Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

soapwatcher1 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago

Originally posted by: aimf

I wish you did not have to go, but I completely understand why you are frustrated with the show and wish to stop watching it.

A few weeks back, in this forum, I read a scathing analysis of Pragya's situation where the writer said that she was having the stockholm syndrome, where the victim bonds with her/his captor/torturer as a form of self prenservation. Was that you who did this analysis? Anyhow it was spot on, and it continues to be relevant to Prajna's situation.

I can appreciate that Pragya is grateful to Abhi for having saved the Kumkum hall and thereby the livelihood of her family; however, gratitude does not mean that one becomes a doormat and a handy punching bag for the immature husband with sadistic tendencies. Also, why does not Pragya communicate? Why could she not have shared with Abhi why she gave the wrong testimony that extended his stay behind bars? Further, while telling Abhi with a grin on her face that she had collected evidence that would free him, why could she not play the video clip she had made of the corporator? That would have convinced even the most hard hearted person of her intentions. However, all soaps appear to thrive on such contrived misunderstandings, conflict, and separation, with the villainous ones gaining the upper hand.

Why cant soap makers understand that relationships, and the stories they tell do not end with confession/consummation? In fact, they become more nuanced and complex with time. There are ways to show these adjustments that people have to make to live with one another.

I wrote that post about the Stockholm syndrome, glad you agree :) yes, she is still harboring the same symptoms, the malaise was very apparent today as she declared to self that whatever he does or says, her respect for him will always be on the uptick. Really? !!
renukha871 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: soapwatcher1

I can appreciate that Pragya is grateful to Abhi for having saved the Kumkum hall and thereby the livelihood of her family; however, gratitude does not mean that one becomes a doormat and a handy punching bag for the immature husband with sadistic tendencies. Also, why does not 
I wrote that post about the Stockholm syndrome, glad you agree :) yes, she is still harboring the same symptoms, the malaise was very apparent today as she declared to self that whatever he does or says, her respect for him will always be on the uptick. Really? !!

And I was the one who disagreed, but lately it seems like that she is suffering from that syndrome. I don't get this fascination she has towards him and I feel sad that she is feeling something for him under these circumstances. I still don't think their relationship was abusive, but I have to agree with you points there!
-Ramya- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Very nice post. The day pragya took character assasination blame without fighting for it, i lost total faith on cvs. There is no way tey gog to improve her character rather show her even dumb and nuisance. I seriously cant tolerate bunch of self talking dialogs from the leads and same resetatite dialogs between taaliya. Hadh hai yar. This story isnt moving any where. I pity the actors.
poiu123 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: VJ-LNMDJ

So who who enjoyed Tanu duping Pragya again ?  Who enjoyed Abhi taunting Pragya yet again ? 
Who enjoyed all the misunderstanding created yet again and Pragya offering herself as a sitting duck once again for all to play around with her ?

In todays episode , Pragya is shown as a dumbo who doesnt know the value of the clipping she has got and doesnt even safeguard it , doesnt even follow simple precautions like locking her bedroom door where important evidence is kept . This inspite of the fact that she knows the nature of Tanu and Aliya very well. 
Pragya is shown as a dimwit who keeps meeting the same people who have cheated her, betrayed her, insulted her , tricked her again and again in the past , yet she sleeps with her door happily open for the very same people to walk in and walk off with the evidence that is so crucial ?

And in the promo she is all coyness and smiles to Abhi instead of clarifying to him or confronting Tanu. Shameless, to say the least - and thats how CVs like portraying Pragyas characters

Is everyone enjoying all this ? Then I am the only crazy one out of mind.

I cant take such crap , not even in a show ...I mean so what if it is a show , they can really turn women into bafoons , can they ?

I have really tried to watch this show sacrificing all sense and reason. Now I have to sacrifice all respect for women and for myself.

I take it that it was my mistake to watch it so far , serves me right for watching a crap show and hoping anything will ever change.

All my anger today is at myself,Serves me right for watching. I have , ofcourse, nothing against any of you and nothing personal against the actors or makers. But creatively I totally disagree and as a self respecting woman, I totally disapprove.
I am quitting the show , but wanted to know from you ,do you like seeing women in stories being humiliated like this - one women stealing , other letting her steal , third also plotting, fourth always sobbing and so  on ? Do you like the way Pragya is being depicted as a perpetual victim of other people's whims and tricks and plans ?  

Bye everyone , it was nice knowing you and who knows, we may meet again in another forum another day.

Cheers !
VJ

Since you asked a question , here is my answer. I enjoy watching this show. The actors are fab (unlike many other shows). I would have watched millions of daily soaps specially Ekta ones. I never mix reel with real and never get that emotionally attached to fictional characters.
I am totally desensitized to these things. To put it very simply I don't care.

"
do you like seeing women in stories being humiliated like this - one women stealing , other letting her steal , third also plotting, fourth always sobbing and so  on ? Do you like the way Pragya is being depicted as a perpetual victim of other people's whims and tricks and plans ?  "

Why only women ? Why not men as well?
 I fail to understand this special sympathy towards female characters only or concern about their humiliation only. Why ? Are they supposed to be the weaker sex? I disagree.
I think men and women are equal. If Pragya is being depicted in a not so flattering way , I do not believe Abhi is being depicted any better. Alas, we have female members only in the forum , hence they take a stand for female characters only. There are some male characters in the show who are hugely flawed as well , Abhi /Purab , initially Akash also.  Suresh also has some flaws.
Hence no topics like "cant watch, CVs have no respect for men, especially for Abhi"
Edited by poiu123 - 9 years ago
flutterby thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
 I wish you didn't have to go...

this is the way.. hindi serials are portrayed.. for the sake of insane twists and longitivity, there is butchering of characters and evil shown winning most of the time.. while good prevails for a short time.. only to have evil prevail again..

don't watch the show.. but you can interact on the forum which I am sure.. is a whole load better than the serial itself.. why allow the serial to spoil your fun? 😊 damn the serial and pls stay here. I for one find it easier, not to watch and yet comment on certain interesting topics.. 😳 a forum is afterall a place where diff people meet each other to have fun and voice their POVs.

and this is afterall FICTION... which is not to be confused with real life afterall... why allow reel life to dominate real?
VJ-LNMDJ thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

That was a great post , one of the very best I have ever read on IF in years !

VJ-LNMDJ thumbnail

Originally posted by: poiu123

Since you asked a question , here is my answer. I enjoy watching this show. The actors are fab (unlike many other shows). I would have watched millions of daily soaps specially Ekta ones. I never mix reel with real and never get that emotionally attached to fictional characters.
I am totally desensitized to these things. To put it very simply I don't care.

"
do you like seeing women in stories being humiliated like this - one women stealing , other letting her steal , third also plotting, fourth always sobbing and so  on ? Do you like the way Pragya is being depicted as a perpetual victim of other people's whims and tricks and plans ?  "

Why only women ? Why not men as well?
 I fail to understand this special sympathy towards female characters only or concern about their humiliation only. Why ? Are they supposed to be the weaker sex? I disagree.
I think men and women are equal. If Pragya is being depicted in a not so flattering way , I do not believe Abhi is being depicted any better. Alas, we have female members only in the forum , hence they take a stand for female characters only. There are some male characters in the show who are hugely flawed as well , Abhi /Purab , initially Akash also.  Suresh also has some flaws.
Hence no topics like "cant watch, CVs have no respect for men, especially for Abhi"

Hi. yes I asked a question and thanks for writing in. No hard feelings.😊
Btw , you are free to make those topics you mentioned , I make any topic that I am feeling strongly about after I watch an episode.Actually I had hopes from Pragys's character and I was disappointed.

Anyways, it doesnt matter. You are entitled to your opinion and happy watching.
To me , I do get affected by shows if they show something I thing I strongly dislike, so I try to watch what I feel good watching and dont watch what I dont like watching.
And I am not watching this show anymore .
We can have different likes and dislikes cant we ?

Cheers
Vandana

VJ-LNMDJ thumbnail

Originally posted by: flutterby

this is the way.. hindi serials are portrayed.. for the sake of insane twists and longitivity, there is butchering of characters and evil shown winning most of the time.. while good prevails for a short time.. only to have evil prevail again..

don't watch the show.. but you can interact on the forum which I am sure.. is a whole load better than the serial itself.. why allow the serial to spoil your fun? 😊 damn the serial and pls stay here. I for one find it easier, not to watch and yet comment on certain interesting topics.. 😳 a forum is afterall a place where diff people meet each other to have fun and voice their POVs.

and this is afterall FICTION... which is not to be confused with real life afterall... why allow reel life to dominate real?

Thanks , I agree with you , I think the forum is a lot nicer than the show itself and I too love the people and creativity here.

I have nothing against the forum , its been very nice being here.

VJ
Lkb79 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

I have to agree with you it is utter bakwas the way Pragya is being portrayed. I watch the show once in a while and today I am actually watching it as I write this. It enrages me to see Pragya behaving like a dumb brainless dimwit. The way she looks at Abhi, her posture, her foolish self talk are pretty grating. Wonder what happened to the working, independent girl? Love doesn't have to turn one into an idiot. She can be grateful to the man but to lose her head over him and turn a deaf ear and blind eye to all his harkath is beyond belief. Daadi is beginning to irritate me too, why this harping on how strong her potha-pothi's love for each other? Doesn't ring true in the slightest.
Anyway, hope you visit the forum once in a while at least. Have enjoyed your posts.

The only hope is that this quick infatuation is meant to lead to an epic heartbreak soon, since Pragya is so naive about love and what it means (gratefulness is not love!!), and Pragya will learn a lesson and harden to love and willingly leave Abhi. Her newfound attitude will then become a future obstacle to a pairing, once Abhi finally pulls his head out of his butt, and she will learn what love truly means. At least that's how I would write this to rectify matters. 

The problem is the writers don't give much reason to hope (for me anyway; I know others still do hope).There isn't any evidence to support the idea that they intend to do something unique, or they intend to end Pragya's passivity and idiocy, or even that they intend to move this story past its present circular stage. 
Edited by Lkb79 - 9 years ago
columbia thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: flutterby

Well said, in fact usually this is the stage when the show has run it's course after a couple of years on screen by then you make friends you are all weeping it's all drama all over the place here at least we are here in the first year itself ðŸ˜•