Views

Users

Frequent Posters

amritat thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago

Originally posted by: AnuMP

Very good Amrita

Exactly the way, I would have wanted β­οΈCVs to handle it, if they had the courage toπŸ‘

Thanks Anu. I am glad that a Parth-Panchali fan liked my OS. I am actually worried about the rest...πŸ˜†
I just wanted to make it clear, that Panchali in my OS, will always love Parth, and only Parth. 😳

Thanks for commenting. 😊
amritat thumbnail

Originally posted by: riti4u

Nice one amrita and I must say a brave attempt..πŸ‘

Its difficult for people like me to love both these characters at same time.. But I do.. There are times when both these characters made mistakes.. and their hatred for each other appeared quite evidently.. I dont believe that Karna as a character would ever insult a woman under any normal circumstances..It was quite uncharacteristic behavior for a warrior and a hero like him to really go so low in revenge and may be an impulsive outburst.. Our Karnali friend tried presenting this whole episode through Karna's wife POV in one of the OSs.There she quite maturely dealt this subject with... for a man who had experience of receiving insults.. What it would be like on the other side of it...on giving side of it..It would have been more worse.. and perhaps the regret would have been always there since time he committed that sin.Atleast thats what I would like to believe in..  Probably they would have sort out their differences in same way as you presented... Atleast some baggage would have been reduced.. Some loops closed..😊

Thank you so much, and I am glad that u liked it. πŸ˜Š

Actually, I have not read the OS of your Karnali friend, but I really liked Star Plus' Vrushali. In the serial, she was portrayed as a firm, yet supportive wife, who had the courage to correct her husband, and express her dislike for his wrong company.

I actually loved Vrushali's portrayal in the serial, and hence thought of this OS, based on that characterisation. And the thought of writing this OS came to my mine, ever since I read Karna's conversation with Lord Krishna in KMG.

Thanks for commenting. πŸ˜ƒ
amritat thumbnail

Originally posted by: ashne

Lovely interpretation. Maybe this was how it happened, after they all went to heaven😊

Thank u so much. I am glad that you liked it.
MS-meghasharma thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
amazing os. it's a brilliant piece of writing.

u never know they might have talked like this in heaven.

i loved how draupadi made him realise his folly in understanding women and also apologised to him. she said that to him unintentionally at her swayamvar and i also liked how karna gave her his pov on the things that have happened among their families. it was great to see karna realising the importance of vrushaali and also apologising to her in the end.

draupadi still batted for her husbands and wasn't ready to hear anything against them. i wish she would have gotten peace and her pining for arjun ends.
Edited by MS-meghasharma - 9 years ago
FeistyQueen thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Amrita! I edited my comment! πŸ˜³
nuckts thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 5
its a beautiful story yaar!😳😳😳
so needed both of them to understand each other's perspective as if destiny allowed it they could understand each other
arjun-draupadi today i want to confess something about them in this post 
i never hated them yes i did not somewhere particularly like them as they insulted or became reason of insult karna faced
but deep down inside my heart i always felt that if by chance karna was accepted before friendship with duryodhan then karna n arjun could have been best of friends and karna n draupadi could atleast relate to each other's pain 
could share a relation of pure friendship between a man and a woman but again "if things were different"but then today reading your os my this imagination turned true!
thank you so much for creating thisπŸ‘
Cotswolds thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Kudos Amritat for handling this sensitive, delicate, exciting and highly explosive topic with great care.β­οΈπŸ‘
This os reminds me of my favorite movie, Goodwill Hunting where two troubled, great souls end up helping each other. 

You are a superb os writer and brought most interesting characters vis a vis. I felt agony of each character. You have an eye for detailing. Especially vivid description of reactions to each other's reply. The pace is unhurried, relaxed yet engaging.  I loved ending as well.

Superb Amritat..⭐️ Why did not you write more os ?😭

On lighter note.. Looks like all biwi no 1 are cursed.. I am planning to condemn David dhawan in strongest words for making comedy out of such a sensitive topic..
Edited by Cotswolds - 9 years ago
amritat thumbnail

Originally posted by: hpatgiri

It was a excellent OS... πŸ‘. Really while reading ur OS many questions came to my mind.

I always wondered if the two most tragic characters of Mahabharat - Karna & Draupadi who were eventually instrumental in turning major events to their respective sides ultimately leading to the bloody war , would come face-to-face and converse their hatred for each other, the pain that their dear ones or the society has given to them in their entire life... then what would have been the outcome. Was there a possibility to call-off the war? Even after this face-off  the war was called-in would that be so bloody & disastrous?? I guess the intensity and stakes would have been much different.

Thank u very much...😊
Your questions are quite valid, but I guess, Karna and Draupadi were not majorly responsible for the war, if we look at the whole picture. Many other factors were involved, which culminated to Kurukshetra war.

The reason for war, was actually the age-old concepts of throne, power, greed, ego, blind faith, blind friendship, etc. But I guess, this debate has become stagnant now.

Anyway, thanks for commenting. I am glad, u liked my OS. 😊
amritat thumbnail
[QUOTE=Cotswolds]Kudos Amritat for handling this sensitive, delicate, exciting and highly explosive topic with great care.β­οΈπŸ‘
This os reminds me of my favorite movie, Goodwill Hunting where two troubled, great souls end up helping each other. 

Firstly, my name is Amrita, not Amritat...πŸ˜‘πŸ˜†
And secondly, thank u so much for your gracious words.
Like I said in my previous thread, it means a lot coming from a writer like u. πŸ˜ƒ

You are a superb os writer and brought most interesting characters vis a vis. I felt agony of each character. You have an eye for detailing. Especially vivid description of reactions to each other's reply. The pace is unhurried, relaxed yet engaging.  I loved ending as well.

Thank u so much...πŸ˜ƒ

Superb Amritat..⭐️ Why did not you write more os ?😭

Actually, this is the first story that I have ever written in my entire life...I have written essays, and articles on feminist as well as some non-feminist πŸ˜† topics...but I have never had the confidence to write OSs.
This is my first OS, and since it happens to be on one of the banned topics of this forum πŸ˜‰πŸ˜†, I was scared like hell, and it took me almost 3-4 months to gather the courage to post it.
I was not sure of the feedback, but I now am actually surprised in a great way.

On lighter note.. Looks like all biwi no 1 are cursed.. I am planning to condemn David dhawan in strongest words for making comedy out of such a sensitive topic..

🀣🀣🀣🀣

Absolutely, and I will join u in that...πŸ˜†
amritat thumbnail

Originally posted by: srishtisingh

aah dont know what to say! u summed up everything so nicely and it felt real! really good amrita!

Thank u so much...πŸ˜ƒ