Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sp108 thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 9 years ago
Nice post Mandy...got me thinking whether there will be a leap...and I feel with JA occupying the top 2 slots in TRPs since past few weeks, there may not be a leap(if the trend continues)...But you have given very valid reasons for JA having a leap. 
The serial has lost its charm, and Zee does not seem to have a big problem with that. So I am sceptical about the leap to Salim-Anarkali story.

myviewprem thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
I do not want a Salim-Anarkali track because EK and team are not capable of showing any historical story matured manner everything is shown like a 21st century saas-bahu show only. They have anyway made mess of JA story and Akbar has became a biwi ka ghulam character compared to the true alpha male he was in real history.

So instead of that here are my suggestions if leap happens

Salim being born and the start of new responsibility as parents. All the issues that arise as parents of a baby late nights, no sleep, over work, excitement of why baby is crying, wondering why baby is silent, efforts to make a crying baby silent all these are new experience to a parent.

Salim's first walk, first words, the excitement to be called abu and masa first time by parents or a bhaijaan by brother or dadi by hamida, the fights over which clothe baby must wear on first birthday, the excitement when baby goes out first time etc

Both Akbar and Jodha teaching him something new may be holy book or story or A,B, C etc, becoming a horse to baby first time, Salim demanding a new toy and Akbar going to great extent to fetch it, jodha cooking for Salim, playing with him, going to school first time etc

The slow distancing and fights between a rebellious Salim and a strict Akbar, jodha struck bet both etc

sun29 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 2

mandy ..they cannot take a leap with salim anarkali in mind..given how much ever they stretch ..the track cannot go beyond a couple of months ..and then they have to focus on maan bai jagat and noorjehan...so why sell it as anarkali love story...and given EK ka treatment ..she will make maan bai and jagat some holier than thou character and noor jehan a complete vamp ...and this i refuse to see given she is one of my favorite historical figures...EK will completely butcher everything like she is doing now...she does not have the guts or courage to depict anything that is true..her heroines cannot be wise ,shrewd and grey ...they have to be naive to the point of utterly foolish ...and it does not matter to her if it was the Queen of India or virani household bahu...both are same for her...

so no i do not wish to see her massacre something that madhubala and dilip kumar have created ...

and yes given the state of the show right now which is getting increasingly frustrating ,she rather end it with salim's birth and take an oath never ever to touch a historical and never use the term epic love story again...

i have more or less lost interest in the show ...unless they set right what is wrong...it has been a year and more and we are still waiting for that passionate love story and i have given up hopes of it ever happening...

and i sincerely hope someone from the team is reading this thread to see how disappointed the viewers are 

as for rajat playing the wise strong Akbar ..i have no doubts he will do a fine job of it ...but then i have not an iota of doubt that Ek ka creatives will make him sing praises of Anarkali and Jodha will be once again running around to sav ethe istree ka samman and making the nauch girl the next Empress of India 
Edited by sun29 - 9 years ago
ChupChupKe thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Originally posted by: smile.sara

Hmm. ... 

Ruku can't be full time vamp for obvious reason that she was not tht bad in reality nor looks good in negative character... When ever they show harem full polics jodha vs ruku trp gets down only those Sbs works where all harem works together like mirchi war 
Let's see trp puller tracks 

Ruku MC
Vishpan week
Mirchi war
The concluding week of atifa track
Adham atga historical week 

There is no  high trp track which supports Sbs with jodha vs ruku

Only mirchi war was fully women power oriented where both jodha and ruku were standing shoulder to shoulder 

So I believe jodha akbar trp audience are not  interesting in chawl type Sbs tracks in this royal historical  love story ...they want to see grace of royalty 

War they can't show as u already described ...first of all jalal must have to go out from his haunted harem... He is really one most useless free soul in Agra palace... It can't happen according to daily soap formula ... Most of the heros remain at home roaming around heroin or they have no role in show ...

Salim Anarkali plot don't support Mahri jodha shakti andolan... Salim Anarkali story has sad end ... Acc to story ...love lost with the power ... How can it be possible when there is Ekta jodha ... Do u remember k asif jodha ðŸ¤£

Now compare both jodha ... There is not a single thing common in btw k asif jodha akbar and Ekta jodha akbar ... 
K asif jodha didn't dare to argue akbar she's requested which was denied by akbar strongly 
Here Ekta akbar can't dare to talk to her in loud voice ... Area yah tau agar moti sae bhi  without big smile baat kr lega tau akbar the great ... Greatness comes on stake ... Tau according to mahanta and and prem shakti andolen theorem whether Anarkali should be vamp herself like benzo and atifa ... Or if she will be like k asif Anarkali how can this papoo akbar can'go against love ... Did u forget his speech in DEk about Shivani and d kangi man ...

Locha  hae Bahai bohat Locha hae 

sara di The BEK Election Week along wd ME fetched HIGHEST TRP for the show . SPECIALLY THE MAHAEPISODE  (JODHA VS RQ ) , THAT ME GOT THE BEST EVER RATING Till date .. ðŸ˜ŠðŸ˜Š  
elasingh thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: ---Khushi---

@bold underlined:
Do you honestly think it's possible to have even warm (forget hot ðŸ˜†) romance between our leads????...I for one, have given up hope...😃

Imho, the only way possible to increase the romance quotient in the show between Jodha & Akbar is by replacing one of the leads...whichever lead is uncomfortable with romantic scenes...😊

Earlier, there had been a problem with a most innocent cheek kiss...recently, we saw Akbar kissing his own hand, trying to portray it as Jo's hand ðŸ¤£

The romance between our leads is getting worse by the day...n I'm finding this intolerable 

Rajat kissed his own hands?😲🤣...In which scene? Plz tell me...
Dexterity thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
I have read all your views here and I appreciate them.
Mandy,I am so confused with my views and would like to anticipate the future happenings of the show with enthusiasm.

Until then folks-

"What we call the beginning is often the end.And to make an end is to make a beginning.The end is where we start from."

T.S. Eliot   ðŸ˜‰

This suffices it.
Great posts everyone!!
Edited by lasyap3 - 9 years ago
Khushi_love thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: elasingh

Rajat kissed his own hands?😲🤣...In which scene? Plz tell me...

Ela...that day only, when Jo said that epic dialogue, "Aap humein chhoone ke naye naye bahaane dhoondte rehte hain..." ...

n RT ( not Jalal), laughed his head off...😆

Watch that entire scene again...I dont remember which date...😕

elasingh thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
OK dear Khushi ...I will watch...and yes it was RT laughing not Jallu...
Sandhya.A thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: ---Khushi---

Mandy...

1) Salim Anarkali is pure lore...no reality...some lores mention  Anarkali as Akbar's concubine, n Salim n Anarkali fell in love...I for one, find this disgusting...🤢

Then what about THIS Jodha ?... fiction at its imaginative best.🤢 The real Heer Kunvri wouldn't have been a tenth as dominating over Akbar as this one...hum aapko maargdarshan karenge...like really? When she needs so much maarg-darshaning herself. The real HK would have been more graceful, queenly, oozing royalty, the kind on seeing whom your hands would fold themselves in pranam out of respect, so much of inner power and external softness to have captured the heart and thoughts of a great man like Akbar. Certainly not like this over-confident, self-satisfied  and blinded to self-faults  Woman's rights activist.

Pure lore is sometimes better than history bended and twisted to suit EK heroine formula.😊

2) but i agree with you about the non passion element of JA as of now...bland khichdi. ...n audience is craving for chicken biryani. ..😆...Looks like EK has begun ground work for SA...with MA's curse. ...n will show Salim as na farmaan. ...frankly, a womaniser ' s romance with a concubine does not appeal to me...not one bit ðŸ˜ƒ...im a bit old fashioned in these matters...😳

Arre yaar, bland khichadi would have been better...this is cabbage soup,...yesterday's. Please see the ME shoulder hug, clear 2 feet gap and minimum touching. Looks contrived and deliberate. They need not hug at all if uncomfortable. But this is like telling - dunno where my dad is. He can be anywhere except in this haystack.

3) But one thing I'm sure of...I dont wish to see this JA any more...im being unable to tolerate this nonsense any more...i didn't see the ME yesterday...n reading the update, I don't intend to, either ðŸ¤¢...frankly, if leap comes, n they show SA romance, i dont really know how interested I might be in watching it, however much passionate it might be...😃

If Rajat plays Salim, and the co-star is really better than this one, I certainly would love to see it.😃
The biggest bonus would be that Anarkali doesn't bhaashan.😆

Sandhya.A thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: sashashyam

What  made  Mughal-e-Azam a classic was the superlative cast and their combined star power, which was incandescent in the heavy dramatic scenes, like the one when Anarkali flees from the advancing Akbar straight into Salim's arms, and then slides limply to the floor at his feet. Being the Mughal prince that he is, Salim does not stoop to pick her up. That was a splendid touch.

Our Akbar falls to the ground reading Jodha's letter claiming only istrees undergo Agniparikshas, and weeps uncontrollably while Moti Bai stands just two feet apart like a lamp post.😲😭😭😭