Rangrasiya

Why Rangrasiya closing is a good thing

DN2012 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago
As we mourn for the demise of our favorite serial,a naggin thought came to my mind.why it is a good thing that rangrasiya has closed its curtains.
From the inception of the serial,there was not very many viewers.us online viewers and NRi supporters clearly was not enough to sustain the serial.

And also I was thinking of the morale of the actors especially one like Sanaya's.She is the top actress and commanding top dollars.But if no one is watching her performance,she is bound to feel sad at one point or the other.I remember in some of the SBB/SBS she was saying watch Rangrasiya on Tv varna...
Towards the end when she was opening her birthday presents in One of the SBB she said the same thing again but with a lot of sadness.

The PH,the actors tried everything.The leads gave the best performance of their life.but nothing happened.The TRP knife hung on their heads day in and day out.and finally then the curtains fell,it was with the lowest TRP ever.

I know everyone will say no promotion,channel showed step motherly attitude and so forth.but I feel that when nobody is watching,there is no need for any of this promotions.it is better to shut it down.Free the best actors so they can fly and move on to another characters and give them life and be welcomed to each and every household in India.
We know that Sanaya and Ashish can breathe life into any characters,be it in what ever channel they choose.

I wish them all the best and will root for any show Sanaya and Ashish might do separate or together.
Chappals and tomatoes welcome.This is strictly my point of view.no insult to nay actors or forumwaalis intended.

Edited by DN2012 - 9 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

...Pwincess... thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
I agree that The trp was low at the start of the show but I honestly believe that if the makers had kept to the original plot then maybe the trp would have increased but sadly the makers deviated from it. It reflects on the forum too as many members left due to the plot change and the show lost loyal viewers.
Pinot thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

I applaud your post. Great point for discussion.

Here's my opinion on why  RR was such an international hit online but failed domestically.

I think television viewership is changing  - people want to watch shows when they want to watch it.  Hence the binge-watching phenomena of shows such as House of Cards, Orange is the New Black and Breaking Bad.  I didn't watch any of these on TV, but on Netflix, just whenever I had time to catch up.  Just I like watched Rangrasiya whenever I wanted to, all five episodes at the end of the week.

Something for everyone in TV  to think about.

And I agree, it is bad for professional actors to be associated with failing shows, no matter how brilliant.

So kudos to the actors for sticking around! 

And one more thing, when I was visiting New Zealand recently, I could not find RR on the Colors Channel there!  I eventually discovered it, playing at midnight, with no repeats. No one in my family and friends was watching it. People are sleeping then.

Enough said!

Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
The show's rating is based on 8000 homes in India, that's the number of people-o-meter fixed throughout India.

On simple statistics, imagine 100 people from a school write their exams. Only 20 papers are scored. Out of 20, only 5 passed. So do we say the school produced only 25% results. And the remaining 15/20(75%) students failed.
What if out of the 80 students whose papers were not scored, 75 people passed. If they were counted in as the school's population, the percentage who passed would be 5(out of 20)+75(out of the remaining 80)=80 (out of 100) who passed making it 80% not the 20% as described by statistics.

The rating pattern needs to change. How sure are we that the audience is not liking the stories when they are not even being counted in??

Urge the channels and benefactors to get the rigged system fixed. Only then good shows would survive. Blame game about Indian audience not liking good qualities shows doesn't hold ground. Why not request for the same on each social platforms along with the routine demands?? That would make more sense.
DN2012 thumbnail
Originally posted by: ...Pwincess...

I agree that The trp was low at the start of the show but I honestly believe that if the makers had kept to the original plot then maybe the trp would have increased but sadly the makers deviated from it. It reflects on the forum too as many members left due to the plot change and the show lost loyal viewers.

I think at the first TRP,the PH buckled.Honestly they expected a lot more,sice they were promoting agressively at that point.But They were shocked to see such low TRP.
Maybe that is the reason why they changed the script.
I was honestly hoping for character development of Paro.I wanted to see the hatred,the pain,the insensitivity towards the man who killed her husband.
But that dsid not happen.it would have been the best portrayal of the character paro and noone but Sanay could have given justice to it.

nitrit95 thumbnail
ive said it before stick to the xcript cvs rr was supposed to be an adaptatio of othello what happened overnite the script changed overnite cast disapeared overnite rudra n paro fell in love no buildup st shld have sticked to his script and even after that if trps were low they cld have ended it anywayin all this sanaya lost out the nost bec she put in a lot of effort for this role ashish won jhalak what did sanaya get being a fan of sanaya i truely applaud her for being a thorough professional but i feel bad for her i realy hope she returns with a bang
DN2012 thumbnail
Originally posted by: Pinot

I applaud your post. Great point for discussion.

Here's my opinion on why  RR was such an international hit online but failed domestically.

I think television viewership is changing  - people want to watch shows when they want to watch it.  Hence the binge-watching phenomena of shows such as House of Cards, Orange is the New Black and Breaking Bad.  I didn't watch any of these on TV, but on Netflix, just whenever I had time to catch up.  Just I like watched Rangrasiya whenever I wanted to, all five episodes at the end of the week.

Something for everyone in TV  to think about.

And I agree, it is bad for professional actors to be associated with failing shows, no matter how brilliant.

So kudos to the actors for sticking around! 

And one more thing, when I was visiting New Zealand recently, I could not find RR on the Colors Channel there!  I eventually discovered it, playing at midnight, with no repeats. No one in my family and friends was watching it. People are sleeping then.

Enough said!

Agree with you.Indian TV is still in a rut.the channels must revamp the viewership aggressively.
rohnali thumbnail
I just loved the first three or four months of 'Rangrasiya' -- I don't live in India and this is the first Indian TV show I've been hooked onto since 'Buniyaad' -- no kidding! However, after the introduction of the poisoned laddoo track, the story went steadily downhill till the death of Paro. RR2 , with its lightweight issues and inconsistency was, quite honestly, an embarrassment. If RR1 had too much gravitas, RR2 had none at all. No following up of clues -- that's been there since the Shantanu track -- I still don't know whether he was a genuine BSD officer or not -- no proper filling in of blanks -- just banality and an ending a five-year-old could have predicted. Was it a happy ending? With Rudra getting hitched to a girl who calmly jilted her fiance at the mandap for him? Not nice at all.
So why do we want this back on screen? The actors were all exceptionally good, but in the end, the story is king. That's why so many die-hard fans stopped watching RR2 after a while.     
binivenugopal thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

I think  the initial promos were promising and it doesn't gel with the audience, when the show started. May be it didn't appeal the audience or it can't surpass the expectation of them.
it is promoted very well and channel ,production house and everyone assosiated with it have greater  expectation and we can't say that people are unaware of the show and it got noticed not only on media but even in the industry as well and no one in that time thought that TRPS would have been low.but sadly it does.
i think very first  few episodes of the show is critical.people do try to watch it and may be doesn't like it and didn't came back and when the original story line got changed with few lame track the existing loyal audience too left.
i think public proposal of paro in an digintary function and the way BSD office have shown and many things.i think they should do some home work before showing BSD office and what all jobs and tasks they doing .because we all know that military offices are highly sensitive place and should be shown much more believable way as people will definitely take notice of things when they are seeing something  else out of business offices normally in other shows.
The concept of the story is good though it failed in its execution is the fact.
I still believe that  if there is some changes in the scenes in the beginning of the show and some characterizations may have change the fate of our show.
i mean in the promos,it is clearly evident that paro is under his custody and she is trying hard to make her free from him.so if the show starts from that angle and later in the FBS of paro it shown that the life of her before marrige and how happy she was befoer  she met rudra will definitely garner sympathy of the audience.
the doll connection between them also can shown indirectly as he think about it and we can assume that the girl in her thought is none other than her.
and most disgusting thing is the characrterization of laila.if she was shown as one sided obsessive lover of rudra and she is  jealous of paro was more convincing  though it is normal type of vamp but still i don't think general audiences are generous enough to watch physical intimacy of hero with vamp that too in the first scene of her introduction.
it is also out of character for rudra because he hates women and having relationship with a women for long time without commiment doesn't gel and also he was always shown as sensitive,weak man inside and trying to be hard outside  but always  good at heart .then how can he can maintain a relationship for a long term without emotional attachment ?
if laila act as a fake friend of paro and trying to increase the rift between paro and rudra and helping hand of tejawat then there is more scope for character as well.
and the complete denial of the village Birpur after marriage of paro is another loophole.she has become widow and uner detention of army and the life of hers after she returns Birpur and the treatment of villagers towards her as the supersitions  and taboos in villages are tough and if all these things shown in more realistic way then audiences are definitiely going to like it
the Tejawat fiscao too can handle better it is more realistic if paro herself find out that tejawat is villan and then she can fought back and trying to convince the villagers that he is terroist.
she can feel guility of herself for not believing rudra and trying win his trust and from there onwards their love story can kick start.
if things  goes on its order i think the love story starts  only after first year complets but it will be more realistic and there is no need for forced romance as shown in haldi,mehendi track.
The care and unknown concern for each other is only needed in the earlier months because in any love story the highlight will be the recognition of love and acceptance of love each other.the audience will have to be eager when it is going to happend.
i still think that if the story executes well RR can easily run for 2 years at least  for sure.there is no need for lame tracks like ladoo track and social workers entry and rushed tracks and killing of paro and all if everything handled neatly.
i am talking more on the TRP perspctive and above mentioned things are on that perspective only, that doesn't mean that RR was that bad.
i know all actors are done their job really good and dialouges were too good in many episodes and there is lot of positive things
but the gripping story line and tracks are deciding the fate of the show no matter how good actor you are that is why many shows having average actors doing well in the charts.

RR bids farewell and digging it too much is unnecessary
but  i only trying to say about what all things could have help our show and what not.
spate22 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 2 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: binivenugopal

I think  the initial promos were promising and it doesn't gel with the audience, when the show started. May be it didn't appeal the audience or it can't surpass the expectation of them.
it is promoted very well and channel ,production house and everyone assosiated with it have greater  expectation and we can't say that people are unaware of the show and it got noticed not only on media but even in the industry as well and no one in that time thought that TRPS would have been low.but sadly it does.
i think very first  few episodes of the show is critical.people do try to watch it and may be doesn't like it and didn't came back and when the original story line got changed with few lame track the existing loyal audience too left.
i think public proposal of paro in an digintary function and the way BSD office have shown and many things.i think they should do some home work before showing BSD office and what all jobs and tasks they doing .because we all know that military offices are highly sensitive place and should be shown much more believable way as people will definitely take notice of things when they are seeing something  else out of business offices normally in other shows.
The concept of the story is good though it failed in its execution is the fact.
I still believe that  if there is some changes in the scenes in the beginning of the show and some characterizations may have change the fate of our show.
i mean in the promos,it is clearly evident that paro is under his custody and she is trying hard to make her free from him.so if the show starts from that angle and later in the FBS of paro it shown that the life of her before marrige and how happy she was befoer  she met rudra will definitely garner sympathy of the audience.
the doll connection between them also can shown indirectly as he think about it and we can assume that the girl in her thought is none other than her.
and most disgusting thing is the characrterization of laila.if she was shown as one sided obsessive lover of rudra and she is  jealous of paro was more convincing  though it is normal type of vamp but still i don't think general audiences are generous enough to watch physical intimacy of hero with vamp that too in the first scene of her introduction.
it is also out of character for rudra because he hates women and having relationship with a women for long time without commiment doesn't gel and also he was always shown as sensitive,weak man inside and trying to be hard outside  but always  good at heart .then how can he can maintain a relationship for a long term without emotional attachment ?
if laila act as a fake friend of paro and trying to increase the rift between paro and rudra and helping hand of tejawat then there is more scope for character as well.
and the complete denial of the village Birpur after marriage of paro is another loophole.she has become widow and uner detention of army and the life of hers after she returns Birpur and the treatment of villagers towards her as the supersitions  and taboos in villages are tough and if all these things shown in more realistic way then audiences are definitiely going to like it
the Tejawat fiscao too can handle better it is more realistic if paro herself find out that tejawat is villan and then she can fought back and trying to convince the villagers that he is terroist.
she can feel guility of herself for not believing rudra and trying win his trust and from there onwards their love story can kick start.
if things  goes on its order i think the love story starts  only after first year complets but it will be more realistic and there is no need for forced romance as shown in haldi,mehendi track.
The care and unknown concern for each other is only needed in the earlier months because in any love story the highlight will be the recognition of love and acceptance of love each other.the audience will have to be eager when it is going to happend.
i still think that if the story executes well RR can easily run for 2 years at least  for sure.there is no need for lame tracks like ladoo track and social workers entry and rushed tracks and killing of paro and all if everything handled neatly.
i am talking more on the TRP perspctive and above mentioned things are on that perspective only, that doesn't mean that RR was that bad.
i know all actors are done their job really good and dialouges were too good in many episodes and there is lot of positive things
but the gripping story line and tracks are deciding the fate of the show no matter how good actor you are that is why many shows having average actors doing well in the charts.

RR bids farewell and digging it too much is unnecessary
but  i only trying to say about what all things could have help our show and what not.

The things you pointed out are valid but who knows maybe this was their intention! In the beginning it was mentioned that the channel was interfering in the story before the  launch!! ðŸ˜¡ I also agree the love story should've came later but I think TRP people are impatient people!! Unless someone is married, they won't watch!! That is the truth!! So, another way they could've done it is that they kept the little Rudra and little Paro a little longer in the beginning!! Like atleast for the first two weeks or so!! Cause it looks like TRP people seem to like shows that have kids intially!! Like BV , now Udaan!! Even Ekta's TL!! ðŸ˜•

Shreya