Writers Corner: Books, Stories & Poems

||Short Story:Slice Of Life||

..MiStLeToE.. thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 9 years ago
Slice Of Life

It was my first day at new school.I was thirteen. . .My family moved to another city a week back and so I had to leave my all friends behind.I was excited but then I was nervous too.
"Don't worry Sam!You will make friends and I am sure you will have loads of fun."Dad said reading my nervous expression.I smiled lightly and nodded to him.
"You want me to come with you?"Dad asked as I stepped out of the car.
"No.I am no kid anymore.I am a teenager now."I replied taking the offence.
"Ohkay Little fellow Easy!. . .Enjoy your day."Dad wished me and pulled the car to the road.
I entered the huge building whose exteriors reminded me of the magic school of Harry Potter. . .I liked it somehow.
I walked through the courtyard. . .There were boys playing basketball in the BB court.But it wasn't the thing that caught my eye. . .It was the cheergirls.Okay!I can be creepy at times in this matter. . .I admired their white shirts and blue short skirts with their pom poms juggling in air for a few minutes.But then I realized I was getting late for my first class and I was yet to find the way.So I dedcided to watch them some other time and noted it down in my To-do-list in my mind palace'!Yes I am a BBC Sherlock Holmes fan!
"Excuse me!Can you tell me the way to Class VII A?"I asked the first person I saw in the hallway.The man looked fat with a funny moustache.I felt the urge to touch it to see if it was even real or not.But then Mom had asked me to behave properly.So I stood calmly.The man glanced at me from head to toe atleast three times as if I was some alien.
"Newcomer?"
"Yeah. . .My first day"
"Walk straight and take a left. . .The second room is VII A ."He finally answered with a slight smile showing off his milky teeths.
"Thank You so much"I replied politely.
"Welcome Kid"The man replied and walked off.He must have been some professor I guessed.
I entered the classroom and saw some boys playing with paper rockets and girls well as usual chatting about the last night's episode of their favourite show.I glanced at the whole room and I found it quite likeable.There were three rows of benches with big windows at the north end of the room.I took an empty seat besides the window and opened my books.English Literature was supposed to be my first class.
"Hey,Can I sit here?"A soft shrill voice entered my ears.I looked up to find a beautiful girl standing with a bag and a copy in hand.I doubted if she was as studious as she looked.
"Yeah. . .sure!"I replied flashing my charming smile.
"You are new here?"She asked.
"Yes!I am new to the school as well as city."I replied genuinely.
"OhI see!Anyways Hi I am Amaira"She forwarded her hands beaming happily.
"Hi I am Samrat but I like people calling me Sam"I shooked hands with her clarifying that she can't call me Samrat.I didn't like to be called Samrat by anyone except for my mom.She is the only person in the whole world who calls me Samrat.Even my Dad calls me Sam.
"Ohk Sam!Actually my best friend Aman just got in a relationship yesterday and as you know once this "relationship" words enters friend are demoted.So Joanna,his girlfriend wanted to sit with him from now on. . . So that's why I had to change my seat."Amaira said chewing the bubblegum in her mouth.
I was about to reply when the teacher entered the class.Our teacher started with a Shakespere play "Julius Ceaser".It was good.
Soon it was Recess.Amaira kept her geometry box in her bag and chained it.She was furious.
"Arrrghh. . .You know what I hate geometry.I just don't understand the concept of it. . .Stupid theorems!!!!"
"Same here!Even I don't like it. . .Infact I HATE Mathematicss altogether.I score the lowest in Maths."I said relating to her frustation.
"Lolzzz. . .We are in the same boat then!Hey Sam!Lets go. . .I will show you the school and will meet Aman and Joanna. . .They must be there in canteen right now"Amaira said and dragged me outside without waiting for my reply.
Amaira took me on a tour of the whole building telling me about the fun,pranks,rules and teachers.
"Finally this is the soul of the whole school. . .Canteen!!!"
I glanced at the canteen.Its interiors were better than my previous school but the crowd and its noise was same. . .Maddening and Fun.It made me miss my old school friends. . .I decided to call Arya and Jason after reaching home and added it in my To-Do-List in my mind palace'.Told you I am a BBC Sherlock Holmes fan.
"Hey Aman!Hey Joanna!"Amaira dragged me towards them still holding my hand.
"Hey Sugar!"Aman waved taking her in a friendly hug and Joanna smiled looking at them.
"Hey guys. . .Meet Sam!He is a newcomer and my new friend"
"Hey Sam!"Aman shook hands with me warmly.
"Hi Aman!"I replied with equal warmth.
"Hi I am Joanna"Joanna forwarded her hands and I took it graciously telling my name.
I became quite comfortable with them in a small time.
"You want to learn guitar?Really?Thats superb bro!Because even I want to learn it. . .How about if we go together for admission in the evening?"Aman said as I told him about my interest in guitar.
"Can we?That would be great!"I replied excitedly.
"We meet in the park every evening.You can join us from now on. . .And from there you both can head for music school."Joanna offered me.
"But I do not know the way"I expressed my confusion.
"Don't worry!I will pick you up!"Amaira said resting my doubts.
"Oh that will be superb!I am in!"I replied jovially.
The rest of the day went wonderfully.After the school dad came to pick me up.I did a "Time Please"him indicating him to wait for two minutes.
"Parker Street,right?"Amaira said as I told her the way to my home.
"Yeah. . .Correct!"I said confirming.
"Okay I will pick up up!Be ready at five"She said and she drove her bicycle to the road joining Joanna and Aman.
I paced upto Dad and hi-fied him.
"So how was it?"Dad asked happily.
"Superb!"
"That's fantastic.Made any friends?"
"Three. . .I am going to some park with them in the evening."I told Dad happy with my Day.
"That's amazing.Now lets go to home. . .We still have a game to complete which you left yesterday"Dad smirked talking about the car game we were playing last night.
"Dad you are going to loose it"I smirked back and Dad laughed.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

flyinghigh_ani thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
hey ,
i really liked this one...
the kid's story...πŸ˜†
please pm me when u update...

well the school reminded him of harry potter!!!!
y am i not there????😭..jokes apart...i loved it

love , ani

.nerfherder thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
BBC Sherlock, Harry Potter and  πŸ˜²
No way i am missing this πŸ˜†
Res for now..reading..
-edited-

No i didnt take one whole day to read your story 😳
Just read it now.
Adorable plot huh πŸ˜³
the making-new-friends phase when you are a teen can be really fun or really gruesome.
Quite eager to read where you take this.

Cheers
Nishi. 

P.S. BBC Sherlock and Harry Potter? 
Nishi khush hui πŸ€‘
Edited by Nishi.Kss - 9 years ago
Rockingbhardwaj thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
very interesting... loved it.. thanks 4 d pm
Incorrect thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
hello
first of m sry cudnt comment earlier

liked the plot
sounds really interesting
making new friends shown nicely
would love to read further
update

shini
Mansi98 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
awesome concept diπŸ‘
loved it😊
update soon😊
n thanx fr d PM😊
-Raj- thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
amazing!!
would like to read ahead😊
thanks for the pm.
Aru_A thumbnail
Haye...
How nice...
How VERY nice!!!!
i so loved it...
the feeling of a newbie...and amazing friendship croppping up without any notice...oh i loved it...
especialy the mention of Sherlock and Harry Potter...and the fact they hate maths :P
honestly...even i wanna experiance it some day...the feeling of a newbie in a new school...
plus the window seat, and a nice culture of school talk with a tour...especially if the place is like Hogwartttsss!! yayayyayay...and
Julius Caesar??? We don't have it until 10th!! but anyways, its really good...we have it this year...
ooohhh...canteens..yeah...
i like the...ermm...group of four...and
Guitaaarrr!!! ooohhh..i lovee Guitar, although i don't know how to play it...but i love tunes and ppl singing with guitar...yeeaaahhh...
and the way it ended...the smirk...'Dad, u'r gonna loose...' ;)
Oh, i literally loved it!!!
btw...i love ur username...
"Mistletoe..."
-"Probably full of Nargles though"
-"What are Nargles?"
-"I don't know, u'll have to ask Luna Lovegood for that"
sorry..i just get flown away in the Harry Potter world really easily...but honestly...loooveeelllyyy username...Mistletoe...

Aru_A thumbnail
i'm sorry...i really don't know how it got posted twice...
anyways...keep up suuuchhh AMAZIINGG workk!!
Edited by Aru_A - 9 years ago
..MiStLeToE.. thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Originally posted by: nehageet

Nice Updates

Thanks Neha :)