Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Arshics thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago

Originally posted by: prav2

tfs.impressive post.one doubt .did you get the wordings written on his back beneath the symbol.what does it signifies?

No, the wordings don't seem to be in Devnagri script. it looks like an ancient script. Hopefully the meaning will become clear later in the show.
Arshics thumbnail

Originally posted by: panchaali

awesome post ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ

Thank you dear.
Arshics thumbnail

Originally posted by: ghalibmirza

arshi i am looking forward to yours and my lovely shana's writings๐Ÿค—

Same here, I hope Shana will be inspired to start making her posts.
prav2 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Calliope

Rudra - is a fierce form of Shiva. In Rigveda Rudra is an elemental force of nature known of wild fearless nature. Rudra here is the same and he is the calm before a storm. Which also allegories with Shiva's nature of bringing in order in chaos. He is blessed with divine abilities that is similar to a Deva warrior.

Yeah, it seems like Rudra will be the carrier of an ancient tradition. He could be embodiment of Garuda or blessed by or something along the lines. Below the symbol is some writing. I couldn't make that out.

I am unaware of the pentagram's importance in Indian mythology as I have only come across six pointed star (as derived from Sri Yantra). Pentagram traditionally is associated with Celtic / Greek mythologies and has been heavily adopted by Wiccan and Occult cultures. I was surprised to see that symbol.

Shivananda also has a tattoo on his right hand - was that shiva's face on his hand? I couldn't make out. Also there is some writing surrounding that.

I find choosing Varansi as a place for Rudra's origin ironic. Its the place where there are naga sadhus who worship Rudra. Varanasi a place where life and death have a strange relationship. And smack in the middle of it is a man who will have exact same complicated relationship with life and immortality.

Your posts are really good and I am looking forward to read more stuff from you! KUDOS!

-
Calliope

Awesome post.very impressive.regarding the pentagram i could be wrong but as far as i remember earlier hindu tantric writing have mentions of pentagram in it.again it could have from greek as india and greek had trade connections from earlier times and greek symbols has some resemblance to indian symbols and vice versa.
its also associated in some form of magic.rangoli patterns of pentagrams are drawn and cowrie shells are thrown over it to find answers.
The pentagram represents the five elements of nature called as panchbooth by us and illustrates minds control over these elements and interestingy pagans also worship nature and so there could be a christian connection too..as pagans are widely known to use pentagrams.
An interstimg point is the serial already has a danbrownish style and knight of templars are known to use pentagrams .Does it signifies they are carriers of some ancient secret is a question?
so I'm not sure what way our serial would take but hope its going to be an interesting journey.

mnx12 thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 13 Thumbnail + 9
The tatoo has a square too like a yantra. Check this pic of Mahamrityunjaya yantra here. Symbolism of pic at his back is depicts him as a protector.
He is blessed by Lord Shiva.  Part of Mahamrityunjaya yantra is covered by Garuda. 5 pointing triangle indicating 5 letters of "Om Namah Shivay", as seen in centre of this pic. Square in the centre is a yantra boundary. He is lives near a smashan, perfect enviornment for his survival. He witnesses many cremation, inspite of many problems death can not touch him. Enemies can't harm him. He's got his protection shield- kavach, strength of Garuda to over power enemies. All the pics used in Rudra's tatoo, are from Indian Scriptures.

http://rampuri.com/downloads/mahamrityunjaya-yantra/

Arshics thumbnail

Originally posted by: prav2

Awesome post.very impressive.regarding the pentagram i could be wrong but as far as i remember earlier hindu tantric writing have mentions of pentagram in it.again it could have from greek as india and greek had trade connections from earlier times and greek symbols has some resemblance to indian symbols and vice versa.
its also associated in some form of magic.rangoli patterns of pentagrams are drawn and cowrie shells are thrown over it to find answers.
The pentagram represents the five elements of nature called as panchbooth by us and illustrates minds control over these elements and interestingy pagans also worship nature and so there could be a christian connection too..as pagans are widely known to use pentagrams.
An interstimg point is the serial already has a danbrownish style and knight of templars are known to use pentagrams .Does it signifies they are carriers of some ancient secret is a question?
so I'm not sure what way our serial would take but hope its going to be an interesting journey.

Wow, this brilliant, I had no idea that pentagram was significant even in a Hindu context. Thanks for this information.

Yes, even I felt that Dan Brownish connect in the show. The show will be a great learning point for all of us, if it continues like this!!!

Arshics thumbnail

Originally posted by: mnx12

The tatoo has a square too like a yantra. Check this pic of Mahamrityunjaya yantra here. Symbolism of pic at his back is depicts him as a protector.
He is blessed by Lord Shiva.  Part of Mahamrityunjaya yantra is covered by Garuda. 5 pointing triangle indicating 5 letters of "Om Namah Shivay", as seen in centre of this pic. Square in the centre is a yantra boundary. He is lives near a smashan, perfect enviornment for his survival. He witnesses many cremation, inspite of many problems death can not touch him. Enemies can't harm him. He's got his protection shield- kavach, strength of Garuda to over power enemies. All the pics used in Rudra's tatoo, are from Indian Scriptures.

Awesome, thank you so much. Yes, the presence of the Yantra can be clearly seen and his connection with death through the shamshan ghat is so intriguing.
prav2 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: mnx12

He is blessed by Lord Shiva. Part of Mahamrityunjaya yantra is covered by Garuda. 5 pointing triangle indicating 5 letters of "Om Namah Shivay", as seen in centre of this pic. Square in the centre is a yantra boundary. He is lives near a smashan, perfect enviornment for his survival. He witnesses many cremation, inspite of many problems death can not touch him. Enemies can't harm him. He's got his protection shield- kavach, strength of Garuda to over power enemies. All the pics used in Rudra's tatoo, are from Indian Scriptures.

Wow very interesting.Thanks for this info.
appukrish thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Thank you to each of you for the Symbolisms and the details of everything else. Makes watching the show more interesting and intriguing. This serial will indeed be a great learning place for many of us.
hotdogg thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Heeey  Arshi...

Trust all is well..๐Ÿ˜›๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ

So Mahakumbh has started and nice to see you are back...

Caught an ad and thought of checking this side of the forum...

From the ad and your posts, it looks like this show wants to present a modern age Indian super-hero fare, perhaps anchored in Indian mythology to create the necessary gravitas.

Maybe a desi X-Men meets Immortals of Meluha...Interesting and ambitious if true..

Haven't seen it yet...maybe will follow it ..will scan your CB threads here to check how it is playing out...

Hopefully will catch up with old friends here...