Aamir Faces Obscenity charge for PK Poster

awesomegurti thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 9 years ago
Bollywood superstar Aamir Khan and others associated with the film P.K. might land in a legal soup as a Kanpur lawyer has filed an obscenity case against them for the film's explicit first look.

The first poster of the movie 'PK', directed by Rajkumar Hirani and produced by Vidhu Vinod Chopra, was unveiled yesterday both online and in print media. Newspapers carried a full page photo of a nude Aamir Khan covering his modesty with a mere tape recorder.

While a majority of the people has taken the poster sportingly, some have evidently been put off by display of nudity in it.

Manoj Kumar, a lawyer from Kanpur, was shocked to see the poster appear in a newspaper.

"When I received a copy of the newspaper I was shocked with the poster. Newspaper reaches crores of people, including children and the elderly," Manoj is quoted as saying.

The advocate has filed a case of obscenity against Aamir Khan, Rajkumar Hirani and Vidhu Vinod Chopra, in the court of additional city magistrate VII. The case has been filed under section 292 of IPC.

'PK' is a satirical comedy starring Aamir in many different looks. The film's first poster is no doubt bold and shocking, but the jury is still out on how many find it obscene.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

awesomegurti thumbnail
Originally posted by: ASRaddictKKG

😆

Y laughing 😳 😆

Poster ke liye ya charge ke liye 😆
return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
LMAO. Whatever floats people's boats. 
awesomegurti thumbnail

Sunny 😆

Aapko Pata hain yahi hona hita karke 😆
MaebyFunke thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3
LOL it would have mattered if he showed what was hidden behind the radio. 
Dimdim thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
50 year old Adult in a nearly nude picture it was bound to happen.   I am sure AK is thrilled with the additional publicity. Wonder what thoughts  the Satyamev Jayate producers have ? Edited by Mithuu - 9 years ago
shaazi thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Embedded image permalink Edited by shaazi - 9 years ago
SH7_Sunny thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 9 Thumbnail + 4
😲 ðŸ¤£ ðŸ¤£
It's strange that Muslim extremists are quiet seeing a naked poster of a 'haji'.  
Dimdim thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: NailClipper

It's strange that Muslim extremists are quiet seeing a naked poster of a 'haji'.  

In my opinion it boils down to a person's character not religion.
I hope and pray Religion stays out of this.