CHILD MORTGAGE BEFORE BIRTH

Posted: 9 years ago
How is this possible ? Is India can any one  think about it STILL? Child is a commodity ?can any one do like this ?Is India  is still this much far behind  still in  this 21 century ?Is it   a imaginary story  ? It is very hard to watch this type of serial where before birth a baby is" deal " between poor parents and rich master . 

Edited by snowy - 9 years ago
Sadly this does not only happen in India... It happens where the divide between the rich and the poor is too large... It happens when greed takes over and huge corporations want to decrease costs and increase profits... Slave trade still exists but under different guises
There are different facets of any country, good and bad. Cities have their own good points, but villages, interiors, or other parts may have their own. 
It is still happening in many parts of the country and may be in many other parts too!!
Want to add... Take eg of chocolates... The cocoa plantations... Who do you think works on them... Children... Did you know 70% of the cocoa in the world is owned by one person... For the life of me , I cannot recollect his name... Lazy to google.
Central Africa is chaos... War zone... Just so tht huge corporations can rob the country... Esp the diamond mines... How do they do it... By funding and arming rebels... Who then force children to join n commit murder... There are so many documentaries out there...
Slave trade still exists but under different guises- I agree
 Cities have their own good points, but villages, interiors, or other parts may have their own.  ----Surprise!
It is still happening in many parts of the country and may be in many other parts too!! ----I doubt
 Who then force children to join n commit murder... There are so many documentaries out there...It may be happen But my point was

What has India achieved in 67 years of Independence..Thanks I end my topic here 
Slavery / bonded labour - which is what this story is based on - happens outside India too...
The industries that have been highlighted, that I am aware of is... The silk industry, the tobacco industry, the chocolate industry

http://www.antislavery.org/english/resources/reports/download_antislavery_publications/child_labour_reports.aspx

http://topdocumentaryfilms.com/dark-side-chocolate/
Originally posted by snowy

But my point was

What has India achieved in 67 years of Independence..Thanks I end my topic here 

India is only said to be an independent country but unfortunately, the legal system is not right due to which injustice continues to grow and innocent suffer. Child labor and mortgage are issues which still continue here but mostly in villages as most are not literate there and do not have even have money to eat 2 meals a day.
Many times the problem is in the non-implementation of laws, or implementing them, interpreting them, using them in a wrong way. The powerful take advantage of the lacunae in the law. The fear of facing harassment, be it of any kind, in courts, or anywhere becomes a big factor in continuation of such things. But the saying 'might is always right' applies everywhere. the day when the seemingly powerless unite against wrongdoers, become one against them, the day when people as a unit stop being mute spectators to any wrong done, the day when society's mindset as a whole changes, that day maybe we may not even need such laws! Or maybe their implementation becomes strict and clear. Besides there is also hardly any awareness regarding laws among needy people.
Originally posted by chahat4u

Many times the problem is in the non-implementation of laws, or implementing them, interpreting them, using them in a wrong way. The powerful take advantage of the lacunae in the law. The fear of facing harassment, be it of any kind, in courts, or anywhere becomes a big factor in continuation of such things. But the saying 'might is always right' applies everywhere. the day when the seemingly powerless unite against wrongdoers, become one against them, the day when people as a unit stop being mute spectators to any wrong done, the day when society's mindset as a whole changes, that day maybe we may not even need such laws! Or maybe their implementation becomes strict and clear. Besides there is also hardly any awareness regarding laws among needy people.
What can laws do if lawmakers themselves commit heinous crimes-the Mp of the village in this show has been elected for 3 terms in a row& what laws did he pass-make more & more villagers his slaves,leterally robbing all tax money,laying road only till his house,making more & more child labourers-What can people do in such a situation??Noone dare stand against him in election -So fear makes them vote for him again & again.wish someone from the thakur's own family rebels enough to bring about a change.