted. Moreover Dadi is coming back with venomous tactics.

daffodildy thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Cvs treated rape attempt like Ragmen bullying...How could they i really dont understand...i could not begin to tell how disgusting they are...Just becoz they have lines up a nice picnic scene they totally ignored the plight of a girl who been almost raped...
If they just wanted Suhani reach there they had many other ways but this...I dont know whether the CVs can fathom the plight of a victim...really upset...so so disappointed...

sandiab thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Amazing post Eli. U have said everything. And agree my respect for the actors and whoever is part of this team was lost yesterday. These actors sold their morals for a 2 rupees role in a 2rupees show.
simpleton thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Too much disappointment...
I can say now Yuvraj is not a Prince Charming at all... At all!!!! Not the Knight in shining armour... 

A hero is supposed to save the day... And Suhani ko kyun itni fikr paree thee mananay ki, what did he do for her??? Except being mad at her for teeny tiny things...,

They fooled us with his character shayed... He is still for Soumya... Hate to imagine that but maybe thats what it is... 
dunceHat thumbnail
totally agree...

I fail to see the desperation of Su trying to catch a cab  to the spot.
She could have stayed back... and the fun-less and bored picknickers could have hurried back home/ or
better yet
Yuvraj could have dropped off the vampina-trio and headed back home to romance Su...it would have atleast fun...
that Suhani's encounters- be it the cabbie and the swamp are so trivialized shows that who-so-ever's working on the story line dozed off. forget about family-like concern they have not shown even basic human concern.

I like the Su and Yuv pair..but the story is entirely irritating
There is a serious need to revamp the way Suhani is portrayed too
Edited by dunceHat - 9 years ago
dunceHat thumbnail
like someone said

disappointment is an understatement! the past few episodes were sheer crap and an assault at the viewer!

What could possibly be an excellent RomCom is turned into *hopeless* junk