Fan Fictions

Mahabharat Katha:T#4; Part 52 On Pg 140

wayward thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 8
Posted: 9 years ago

Mahabharat is not only the story of the family feud between the Kauravas and the Pandavas. It is the story of our very own India. It includes many stories that have been added to the main Epic, over a period of Time, which represents all the historical periods and includes the emotions, joy, pain and love of all people across India, right from Kashmir to as far as Kanyakumari, which is indeed the MAHAbharat.

Here, I try to humbly pen down 'whatever' is in the epic, in my words, keeping the sequence, logic and accuracy of the original epic intact. My name is Proteeti, and I'm mostly active in the 'Mythological Masti' forum, and I have a creation and a VM gallery on IF.

I'd like to thank two people who stayed with me all through
out the previous thread, reading and criticizing my work. They are Semadi (Urmila11), and Surya Bhaiya (Surya_Krsnabhakt). Thank you so so much for supporting me !

And also all of my readers who have commented, and appreciated my works.

Please Scroll Down For The Index !

Edited by Radhikerani - 7 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

wayward thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 8
Part 37

Revati-Balraam--Rukmani

Narad dropped the news very carefully. He said, "Sir, don't you think both of your grandsons are old enough to get married now ?" Ugrasen sighed, "Yes I know. I can conduct the marriage of Krishna right now, but I can't find a suitable girl for Balraam and how can I give permission for the marriage of the younger before the elder one ?"
"Oh, so girl is the bar here ? I have a good girl in mind."
"Really ? Which fortunate lady is it ?" asked Vasudev. "She is actually the Princess of the very land which you are ruling. This Dwaravati, the kingdom of King Kakudmi." Ugrasen was not able decipher Narad's subtle hints, "Sir, please tell me clearly, because if any of King Kakudmi's survivors are living here, then the only thing I can do is to handover the kingdom ! Where is she ? Whose daughter she is and where does she live ?" Narad chuckled, "Sir, she is not some hidden successor. She is Lady Revati, who went away to Brahmalok, around 108 yugas ago. The King has returned to get his daughter married, to your son Balraam, under the instructions of my Father, Lord Brahma."
"Lord Brahma's instructions ?"
"Yes, and he will return to Brahmalok as soon as the two take their nuptial vows."
"Yes of course then, Revati is the best person for my grandson. And where are the King and his daughter living ?"
"In a cave on Mount Raivatak."
"Thank you Sir. Servant, go and tell Krishna to meet King Raivatak, wherever he is living, and seek permission for the marriage. Sage Narad, having done much, please think of an auspicious date for the marriage. The sooner the better."
"King, there's a good time today night itself !"
"Well then, servants, prepare the mandap for the marriage."
"King Ugrasen, Prince Vasudev, allow me to leave, before I come face to face with the bridegroom. Narayan, Narayan !"

Krishna and Balraam arrived in front of the cave where King Kakudmi was living. Balraam saw Kanha looking up at the ceiling of the cave. He said, "Kanhaiya, they aren't spiders weaving their webs on the ceiling." Krishna replied, "Dau, they aren't, but we definitely are spiders in front of them," Balraam looked perplexed, "Actually, we are around three times smaller than them in height." Balraam's face showed disbelief. His closed fist was just about to land on Krishna's back, when a thunderous sound was heard, and the ground shook. They turned, to see a beautiful Lady walking towards them. Both the brothers were dumbstruck. Krishna found his voice just a second before Revati's foot landed on them and he shouted with all his might, "BHABHI !!"

Revati quickly stepped back on hearing the soft whisper. "Who's that ?" she said. The brothers felt as if the sound of a thousand thunders rained upon them together. The tone was still sweet. Krishna shouted again, "GREETINGS LADY REVATI. WE ARE KRISHNA AND BALRAAM, THE SONS OF PRINCE VASUDEV AND GRANDSONS OF KING UGRASEN. WE'D LIKE TO SPEAK TO KING RAIVAT, ABOUT MY BROTHER BALRAAM'S MARRIAGE." Revati squinted below, and then picking up the two brothers in her hand she exclaimed, "Oh Lord, you both are so sweet, even my dolls were larger that you ! I feel like cuddling you just like my dolls !" Balraam forgot all his plans to remain silent and joined his palms, "NO LADY REVATI ! PLEASE FORGIVE US ! WE AREN'T DOLLS !"
"How sweet you are ! Brahmadev always knows who is the best for who. You know I had always prayed for a cute husband like you, seems like my prayers have been answered !" Balraam was developing a little liking in spite of his intentions to ward this bride off, "YOU HAVE A LOVELY FACE LADY REVATI." Krishna, who was thoroughly enjoying this spoke, "Dau, BHABHI, WHY DON'T WE GO TO KING KAKUDMI NOW !"

The King happily gave permission, but was worried seeing the difference in height of the bride and groom. Krishna had an ingenious solution for the problem. He whispered his plan into Balraam's ear. Balraam invoked his divine plough and said, "REVATI SINCE I CAN'T GET HOLD OF YOUR SHOULDERS, MY PLOUGH WILL PULL YOU." Balraam exerted all his power on his plough and it resulted in the decrease in size of Revati. Krishna was carefully watching the process and he lifted the plough from Revati's shoulder when she became exactly of the same height as Balraam. "But Kanha, she is still much taller that normal girls !" Kanha went and held Revati by her shoulders and replied, "Dau, there must be someone who can look into your eyes straight and be firm." Kanha looked around and said, "And yes, thank you, Dau, as my vocal chords will get a little bit of rest now." Everyone chuckled while Rohini smiled shyly making up her mind to teach her naughty brother-in-law a nice lesson later in the week.

A year had passed since the marriage of Revati and Balraam. There was peace and prosperity everywhere. Meanwhile, in Vidarbha, there was another love slowly revealing itself in the beautiful princess, King Bhishmak's daughter, Rukmani. She often said to her friends that Narad was her worst enemy. He had narrated all the stories of Krishna to her, and took away her peace of mind. Now the only reason for her life was that there was the hope of her union with Krishna, the hero of her dreams. But there was one person who was bent on shattering this dream. That was Rukmi, Rukmani's eldest brother. He was an ally of Jarasandh and hated Krishna from the core of his. He had decided long back, that he would rather kill his sister rather than marrying her to Krishna. Recently he had met Shishupal, a cousin and a sworn enemy of Krishna, and decided to give his sister away to him.

Although King Bhishmak wanted Krishna as his son-in-law, he didn't dare to oppose his eldest son. Rukmani was terrified at the idea of spending her life with a man other than her Krishna. She stayed awake all through the night and roamed around distressed, at day, thinking of methods to escape this. "But you can also directly send him a message telling him about your plight and ask him to take you away !" her friend suggested, but Rukmani laughed in embarrassment, "But, how ? I don't know to write, and you people are not allowed to go out. Then ?"
"Do you remember Sage Sunand ? He loved you so much. You can ask him to deliver your message ?" Rukmani giggled, "He ? He's old enough to be my father, how can I ask him to take a message of love ?"
"You can't in normal circumstances, but this is an emergency ! And it was you who said, that you have hidden some poison in your ring, and that if any man, other than your Krishna marries you, you'll drink that poison before uttering the first vow of marriage." Rukmani sighed, "Yes, it was indeed me. Come, lets go to him."

Edited by Radhikerani - 9 years ago
Gudiyeet thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4
Congrats Sparkling Diamond Congratulations
bokul thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 9 Thumbnail + 3
congo for the new thread 
Hakuna_Matata11 thumbnail
Hearty congratulations for the new thread dear...
And awesome update.
Tfd pm.
Gold.Abrol thumbnail
Congo for the new thread dear Radhika 
Awesome update 😊

KrishnaSourav thumbnail
awesome superb part
loved it
-QueenlyChitra- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Congrats Sparkling Diamond Congratulations Congratulations nice update thanks for pm 🤗
Gudiyeet thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4
Awesome Glitter Sparkling Graphic Awesome