Rangrasiya

The peace to his storm- chapter 20 updated on Pg 19 - Page 5

IISHAFS thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago
same here in your ff i really want everything between paro and rudra i wish he found his sister as soon as possible .

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

smartypants4593 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Hello again ladies... :)

Again I'm terribly sorry for being late. I have already started with the next chapter and I promise, I won't delay this time. 

So here's chapter 13... The next chapter will be a major one, so it'll be in two parts and ill try and upload them asap. Till then enjoy chapter 13. 

CHAPTER 13-TESTING TIMES

A morbid shadow had been cast over the Ranawat Haveli. Prakriti had been missing for the past two days and try as he might, Rudra was unable to find her. His inability to find his beloved sister was making him erratic and unhinged.  He tried to maintain his calm and plan rationally, but the dread of not finding Prakriti never let him. His team, who had never seen their boss behave in such a chaotic manner, tried their best to help him. Aman never left Rudra's side and they both worked tirelessly to find Prakriti. Every new lead was thoroughly checked. Rudra even ordered a list to be prepared of all the goons they had captured till now, in case, any of them still had a beef with the police.

At the back of his head, Rudra knew that it was all Tejawat's doing. But Rudra was unable to garner Tejawat's location despite the best efforts of his force. It seemed like he had disappeared off the face of the earth. They had searched all of Tejawat's hideouts, but all of them had been cleared leaving behind no hint of evidence. It was almost as if Tejawat was taunting him. Rudra's blood boiled when he thought of the things Tejawat could be doing to Prakriti. He silently vowed to himself that he would catch him and rip him apart from limb to limb.

Things at the Haveli were morose too. It was as if, without Prakriti, the Haveli had lost its charm. The sounds of her laughter, her stories of college and her enthusiasm were all gone, leaving the people of the house in a bleak state. Mala missed her daughter to no extent and was absolutely devastated after her disappearance. She had refused to eat anything until her daughter was found. Despite numerous attempts by Paro and Nandini, Mala stubbornly refused to eat and spent most of her time locked up in the room. She had tried her best to be brave, but, thoughts about what might be happening to her daughter always broke her will. She tried to control herself, but the scenarios she imagined about Prakriti got more gruesome, scaring her to no end. It was only after Rudra reasoned with her and promised that nothing would happen to Prakriti and that he would find her as soon as possible, that she agreed to have a few morsels of food. Mala trusted her son. Her only ray of hope in this austere time was Rudra. She knew that Rudra would rescue his sister.

Both Parvati and Nandini were distraught too. They had accepted Prakriti as their own sister and her sudden disappearance caused them immense misery. They also felt terribly guilty, since Prakriti was kidnapped while she was under their care. Nandini felt a larger brunt of it. She was the one who had suggested that they go to the mela that day. She was so wrapped up in trying to cheer Paro, that she had not paid proper attention towards Prakriti in the crowded fair. Nandini cursed herself continuously for her careless behavior. While Mala and Rudra refused to blame her for Prakriti's disappearance, the guilt ate her up from within.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Prakriti's eyes remained shut as the loud ringing continued. Her head was still foggy from the chloroform that she was forced to inhale. Still groggy from its aftereffects, Prakriti slowly opened her eyes and sat up to look around. The ringing sound continued from behind her. As her eyes got accustomed to the surroundings, she realized she was in a cage of sorts with bars prisoning her from all the four sides. The bump on her head continued to throb painfully. She figured she must have hit herself against the cold, hard floor when they had thrown her in this cage, while she had been unconscious. The rattling sound from behind her was increasing the dull thudding in her head. She tried to stand up but she realized both her hands and ankles were tied up, painfully tight, preventing any chances of movement. Trying her best, with restricted movements, Prakriti turned around to see a tall man pacing the length of one of the sides of the cage, back and forth. In his hand, he held a metal pipe, which he continued to bang against the bars of the cage thus creating the harsh sound.

Prakriti knew this man. She had seen his photo in her brother's numerous case files. She knew that he was the one who was giving her brother sleepless nights. She also knew that he was the one Parvati jija and Nandini jija escaped from. He was the monster who had tortured the both of them. Prakriti remembered the state in which Nandini jija was brought to their home. Every inch of her skin was covered in severe bruises and she had hardly been able to walk. Realizing that the man striding in front of her was nothing short of diabolical, Prakriti tried to scoot away from him, pushing herself towards the other end of the cage.

Throughout her movements Tejawat's predator eyes never left Prakriti. He continued to gaze at her like she was his prey whom he would devour the next minute. He continued the loud banging, which was disturbing her, like a poor animal was being frightened and confused with loud, pounding sounds.  

"Well, well, well, looks like our guest is awake." Tejawat said, smiling devilishly. "Looks like she is still a bit dazed. Maybe she needs a proper wakeup call." He snapped his fingers twice and the next moments, jets of freezing water were poured on Prakriti from all the four sides of the cage.

The icy water stung her skin. The relentless bursts of water hurt her and she felt as if the blood running in her veins turned to ice. She tried to keep herself calm as the water was slapped against her, but the glacial liquid made it difficult to either open her eyes, or to breathe. She counted the minutes till the jets stopped, leaving her sopping wet and shivering wildly. The water that had entered her throat had left her with a coughing fit leaving it completely hoarse, causing her difficulty to even take in gulps of air.

"Prakriti Ranawat" Tejawat said, addressing her, his voice as icy as the water. "I guess you do know why you are here. You know very well the havoc your big brother has caused in my life. He could have just listened to me and stopped. But no, being the proud policeman that he is, he had to ruin everything for me. Because of him, I lost everything and you, will help me in making him realize the pain of losing something important. Every minute that he struggles, helpless, is my victory. Seeing him like that sates my soul.

Quaking, partly because of the icy water and partly because of fright, Prakriti tried to maintain her calm. She tried to not show any emotion on her face at his words. She did not want him to have the upper hand thinking that he had succeeded in scaring her. Despite her fear, she didn't stop believing in her brother for one second. She knew he would find her despite any hindrances. The thoughts were enough to warm her spirit, reducing the physical sting of the cold.

Having the same spirit as her brave brother, she looked Tejawat straight in the eye and answered, "If you think for one minute that my bhaisaa is actually wallowing away in sorrow somewhere, then you are mighty wrong. My bhaisaa will leave no stone unturned. There is no way you can break him by holding me captive. Count your minutes, because my bhaisaa will find me."

In a way Tejawat admired her spirit. The shivering young girl before his eyes reminded him of Nandini. She had the same passion. "You truly are your brother's sister. Too bad, it is not going to help you long. Also, you don't play a big role in my plan. You are just a bait that I am going to use to trap the bigger fish. Parvati. She is the one who affects him the most." He said before walking away from the cage.

Prakriti, who had maintained a passive face till then, couldn't stop her eyes from widening in alarm. She understood what he was going to do. Despite being strong, Parvati jija was nave and she would easily fall into his trap. Parvati prayed to Bholenaath that her bhaisaa recue her before Tejawat played his cards.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As the jeep came to a halt before the station, Paro gathered the bag carrying lunch and slowly stepped down and walked towards the station. Nandini had stayed behind to take care of the house and Mala. She had packed lunch and sent it for Aman and Rudra through Paro.

Paro handed over Aman his lunch and assured him that Nandini was alright and she had finally stopped blaming herself for Prakriti's kidnapping. Aman had been worried about Nandini since the kidnapping. While he wanted to spend every waking moment with her, he couldn't leave Rudra alone with finding Prakriti and had spent all his time with his superior. They had even put their wedding plans on hold, given the current circumstances. Now hearing that Nandini was better, Aman felt some peace.

Asking him to stay strong and saying that everything will soon be alright, Paro went towards Rudra's office. Since he had rejected her, she had stayed away from him, but every minute of hers was spent worrying about him. For the past 3 days, he had stopped taking care of himself and was spent every waking hour in trying to find Prakriti.

As she entered the room, she saw that he had put his head down, resting it on his arms. Going near him, she gently placed her hand on his tense shoulder causing him to life his head. The tired, helpless eyes that stared into her own, moved her. She wanted to do nothing but hug him and assure him that Prakriti would be found soon.

"ACP sir, you haven't eaten anything since morning. Jija packed lunch for you. Please have something."

Rubbing his aching temples, he said he didn't want to eat anything right now. Despite the weariness, Rudra found himself suddenly serene. There was something about Paro that always helped him feel better.

"Ye kya baat hui ACP Sir" Paro chided him. "If you don't eat anything then how will you have the energy to work for longer hours? Plus you haven't had proper sleep since 2 days."

Softening her tone, she pulled a chair and sat down beside him and looked at him earnestly. "ACP sir, I know that these are hard times. But this is when He is testing your courage and this is when you need to prove yourself. Remember that day at the warehouse, when you had asked me to trust you and I hadn't? I curse myself every day for not listening to you then. I'll say this now ACP Sir, you will find Prakriti. I trust you. Prakriti too, is just like you. She is stubborn and brave. Nobody will be able to do anything to her before you get to her.

Hesitating at first, she then took his hand into her own and squeezed it gently, her unspoken trust and faith in him reflecting in the simple gesture.

Rudra felt his spirit lifting it's head. He was almost at the verge of losing it, but Paro's words had brought back the faith in him. Smiling at Paro, he agreed to eat.

A bright smile brushed Paro's face as she got up and unpacked the food for him.

At the Haveli:

Paro was cleaning utensils when the phone in the hall rang. Nobody was home at the time. Nandini had taken Mala to the nearby park for some fresh air. Wiping her hands, Paro picked up the phone. Wondering who it was at that time, she said "Hello, who is it?"

"Parvati, you stay away from me for a few days and you already forgot my voice?" said a menacing voice from the other end of the line.

Paro started shaking as soon as she heard the voice. She had recognized it as soon he had uttered her name.

"We have a lot to talk Parvati" said Tejawat, as Paro held the phone tight in her hand, fear gripping her heart.

Paro wiped her tears as she willed herself to calm down. She had to leave. There was no other choice. To save Prakriti, her jija, maasa and ACP sir, she had to leave the haveli. She would never put their lives on the line just to save herself. She knew what she was going to do was right. She knew this would end up being another of Tejawat's trap, but she had to take the chance.

Making up her mind, she prayed to Bholenaath for courage, got up and walked towards the door to leave. As her hand went towards the knob, the door opened itself on its own, and infront of her, stood Rudra, who had just returned from the station.

Seeing her tear-stricken face, he asked her panicking, "What's the matter Paro? What happened? Where are you going?"

Relaxing herself, she willed herself to stop crying. She could not let Rudra realize what she was going to do. Smiling she said, "Nothing's wrong ACP Sir. I was just disturbed thinking about Prakriti. I am just going to the market to get vegetables for tonight's dinner."

Seeing that he was about to refuse her from going out, she said, "Don't worry ACP sir, the market is just 2 steps away. Nothing is going to happen to me."

Reluctantly Rudra agreed and Paro steeped out. Before she could stop herself, she said "ACP Sir, I know that neither this is the time, nor the place, but I just wanted to say it."

Rudra stared at her confused, wondering what she was talking about.

"I love you ACP Sir. I love you more than my life. I know you don't share the same feelings, but that won't stop mine. I will always love you, till my last breath."

Rudra was too stunned to say anything and just stood at the doorway staring at her. Smiling sadly at him, Paro turned around and walked away from the Haveli, the intensity of her tears increasing with each step that led her away from the Haveli, her jija, her maasa and the one man she had ever loved.

As always please rate and review ladies, they mean so much to me!! :) And thank you for loving my story all this while. 
Please please please ignore any grammatical or spelling errors :)

Be back soon!! Until then :) 

thakurpreeti thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Nice update, waiting for next chapter, update soon
khankiran thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
aww i really liked this story😳😳...i mean..your story is much better then real oneπŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘..i mean how it is executed...and please please pm me😳😊...i want to read next part as soon as possible...😭
parorudra205 thumbnail
amazing update can't wait for the next part , please update soon.😊
KhushiParo thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Nice update, of course Rudra will save both Prakriti and Paro his soul but how I'm curious, hope you'll update soon.
cutiesmile thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

OMG iam feeling bad for paro..😭

I love your writing .. Please continue.
smartypants4593 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
πŸ˜•ok... quick help ladies... If you call your sister "jija", then how are you going to address your brother-in-law? Please lemme know asap!!!
πŸ˜•
Timepassss thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
This content was originally posted by: smartypants4593

πŸ˜•ok... quick help ladies... If you call your sister "jija", then how are you going to address your brother-in-law? Please lemme know asap!!!
πŸ˜•

sister's hubby is called jijaji...but that's in hindi

sister is called jija in rajasthani   now what will her hubby be called i dunno
kulfi89 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: smartypants4593

πŸ˜•

Its jijo... i think😊