Water, Water Everywhere and not a drop for Aastha

nim_var thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 9 years ago

I know of no higher fortitude than stubbornness in the face of overwhelming odds.

Louis Nizer

Authority poisons everybody who takes authority on himself.

Golda Meir

Hope begins in the dark, the stubborn hope that if you just show up and try to do the right thing, the dawn will come. You wait and watch and work: you don't give up.

Anne Lamott

All relationships have one law. Never make the one you love feel alone, especially when you're there.

Without communication, there is no relationship. Without respect, there is no love. Without trust, there's no reason to continue.

The couples that are meant to be are the ones who go through everything that is designed to tear them apart and come out even stronger than they were before.

Anyone can give up, it's the easiest thing to do. But to hold yourself together when everyone would expect you to fall apart; that is true strength

Monday rolled around and we were all in front of the tv sets waiting to see what today will bring. Disappointed in that there was not much of Ashlok scenes together, but all the major character were out in full force. IT WAS ALL ABOUT A GLASS OF WATER AND 5 COUPLES. 

Anjali goes outside to stop NA and asks him very nicely (I must say) to send Shlok back home early as he has to break Aastha's fast. NA can't help himself and takes off on her, to show her place which is ebp his feet and to make her bahu understand that she is also in fact fit only to wipe Shlok's shoes. NA makes use of every opportunity that is presented to him and he does not fail. While the two are talking and NA is verbally flaying Anjali, shlok is in the car and looking at baba and ayi having the convo, rather keenly I must add. Did he see the way his ayi bowed her head down and walked away sadly, her very posture a testament to the fact, of the cruel barbs hurled by NA at her. Don't give us such clues CV's if you are not planning on showing what's cooking in Shlok's brain. 

AASLI get ready for the puja in the aangan and the neighborhood women are brought in thro' the back door so that the division is not out in the open. On being questioned about Sojal's whereabouts, AAstha the master at telling white lies pops one and everyone is satisfied with the reply. The women do the puja with fervor and ardent devotion. Sojal does hers inside the house and on spotting AAstha coming in, can't help but take a dig at her. It is like anyone can take a pot shot at Aastha these days. She's fair game. God, I hate that Sojal now. She's getting on my nerves with her attitude. Seriously want to go and shove her into the nearest pond. If not a pond, then a tub filled with water will do. 

A VERY CUTE BONDING SCENE BETWEEN THE OTHER SAAS BAHU IN THE SHOW - AJJU AND KALINDI. These two were shown after ages and Avdhoot is never seen and even if he does come, it is all those blink and you miss him kind of scene. Hmm, wondering if Anjali will come to know kalindi's  past which might have a bearing on the future tracks...Worth a thought...

Sojal's stomach is rumbling loudly enough for Aastha to hear and she the evil vain temporary mistress of AM, calls out to Varad to come and break her fast. It is all only a token gesture, not dil se or mann se, it is all very clinical and mercenary for her. She expects a gift, wonder if he gave her something or was it kumkum or gajra again ... when she was expecting a big monstrosity of a necklace. Then she is intent on driving him away and starts stuffing her face with the delicacies that are spread out and does not even bother to offer some to Varad. COme on Sojal, can't you see what you are doing????? Mansi meanwhile makes a zillion calls to Varad who does not answer them (phone is on silent mode) as wifey is getting very very nosey. Then he remembers that she is also fasting and goes to leave when he spots Aastha waiting for Shlok to come. Bechaari Aastha all dressed up to the nines and awaiting her lord and master ... She does know her akdu very well and tells Varad dada that he will not come.She is also equally adamant about breaking her fast only by Shlok's hand. She is deeply hurt yet she is strong and has faith in her love, which is making her forgive him baar baar EBP. Shlok also is aware that Aastha is fasting and is as pigheaded and obstinate as he is. 

Varad calls Shlok and tries to get him to come but our Shlokie bear is not in the mood to listen. He is too high up on his horse to come down and says he does not care and will not come until she apologizes to his baba. yikes, what to do with you Shlok ??????? VArad makes his apologies to AaStha and quickly makes his way to Mansi's side. 

Mansi is like the dutiful wife waiting for Varad to come and is in tears as he does not answer her calls. She gets upset and has a fit and throws the dishes to the ground and sobs uncontrollably. Varad comes and sees the house in darkness, gets worried and calls out her name, looking for her hither and thither.finally spots her sitting behind the sofa and crying her eyes out. he goes to her and gets her to sit on the couch and then sakes her what was she thinking and why the tears???  then Mansi asks the all imp question OF WHAT NAME TO GIVE THEIR RELATIONSHIP to which VARAD STATES THAT SHE IS HIS LIFE, HIS JAAN, HIS REASON FOR LIVING, LIFE WITHOUT HER HAS NO MEANING. OMG, I FELL OF MY COUCH ON HEARING THIS, THE GUY WHO SAID THAT THEY WERE FRIENDS ALBEIT WITH BENEFITS AND FRINGE BENEFITS TOO, NOW IS SAYING THAT HE CAN'T LIVE WITHOUT HER. NEVER THOUGHT HIM TO BE THE ROMANTIC TYPE. HE WAS ALWAYS COOL, CONTROLLED AND AN AFFABLE GUY. NEVER KNEW HE HAD IT IN HIM TO BE SO DEEP. THE SAYING - STILL WATERS RUN DEEP - COMES TO MIND HERE. He then gives her a glass of water to drink and the fast is duly broken. Mansi asks him if he has eaten to which he replies in the negative and they share a tight hug, full of emotions that are tuning high. SLOWLY AND SURELY MANSI HAS REPLACED SOJAL IN EVERY WAY FOR VARAD, AND SOJAL BETTER WATCH OUT, SHE IS AFTER YOUR MANGALSUTRA. THAT IS COMING NEXT. THE FLOWER VASE BROKEN BY KAVYA TWICE, HAS TO HAVE SOME MEANING. 

NEXT UP IS JOSID'S TURN. They have a sweet moment of breaking the fast. Sid is like an eager puppy, always at the ready to please his Jyoti wagging his tail, (here it is his smile). He is so chweet and cute. thankfully the two R's were MIA. That would have made it even worse. Felt happy for Jyoti. For the first time she's probably so loved and so secure in her marriage. Now, dare I raise this here - did they or did they not consummate their marriage??????? 😉

2 down, 2 more to go. It is very late in the evening and the peon comes to Shlok asking him if he can leave as his wife is fasting too. Shlok looks at him and sadly tells him to go. His pride is stopping him from going to Aastha, at the same time he is happy that she's fasting for him. Truly Shlok is torn between his baba and biwi. Baba has time to prowl outside Shloks's office to spy on him. chheee, his ego has reduced him him to this. gggrrr...😡 😡

NA goes home first and he sees them, AASLI with the puja thaalis all ready to go. He hears Anjali talking to Kavya where she is saying that she is waiting for her grandpa to come home and break her fast. NA goes up to her and says the cruel, HATEFUL LINES  - MUJHE KOI FARAK NAHI PADTA AGAR AAP BHOOK SE BHI MAR GAYI THO. HOT DADDY WAS GOOD HERE. AAstha hears all this and she decides that she will make NA break Anjali's fast. so saying she calls her partner in crime, Kavya who armed with a water bottle stops NA and then SAYS A RHYME ABOUT A LION. V V INTERESTING FEW LINES. COULD NOT GET THE GIST COMPLETELY BUT THE LAST LINE WAS EPIC, MOVE MOVE MOVE OUT OF THE WAY. THE LION IS COMING. ANOTHER CLUE OR TIDBIT THROWN BY WASEEMJI. TOO MANY LION REFERENCES AND SYMBOLS. NA LISTENS IMPATIENTLY TO HER, HOLDS THE BOTTLE AND THEN GIVE SIT BACK TO HER. Kavya then proudly goes to her chachi and says she accomplished her job. Aastha then hands her the water and asks Anjali to break her fast. now, sasubai has a heart of gold, does not agree and says will break her fast with Aastha only. AAAwww, cho chweet of Anjali to say that. really that was the KODAK MOMENT FOR ME. Aastha reassuring kavya that all will be well soon. ⭐️

The story moved and all the couples were shown with the exception of Avdhoot Kirloskar. Nice contrasts were depicted among the couples, loving husband, indifferent husband, caring lover, evil husband, I am hoping to see what makes Shlok come n hand over the glass of water to AAstha who is back in her simple salwar suit for sleeping. that means that he stayed back at work till late, very late and poor Aastha was standing at the window and looking at the moon and counting the stars.  Shlok is not cold and unfeeling like his cruel evil baba. He does love Aastha very much and it is hurting him too, a great deal. He knows that she's fasting the whole day for him without even a drop of water and she does get dizzy too. Wonder if shlok also ate anything the entire day. Bet he would also have not eaten a morsel of food...  Am going out on a limb here by saying this but I hope it is true...  😃

Mansi and Varad's secret will be out in the open. 

Sojal in that brief scene of hers where Varad breaks her  fast was so good, as her avariciousness and self absorption came across so clearly. so my Wah Wah Taaliyan, Taaliyan goes to Sojal. 👏 👏 👏

Precap - Shlok handing the glass of water to Aastha across the rope and our gal is all misty eyed and teary eyed, takes it from her akdu while NA is watching this from his station above... 

Finally the site is up and running. Felt like a limb was cut off. 👏

Edited by nim_var - 9 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Dhth1 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Wah wah taaliyan for u nimmy for making an epi where leads were ignored into a superb write up and I loved it ...the way u put across the entire epi is just mind blowing...
👏

Yes nimmy too many lion symbolism...

But who is going to be the lion...

Slokh,kavya,Anjali?
Tanvi.Alison thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Lovely write-up Nim :) Beautifully written :)
dsr11 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
i liked so-va-ma part the best. all three of them rocked.
i, for one, loved sojal for munching on apples during her fast. also loved her for telling varad that it is her right to do fasts, or for that matter anything that wives do for their husbands. and yeah i hated her for taunting aastha.
Elation thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Nice analysis Nimmy...😊 liked the header..:D
nim_var thumbnail
Originally posted by: Dogan

Wah wah taaliyan for u nimmy for making an epi where leads were ignored into a superb write up and I loved it ...the way u put across the entire epi is just mind blowing...

👏

Yes nimmy too many lion symbolism...

But who is going to be the lion...

Slokh,kavya,Anjali?

Thanks Divya. 😃

There are too mnay references to a LION now. What's up with that ? When is the lion gonna ROAR AND BLOW OUR EARDRUMS AWAY??????? 

IT COULD BE SHLOK FOR NOW. He is fitting the bill of a lion perfectly with dark beard, long hair like a flowing mane etc etc... He is also being patient, while waiting to go in for the kill I feel. 
nim_var thumbnail
Originally posted by: Tanvi.Alison

Lovely write-up Nim :) Beautifully written :)

Thanks Very much Tanvii, for the appreciation.😊
srilotus thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Great post Nimmy..
i am more concerned about Kavya these days ,her parents are so busy with their own life..they are neglecting this lil grace of AM
dv19 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Nim,

Very good review..

I like the quotes a lot..

Thanks for sharing..
Edited by deepavasudev - 9 years ago
nim_var thumbnail
Originally posted by: dsr11

i liked so-va-ma part the best. all three of them rocked.

i, for one, loved sojal for munching on apples during her fast. also loved her for telling varad that it is her right to do fasts, or for that matter anything that wives do for their husbands. and yeah i hated her for taunting aastha.

Rekha, am enjoying Shalmalee's performance now. She's putting on a good show. I did not mind her doing the fast but her reasons seemd hollow and selfish. just bcoz others were doing it or it is her job and then cheating on it earlier does not condone her behaviour. she is also about keeping up appearances and false pride and all pomp and glory. Hating the way she is talking to AASLI. Kavya is being ignored and still runs to AASLI for reassurance and love. Poor kid.