Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

bheegi thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago

Originally posted by: anu rulz

@ bold, well said..👏👏
the whole washing off the reason of the war onto draupadi's head is shutting one's eyes to all the wrongs tht everyone else has done in the epic..if drit and gandhari had atleast taught their sons to respect their cousins and women, the VH wudnt really have happened, wud it now? so why not blame them? this woman underwent violence, shame and molestation wen she was menstruating, for crying out loud..and she is judged for wanting justice?? and is justified for refusing karna based on caste which btw, half the population in our country does day in and out even today..awesome brains!! and as if the Pandavas went fighting without any motive of their own.. towards the end, it was more "land" than "wife's dignity" as someone mentioned in their post.. 

Thanks Anu rulz. Unfortunately, little has changed over the 5000 years. To this date, people still blame women for violence against them. Things will never change unless parents like Dhrit-Gandhari learn to punish their offsprings for their bad behavior...indulging them and not giving them the right values is what creates the monsters in the society

I agree, to a large extent Gandhari and Dhrit should share the responsibility for the vidhwans ...hope they will show that in SP in next few days 
bheegi thumbnail

Originally posted by: yeskay

I don't think anybody has blamed Draupadi for mahabharat except for Ghandhari in starbharat. I agree with you and I didn't like that even after losing her sons Ghandhari neither realize her sons sins nor does she take resposibility of not being able to raise them with proper values.

Thanks Yeskay. Dury and Ashwathama both have blamed Draupadi by calling her 'kulnashini' etc in the last few days

Gandhari's curse and Draupadi's admission that she wanted to pratishodh was a major distortion yesterday, adding fuel to the fire
Sadhana_pr thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
A very stimulating post👍🏼. I guess I am bit late to join the discussion as most of the relevant things have been articulated in the above posts. Interestingly a few days ago I met someone who said something along these very lines- Draupadi caused the war. I actually smiled and said-I guess thats a compliment?. It left my friend baffled and me amused at the hilarity of the situation. It sounds misogynistic but actually is unintentionally feminist. Like we talk about equal rights and women empowerment, and this lady was so empowered that she just had to say-"Let there be war" and Lo! Behold! There was WAR😆. I mean seriously, if that lady had this amount of say and power then my admiration grows in leaps and bounds!
But jokes apart, I think blaming the oppressed for any upheaval, is like saying you should have compromised with the oppression and injustice instead of standing up. And this I say in defence of both Draupadi and the Pandavs😊.
bheegi thumbnail

Originally posted by: Sadhana_pr

A very stimulating post👍🏼. I guess I am bit late to join the discussion as most of the relevant things have been articulated in the above posts. Interestingly a few days ago I met someone who said something along these very lines- Draupadi caused the war. I actually smiled and said-I guess thats a compliment?. It left my friend baffled and me amused at the hilarity of the situation. It sounds misogynistic but actually is unintentionally feminist. Like we talk about equal rights and women empowerment, and this lady was so empowered that she just had to say-"Let there be war" and Lo! Behold! There was WAR😆. I mean seriously, if that lady had this amount of say and power then my admiration grows in leaps and bounds!

But jokes apart, I think blaming the oppressed for any upheaval, is like saying you should have compromised with the oppression and injustice instead of standing up. And this I say in defence of both Draupadi and the Pandavs😊.

Good one Sadhna👏! Yeah, another way of looking at it...wish she was really that powerful and influential in a society where women were forced into marriages/used as alliances between kingdoms/denied their rights....
Edited by bheegi - 9 years ago
divyasn thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
In the epic Gandhari curses Krishna saying , he could have rescued her one son who did lesser sins ...  I sympathise with her ,  never she blames Droupadi ...

She was the one to bless Duryodhan where there is dharm , there is victory ...
divyasn thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
I feel all ladies in Mahabharat are strong and fighters in their own way ...

amba , gandhari , kunti , droupadi even to the matter dushala ...

Dushala got a rapist husband - after the war she lost all her brothers and husband ... soon her parents too ...
Angela_Grokes thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Great, great, great post bheegi. I so much wanted someone to post this , you have expressed all my feelings in just one go. She never asked for any war. How she be held responsible? I really feel bad for those whose just simply point Draupadi to be a reason of war. And even heart wrenching is the fact that people blame a woman for all miss happenings , and wrongs in the society. Whether it is rape, eve teasing, fights, and even war. What kind of a world are we living in?! Edited by Angela_Grokes - 9 years ago
Quantum-Dot thumbnail
Fantastic post sangeeta...infact pandavas faught war for getting their rights to da throne...infact they were ready to take five villages...bt dury dint evn accept that and da peace proposal too...thus led to kurushetra war...those ppl who blame dpadi for da war surely dint read epic at all...yes she got avenged due to da war bt she was nvr responsible for it...evn if ppl think that i wl say what happnd to kaurav was always deservd...dury ,dussy deserve such punishment for what they did in dyut sabha n with dpadi...dury's jealousy with pandavas n his greed for throne as its his only property frm childhood crossed all limits n that needed a fullstop...
Angela_Grokes thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Simantini_M

Fantastic post sangeeta...infact pandavas faught war for getting their rights to da throne...infact they were ready to take five villages...bt dury dint evn accept that and da peace proposal too...thus led to kurushetra war...those ppl who blame dpadi for da war surely dint read epic at all...yes she got avenged due to da war bt she was nvr responsible for it...evn if ppl think that i wl say what happnd to kaurav was always deservd...dury ,dussy deserve such punishment for what they did in dyut sabha n with dpadi...dury's jealousy with pandavas n his greed for throne as its his only property frm childhood crossed all limits n that needed a fullstop...

I completely agree with you dear. Infact people never mind saying that Draupadi was the reason of the war, even if they have read the epic. They simply blame her to be a reason because she got justice in the war when she washed her hair with dushy's blood. Because of that one incident the blame of war falls on Drau's shoulders.
Quantum-Dot thumbnail

Originally posted by: Angela_Grokes

I completely agree with you dear. Infact people never mind saying that Draupadi was the reason of the war, even if they have read the epic. They simply blame her to be a reason because she got justice in the war when she washed her hair with dushy's blood. Because of that one incident the blame of war falls on Drau's shoulders.

Exactly Angel...she bathed her hair with dussy's blood...y wont she do that aftr hw much assault she faced in da dyut sabha?? such ppl shld place them in her place n think does dussy really dint deserve that??