Users

Frequent Posters

Usman. thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 9 years ago
Originally posted by: Angel-likeDevil

Thankyou!
I think there's no English translation of the novel? :( 

@bold --- Haha, this was the first serial perhaps I have watched with minimal characters! It felt as though serial would've been incomplete without any one character. The quality of direction, content and everything is just that good.

Not only Pakistani serials, I am in love with Pakistani culture, traditions, lifestyles, language and just about everything! Now that serials are being telecast here, they should show Pakistani movies, and telefilms also, here, in India.

Pakistan movies are in revival phase at the moment. Only handful of movies are being made but things surely are looking positive in near future.

starstruckk thumbnail
Guys, is Master aur Afsar a novel by Umera? 
That's the next show of Umera's that will air. 
MochaQueen thumbnail
I think its an original script by her.
Gujar thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Welcome to the forum Angel. If i'm not mistaken weren't you in Bolly section at one time like me. ?
Usman. thumbnail
Originally posted by: starstruckk

No, i think its an original script. Excited about this serial. Any idea about the cast?
mary78613 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Originally posted by: starstruckk

Master aur Afsar? Thats a weird name. 😕
mary78613 thumbnail
Originally posted by: Usman.

Belli Raajputan ki mallika by Nemra Ahmad:

This one is set in 1939 in a village named Belli Raajputan..The story is about a British Princess Maya Fernandes who is married to a Hindu maharaja. The maharaja is killed and Maya suspects something suspicious and she thinks that Maharaja was murdered.There is also qabristan ka bhoot which has terrified the whole village. The story is full of suspense and mystery.

Parizaad by Hashim Nadeem:

Its the story of a guy named Parizaad..who is just opposite of his name (Lookwise). The story is about his struggles in life and how his face (which he is not so proud of) takes him places and the attitude of the people towards him changes. Basically, its the story of Parizaad and his different phases of life. 

Shab-e-Aarzoo ka aalam:
Its the story of two individuals. The girl is an orphan who lives with her siblings in her grand parents house. Due to certain circumstances in her life, she matured earlier than other girls in her life. She is type of girl whom you can classify as buddhi aatma 😆. The boy is a rebel. His father is a very strict man who wants discipline and wants his every command to be obeyed (like Amitabh Bacchan in mohabbatein), his mother is a typical bollywood movie mother who wants to support her children but pati is parmeshwar so she cant do anything (like Kajol's mother in DDLJ). The boy & girl meet, fall in love but a stupid twist separate them. Thats the whole thing.

Thanks a million..
I started Belli Rajputan. Its nice so far..
Do you recommend any other books ? 

Except Peer e Kaamil, Jannat Ke Patte, Lahasil, Amarbail and all Farhat Ishtiaq novels. 
Edited by mary78613 - 9 years ago
mary78613 thumbnail
Originally posted by: HeavenlyBliss.

Shab e Arzoo had the most ridiculour twist, it didnt even make sense.

I am so glad that I never saw the show.
Edited by mary78613 - 9 years ago
mary78613 thumbnail
Originally posted by: AshesToDust

i read Bin Roye Ansu too; i must say it was a good read... but then have never heard of such a thing happening to real people. Its difficult to relate sometimes. But one does enjoy her work.

I have read Umera's...okay everything except Thora sa asmaan, Umr Bail, and Harf Se Lafz Tak.
Yes i have readd all other available works. Even the script plays of Urdaan, Doraha and another.
Wbu?

@bold Ya.. Sometimes you don't want to read realistic stuff or the religious stuff. I am kind of tired of books in which the leads become religious and all. I loved Peer E Kaamil, but then writers just wrote too much on the same topic and it lost its charm.

Since I was a pathetic urdu reader, I started reading short stories at first.
I read short stories by Umera and Farhat (she writes easy urdu, so its convenient to read)
Some of her stories were really predictable but there are two or three which I really like.
Bin Roye Aansu, Kab Haath Mein Tera Haath Nahi and MHMD. These 3 are my absolute favourites. 
Usman. thumbnail
Originally posted by: mary78613

Thanks a million..
I started Belli Rajputan. Its nice so far..
Do you recommend any other books ? 

Except Peer e Kaamil, Jannat Ke Patte, Lahasil, Amarbail and all Farhat Ishtiaq novels. 

You're welcome
Belli Rajputan.. has two stories.. The 2nd one is definitely not recommended. It was a pathetic story imo.

I will suggest you to read Darbar-e-dil.. its a short story and is not like typical Umera stuff. Mann-o-salva is also one of the best books i've read but its quite lengthy.