Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

LovingRaYa thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 9 years ago
I am liking it as Raya have same feeling for each other and remembering their meeting in the conference.
Seems Kartik hold high for Priya as he shared about the girl with her. Now as Ram came to know wat his Maa done but still not upset and ready to take forward about the marriage proposal.
Continue soon dear thanx for the pm
doc_kash thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Thanks a lot... 
I am enjoying writing as well... Keep reading..

Originally posted by: zeylanica

Read the few chapters back to back ... It was awesome ... very well written.. Loving it totally !!
Thank you for the PM's..

doc_kash thumbnail
I want RaYa to meet as well... But... I would like to portray a few more things before I have them meet... But soon..

Originally posted by: contactcharu

very nice

pls continue soon and let RaYa meet

doc_kash thumbnail
I am trying to keep somethings from the show... esp some characteristics of the person...

Marriage proposal... I am a little confused ... about how that would go...

Originally posted by: aanchaltulshan

I am liking it as Raya have same feeling for each other and remembering their meeting in the conference.
Seems Kartik hold high for Priya as he shared about the girl with her. Now as Ram came to know wat his Maa done but still not upset and ready to take forward about the marriage proposal.
Continue soon dear thanx for the pm

doc_kash thumbnail

Here is chapter 11...  I am loving writing this .. hopefully readers are enjoying it as well... Next update will be Monday...  Thanks..

Chapter 11

Next morning.. Ram on his way to the airport starts writing an email to Priya... Copy and pastes from his draft...

Hi Priya,

Ram here. How are you? I am good and thanks for asking. Nice to hear about you and your family.

I am not sure how much your parents have filled you in. I own and run a company with my friend in Mumbai, and that keeps me very busy. I have a mother, and 2 siblings. My father passed away 10 years ago. Since then I completed my studies and have been working for my family.

I am on my way back from a trip to Bangalore and some urgent business to take care when I get back...

Let me be very frank with you. My mother wanted me to settle down.. and I am agreeing to this whole proposal thing... because of my family..They mean the world to me.  I hope I have not disappointed you with this comment. Till date I have been putting it off.. But I cannot anymore... So I decided to respond to your email.

I will let my mother know about our initial contact. Since I have not done this before.. not sure how to continue this... Maybe parents will take this further... If you have any questions or anything... please email me.

Take care,

Ram

Ram thinks a lot about conference lady.. family while writing this email... Ok Maa... I am doing this for you.. I hope can do justice to this proposal... And then he hits the send button...

Sends a msg to his Maa - "Priya had emailed. I responded this morning. I am almost at the airport. See u soon. Bye."

Reaches the airport.. Does all the formalities..at the airport... before taking off to Mumbai... Tries to get some valuable sleep... since he has long day ahead...

Meanwhile, Priya is back at her institute with a busy day. Ajay stops by briefly to inquire as to how things are going. Just a regular day for her.. She responds to Vikram's email.

Mr Shergill,

Thanks for getting back to me. I understand you are preoccupied. I would like to propose something. I am writing a proposal for the project I mentioned in my previous email. I will forward this to you in a couple of days to request for funding this project. I hope this is convenient for you.

Regards,

Dr Sharma  

She gets a quick response from Vikram.. Saying I like your idea. Please send us the proposal.. Maybe you can visit us here if this proposal is promising to discuss it further. Priya is delighted... and spends the rest of the day working on the proposal...

Evening before she heads out opens her personal email... Specifically to see if Ram has responded...

Priya's thoughts as she reads Ram's email... He seems courteous ...  she thinks after reading the first few lines.. Company... with a friend... cool.. Interesting...Mumbai wala... Family...similar to ours... No father... Oh oh...feels bad for him... But feels happy thinking what he is doing today... self made... very admirable..  He was in Bangalore??... Hmmm... What does he want to be frank about? Something past?... she reads further... realizes... it is about agreeing to do this for family... She feels she can relate to this feeling... thought... Something matches... I am not disappointed at all...I am glad it is out in the open... Anyway I was looking for somebody... who has respect and lives for family... So far ... he seems alright... Maybe this is a good thing... Time to tell Maa... Should I respond right away? Or talk to parents and see what to do... Here is what I will do.. send an email response to Ram now... just acknowledging it...

Hi Ram,

Nice to hear from you. Thanks for being very frank. I value my family very much and I have the same reason for continuing with this proposal... family.

I will talk to my parents and move ahead.. I hope that is ok with you..

Take care,

Priya

Priya heads home. Sudhir and Shipra are enjoying listening to the radio...

Shipra:  Aa gayi tu... How was your day?

Priya:  Acchi gayi... Papa aap to bade ache mood me lag rahe ho? Kya hua? Aur Maa bhi.. kya baat hain?

Sudhir:  Kuch nahi beta... we were listening to these old songs on the radio... Felt nostalgic... I was remembering times before my wedding... how much fun it was... before I met Shipra... College days...

Shipra:  A little annoyed Shipra responds... Priya.. main bhi whai soch rahi ti... College ke din.. kitne ladke mere peeche pade the... Aur kitna mazaaa dosto ke saath... wah wah...

Priya laughs and enjoys the banter between the two... Actually Shipra and Sudhir were reminiscing the times before Priya was born... and after their wedding...Saying that means... Priya is going to tease them.. they just go back a few more years...Priya hopes in her mind that her parents always stay this way and she hopes that her relationship with a husband...(if it happens) will be similar... Staying together and working it out ... during good and bad times...

Priya:  Aap log sudhreange nahi...

Sudhir:  Arey beta... yahi hi life ki essence hain... Aur tu bata?

Priya:  Actually Papa aap se baat karni thi... Main na ek company ko request kar rahi hoon ki meri project fund kare... I have told them I will send a proposal for the project...

Sudhir:  Good. What would you like for me to do?

Priya:  I am not sure to send all the details about the proposal before hand... But send a summary... but with budgeting the whole projects..and a time line...

Sudhir:  Beta.. Mere in cheezoon main experience nahi hain.. But I think conceptually.. I agree with you... Send a summary but not the exact details... even in the budgeting and timeline... Agar tum chahte ho tho.. I can look at it after your done...

Priya:  Thanks Papa.. that will be good... I have student who is interested in this field.. I was hoping to include her for credits... and give her a chance as well..

Sudhir:  Badiya... Love the idea... Ek aur baat puchni thi...Did Ram email back beta?

Priya:  Haan Papa... He did... Just introducing himself... Maa nahi hain  yahan...

Sudhir:  Kya hua?

Priya:  Ram seems ok Papa... But...

Sudhir:  Bolo kya baat hain...

Priya:  Conference main I met somebody papa...

Sudhir:  Kya????? Tu kya bol rahi hain... Ek kaam karte hain... Ek walk pe chal te hain... Tumahri Maa kuch pata nahi chalna chaiye...

Shipra.. main aur Priya walk pe jaa rahen hain... Usko apne kaam ke bare main kuch baat karni hain... Back in 30 - 40 mins... ok?

Shipra:  Ok... Come soon... Pata nahi in Baap beti main kya kya batein hote rahte hain...

Sudhir:  Bye Shipra... Chal Priya...

Both go for a walk in a nearby park...

Sudhir:  Ab shuru se bolo kya baat hain...

Priya:  When I was traveling to Mysore... I had a flat tire... A guy stopped and try to help me... and I met this guy at the conference again... Mujhe yeh banda... very arrogant ... zyada pasand nahi tha.. after the first meeting... But conference main... I met him a couple of times... I was able to listen to his panel discussion, he came to my talk as well.. On the last night.. at dinner... we met accidentally again... But this time our conversation was very easy... unknowingly... I felt something... Not sure what it is... And when Maa messaged asking to email Ram.. I did... I guess out of courtesy or respect for you both... But I was not comfortable...

Sudhir:  Tu yeh baat hain...Meri beti ko koi pasasnd hain... Anyway kaun hain woh?

Priya:  Patha nahi papa... All I know is he goes by the name RK... I was late for introductions for the panel discussion... and when we spoke during the dinner... we never officially introduced ourselves... I guess we assumed we knew each other...

Sudhir:  Hmmm... Beta... do you know if he has any similar feelings or anything towards you?

Priya:  No idea Papa... I am so confused... Maa mere peche hi padi hain... Jitna Ram ke bare main pata hain.. he sounds reasonable, family guy, self made... Do I continue?... or wait to meet this other person?... I am not even sure if there is anything there... Main kya karoon papa?

Sudhir:  Hmmm... Beta...Yeh Ram ka proposal... Abhi bhi early stages main hain... Main sochtha hoon... don't decide till you meet him... If even then... you are in this dilemma,,, then say no to Ram... and follow your heart...Apni Dil ki suno... Aur tumhari Maa ko main sambhal loonga...

Priya:  Is liye I decided to send an email Papa... I wonder if it is just a crush on this man... which will not last... Beyond a few days or so... Dekhte hain...

Sudhir: Dekhte hain... Things will work out... To take your mind away from all this... sit and work on that proposal this weekend... ok???

Priya:  That is the best thing papa... Thanks...

Sudhir:  no problem beta... anytime... I am so happy that you shared this with me...

Priya:  Aur kisse share karoon papa...

Both of them... enjoy walking for while  and head home...

Thanks for reading...

Edited by doc_kash - 9 years ago
mlpratyusha thumbnail
Thanks for the pm...
nice update...

Cute_Saakshii12 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Read 10th & 11th part in one go!!
Love it!!
Plzz continue soon and thanks 4 pm!!!
reshak thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Awesome update yaar
Beautiful conversation b/w father n daughter
Very nice.. N thnx for d pm
ic_2000 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Lovely...
Thanks for pm.
Loved the conversation between father & daughter .
sampa123 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
good going..pls cntinue soon