Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-Disenchanted- thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 9 years ago
Originally posted by: henamani

this is by far my favouritest update. rudra realising his love and expressing it and paro acknowledging it - but agar aamne saamne hote to :)

Thank you. I'm not sure Rudra will be this confident or clear for an aamne saamne confession.
Cutemithra thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Hi.. That was a nice chapter... Aman confronting paro and she teasing him in return.. Rudra talking to paro's photo.. Paro dreaming about rudra... Then light moments between the family members..especially Rudra's sulking about noone inviting him formally and mohini's dialogue in response to Sumer's description of his dream girl.. I liked everything... You write so well...
-Disenchanted- thumbnail
Originally posted by: Cutemithra

Hi.. That was a nice chapter... Aman confronting paro and she teasing him in return.. Rudra talking to paro's photo.. Paro dreaming about rudra... Then light moments between the family members..especially Rudra's sulking about noone inviting him formally and mohini's dialogue in response to Sumer's description of his dream girl.. I liked everything... You write so well...

Thank you. I'm glad you liked it.
-Disenchanted- thumbnail
Chapter 26

At the general's home, Samrat had just left and Geethanjali asked the maid to remove the empty tea cups. "God knows what goes on in Paro's head these days. Neither did sshe tell me that her jeejosa will visit today nor did she stay home from work" she complained to her maid. The maid pacified her mistress, she is a young woman who is probably lost in her own happy dreams. "There is a function in her sister's home shortly. There are so many more things for her to do than to waste away on idle dreaming. Who else is more important to her than her Maithili jeeja?" she asked. The maid was hestitant but knew that she shouldn't keep this to herself, "Memsaab, I know its not my place to say. But Paro bhaisa seems to be growing very fond of Major saab. So her sister may not be the only attraction at the Ranavat haveli." Geethanjali was shocked, was she accusing Parvati and Rudra of having a secret affair behind everyone's back. "No memsaab, she is too honest for that. I observed how her face usually glows and her eyes twinkle when she comes home from meeting him. Maybe you and Bade saab should talk to the Ranavats and join the young ones in matrimony. She deserves to have a home and family of her own so why not we marry her off to someone she likes."

Geethanjali pondered on what the maid has just revealed. Was Paro falling for Rudra? She thought back to the weeks before the party. Paro was always eager to here news about the Ranavat clan when Aman visited. She was always anxious when Rudra was on the phone with her husband. She then remembered how he flew into a murderous rage when the waiter bumped into Paro at the party and how upset she was when he injured arm and didn't rest until she bandaged his hand. One of the guests even commented on them being her bedroom alone that night. She needed to do something before people misread their relationship.

Geethanjali spent the rest of the morning looking at the pictures taken that night. Paro looked beautiful in blue and she looked so happy dancing with Rudra. And the way Rudra held her, as if she is the most precious thing to him in the entire world. They made such a gorgeous couple, surely it was a match made in heaven. She knew Paro would be well taken care of by Dilsher. And from what she knew of Maithili, the young woman thought of Paro as her own little sister. As for Rudra, the man never did anything half way. His passion for her will engulf her and she will never know a lover more fierce in his ardour than Rudra Pratap Ranavat. And he needed affection too, he lived too long alone with his bitter father, Paro will be a blessing for both of them.

At work, Paro couldn't focus on anything. Her feelings towards Rudra was confusing. First he was this nice BSD officer who saved her in the desert. Then he became her husband's murder who was ready to go to any extreme to destroy Tejawat even it would ruin her in the process. And now he was this young man who delighted her by his mere presence, excited her by his sultry voice and set her aflame by single touch. Last night was proof of that, she still wasn't sure if it was a dream or if really was there in her room. She knew that he did come all the way to Jaipur but would he really encroach her personal space like that. It wasn't the first time he did that, it happened quite often when she lived with him. He often grabbed her hand or held her close just to intimidate her by his proximity. Knowing fully well how it would affect her, the Jallad. She also remembered that he would be flustered too after that. The man last night wasn't, he still had his usual confidence and swagger. What surprised her more was how calm she was, it was almost like he belonged there, right next to her. She wished Bindi was still alive and she could talk to her. She would be able help her sort out her confusing feelings.

The only reason she stayed the entire day at the haveli was in hope that she runs into him. She had been to his room, Bapusa's room even the terrace. He wasn't there at all. And when he finally got home, those women had to remind her of how messed her own life is that she ended up running away. She knew that she didn't deserve any of that. But how could she defend herself without crucifying Rudra. But she couldn't now, after knowing his reason for all the arm twisting and threats were for the greater good and that her captivity was for her protection. But her wished that he was able to protect her honour as well as her life. In a way it was her punishment for being blind to Tejawat's dealings. Maybe someday, somehow she will be able to put the past behind her. For now like all the other women at the NGO, she had to focus on the present and rebuild her future. Though it would be wonderful if Rudra could be a part of both, he was exactly what she has prayed to her Bholenath for, right upto his name.

Paro and her uncle returned home to see Geethanjali in a very good mood. She told them of Samrat's visit and Paro regretted her forgetfulness. "I completely forgot that he was coming to invite you both. Did he and jeeja come by themselves?" she enquired eagerly. Geethanjali knew she wanted to know if Rudra had come along, "No, he came alone. But promised to bring your jeeja next time. Now that his brother is moving to Jaipur, they will visit the city more frequently." Paro was glad that jeeja had more reason to come but wondered if Rudra would come to visit Sumer bhaisa. They were never close to begin with, but it would be so nice if things changed. Rudra needed his family's affection even though he had his BSD colleagues to socialize, family was important too. "Paro, Paro!" Geethanjali interrupted her thoughts, "Who are you thinking about with such a pretty smile on your face?" She replied that she was just happy for Sumer bhaisa and excused herself.

"What are you upto my darling wife? Don't shake your head, I know that glint in your eye too well. Tell me is it about Aman and Kavya, do they find each other agreeable?" he asked looking at their picture in the party album on her lap. Aman likes Kavya very much and took her photo with him to Delhi to show his mother. She has a knack for match making even if he doesn't like her poking her nose in others' personal matters, she smirked. She didn't want to tell him about Paro and Rudra yet, knowing how much they thought for her like their own daughter. She wanted to observe them together first. She had been preoccupied at the party but the upcoming function would be a good opportunity to gauge how the Ranavat family treated her. She also wanted to discuss this with Maithili before taking things forward. She knew that Dilsher would love Paro as his daughter-in-law, but needed to know how Paro felt. If the red rose by her bed was any indication, the girl was falling for the major as well. But after everything that she had been through patience and sensitivity was required.

Two days later, Geethanjali found Paro in the kitchen making kheer hurriedly. "Why aren't you ready yet? We are leaving for Chandangarh in a hour" she scolded. Paro explained that she had promised to bring kheer and is almost done. She will get ready soon. "Ok tell me what you are going to wear, I'll take the jewellery out of the locker for you" she asked. Paro wanted to wear her blue saree which she wore for the party. "That blue one? Why? Does Shanti like blue?" she asked her niece casually.   "Not Shanti, but he..." she almost told her that Rudra loved to see her in blue. Her aunt had a teasing look on her face, she hugged her and told her innocently, "I'll wear whatever you want" wondering if she guessed about her fondness for Rudra.

Geethanjali knew the girl wanted to dress up for the major. She picked out a lovely sea green net saree with a gold border and paired it with peacock earings and a pendant set with diamonds and emeralds "She would look like a forest nymph in this" she told herself satisfied with her work. Paro loved the saree picked out for her. Her hair was set in soft curls and brought to one side of her neck. She gently lined her eyes with a kohl pencil and dabbed a bit of gloss on her lips and was pleased with her appearance.

At the Ranavat haveli, the rituals were done and the family were relaxing in the drawing room. The proud parents, Maithili and Samrat were happy that their daughter was accepted so warmly by everyone. There was no more pity towards Maithili and the neighbours commended her for being kind enough to raise another's child as her own and Mohini was praised for being magnanimous for opening her home to an orphan. The entire family enjoyed the peacefulness of the moment as the general regaled them with war stories of his previous missions with Rudra while enjoying the kheer Paro made. Dilsher swelled with pride to listen to the praise showered on his son by his boss. Rudra was feeling awkward with all the talk surrounding his work. Even his aunt thought he deserved a medal for his handling of the Tejawat case not aware of he almost got suspended for it. He looked at Paro and wondered if she would agree with his aunt considering the amount of emotional pain he had caused, unable to accept her innocence in the entire matter. Paro however never paid attention to the conversation. She started to tune out people when they started to talk of the baraat massacre or anything related to Birpur. She couldn't change anything that happened and all the people whom she cared about were killed by Tejawat. She had to focus on the future now as that was her mamisa would want. Just like she had to rebuild her life when her parents died.

Awhile later, she retrieved the cups to take to the kitchen, she noticed that Rudra hadn't even tasted the kheer. It upset her a little as she had made especially for him. She should have thought before cooking, why did she have to take a dream so seriously. A single tear escaped her eyes as she scolded herself for letting his thoughts direct her actions. She didn't want to go back to the hall lest jeeja or maasiji ask questions. Rudra noticed that she left the family and went to look for her. He found her sitting near the fountain and smiled. This was something he could get used to, inspite of the sulking. She looked like a woodland fairy who came to visit his home. She had worn a lehenga of the same color on their sangeet. He remembered how Samrat and Maithili were dancing to Rab ne bana di jodi. That night he wished it was really his bride peeping from the alcove and they would someday have the atleast some of the blessing that his cousins cherished so much in their marriage. It was painful to see how his entire family came together to celebrate his wedding when he knew that it was all an act and that she hated him. Today all he wanted was a second chance and was willing to treat her like a delicate china doll if that is what she wanted from him.

[P]
She saw him approach and contemplated whether she wanted to listen to her heart and stay and talk or listen to her mind and walk away. "Are you alright?" he asked softly and she could read nothing but concern in the eyes she knew well. She nodded her head and turned away. He held her back by her wrist with the utmost gentleness. She didn't want pull her hand back, instead she let him bring her closer to him. With his free hand, he pushed a strand of hair off her face and asked sincerely, "Paro, what's wrong?" It was deja vu for Paro, was she day dreaming again, she had to snap out of it. If he cared so much, why didn't he eat the kheer she had made, she asked still cross with his behaviour. He smiled and answered that he doesn't eat sweets. She was curious to know why but he didn't answer that he hadn't eaten anything sweet since his mother left. "No wonder he is sweet only in my dreams and the real life version is isn't" she muttered to herself. Rudra was stunned, he was sweet to her in her dreams, that meant he did manage to affect her just as much as she affected him. He smirked looking at her averted eyes and pouting lips. He twisted the hand which he still held, behind her and brought her closer to him. "What did I do in your sweet dreams, Paro?" he purred in her ear. Her face flushed with a furious shape of red as she realised what she almost told him.
deepsel thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
OMG Rithu...You left me hanging in the end...Dammit...Girl don't be so cruel😆😆😆...Please please please don't let anyone come near that fountain for next 10 minutes please..😳😳😳

What an awesome update hon...How nice to see a happy family , everyone chipping in for PARUD union..OMG I love this..

And the pictures u attached ..superb saree and jewels...Even I remembered Sangeet costume..

I just want to squeeze Paro's cheek in your update for all the cutesy pouts..😆😆

Lovely Rithu..now I am desperate for your next update...

Soon update before you return...yes I am demanding you🤣..Sorry sorry requesting you😳
custodian75 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Am I second? Wow! 
Lovely update. Geetanjali mam has a new project now. Project PaRudr milaap. 
Nice to see Rudr care about Paro. 
KhushiParo thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: deepsel

OMG Rithu...You left me hanging in the end...Dammit...Girl don't be so cruel😆😆😆...Please please please don't let anyone come near that fountain for next 10 minutes please..😳😳😳

What an awesome update hon...How nice to see a happy family , everyone chipping in for PARUD union..OMG I love this..

And the pictures u attached ..superb saree and jewels...Even I remembered Sangeet costume..

I just want to squeeze Paro's cheek in your update for all the cutesy pouts..😆😆

Lovely Rithu..now I am desperate for your next update...

Soon update before you return...yes I am demanding you🤣..Sorry sorry requesting you😳

I second this request😆
deepsel thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Originally posted by: KhushiParo

I second this request😆

OMG Sis...we are totally gone cases...now we are not leaving even stories🤣🤣...Do u want to know the two most pitiful creatures in this world right now---- Your devarsa and my Jeeja ji 🤣
Cutemithra thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Nice update.. So Geetanjali mam in action... Let her succeed soon...

Awww.. Paro blurted out about her dream to Rudra.. Waiting for next update...

The pictures were also nice...Edited by Cutemithra - 9 years ago
KhushiParo thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Hi Rithu,
 awesome update. Hope Geetanjali madam will take control and do what she wants to do, talking with Maithili and observing Paro's blushing face.☺️
Thanks to the lady who informed Geetanjali about Paro and Rudra.
The description of Paro is so good felt like really watching Parud scene.
Awww.. he heard what she mumbled and the concern in his voice and holding her near him hmmm...☺️  I can picture Parud so well in this chapter.
On the serious note I'm warning you this shouldn't be a dream, please don't drop me from the cloud again.