Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

bm11 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 9 years ago

Chapter 24

Anjuli entered her room and flung herself on the bed feeling deadly tired and exhausted. Niranjan was away.

The woman turned to his side of the bed, bend her knees to the chest and took his pillow. She had a secret no one knew... She held his pillow tight pressing her face to it. She was shedding copious tears into his pillow mourning her life. It turned out that hatred appeared to be a bottomless cup, the more she poured in it the more it contained.  Anjuli was so sorry... she didn't stop loving him just because she hated him. The torture was so acute living with him without being married to him...but she didn't want to think about him at the moment as she had so much to do... She just would hold his pillow for some time more. That was all. No one would ever know...

Astha Kirloskar... Well, when Anjuli finished with you would not have the desire to mess with this family.

Anjuli decided to think her next step with utter dedication. She predicted two outcomes. She could win and she could lose. The first and the worst one was the next: Astha Kirloskar didn't care for her son at all. As soon as she realized he fell for her or at least developed any kind of attraction she would immediately trap him, jump into his bed and secure him regardless whether he loved her deeply or not. Risky but certain. Wedding guaranteed. Anjuli heard of the things even worse than that.

The second option seemed more possible to Anjuli - it was less destructive: she felt attraction towards him to the extent they were about to confess each other. After all, she was a daughter of respected parents and would not have the desire to put all possible shame to her sister's marriage and family. Her ego and pride required her to follow the accepted patterns. She would "let" him choose her, he would reject Poonam subsequently, propose Astha and love her for her to be sure he would stay beside her long enough. Again. Wedding guaranteed.

Anjuli appreciated the girl was able to plan things. Anjuli liked people like that and was even ready to respect her cleverness but it was only a pity she did not take into consideration the wish of the Agnihotri family...

Anjuli would practice her negotiating skills on that little Astha. The pace and content of the talk would be oppositely different according to the option Astha Kirloskar would choose. If it was the first, Anjuli would use hard artillery and destroy her reputation. She knew the means. If second, the mother smiled, she knew what she would do to play safe... Business taught her a lot. If you wished to refuse a client - you should make him refuse himself...

The mother needed to get the answer to her question. It was possible only talking to the girl in private. Anjuli got up, wiped her tears, took her phone found Astha Kirloskar's number there. Thanks God she saved it during the wedding preparations.

"Astha, good evening" Astha was watching TV and Anjuli's voice was the last thing she was ready to hear.

"Aunty?" Astha sounded friendly "Nice to hear you"

"Astha, forgive me for the late call but I need to talk to you in private if you don't mind" mild tone would not deceive Astha. It was Anjuli after all.

"In private?" even if she was surprised Astha didn't show it "But of course. When?"

"Tomorrow, I'll pick you up at 4 p.m. from work"

"All right. Till tomorrow then"

Astha disconnected the call. She stood in the middle of her room totally lost. What was the theme that The Iron Lady wanted to discuss with her? Paro? She doubted on it. The only thought that looked real to Astha - Anjuli was planning some surprise for the child's birth and it calmed her down.

These Agnihotris had excessive love to German automotive industry. Astha saw the huge white Mercedes SUV parking at the main entrance of the business centre and walked through the glass doors to meet the one and only Mrs. Anjuli Agnihotri. She didn't leave her car just waved to greet Astha. Men looked at that woman with open mouths... still. She got used to it and paid no attention any more but Astha still felt bewilderment.

"Hi, Astha, are you hungry? I bet you are. Dou you mind eating at some nice place?"

"I agree" Astha smiled and sat into the car.

They entered the restaurant Anjuli got accustomed to and Astha understood Anjuli reserved a table beforehand. She knew they would go there. The premonition of catastrophe swallowed Astha like a giant monster... Anjuli was up to something and it was not domestic chores or pleasant surprises...

"Astha, tee, coffe?" Astha opened her moth to answer but Anjuli continued "You are a wise girl" Astha didn't like the beginning. Her stomached shrank with fear "Your intelligence lets me talk to you openly. Tell me Astha, what do you think of Shlok?" Astha felt the air-conditioner in the restaurant was on the lowest temperature and she has only silky dress on.

"Aunty, I'm taken aback by your question. Really. What do you what to hear from me?"

"The truth, Astha. Nothing more" narrowed eyes of a woman made Astha nonplussed and embarrassed. What was that supposed to mean? Where was the trick? Anjuli was not the simple, caring and kind-hearted mother. "Astha, to prove to you my transparent intensions I am ready to answer any question of yours; maybe it would be better for us to move that way? What would you say?" Astha leaned back into her chair and looked out of the window.

"Why do you ask, Aunty? There must be some reason, I'm sure. I don't believe it's an idle curiosity"

"Of course not. I wouldn't waste my and your time on it. We are both busy" she made a sip of coffee "Recently I've become the witness of the ugly scene at my house. My son was confessing his love to you and that maddened me" Astha face reddened with shame.

"Aunty, there's nothing for you to worry about. It may look real but it wasn't so we were playing the game Paro suggested. He wasn't serious, trust me"

"Astha, I would be glad to trust you if only you knew my son well. I also know one secret you hide. Life taught me that I can learn more of a person in an hour of a play than in a year of conversation.  

"Aunty, there's nothing for you to learn. I'm afraid we are at war with your son. That's all. All the rest is a game, a fallacy"

"War... peace... isn't that too limited for a decent role play?" Anjuli smiled "You like games, Astha? I like them too... every game has a rule" Anjuli's hand was folding the napkin distracting Astha's attention "I know you broke the rule, Astha. You have a secret you hide"

"Aunty, what secret?"

"I know you love him" said Anjuli matter-of-factly "Will you deny it? Do you want to marry him?"

Chapter 25

Thread # 2

Edited by bm11 - 9 years ago
...Ayesha... thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
OMG OMG OMG! Finally I did it I read all the chapters! I'm speechless Jane, what an enthralling, intriguing and gripping story👏 From the beginning to now, I've just been gripped to your story, didn't take me long to read it but finally did. You are one amazing writer, I'm just lost for words.

I loved Shlok's confession, it was so Shlok style😆 Soo Anjali can see herself in Shlok, and she worries for his well being. I'm really intrigued as to what went wrong in Anjali and Niranjan's relationship, who was the villian her or Niranjan. You really have kept up the suspense, always keeping Anjali's character a little shady. It really is a unique story, and you've done complete justice to it👏👏👏 

Astha and Shlok's relationship change was just wow, from hating to see each other to both fallen head over heels in love with each other is just wow😃 Hope you'r updating soon, can't hold on any longer😆
Edited by ...Ayesha... - 9 years ago
Priya_ShrAvi thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Omg...now I understand from where shlok got this much guts n self confidence...like mother like son!!
She can floor her opponent with her confidence...even before uttering a single word...
Poor astha didn't aware of what she got herself into!!
I believe astha have some fire in her...really hope shlok will help her to ignite it..

Btw...Is Niranjan "using" anjuli to get his means or his work done??y am getting such vibes😕
Tks for the update:)
Edited by priya_avi - 9 years ago
charanyaaj thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Thanks for the update jane
Two different ladies in a convo
i feel like anjuli decided astha to be out of shlok's life. Is that anjuli wanted?
Pls reveal anjuli mystery soon
Eagerly waiting for astha's answer.Edited by charanyaaj - 9 years ago
NimJ thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3
omg...exciting convo between two completely different ladies
...Ayesha... thumbnail
OMG YAAY! You updated 

I don't understand Anjali sometimes, her character really is a mystery. She seems to be very protective about Shlok, maybe because she doesn't want her dearest son to go through exactly what she went through😃 Hope we find out soon the secret behind hers and Niranjan's relationship. Amazing description of everything Jane! Update soon😃
bm11 thumbnail

Originally posted by: priya_avi

Awesome update jane😃

Loved the way how shlok expressed his feelings towards astha..it's so deep that sent Shivers to a protective mother who's nursing her broken heart!!

Unfortunately anjuli met clingy attitude gal astha..which is not real ...always first impression is the best impression...

Now am more curious to kno what made anjuli  this cold
Tks for the update:)

Dear Priya,
Im so glad you found this man interesting and his words deep.
I think he has guts really to come out publicly and tell a woman what he feels.
They say there's no second chance to produce the first impression.
Astha should have been more careful in the beginning or she should stay fearless now.

We all have our ereasons for our actions. Anjuli has them as well.
She's a remarkable woman in many aspects⭐️
...Ayesha... thumbnail
4 pages left of this thread
dv19 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Hi,

Life taught me that I can learn more of a person in an hour of a play than in a year of conversation.

yes.. experience of he personal ups and downs of Anjy is talking..
But her thoughts.. can also be wrong..

as .. every body say..

KNOWN IS A DROP .. UNKNOWN IS OCEAN..
she would have learnt a lot from her experience.. but cannot say other gal can also be so.. or may become like her so..

so I guess.. the tale can be decided by fate if she or she are unable to decide..

Now don't rake up.. that fate cannot play here a role.. cos.. 
If I have a problem .. Im not able to decide on any thing clearly.. I let time take the decision.. I give in some time .. so things wil change the next hour or next min or next day..

Like wise people mental thoughts too .. I say now I love him.. but next moment I say I don't love him... Mind is a monkey... It dances according to what I want to think or I want to say..
Again empty mind is devils workshop..

So Mothers thoughts.. I guess though Asthas feeling are hidden and may not come out..

Is Anjy trying to provoke the lil one of you may have secret hidden.. with a small word ..

OK.. ONE MORE MENTAL THOUGHT..
IF THERE WAS NO FEELING FOR ASTHA TOO.. JUST THE FLICK OF A SMALL WORD UTTERED OR HINDERED BY SOMEBODY ELSE MAKES THE GALS MIND THINK A LOT ABOUT HIM...

SO DID  aNJY INDIRECTLY HINDER ASTHA THOUGHTS TO THINK ABOUT HIM AND  PAVED A WAY FOR HER TO FALL IN LOVE WITH THE SHLOKIE BEAR...

I SIT AND WONDER.. WAIT FOR THE REPLY.. DONT PUNISH ME ..

DEAR JANE...
Edited by deepavasudev - 9 years ago
bm11 thumbnail

Originally posted by: ...Ayesha...

OMG OMG OMG! Finally I did it I read all the chapters! I'm speechless Jane, what an enthralling, intriguing and gripping story👏 From the beginning to now, I've just been gripped to your story, didn't take me long to read it but finally did. You are one amazing writer, I'm just lost for words.

I loved Shlok's confession, it was so Shlok style😆 Soo Anjali can see herself in Shlok, and she worries for his well being. I'm really intrigued as to what went wrong in Anjali and Niranjan's relationship, who was the villian her or Niranjan. You really have kept up the suspense, always keeping Anjali's character a little shady. It really is a unique story, and you've done complete justice to it👏👏👏 

Astha and Shlok's relationship change was just wow, from hating to see each other to both fallen head over heels in love with each other is just wow😃 Hope you'r updating soon, can't hold on any longer😆

Ayesha, your words are truly very touching.
I know I'm not a t all good but I feel your support and that helps me to go on with zeal and interest.

Anjuli is a devoted mother, she knows what it feels like what he goes through now and she by no means wish him to walk along that slippery path.

They want him to have a great future ahead, that tiny rebel is surely not the woman he should marry.
His future scheduled long ago and Anjuli knows what is best for him.
Shes sure he thinks now under the drugs He lost the clarity of judgement.
She's there to help him.

This couple lives now far from reality, they see nothing except each other.
Let them enjoy for a moment. We all deserve happiness sometimes❤️