Jodha Akbar

end of Ashutosh's JA and beginning of K Asif's mughal-e-azam!-DTNTPg11 - Page 16

Khushi_love thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago
This content was originally posted by: Sandhya.A

😲.Do we Khushi?😳
We are good girls, we are.πŸ˜ƒ (Pygmalion style)

O yeah...the very best πŸ˜‰

N (Good)  Girls Just wanna have some fun...with Jalal in the BT...πŸ˜†

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ghalibmirza thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
seems like S/A on its way soon!..did u guys notice the MEA poster shown in zee cine starts ki khoj when that chora akshay was going to the sets of JA..the poster was on the car in the beginning!..does that mean zee was promoting MEA track?
sashashyam thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
My dear Srividhya,

You know, I loved  your namesake in the old days when I used to revel in classics like Apoorva Raagangal, where she is a classical singer, with Kamalahaasan as the young man who loves her, and in which K.Balachandar introduced Rajanikanth . It was later remade in Hindi as  Ek Nayi Paheli, with Kamalahaasan and Hema Malini, and was somehow not as good. It was only recently that I learnt that Srividhya was the very famous  M.L Vasanthakumari's daughter.

To get back to business and Jodha Akbar, thanks to you, I went back and re-read that post, and it was quite good, come to think of it. I have always said that Rajat can make his eyes and his voice do anything he wants them to do (the awful, tuneless lori he attempted on Friday has to be written off as a one time aberrationπŸ˜‰) He is about the only thing that keeps me watching Jodha Akbar, and has been so for the past several months.

My dear, I would advise you to go easy in your critiques of Paridhi the actress, as distinct from Jodha the character. I do not think the IF rules allow criticism of the actors, as distinct from the characters,and this has always been so, even in the few other forums I have written in. It is odd, for one cannot imagine a film or play review  that did not comment that so and so actor was superb/ average/ wanting, but then so it is here. I would not want you to end up with frequent DT warnings and penalties. Why, I once got into trouble for a post called Neither a doormat nor a donkey,  because the  mods thought  that I was comparing Jodha to a donkey, whereas I was doing the exact opposite!πŸ˜‰

As you will see when you read my old posts, I too have always felt that Jodha's characterisation was deeply flawed, though I really loved her in the Badal-Kajri phase, which was all too short alas, and never came back! Do  see my Camelot posts about that track,  which  was really delightful.

Yes, Shehnaz had just that one  dress, and Ruqaiya must by now have worn her yellow and green Mughal outfit with the red dupatta with large zari flowers, at least 111 times. Now, Jodha's light green joda is being repeated endlessly, whereas she looks her best in golden yellow.

My heart goes out to your poor puzzled spouse. If you read some of my really satirical posts, he will conclude, from your gurgling with laughter,  that  you have really lost it!πŸ˜‰

Shyamala Akka

PS: I have never been to Mayavaram, but of course I know of it.

This content was originally posted by: jayaks02

Dear Shyamala Akka,

I may not come back and keep updating this thread, for every catch up I am doing on your past episode analysis but I want to record this one, for sure. 

http://dhwani.mytvsoapforum.com/t44615-jodha-akbar-235-236-hopes-belied-ja-237-jalal-s-nadir-page-3-ja-238-abrupt-transition-page-4

I had simply loved loved Rajat's Jalal in both these episodes and your analysis has been splendid. His Brilliance of showing the longing Vs FLAT Non-expressions or dialogue delivery by Paridhi has been analyzed so well by you with Psychological nuances. And I loved each and everyone's comment in your above thread - But what stands out is the one by Kushi where she describes Jalal's dance.πŸ˜† - It had me in splits

Reg Jodha it is double whammy or rather triple for the serial. 

1. Her characterization is flawed - Righteous self-centred, Non-giver, Hunar-seeker( In my opinion), inconsiderate and somehow is too saintly at the age of 22.
2. Paridhi Sharma cannot be an actor in her lifetime(This is my opinion) - Acting is about emoting, feeling the character and brings out the emotional quotient. She is pathetic. In fact if I can cite two people from the serial who have not created the ccharacter'ssketch in audience minds it is she and her MotiBai. They both just put on make-up , mug up dialogues and recite it with some facial expressions and pack up (Paridhi has got 4.5 expressions in total and Moti Bai - 2.5) - . Even a most irritating characterization like Shennaz had created a screen image as she became whatever was CV's idea of Shenaaz. ( I hated her yellow dupatta, which was her only dress in Agra Mahal or was it green ?) 
3. Paridhi's restrictions on Physical intimate scenes - If she had such high degree of restrictions, why enter showbiz even if it is TV ? Why deprive audience an epic love story's requirements due to one's inability to commit 100% professionally - Even Handholds have become laughing stock - And why is  such a big PH like BT not getting correct contractual clauses in place ? In Bollywood these things are norm these days and no one gets away !!

Shariff's Dad who has been introduced, of late is a new find - He looks a dad and his acting is damn good - The way he convinced on stars alignment to Jalal in one of the last week's episodes was nice - This is when the actor disappears and we think of characters when they appear on screen. With Paridhi Sharma, it is never going to happen πŸ˜­  - She will remain Paridhi Sharma for me who tired to become Jodha; 

My husband has been used to my JA Addiction for last 3.5 months but even he felt that I was over-board when I was going to your thread and laughing away to glory, πŸ˜‰

ghalibmirza thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
shyamala, i am still thinking of the good old days when we all used to flock around your posts and look forward to it..and my god i still remember you had such intellectual bunch writing in your thread but where most of them went?
sashashyam thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
It is exactly like your lovely choice of poetry on your other thread, Mandy,  Jaane kahan gaye wo din! What a lot of fun we all used to have! Now it is all gone, alas, gone with the wind.😭

Shyamala

This content was originally posted by: mandyg

shyamala, i am still thinking of the good old days when we all used to flock around your posts and look forward to it..and my god i still remember you had such intellectual bunch writing in your thread but where most of them went?

Marathi_Mulgi thumbnail
Lolz ashu's JA toh ka tabhi se end ho gaya tha jab kekta mata ne JA shuru kiya πŸ˜†Edited by Marathi_Mulgi - 9 years ago