Dharma Kshetra on Epic Channel Thread 2/ DT Nt pg 71/Imp Nt Pg 89/117

Posted: 9 years ago
All mytho addicts - 
There is a new show on a new channel called Dharmakshetra. 

Concept - The main players of Kurukshetra are called to Chitragupta's court and all the characters throw accusations. Chitragupta gives verdict at the end and decides whether they are going to be allowed into heaven
Edited by Sabhayata - 9 years ago
Originally posted by ashne

Originally posted by Maverick_me

Probably nothing comes up with context to Devika, that's why , else, is drau short of words any given time? πŸ˜†
No Idea abt Devika/Yaudehi

What about the other wives - does Drau mention anything about them. I'm assuming they were all living together at some point.
In Drau-Satyabhama convo, Drau mentions ,she served her husbands along with their wives without any malice /jealousy, something like this ...no names taken specifically ; they're all there in Ashramvasika parva and the complexion of all the wives is mentioned 😊
Edit: All wives except Devika, of course πŸ˜”
@bold - skin color?πŸ˜•

ashne, read

http://www.sacred-texts.com/hin/m15/m15025.htm

Originally posted by Sabhayata

All mytho addicts - 
There is a new show on a new channel called Dharmakshetra. 

Concept - The main players of Kurukshetra are called to Chitragupta's court and all the characters throw accusations. Chitragupta gives verdict at the end and decides whether they are going to be allowed into heaven
Thank you Sabhayata for thread #2

Congrats everyoneπŸ₯³, lets talk more n more 😊

Originally posted by ashne

Probably nothing comes up with context to Devika, that's why , else, is drau short of words any given time? πŸ˜†
No Idea abt Devika/Yaudehi

What about the other wives - does Drau mention anything about them. I'm assuming they were all living together at some point.
In Drau-Satyabhama convo, Drau mentions ,she served her husbands along with their wives without any malice /jealousy, something like this ...no names taken specifically ; they're all there in Ashramvasika parva and the complexion of all the wives is mentioned 😊
Edit: All wives except Devika, of course πŸ˜”
@bold - skin color?πŸ˜•

ashne, read

http://www.sacred-texts.com/hin/m15/m15025.htm

Thanks, interesting descriptions.😊

Thank you Sabhayata for thread #2

Congrats everyoneπŸ₯³, lets talk more n more 😊

and argue, hopefully no fightsπŸ˜‰
Originally posted by shindes

Just out of curiosity - has anybody at all been termed 'Guilty'?
If so, what punishment is meted out to them?
Can the ones pronounced as 'guilty' also participate as accusers? 

Shakuni was found guilty...presumably he was sent to naraka and so far he has not come back to accuse anyone else
Ashwi was found guilty too and he was sent back to earthπŸ˜†
He had come to speak on his father's behalf when Drona was on the stand...
Edited by LiveYourDream - 9 years ago
Originally posted by LiveYourDream

Shakuni was found guilty...presumably he was sent to naraka and so far he has not come back to accuse anyone else
Ashwi was found guilty too and he was sent back to earthπŸ˜†
He had come to speak on his father's behalf when Drona was on the stand...

There is nothing new. they are going by popular consensus. the few new things they tried to do is divorcing ArDi, Kunti saying she will be remembered for loving karna the most etcπŸ˜•
Originally posted by ..RamKiJanaki..

I don't think people can blame Bhima for not bringing Hidimbi and Ghatotkacha to Indraprastha for a few reasons. It was not because of the promise Draupadi got from each of her husbands that no other wife be allowed to live in Indraprastha (I haven't found any citations for it anywhere).

1) Bhima was never in love with Hidimbi. Hidimbi pretty much coerced him into marriage because she fell in love with him, and Kunti feeling sorry for her, convinced Bhima to marry her as per rakshasa customs. So she may not have been accepted by Indraprastha citizens, because Bhima never married her as per human customs. Also, Hidimbi agreed to the condition laid down by Kunti and the Pandavas that Bhima would reside with her for one year and then leave. She never had any expectations from him and he never made any false promises to her.

2) Hidimbi and Ghatotkacha could not leave their kingdom. With Hidimba killed, only Hidimbi's son could be the king of their region, so if they both came to Indraprastha, who'd take care of their people? Ghatotkacha was the king of the rakshasa tribe, and he  was quite happy living among his own people. Hidimbi too could never bear to be separated from her son. I don't think Hidimbi and Ghatotkacha would have been happy leaving their own people and living among humans, nor vice versa with Bhima living among the rakshasa tribe. 

Bhima and Hidimbi's separation was based on their mutual agreement before marriage, so Bhima really cannot be blamed for leaving her with the rakshasas, for the same reason Arjuna cannot be blamed for leaving Ulupi and Chitrangada. In the case of Ulupi, Arjuna never even loved her. Their marriage was one-sided based on her attraction and passion. As for Chitrangada, her father put a condition when Arjuna asked for her hand that if he married her, she and any son they had would have to remain in Manipur, as Chitrangada was his only child and he had no male heirs. Arjuna married her in agreement with this condition, so neither he nor Bhima can be blamed for leaving those wives in their natal homes. 

If this allegation is brought up in Dharmakshetra, I hope Bhima defends himself with the above points.

i agree with your points that Bhima didn't love her and even Hidimba knew about this arrangement but still as a husband he did have some duties towards her especially when he has a son with her which as per me he didnt fulfill

I mean ya i get he married her as it was his mother's orders and all but at end of the day he was her husband and father of her child so i guess i do feel bad for Hidimba and Gato

I mean leave alone permanently staying In Indraprastha they aren't even present in important Pandva occasions like Rajsuya Yajna and all
Edited by Sabhayata - 9 years ago
Originally posted by shindes

Given her supporting role in Hidimb's death, I wonder her clan did not disown her as a traitor. Was she really crowned Queen? 

ya even i want to know this

was Hidimba actually a queen and Gatotkacha a king

I mean Gatotkacha had his rakshasa followers but i have never read anything about him being the king

i mean as per me Gatotkacha should have been the heir to Yudi's throne considering he was the eldest of Pandva kids but he is never talked about in that manner

The only time we see him is during vanvas when he is helping Pandavas and then in the war again

Seems like he always did his duty as a son but other way doesn't seem much
So far punishments

Panchali - not guilty on all counts
Shakuni- sentenced to hell
Dury - funny verdict! He got his name changed from Suyodhan to Duryodhan
Drona - not sure what the verdict or sentence was! It was all full of more twisted explanations than a jalebi πŸ˜†
Arjun - guilty only for ignoring Panchali and ArDi divorce 😭 To add salt to the wound Keshav was the divorce attorney 😭
Kunti - guilty for Karna and will be known only as paanch putron ki Maa. Which Kunti counters by saying the world will know she loved Karna πŸ˜•. Panchali and Arjun accuse her of masterminding the division which she acknowledges but since this was done after the verdict, there was no separate sentence
Bheem - IN PROGRESS

Sabhayata- do you want to add a list to the first page?

πŸ˜† Also thank god! Looks like at least Bheem will be left as Mr Panchali. Unless Keshav decides to bring up some sort of weird accusation next week πŸ˜†Edited by AnuMP - 9 years ago