Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

dlip thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago
Purshottam karandakchya 3 ekankika - Ravivari dupAti 1 wajta Zee war.
Pooriya thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Good to know that Spruha is not taking break :-)
What about her ongoing play, Naandi? Is it still continuing? I desperately wanted to watch it, but they are putting up shows vary rarely, like once in a month or so. So have not been able to see it. Has anyone seen it? How was it?
.Neela. thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: Pooriya

Good to know that Spruha is not taking break :-)
What about her ongoing play, Naandi? Is it still continuing? I desperately wanted to watch it, but they are putting up shows vary rarely, like once in a month or so. So have not been able to see it. Has anyone seen it? How was it?

Based on Hrishikesh Joshi's FB post of Nov. 9th - looks like yes!!  He's saying they had 3 house full shows in a row in Panvel and Pune.  I too wanted to see it during my India visit (in August), but then I did not see any advt. for the show in Pune at least. 

I just wish they recorded these shows and uploaded on the net and made available on a pay per view basis like Apalimarathi does for some movies.  Managing to get the show performed live outside India may not be that feasible always.  If Abhijeet Khandkekar and Tejaswini P.'s Natak Ye re Ye re Paisa can be brought by Maharashtra Mandal to East coast, why not such good nataks?

Edited by Neela007 - 9 years ago
spashta-wakta thumbnail
Originally posted by: Neela007

Based on Hrishikesh Joshi's FB post of Nov. 9th - looks like yes!!  He's saying they had 3 house full shows in a row in Panvel and Pune.  I too wanted to see it during my India visit (in August), but then I did not see any advt. for the show in Pune at least. 

I just wish they recorded these shows and uploaded on the net and made available on a pay per view basis like Apalimarathi does for some movies.  Managing to get the show performed live outside India may not be that feasible always.  If Abhijeet Khandkekar and Tejaswini P.'s Natak Ye re Ye re Paisa can be brought by Maharashtra Mandal to East coast, why not such good nataks?

'nAndI' is quite good. Decent performances by all and good singing too. Ajay Poorkar proves again that he deserved to win the SRGMP Actors' schedule.

People like Ratnakar Matkari specialize in writing Marathi plays exclusively for the NRI market - like 'ekA lagnAchI goShTa'. The hallmarks of such plays are: 4-5 characters, minimum 'nepathya'/ light arrangements/ costumes, wordy with philosophical discussions with some comic relief and generally episodic, lightweight rom-coms. (Just as KJ makes films exclusively for the NRI market!)
nAndI has too many characters, all of whom are quite busy. It requires some 'nepathya' & costumes too. 

Almost too many Marathi movies being released currently. 'Candle March' opened y'day. Not reviewed too well in MaTA (2.5 / 5 stars), though they have applauded the subject matter.
dlip thumbnail
SW, you are right. Suyog was regular traveller with such shows of RM to US, UK, Dubai, etc.

eka lagnachi goshta was written by RM or by shrirang Godbole? I sm sure the lyrics were by ranga Godbole. And RMs other such drama was Char diwas premache

Chuk-bhul dyavi-ghyavi 😊
spashta-wakta thumbnail
Originally posted by: deepa911

SW, you are right. Suyog was regular traveller with such shows of RM to US, UK, Dubai, etc.

eka lagnachi goshta was written by RM or by shrirang Godbole? I sm sure the lyrics were by ranga Godbole. And RMs other such drama was Char diwas premache

Chuk-bhul dyavi-ghyavi 😊

I wanted to make the point about made-for-NRI-market plays by using ELG and RM as examples. Yes, ELG is indeed written by Shrirang Godbole and 'chAr diwas premAche' is the best example of an RM made-for-NRI-market drama.
Pooriya thumbnail
Originally posted by: Neela007

Agree with you Neela. I live in B'lore and we too have somewhat same problem, although we do get to see at least 1-2 plays every year, as it's feasible to stage shows here. We had very good plays like Kaatkon TrikoN (*ing Mohan Agaashe) here and also few Sangeet Nataks by Rahul Deshpande.  This was possible as the MandaLs are very active.
For people living outside India, I too wish such shows should be made available online on paid basis. By the way, there are few plays available on Maayboli, check out: http://kharedi.maayboli.com/shop/Marathi-Natak/  (I'm not sure of quality/reliability, as I haven't tried.)
maya_sm thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Hi Everyone. I am new to this Forum Page.

Does anyone know the name of the Marathi Actor who plays Abhimaan Saranjaame in Asmita serial?

The actor who is playing Abhimaan's Father Mr Saranjame was also in the episode where a small girl tells Asmita that her parents have hidden her grandmother. Khopa Madhe Khopa song which that old lady sings in the room.

Does anyone know the real name of Mr Saranjame and Abhimaan Saranjame in Asmita serial?

Pooriya thumbnail
Originally posted by: spashta-wakta

People like Ratnakar Matkari specialize in writing Marathi plays exclusively for the NRI market - like 'ekA lagnAchI goShTa'. The hallmarks of such plays are: 4-5 characters, minimum 'nepathya'/ light arrangements/ costumes, wordy with philosophical discussions with some comic relief and generally episodic, lightweight rom-coms. (Just as KJ makes films exclusively for the NRI market!)
nAndI has too many characters, all of whom are quite busy. It requires some 'nepathya' & costumes too. 

I think a few of Matkari's short stories were taken for Marathi serial Gahire paani. Is that correct? That was suspense/thriller genre I guess. It was quite well received. 
I saw char diwas premache on zee TV recently, but was bored and could not watch it completely.
dlip thumbnail
Friends just now at 8 pm on 9x Zakas, spruha joshi's LopaaMudra launch function was shown.

It was repeat telecast. Amruta Subhash, vina jamkar, Chinmay mandlekar, mrunmayi Deshpande, amber kothare, Subodh bhave, sidharth chandekar hya sagalyani Anek kavyatrinchya kavita vaachalya. Ani shevati SJ Ni tichi.

You might have seen it before. But thought of sharing.

Bharkaelya seraisl aaiwaji baghayala chaan watale 😊Edited by deepa911 - 9 years ago