I don't rely on social media to get across or clarify: Deepika

Posted: 9 years ago
Karo: Like how certain roles allow you to be yourself, does social media allow you to be the person you really are and do you use that as a platform for what you really want to say?

Deepika: No, not really. I don't rely on social media to get across or clarify, if that's what you are asking. There is a lot of s**t everyday, but I don't really take to social media to clarify because it requires too much effort and energy (smiles).

Karo: But don't you have to stop yourself from Instagramming some awesome food you've just eaten?

Deepika: No, I like to keep a lot of things very private. I don't feel the need to share every aspect of my life or wake up every morning and announce to the world how I'm feeling today. I don't think that's important.

Excerpt from: http://www.telegraphindia.com/1150120/jsp/t2/story_9169.jsp

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

rogerrocks thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Next headline- I don use PR to stay in the news or put across my point because it requires too much energy & effort 😆
SoreloseR thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
"I hope Imtiaz signs me for his next movie again' because when he didn't take me for Rockstar, I was really disappointed! (Laughs, as Imtiaz grins sheepishly"

She says the same thing to all directors? Just so awkward!
Basilisk thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
^You make it sound like she is talking about Imtiaz's upcoming films when she meant it in a totally different way.

Priyanka: Nothing like bungee jumping or swimming with sharks?

Deepika: I have done it all! I have jumped out of a plane, I have gone scuba-diving, and I have swum with the sharks. I can give you the cliched answer of I hope I get to work with so and so' or I hope Imtiaz signs me for his next movie again' because when he didn't take me for Rockstar, I was really disappointed! (Laughs, as Imtiaz grins sheepishly) So, those professional things are always there. I think, currently, what I am working on right now, with the little influence that I might be able to have on people's lives, is to be able to help people. I think that's where I am at right now. 

MesmerizinArish thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: AvadaKedavra

^You make it sound like she is talking about Imtiaz's upcoming films when she meant it in a totally different way.

POINT!!

I can give you the cliched answer of I hope I get to work with so and so' or I hope Imtiaz signs me for his next movie again' because when he didn't take me for Rockstar, I was really disappointed! (Laughs, as Imtiaz grins sheepishly) So, those professional things are always there.

Passive aggressive way of lobbying. 

Edited by NailClipper - 9 years ago
Dhaa-Ki-Tiki thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
But she wrote the open letter to clarify her stance after TOI replied.😕
Why are Bollywood actors so fickle minded? Especially when they have so called 'influence' over people like the forum claims.
Basilisk thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
^I think she meant it on a personal level...something like how she still hasn't clarified her relationship with Ranveer yet. Other than that everyone knows that she has an overactive PR. 
humdekhenge thumbnail

Originally posted by: AvadaKedavra

Priyanka: Nothing like bungee jumping or swimming with sharks?

Deepika: I have done it all! I have jumped out of a plane, I have gone scuba-diving, and I have swum with the sharks. I can give you the cliched answer of I hope I get to work with so and so' or I hope Imtiaz signs me for his next movie again' because when he didn't take me for Rockstar, I was really disappointed! (Laughs, as Imtiaz grins sheepishly) So, those professional things are always there. I think, currently, what I am working on right now, with the little influence that I might be able to have on people's lives, is to be able to help people. I think that's where I am at right now. 

Didn't kareena say she was disappointed when Imtiaz didn't take her in lak? Gah Deepika. 
I knew the help people thing was her new shizz. So predictable. 
LEO88 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: SoreloseR

"I hope Imtiaz signs me for his next movie again' because when he didn't take me for Rockstar, I was really disappointed! (Laughs, as Imtiaz grins sheepishly"

She says the same thing to all directors? Just so awkward!

Imagine if kareena said that😆