Rangrasiya

A Parud OS - The Lioness

-Disenchanted- thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 9 years ago

The Lioness

She saw him. He was supposed to be in prison Rudra made sure of that. What was he doing here? That too on a night that the entire family was at the hospital to welcome the latest Ranavat, her son's playmate. Was he watching them so closely? She knew he was clever. He managed to hoodwink the entire BSD and gain access to their lives. She ran.

He followed mocking her. He wanted to laugh at her naivety. She had thought the kitchen would keep her safe. The same room where she lovingly cooked for his brother's killer. She should have laced his meals with poison in honor of her former husband.

She knew he could easily reach in and grab her baby. The window from which she watched the door waiting for her husband's arrival will be the one from which he will do it. She was scared, for the first time in her life. She had faced danger before. But each time her rakshak was with her. Tonight his brother needed him. She needed to buy time until he got home. Their child needed his mother to be strong.

He jumped into the kitchen, scattering the utensils. He cursed his luck, she had run out before he was up on his feet again. It didn't matter, he smiled to himself. This cat and mouse chase can end only one way. This house was completely locked down. Nobody enters, nobody leaves. She can run in circles all she wants.

She rushed to their room, cooing to her baby. They will be safe here. The teak wood doors will hold once bolted. She placed her child in his crib and tried to rock him to sleep, lest his crying draws their predator near. She rushed to shut the windows. Dhruv started to cry again when he sensed his mother wasn't nearby. He was scared. She picked him up immediately and held him close.

People always run to the one place where they feel safe in times of danger. The room she shared with her current husband was her sanctuary. He knew his guess was write when he heard the wailing. The child, born of the woman who betrayed his brother and the man who killed him. He wasn't sure whom he hated most. He kicked the door in his rage.

The door rattled with a force that shook her to her bones. But it held. There were repeated blows . It still held. The blows stopped.

He realised that brute force wasn't helping. He needed something to wedge between the gap. He looked around. In the cupboards, in the drawers as he pulled on them violently. He tugged on a curtain in his impotent fury. It fell down with a clang. The metal rod used to hold it up would help.

She placed her ear to the door wondering where their assailant will be. She gasped as she felt the blow all of sudden. She fell down almost dropping the infant in her arms.

He wedged it between the cracks if the door and pushed with all his might. The latch gave way.

She knew she was running out of time. She hid her son in the cupboard. Her rudraksh came off. She placed it on his chest and said her small prayer for his safety. She opened her eyes with the last blow and saw it, glittering in the dark, at the back of the cupboard.

He walked in triumphantly kicking the door open. But he was shocked with who waited in sight. There was supposed to be a scared woman on her knees pleading for mercy.

She held the sword firm in her gentle hands. She remembered the words spoken by her uncle when it was presented to Rudra at the start of their wedding festivities. This sword should be raised in defence of the innocent. She was innocent, her son was innocent.

He had left the hospital as soon as Aman had called tk inform that Shantanu had escaped from jail. He knew the man will want revenge. He rushed home where his wife and child were waiting for him. He didn't bother to park his bike. Just dumped it in haste at the door. The door was open, his heart skipped a beat. The house was quiet, too quiet. He raced towards his room. The door was broken. For the first time in his life he was scared, the destruction in the corridor didn't help his confidence. He took a deep breath and walked in.

There was blood everywhere. He heard the muffled wail of his son from the cupboard. He picked him up immediately and cradled him the way his wife had shown him. He saw her behind the headboard. Shantanu lay at her feet slain by the sword in her hand. She was in shock. She had killed a man. A woman who didn't want him to kill the mice that troubled their slumber, had taken a life. He kissed her forehead gently. The nightmare was over, they could talk about this later. He just brought his wife into his embrace as his son's cooed calming her a little. "Are you alright?" he asked her softly. She nodded at the familiar question. He was home, they were all safe. Nothing else mattered.

Edited by -Suganthi- - 9 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

SPraba thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Yippee I am first
Omg rithu wat a lovely OS. I am so glad u came up with this
I always had terrible memories with regards to this episode and never watched it again but this OS just made me feel lighter. The way you have projected Paro's fear and how she just stood firm when shanthunu walked in. Kudos
Paro killed Shanthunu and protected her son. 👏
I am just amazed and thank you so much for sharing it with us dear
God bless and hugs
deepsel thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Ever since I saw your PM about the OS, I tried to dodge all works and phone calls and came here to read it as soon as I can...And my dear ..what an OS..I am extremely emotional right now..Its so thoughtful of you to write on this particular episode..

This is one episode which I never rewatched and of course never will..I just can't see that sight of Paro basked in blood with horror-panic stricken Rudra and most of all that little baby wailing echos in my ears..Major major blunder done by CVs to show that evil always win over good..I felt disgusted that day but didn't loose hope fully as I was waiting for Myra to be Paro as I thought CVs won't be that cruel to butcher a soulmate story..but alas I was so wrong..they didn't care a dime..

But you cared Rithu..how I wish this has happened in RR..How I wish Paro is still alive...How I wish RR is still running with PARUD's family bliss..sighs..but the damn Rangeela never wished..

Now this OS will be in my hearts along with Zara's and JJ's FF of how RR would have proceeded and will be happy with PARUD till the end..

Apt title..Apt words and of course brilliant use of that sword from the initial episodes..👏

Thank you for this wonderful OS Rithu..you just made my day 🤗

Edited by deepsel - 9 years ago
Mano.M thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 3
I can't describe my feeling in words now
Words are failing me
Could there be a better end to RRians nightmare
Now I have something to imagine and feel happy about
Till today I haven't seen that scene properly
I just skip the episode after Rudra talks to Paro over Phone
I have made myself accept that
Paro and Rudra lived happliy everafter with Dhruv
And in future they might have  had another child too
This may sound weird
But that's how I consoled myself
But still some times When I see the scene accidentally or by mistake
It hurts like hell

But today finally I had a relief
I can't thank u more
Such a well written OS
I hope no RRians misses this
True lioness Paro
And Paro is sure Capable of this
Rudra's Paro and Dhruv's mother can stand for herself

I loved how u brought that sword inside the story
No I am not going to say Kash if it was like this
I know there is no use crying over spilt milk

So I going to hold this story in my heart and
Live with it

Thank u so much.
I don't know how to thank u more
U made me emotional today
This is the first story of urs that I have read
And I am deeply touched and floored

Edited by multimediaa - 9 years ago
prabha.abha thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
So gud u choose words so perfectly, I liked the way u described 
HerFiction thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
That was superb... Wish cvs have done this
thakurpreeti thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Hii Rithu,
Happy to see ur os again, its amazing beyond the word, seriously can't explain in words, this episode was really heart breaking episode n lots of pain n sadness for all RRians, everyone wanted that anyhow Paro was alive n u do it in ur OS with lovely way, paro killed shantanu to protect her baby, love it sooo much ''
kulfi89 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
How i wish dis was wat had happened in our RR... U r amazing... Thank u for dis wonderful OS... Really cant express my feelings in words after reading dis...
neet2407 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
This is wonderful Rithu and beautifully written and I would much rather have watched this than what we actually had to watch!
firsttimehere thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Hi Rithu 
I am happy you wrote this OS again after your FF. Frankly speaking , I read the first 2 lines and understood it was related to THAT episode and was scared to read ahead - actually really really scared. I did not have the courage to read anything related to that dreadful episode and accidentally the paeg got scrolled down and i could see the ending lines . And I was so so relived seeing those and then I got the courage to go and read the entire story 😊
Thank you for giving this alternate ending for the story. 😊