The symbolisms in Mahakumbh

Arshics thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago
The Tattoo on Rudra's back 
The tattoo is the image of Garuda 

Garuda pakshi is the divine bird who was given the Kumbh conatining the Amrit and safely carry it to the heavens where the Devtas lived.

So, the tattoo of Garuda on Rudra's back marks him to be the protector of the Amrit and the secret of immortality. 

The tattoo also contains a pentagram - a 5 pointed star, which is a symbol of virtue, and victory of good over evil. 

The names : 

Shivananda - shiva was the one who drank all the Vish or the poison so that the Devtas could be saved from its toxic effects - here we see him suffering and taking all the pain on himself to save te world. 

Rudra - means stormy, fierce - something which has the power and strength - rudra was also another name for Shiva. 

The significance of the Benaras ghats - the place where people come to do the last rites of their loved ones, for it is believed that all the sins of this life are cleansed on the ghats of Benaras and the soul will go straight to heaven.
Edited by Arshics - 9 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Sadia_JenAm thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Awesome post. The significances are being portrayed quite well then i must say. The show has brilliant cinematography on top of it all. It's a visual treat altogether with this mindblowing script.

Arsh ji where r u...i miss your replies and bytes badly :(
ghalibmirza thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
arshi waiting for your lovely daily bytes and the beautiful poetry in the beginning😳
prav2 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: Arshics

The Tattoo on Rudra's back

The tattoo is the image of Garuda

Garuda pakshi is the divine bird who was given the Kumbh conatining the Amrit and safely carry it to the heavens where the Devtas lived.

So, the tattoo of Garuda on Rudra's back marks him to be the protector of the Amrit and the secret of immortality.

The tattoo also contains a pentagram - a 5 pointed star, which is a symbol of virtue, and victory of good over evil.

The names :

Shivananda - shiva was the one who drank all the Vish or the poison so that the Devtas could be saved from its toxic effects - here we see him suffering and taking all the pain on himself to save te world.

Rudra - means stormy, fierce - something which has the power and strength - rudra was also another name for Shiva.

The significance of the Benaras ghats - the place where people come to do the last rites of their loved ones, for it is believed that all the sins of this life are cleansed on the ghats of Benaras and the soul will go straight to heaven.

tfs.impressive post.one doubt .did you get the wordings written on his back beneath the symbol.what does it signifies?
panchaali thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
awesome post 👍🏼
Arshics thumbnail
Originally posted by: Calliope

Rudra - is a fierce form of Shiva. In Rigveda Rudra is an elemental force of nature known of wild fearless nature. Rudra here is the same and he is the calm before a storm. Which also allegories with Shiva's nature of bringing in order in chaos. He is blessed with divine abilities that is similar to a Deva warrior.

Yeah, it seems like Rudra will be the carrier of an ancient tradition. He could be embodiment of Garuda or blessed by or something along the lines. Below the symbol is some writing. I couldn't make that out.

I am unaware of the pentagram's importance in Indian mythology as I have only come across six pointed star (as derived from Sri Yantra). Pentagram traditionally is associated with Celtic / Greek mythologies and has been heavily adopted by Wiccan and Occult cultures. I was surprised to see that symbol.

Shivananda also has a tattoo on his right hand - was that shiva's face on his hand? I couldn't make out. Also there is some writing surrounding that.

I find choosing Varansi as a place for Rudra's origin ironic. Its the place where there are naga sadhus who worship Rudra. Varanasi a place where life and death have a strange relationship. And smack in the middle of it is a man who will have exact same complicated relationship with life and immortality.

Your posts are really good and I am looking forward to read more stuff from you! KUDOS!

-
Calliope

Thank you so much for the elaboration. This show can help us to learn so much more about mythology and scriptures and symbolism, and you have explained it so well.

You are right the pentagram has no mention in hindu scriptures, its more a modern christian relevance that I stated in a very simplistic manner.

but its addition in the tattoo is interesting. Anyway, Christianity is being also significantly represented through the child who saved Shiva today.

The irony is that the Cardinal looking person in Poland, and the swami ji in India - the upholders of divinity so as to say, are the epitome of evil and the good lives in the innocence of the child who saves Shivanand and in Rudr who as you so rightly pointed lives among the dead.
Arshics thumbnail
Originally posted by: Cornia_JenAm

Awesome post. The significances are being portrayed quite well then i must say. The show has brilliant cinematography on top of it all. It's a visual treat altogether with this mindblowing script.

Arsh ji where r u...i miss your replies and bytes badly :(

Right here, sweetie.

and so happy to be back with all of you.

Bytes will come, i am just warming up, doing some background study and letting the story pick up.

the show is proving to be very interesting and I am sure there will be lots to talk about an discuss in this story
Arshics thumbnail
Originally posted by: Orchid25

I love that tattoo :)

Ya me too, but I haven't been able to get a good still shot of it, and really study it well.

Chota Rudr is also really doing well, a very fitting actor to portray the bachpan of Gauti.
Arshics thumbnail
Originally posted by: ghalibmirza

arshi waiting for your lovely daily bytes and the beautiful poetry in the beginning😳

Mandy, 🤗

Aayega aayega, this is just warming up and getting into the context first
ghalibmirza thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Originally posted by: Arshics

Mandy, 🤗

Aayega aayega, this is just warming up and getting into the context first

arshi i am looking forward to yours and my lovely shana's writings🤗