Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Bollywood_01 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago
Saw Mardaani. Whattey a film !! Completely blown away. My favourite police officer character ever in Bollywood !! Real, gritty and strong. Full marks to YRF for this film. One tight slap to those who said YRF is making bad movies.
Rani Mukherjee's best role after Black. The way she talks, behaves and hits-- everything is so natural. This film justifies why she was and is a better actress than her other contemporaries. Love her !!
The guy who played the villain must get the best debut this year. He was easily the best debut this year.  He was not acting sleazy..he talked and behaved the way normal people do. And yet there was something sly and cunning about him. I just cant stop praising this guy.
Special mention to Jisshu Sengupta, the other vilain guy and the two other guys who were assisting Shivani everywhere. 
This is the way police should be shown in films. Not the way crappy Dabanng and Singham showed.
Perfect acting and direction. Casting is bang on. The story was well written except the last scene was a little dramatic but it went fine with me. I wanted to see that guy beaten badly. 
Some dialogues were just amazing. They are still stuck with me in my mind, dazzling me.

Overall a 4.5/5 and highly recomended. 
DushtKanya thumbnail
Daawat-E-Ishq
I really enjoyed this one 😛 ARK and Parineeti make such a nice pair and I felt hungry throughout the film, yummy jalebis and samoses and biryani ðŸĪŠâĪïļ Overall a simple story, very cute film ðŸ˜ģ Loved it âĪïļ Pari's character was superb and Anupam Kher was hilarious especially when he had to pretend being a rich guy in front of the ladke wale 😆 ARK is charming even with his mooch ðŸ˜ģ

Will go with a 3.5/5
Edited by -Barun - 9 years ago
Jiyagulabi_26 thumbnail
Two states.
Although its not nicely made as the novel but still I praise there effort. Loved krish n ananya . Aloo look serene as ananya. I loved her dressing n she look simple but elegant. Ronit n amrita were too good n so revathi n Ananya dad. Songs were amazing. Over all loved it.
Mardaani was on TV and I watched about 10 minutes before I changed it cause it sucked ðŸ˜†ðŸ˜†
Rani mukherjee karate moves yeah ok ðŸĪĢ
kingmessi thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Had a day off today so watched both Khoobsurat and DEI. Now I was expecting to like Khoobsurat way more than DEI but nah.

DEI >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Khoobsurat.

I'd go as far as to say DEI is one of my favorite movies from this year. It was just really, really good.  Good and wholesome and made me feel so happy. Good performances a wonderful and interesting premise. I've been a Pari fan from LVRB days but here, ARK won me over! I WANT A TARIQ SO BAD. The love story between Gullu and Taru was adorable. Anupam Kher was hilarious, Parineeti was gorgeous and was lovely as Gulrez but my favorite character was definitely Tariq! ðŸ˜ģ Such a sweetheart. Also loved the songs - DEI and Mannat.

As for Khoobsurat, it was a nice film. I love most of the movies Sonam does. I didn't know of Fawad before but he's a certainly a talented actor! Loved the paint-balling therapy btw! ðŸ˜† Special mention for Preet - adored the hell outta this song, it was beautiful. 

DEI ftw though. It was awesomesauce ðŸ˜ƒ
Edited by ranbirs - 9 years ago
FireLordPhoenix thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Heropanti
This is a one-time watch movie. It was your typical Romeo-Juliet action film. The only things I truly liked about this film were the acting of the guy who plays Dimpy's father (his was the only acting that was not over the top), the movie's soundtrack (I liked a few of the songs), and Kriti Sanon (she's gorgeous and I preferred her acting more than the lead male's). That said, it was an okay but hugely lacking in the acting department. Tiger Shroff just seemed like a Hrithik wanna-be. I couldn't take him seriously.
BeingBlunt thumbnail
Bookmarked. ðŸ˜†
return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

Adventures in Babysitting

Found an old childhood favorite of mine on Netflix and watched it. This is a quintessential cheesy eighties flick. Everything is totally unrealistic but it has charm and humor. For example, how can you not find the little girl obsessed with Thor adorable? This movie rocked Thor well before Chris Hemsworth. The movie is full of classic eighties stuff like big hair, mom jeans, teenagers dressed like grownups and the boyfriend who looks like he is forty.  Keep your logic aside to enjoy this one.

Baarish. thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Bang Bang

F**k WHAT A MOVIE! I am blown away *_* Amazing action! Hrithik Roshan is the hottest thing ever I am in love with him all over again, what an amazing actor he is, everything was superb with him <3 Katrina was amazing, such good acting! She was REALLY good with the expressions. But man, Hrithik Roshan is PERFECTION. Damn his eyes.

4.5/5
TitansFan thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Haider...
I am more of Hrithik Fan, Yet listening to Tu meri and standing in front of counter wondering BB or Haider and went for Haider as I know Haider is not for faint hearts and not acceptable to general Audience so cannot enjoy Haider with Friends while BB can.

Haider is about love, betrayal, pain, revenge, trust, forgiving. Its a rollercoaster ride of emotions. 

From promos it looks like one man movie, No sir, every ckt has its importance and Tabu Nailed it real hard though I was hoping more more more from Shadhid, he was at his best. KK menon was amazing. Shraddha Kappor, plz quit acting but BW is filled with actors who cannot act to save their skin... 

I wish i can write in detail on haider, his mother and kk menon but it will give away many things which i wont want to spoil. Every ckt struggles and always has a option while the ones mostly effected ones are Haider and his Mother. At some point Arshee ( Shraddha) ckt made no sense to me, they could have happily chopped her. Even the Salman and Salman ,  connection with police needed a more scene or a line to explain more, cannot leave audience to connect things.

Can avoid loopholes but overall very good attempt of Shakespeare's work ( I havent seen Omkara, thanks to Kareena and saif). 

The locations are breath taking and amazing picturazation... 

3.5/5