Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

rohini55 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago

People are comparing Gehna's reactions to Basant's death with Anandi's. What can I say? 

Gehna cried bitterly but fell in love with another man in two months. 

I would rather see deep, abiding, eternal love than an OTT show of emotion that turns out  in the end to be flaky and superficial.
Edited by rohini55 - 9 years ago
ButterflyOnRose thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
BV s's time line is wrong With correct line it is not 2 months since Basant's death
rohini55 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: The_Alchemist.

I am so glad that CV's didn't spend too many episodes on rhona dhona. Everyone out there is absolutely sad and absolutely PROUD of their lost son/grandson/husband/dad. That's all we have to know. 

Iravati looked exactly like a strong mother who is battered by her son's death at the same time has responsibility to take care of her fully pregnant DIL who is in a much weaker state.  We tend to be more strong when we have bigger responsibilities to fulfil.  That's what I see in Daddu and Ira particularly. 

Meenu is shown crying most of the time...and it makes sense. Anoop seems to focus on rights more than love. Such an insecure loser he is. Pity him. He never had as much attachment with Shiv or for that matter , with anyone in the family. And with his present state of mind filled with insecurities, I'd prefer to ignore his expressions. For all you know, we can't sit and analyse the expressions of every other  less important side character in the serial. Anoop , Alok worst of all Khazan were the ones that were kind of sidelined wrt to the crying or feeling sad part. And that I think is OK. 

Coming to Anandi - I just LOVED the way she is dealing with all this. She believes Shiv is with her. Just not physically present. That is a wonderful mindset. Not many people can understand this kind of mindset. Continuous wailing does not mean people have pain in them. It only means they are expressing that pain. Anandi has pain in her eyes. She misses him every second...thinks of him all the time...and glad she also remembers the promises she made to Shiv on his death bed. She is trying her best to be strong for Amol and for her unborns , instead of getting depressed . Hope she stays strong this way forever. 

Anandi's eyes are so expressive -- full of pain and moist with unshed tears. Conveys everything. 
surabhi01 thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7
in yesterdsy episode very bad acting did by khajan and akshay khanna that is anup , rest actors acting is average .last scene of bv in yesterday episode is quite well directed
SPuja thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: rohini55

People are comparing Gehna's reactions to Basant's death with Anandi's. What can I say? 

Gehna cried bitterly but fell in love with another man in two months. 

I would rather see deep, abiding, eternal love than an OTT show of emotion that turns out  in the end to be flaky and superficial.

I think there is no comparison in circumstances of Basant's death and Shiv's death and therefore, there cannot be comparison between how people reacted to these deaths. Basant's death was tragic while Shiv's death is heroic. There was disbelief and grief with the way Basant died, while there is an element of pride with the way Shiv died or rather attained martyrdom. Again, Anandi being pregnant, she has to control herself for the sake of unborn babies and similarly, the family also has to control themselves to take care of Anandi. 

I will not comment on Gahna finding love again in two months - because I do not trust creatives. Who knows if not in two months - they will plan Anandi's remarriage in may be 5-6 years...
leavesandwaves thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Gehna falling in love did not happen voluntarily. She was pushed into it and she reciprocated Niranjan's love as a matter of gratitude for his being so undetrstanding,so considerate, saving her life, even forgoing the chance of having kids etc. etc. Gehna's love is not lust or forgetting Basant so quickly. Not to forget Basant was way too aged for her, his initial ill treatment of her unlike Anandi who got a young handsome and understanding husband in Shiv.

leavesandwaves thumbnail
As for Shiv's heroic death, I feel death is death by whatever name you call it. If Shiv died of illness or in an accident, will their reactions be any different? By that standard, only who die heroically are to be proud of and not other types of dying? Is it shameful to die of illness? Or accident? How ridiculous? Edited by leavesandwaves - 9 years ago
saba113 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
What i can say people are calling Gehna's emotions OTT Superficial ðŸ€¢whats the big crime if she fell in love with Niranjan Gehna Niranjan's story might be pathetically handled with Dadisaa bulldozing them in it but Gehna never wanted to marry She too cried and remembered Basant a lot  Where she did not remember him ? she was bullied by Dadisaa in marriage and Anandi also gave her lectures moving on in life through marriage will be good for her and Gehna did not commit a crime falling in love with her husband now who is not only her savior but also loves her children

To prove Anandi best people really don't need to put others down by putting wrong blames on them
libsrocks thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: leavesandwaves

As for Shiv's heroic death, I feel death is death by whatever name you call it. If Shiv died of illness or in an accident, will their reactions be any different? By that standard, only who die heroically are to be proud of and not other types of dying? Is it shameful to die of illness? Or accident? How ridiculous?

That totally depends on those who have lived such incidents
Normally when an old aged person dies out of illness their relatives feel a sense of relief as the person's suffering has ended plus the relatives were already ready to accept the tradegy as they had anticipated it.
When a person dies of some accident and that to at young age then people feel shock and horrified at such sidden tradegy.
A martyr's death is indeed different...it takes a lot courage to give your own family a father/husband/son/brother less life just to save hundred other strangers from living such life...one cannot help but feel a sense of pride at the selflessness...in shiv's case, he embraced death when he could have avoided it...the pride at such sacrifice can only be felt when one goes through such incident in their life.

Btw its pathetic to compare a person's grief with its reaction...we cannot say Anandi's grief was bigger than Gehna's grief simply becoz Gehna married someone within few months...a loss is a loss and everyone has different ways of handling...plz lets not make grief and such sense of loss a matter of debate and joke with such weird comparisions
Edited by libsrocks - 9 years ago
leavesandwaves thumbnail
Originally posted by: libsrocks

That totally depends on those who have lived such incidents
Normally when an old aged person dies out of illness their relatives feel a sense of relief as the person's suffering has ended plus the relatives were already ready to accept the tradegy as they had anticipated it.
When a person dies of some accident and that to at young age then people feel shock and horrified at such sidden tradegy.
A martyr's death is indeed different...it takes a lot courage to give your own family a father/husband/son/brother less life just to save hundred other strangers from living such life...one cannot help but feel a sense of pride at the selflessness...in shiv's case, he embraced death when he could have avoided it...the pride at such sacrifice can only be felt when one goes through such incident in their life.

Btw its pathetic to compare a person's grief with its reaction...we cannot say Anandi's grief was bigger than Gehna's grief simply becoz Gehna married someone within few months...a loss is a loss and everyone has different ways of handling...plz lets not make grief and such sense of loss a matter of debate and joke with such weird comparisions

Well analysed. The thing is usually police officers die in such incidents. We have not seen a Collector handling a terrorist the way Shiv did.  What those police officers (whose duty it was) were doing? They wanted to show a Salman Khan type of heroism.