Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

prav2 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago
Originally posted by: MaddyO

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Wonderful posts both of you. 😊

Line in bold, the irony is also in that only those who are upholders of divinity like you say, would be even aware of the nuances of the Mahakumbha, the Amrut and that there is a way to attain immortality. A common man would not be.

I found the scene where Shivanand rushes to hide the tatto/mark on Rudra'a back very interesting. Is that a tatto or a mark that he is born with? If this was just a tatto when Rudra tried to get it off it would not have healed by itself, nor it would have caused small turmoil in the atmosphere
</font>

I guess its a symbol he is born with like a birthmark which gives him all his supernatural abilities and makes him the seeker or protector as his name signifies.
Arshics thumbnail
Originally posted by: prav2

Garuda also signifies martial prowess,speed with it swoop down its enemy the serpents and interesting point is the bodyguards are also named as garudas and rudra also seems to posess all the martial prowess,the speed agility which was shown in the escape sequence .
There is also a tale from mahabharata of how garuda become the king of birds .It was said that the serpents had garudas family in capture and ask garuda to bring the amrit.Garuda went and fought with all and took the amrit and vishnu gave him immortality without even drinking amrit and asked him to be his vahan and serve him. Here too our rudra seems to be immortal without even having the elixir.He can survive under water and have supernatural powers.What interests me in garuda anecdote is garuda seems to be the true seeker of amrit and is powerful enough,but not for his own .He is ready to face death and has no fear of it and thus becomes a true master of death and garuda also known to have the knowledge of immortality.so garuda can also be seen as carriers of ancient secret ,the wisdom of how to be immortal and it could very well be the case of our rudra too.He may even embark on a journey to search the elixir to release his father.I still have doubt if his dad has truly eacaped capitivity.Could the guards have been really careless or are they seem so because they could learn anything from him by keeping him as a captive?

You know I had the same thought. 

He has grown up among the dead, and at an age where we do not even mention death to our children, he faces it day after day. 

This is likely to make him fearless where death is considered and may make him treat death as just an event in the cycle of life. 

Another interesting point - Garuda has always been the protector and savior even at the cost of its own life. jatayu who fought Ravan to save seeta, was Garudas son 
Edited by Arshics - 9 years ago
Arshics thumbnail
Originally posted by: Calliope

Before Christianity became popular, a larger part of Europe was practicing Paganism. It was also predominant culture in Rome before onset of Christianity. With its sudden popularity and rising political power, much of Pagans were lost and their culture destroyed. Paganism bears similarity to Vedic era with the way both cultures worshiped nature and primordial emotions. Gods were personification of something else; like Varuna or Agni for rain and fire respectively.

So its possible that Rudra is seen from that aspect - the protector of oldest cultures which have striking resemblance in the way they both thrived and had to move over for a larger than life religion.

While one connect may be with the common pagan roots, another connect may be in the political setup in th soviet bloc nations and the position of the church. 

Religion was outlawed and churches were closed, religion survived but in the underground. Poland which was in the backyard of USSR, was in 1989 th hotbed of revolution against the communist govt. perestroika saw the re-emergence of Christianity and religion. Could this also be another reason for using this as the backdrop? Church in soviet bloc had long been suffocated and was reemerging, so wanted to find the elixir to ensure unending power for itself? 

Thanks Hgg and calliope 
mnx12 thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 13 Thumbnail + 9
This mark shows Mahamrityunjay or Sanjeevani yantra. That's why that part healed on it's own.

truptishree thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Hey Arshiji,
This is Trupti.
So good to see your  posts again and  thanks for all the information about these things.
I loved all the replies also very interesting.
Most of the things I didn't knew.
Waiting for your posts and show is really intriguing.
That kid is really amazing.
see you again.
Thanks.
Arshics thumbnail
Originally posted by: truptishree

Hey Arshiji,

This is Trupti.
So good to see your  posts again and  thanks for all the information about these things.
I loved all the replies also very interesting.
Most of the things I didn't knew.
Waiting for your posts and show is really intriguing.
That kid is really amazing.
see you again.
Thanks.

Hi Trupti,

A pleasure to meet you again after so long
prav2 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: Calliope

Before Christianity became popular, a larger part of Europe was practicing Paganism. It was also predominant culture in Rome before onset of Christianity. With its sudden popularity and rising political power, much of Pagans were lost and their culture destroyed. Paganism bears similarity to Vedic era with the way both cultures worshiped nature and primordial emotions. Gods were personification of something else; like Varuna or Agni for rain and fire respectively.

So its possible that Rudra is seen from that aspect - the protector of oldest cultures which have striking resemblance in the way they both thrived and had to move over for a larger than life religion.

Very true and when I was looking into Poland and the Slavic paganism followed there came through a Slavic mythology which seems to be a parallel to ours the mystic bird ,Gumayun which is also known for its wisdom.

while garuda represents masculine gumayun seems to represent feminine .Both are large birds and while garuda is used as a vahan for Vishnu gumayun is a vahan for pagan gods.
rudra is also known as root from whom masculinity and feminity derived .I'm not sure if it connects to our story, but  setup  in Poland where the natives were  once Slavic pagans makes it interesting.
Meself thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
I am not sure about the pentagon but the entire tattoo rests on a stylized square which in Hindu mythology is the yantra of Mahakali. She is the fierce form of Parvati who destroys all evil.
kiranpri thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Really lovely post which is giving us so many information. Thank you everyone for this post which I sat down and read one after the other. I like this serial for its uniqueness in building a story through mythology etc. But most of all, thank you to everyone who is shedding light on these symbols etc. Makes seeing the serial more interesting.