RaBir FF -A Cast of Characters chapter 97/98 & Epilogue pg121/2 (4

crtkelly thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 9 years ago

So I finished Hennaed Hands, with the intention of taking a break, but then immediately got to thinking, so what happens next with RaBir? Then I wondered what would happen if some blasts from the past (Good and Bad) re-entered their lives... and a story started formulating. Now I know that this intro I have is basically Rabirless, but it is just laying the ground work for what's next.

Let me know what you think and if I should proceed.

Thanks!

Kelly

INDEX:

Chapter  1  pg  2                      Chapter 26 pg 36                Chapter 51 pg 84
Chapter  2  pg  3                      Chapter 27 pg 37                Chapter 52 pg 85
Chapter  3  pg  5                      Chapter 28 pg 38                Chapter 53 pg 86
Chapter  4  pg  7                      Chapter 29 pg 39                Chapter 54 pg 87
Chapter  5  pg  9                      Chapter 30 pg 41                Chapter 55 pg 89
Chapter  6  pg 10                     Chapter 31 pg 42                Chapter 56 pg 89
Chapter  7  pg 12                     Chapter 32 pg 43                Chapter 57 pg 91
Chapter  8  pg 13                     Chapter 33 pg 45                Chapter 58 pg 92 
Chapter  9  pg 15                     Chapter 34 pg 48                Chapter 59 pg 93
Chapter 10 pg 15                     Chapter 35 pg 50                Chapter 60 pg 95
Chapter 11 pg 16                     Chapter 36 pg 51                Chapter 61 pg 95
Chapter 12 pg 18                     Chapter 37 pg 54                Chapter 62 pg 96
Chapter 13 pg 19                     Chapter 38 pg 57                Chapter 63 pg 97                     
Chapter 14 pg 20                     Chapter 39 pg 59                Chapter 64 pg 98
Chapter 15 pg 21                     Chapter 40 pg 62                Chapter 65 pg 98
Chapter 16 pg 22                     Chapter 41 pg 64                Chapter 66 pg 99
Chapter 17 pg 23                     Chapter 42 pg 67                Chapter 67 pg 100
Chapter 18 pg 24                     Chapter 43 pg 69                Chapter 68 pg 101 - Mature Content
Chapter 19 pg 26                     Chapter 44 pg 71                Chapter 69 pg 102
Chapter 20 pg 27                     Chapter 45 pg 72          DblChapter 70 pg 103
Chapter 21 pg 30                     Chapter 46 pg 74                Chapter 71 pg 104
Chapter 22 pg 31                     Chapter 47 pg 77                Chapter 72 pg 105
Chapter 23 pg 32                     Chapter 48 pg 78                Chapter 73 pg 106
Chapter 24 pg 35                     Chapter 49 pg 80                Chpt 74-76 pg 107
Chapter 25 pg 36                     Chapter 50 pg 83                Chpt 77-78 pg 108
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Chapter 79 pg 109                   Chapter 86 pg 114              Chapter 93 pg 119                 
Chpt 80-81 pg 110                   Chpt 87-88 pg 115              Chpt 94-95 pg 120
Chapter 82 pg 111                   Chpt 89-90 pg 116              Chapter 96 pg 121                    
Chpt 83-84 pg 112                   Chpt91A/B pg 117              Chpt 97/98  pg 121
Chapter 85 pg 113                   Chapter 92 pg 118             Epilogue      pg 122                   

RaBir FF: A Cast of Characters

Prologue.

"Ra, If he asks again, I think I may just say yes this time."

Facing her friend, Rachna shifted in her chair as she tried to get comfortable. Unconsciously she must have uttered a sound of distress as Naomi came to immediate attention.

"Rachna, are you okay? Do you need anything?"

"Oh God, please don't ask that too loud Naomi. I'm fine really, just a little twinge, but the last thing I need is for you know who' to get wind of it. I've just about managed to convince him that I am okay to be up and about."

"Oh stop it , you know you love how KT dotes over you and little Aryia!"

Rachna blushed, "Well he is very attentive."

"And you love every minute of it; and more importantly, you deserve it."

"But you don't Naomi? Did you even hear what you said, You think you may just say yes'. There shouldn't be any thought involved. If it is true, you should be wholeheartedly ready to commit to Abhi."

"Okay Rachna, just because you are living a fairytale doesn't mean that everyone will you know..."

16 months later...

Naomi dashed the tears with her shirtsleeve as she recalled the conversation with Rachna. If only,' she thought . After the disaster that was Abhi and Naomi', only her friends and her precious god-daughter could have brought her back to Banaras. For all of her flippant remarks about her and Abhi's relationship, there must have been some connection if after all this time she was still shedding tears.  When instead of the expected marriage proposal, Abhi had instead announced his agreement to his parents' choice of a bride, she had been beyond shocked.  Perhaps she was just meant to live vicariously through her friends and enjoy the fact that if nothing else she had the unconditional love of her precious Aryia.  She rubbed her face dry and looked down to where the little tyke was napping on the blanket.

"Oh God, where was Aryia?"

Alert to something being wrong by the frantic female cries, Rajeev looked up from the rough and tumble bunch of seven and eight year old hockey players to see the toddler waddling onto the impromptu field of play set up in this section of the park. His long legs covering the ground, he scooped up the baby just as she was about to be barreled over by two players intent on chasing the hockey ball; oblivious to all else.  Obviously someone had made a habit of doing this for this little one, as she broke out into spontaneous laughter when he had lifted her off the ground. Smiling, he spun her around once for good measure before becoming aware of the breathless young woman in front of him.

"Oh my God, thank you so much, I can't believe that she could move so fast!"

Studying the young woman, and then looking back at the baby in his arms who bore absolutely no resemblance to her, Rajeev frowned , "A good mother would be more aware of her child's whereabouts."

"Actually, she's not mine, but thank.."

"Well that it makes it worse don't you think? The fact that someone has entrusted you with their daughter, the very least you could do is to keep a proper eye on her."

Her eyes glistening, Naomi looked up to him, "Don't you think I realize this? I wouldn't have done this intentionally!"

"Pari...Pari!"

Catching sight of one of her favorite people, Aryia began to squirm in the stranger's arms. In response Naomi reached up for her, catching her as she vaulted into her arms. "Look, thank you very much ok."  Holding Aryia close to her chest, Naomi left talking to the toddler, "Oh, Miss Tripathi, you are going to get me fired on my very first day on the job. Your parents will absolutely kill me if they ever learn about this."

Obviously it was the name that caught his attention, and had Rajeev pondering the vagary of fate that the toddler her had rescued was little Aryia, whom he had heard all about and was due to be introduced to later this evening when he came for dinner. Aryia Tripathi , and her highly irresponsible, impossibly young, and far too pretty, green-eyed nanny named Pari.

Yes/ No / Give it a rest already Kelly...πŸ˜†  

Edited by crtkelly - 8 years ago

DO NOT COPY THIS POST AS THIS IS EXCLUSIVE TO INDIA FORUMS

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

HappySmiles thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5
Yay, me first!!
Wow, you have come up with another story, what more could we want? ;)

It sounds very interesting. Update soon!! 😳
nividances thumbnail
So u did decide to continue with it...yay!!!!
As I have told u already I'm a huge fan of ur writing so I'm totally loving this continuation of lord khadoos and the princess next door. Can't wait to find out how Rajeev fits into all this. And for some reason I am getting really good vibes about Rajeev and Naomi (RaMi?). πŸ˜ƒ
sidholic thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Yeah!! u started!!! :P
Its very  start...
Continue soon...
Its awesome...
Princess.S786 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
It's great
Do continue
Thanks 4 pm
sidholic thumbnail
Originally posted by: Pookhi

Yay, me first!!
Wow, you have come up with another story, what more could we want? ;)

It sounds very interesting. Update soon!! 😳

Uhn i wanted 2 b firstπŸ˜­πŸ˜†
Anywayz...its a nyc one na pookie...
Seem really interesting...getting a new pair 
Do u think of rajeev n naomi?😳
sidholic thumbnail
Originally posted by: nividances

So u did decide to continue with it...yay!!!!
As I have told u already I'm a huge fan of ur writing so I'm totally loving this continuation of lord khadoos and the princess next door. Can't wait to find out how Rajeev fits into all this. And for some reason I am getting really good vibes about Rajeev and Naomi (RaMi?). πŸ˜ƒ

That's being clever nivi...wow even u thoght bt itπŸ˜ƒ
Seems really interesting according 2 me wht do u think😊
Sharlene1410 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Another story please continue eagerly looking towards this
HappySmiles thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5
Originally posted by: cuteangelasya

Uhni wanted 2 b firstπŸ˜­πŸ˜†
Anywayz...its a nyc one na pookie...
Seem really interesting...getting a new pair
Do u think of rajeev n naomi?😳

RaMi sounds like a good pair though, let's see what Kellyji has in store for us. πŸ˜‰
crtkelly thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

In the kitchen preparing dinner, Rachna's mind sped to the evening ahead. On one hand she was so excited that Rajeev Sir would be joining them for dinner.  It was amazing after the last few years of wanderlust that he ended up back here in Banaras, all set to rejoin the faculty of SVC . Both she and KT owed him so much and she always prayed for his happiness, but even she was surprised that of all places, that Banaras would be where he would decide to finally put down roots.  It would be wonderful to see him again this evening, and learn how he has reached this conclusion.

She paused chopping the vegetables as she contemplated the second matter at hand, Naomi. Under normal circumstances the evening's gaiety would have been all but ensured just with her presence, but today she couldn't even say for certain if her friend would even join them for dinner.   When Rachna had used her latest undertaking as the excuse to appeal for Naomi to return to Banaras, she spoke the truth. Much of her time would be monopolized with her new venture and she really would need someone's assistance with Ariya , but of equal importance, was her hope to help her friend overcome the difficulties she was currently facing. That Aryia's nurturing was to come from someone who her parents knew loved her as much as they did , was just an added bonus.

Over the past year, Rachna had watched as friend's natural exuberance for life depleted to where she was now just maintaining a perfunctory existence. It hadn't happened all at once, but when it did it threw all of her loved ones into a panic. Recalling when she had left Banaras after her breakup with Abhi, just over a year ago, Rachana remembered how her friend had gone into overdrive as if running from herself. It had been hard for Rachna to keep up with her for a while; it seemed that every time she heard from her it was from a different locale; throughout America and the UK mostly with modelling or her freelance media work, but eventually she made it back home to her family. And that was when she gave everyone cause for worry. Once she finally reached the haven of home she had finally let go, sinking into an incapacitating depression.  Recalling when she had received the message from Naomi's brother, that she had effectively sequestered herself there, worrying her entire family with the depths of her despair, Rachna knew she had to act. She had just the excuse to get her back where she could take care of her, yet also realizing that even to bring up the subject would cause pain .

"Naomi, I need your help."

"Anything Ra, just tell me."

"I'm finally going to launch Banaras Beauty."

The silence on the other end of the telephone call was deafening.

"Ra, if it was anything but that, you know I would be there, but.."

"I'm going to need help with Aryia, she will be just too much for Daadi or my parents to handle for any real length of time and..."

"How soon do you need me, Ra?"

Rachna had smiled as she sent a thumbs up sign to KT. "As soon as you can; did you need us to book any flights for you?"

"I got it, Ra just kiss my baby for me and tell her that her fairy is coming home."

As if on cue, the fairy in question walked into the kitchen, a little worse for wear.  She smiled wanly at Rachna, aware how disheveled she looked, "Aryia definitely won this round, Ra, but she's bathed and down for a nap at last."

"You look like you want to follow her."

"Yeah, actually I wouldn't mind to tell the truth, but I just wanted to check if you needed my help."

"Let's make a deal, why don't you take some rest now, and join us for dinner, thik hai?"

"Ra, I don't know..."

"Come on Naomi, I would really like for you to meet Rajeev Sir this evening."  Going over to push her friend gently out of the kitchen, Rachna encouraged her, "Go freshen up and take a nap yourself, and I'll see you later."

Nodding halfheartedly Naomi left the kitchen, feebly acknowledging KT as she passed him. Following her retreat, He was still looking in her direction when Rachna walked to him and wrapped her arms around his neck. Automatically her returned her embrace and pulled her closer to him.

"I thought the idea was being here would make her feel better, Rachna."

"Trust me, spending time with Aryia is doing her a world of good, but the downside to that is that she's also had to deal with the whirlwind that is our daughter.  It's when she's tired that she feels her worse, and she's definitely worn right out this afternoon."

"You understand her that much?"

"Let's just say I understand how dreadful it's possible to feel when things fall apart."

Kabir leaned back and studied Rachna's face. They had never directly discussed her time in the UK, precisely the misery that she, had found herself in, but he was well aware that Naomi had been a lifeline to Rachna during it. It was yet another thing on the long list that they owed their friend for. He tightened his hug, sharing her concern, "Don't worry we will see her through this."

Rachna nodded smiling, "Actually we will let Aryia do the hard work, and we will just pick up the slack. I'm sure that something will click and we will get our old Naomi back soon."

"Heaven help us then."   He responded nuzzling at his wife's neck. He followed her playfully when she jumped back.

"Stop it you idiot, or I'll never get dinner ready."

"Have you included anything I may want, or are you catering to our guest exclusively?"

She blushed tellingly, "I guess you will just have to settle that dessert will be your favorite." She murmured, "Did your meetings go well?"

"Very well actually; and you, how are things progressing; it won't be long before Banaras Beauty is officially launched."

She stopped in her preparations, "I can't believe that time is almost here; I'm beyond nervous if you really must know, KT."

"Your own bridal fashion line, I must say I am very impressed, Rachna, but I guess that still a no to getting you to design something for me after all we have been through."

Rachna laughed, "Allow me to keep  the peace in my household, Rajeev Sir, I've been advised before that KT doesn't play well with others, so  being the dutiful wife I am, I'll have to defer to his wishes to not design menswear."

"Need I even ask where he is?"

"Yes, he's still in the studio, but.." looking  at her  watch, "I can also say that you are a lot earlier than we expected for you to arrive. Were you that anxious to see us?"

"Oh you two are old news, I'm here to see this prodigy of a daughter I have been hearing about."

"Oh God, I knew that you and KT had been in touch, but is Aryia the only thing he talks about...how absolutely boring for you!"

"And why shouldn't I talk about the only malleable female in this house; at least she doesn't give me the grief like the others do."

Standing on hearing Kabir's voice, Rajeev walked to meet him as he entered the room, where the two men greeted each other gregariously.

Rachna took another look at her watch, and then glanced upstairs, before looking back to KT, shaking her head. She sighed, and stood, "I'll  just call Daadi , and then we will have dinner in a bit early, thik hai?"

Kabir reached out to hold Rachna's hand, caressing it gently. He sent her a reassuring smile and nodded his head, before releasing it.

"So, Rajeev, you've decided that Banaras is to be home again."

Wondering at the undercurrent of wrongness, Rajeev hesitated before nodding his agreement.

"Mummy, how many times are you going to call and ask the same question? I'm fine.  No it hasn't been a problem, I'm just here with the baby. Yes, I'm getting sufficient rest and yes I'm eating enough. No...no , Mummy  I will leave, I will seriously pack up and leave if you even think of sending him here to check on me ...ow ow ow, Ariya stop pulling my hair!"

Now joined by Daadi, Kabir and Rajeev turned as one towards the stairs to watch the young woman descending with the toddler slung on her hip,  talking on her mobile phone.

Shaking her head erratically in her attempt to free her hair from the vice grip unimaginable for a baby, Naomi realized that something had to give. "Mummy I have to go, I will talk to you later. I love you too...tell Daddy as well. ... Okay already, I will skype him tonight...but I really have to go. Bye."

Finally she was able to give her full attention to her aching scalp. Plopping down on a stair she firmly supported Aryia, while working to release the death grip she had on her spiral curls. "Just because Pari has interesting hair, does not mean you can steal it for your own, Brat!"

Standing up she continued down the stairs unconscious of the spectacle she had made, and headed towards the lounge, where she initially saw KT, "Look who is here, finally a break for Pari!"

Only when handing Aryia over to her father, did she realize the presence of the other two people in the room, "Oh..God."

"Beta, have you and Aryia, been in each other's closets today?" Daadi asked smiling.

Her feistiness raring after so long, Naomi sniffed and raised her head, "There's never not an occasion for Hello Kitty, Daadi, someone had to educate Aryia," Naomi retorted, referring to the matching pajamas she and the baby were sporting.

Encouraged, Daadi continued, "Will you join us for dinner and educate the rest of us then? Or at least tell us about your day?"

Shaking her head, Naomi began to decline, "It was nothing to it we just went to the park for a while..."

"But all matters of interest can happen in the park, I actually..."

Naomi looked up and glared at the stranger who in speaking was so ready to let the cat out the bag of Aryia's misadventure, and answered, "Give me ten minutes to change into something else."

As both Daadi and Kabir looked at Rajeev questioningly, he turned and watched the young woman's exit. When he turned back to them, he saw that Rachna had come back into the room and was now eyeing him in disbelief.

"Kabir, that is a very interesting nanny you've hired for your daughter."

"Nay, Rajeev, she's not the nanny; that's Aryia's Pari."                      

Edited by crtkelly - 7 years ago

DO NOT COPY THIS POST AS THIS IS EXCLUSIVE TO INDIA FORUMS