A Parud FF: After the storm ( Final chapter posted) - Page 29

Posted: 9 years ago
Originally posted by SPraba

Super update rithu
You have beautifully written about Dilsher and his repentance. And his loving nature towards Paro
Sighs Rudra really cares for Paro but his way of showing it is really different
Felt so bad for Paro when those ladies spoke ill of her
Cant wait to read more
Hope u are having an awesome vacation and thanks for the update
Take care

Thanks Prabha. I wished they has shown Dilsher's softening towards women before Mala returned because it was mainly due to Paro and Maithili that he realised that all women are not bad. I love his relationship with Paro too.
Felt bad for Paro while writing this but it was necessary.
I'm having a blast but still need my Parud daily dose, so keep writing.
Take care.
@Shafoo, Marriedlove - thanks for dropping by.
@mpat - looking forward to your view on the story so far.
awww rudra went all the way with her following her bus! so cute, loved the chapter but when they get back together, missing them together! 
Originally posted by rithureuben

Thanks Sushmita. Dilsher is not the businessman type, it was either the aristocrat who lived on his inheritance or the wounded soldier who loved his job. I felt the latter fit better since his brother and son are both in the BSD. And yes, its matches his attitude well.
Mohini is slowly starting to see Rudra separate from her sister, so she is able to realise that he is a nice young man after all. And his efforts towards Sumer's job is helping smoothen things between them.
A fake engagement will set tongues wagging in most villages. Rudra and Paro will have to face them eventually and sort things out.
He had to follow the bus, he is her rakshak. So has to stick around till she is alright.
Regarding the butterflies, most kids do it when they are young before other shiny toys get their attention. Except for our Paro who held on to a simple joy right upto adulthood. He will get his titli, she was always his.
Smile? I thought I would make Paro blush for you in the next update 😉

Blush?...☺️☺️...Oh! I'll take that happily. 
I am waiting for passionate hug but thought it'll take time so adjusting with smile if you are giving more than that ...its lovely.
🤗
Originally posted by anisa79

awww rudra went all the way with her following her bus! so cute, loved the chapter but when they get back together, missing them together! 
At this point in the story they will be together only for sometime till they separate forawhile. The wedding is still away which will join them forever. 
Originally posted by KhushiParo

Blush?...☺️☺️...Oh! I'll take that happily. 
I am waiting for passionate hug but thought it'll take time so adjusting with smile if you are giving more than that ...its lovely.
🤗
My Parud starved brain has come up with an idea. Still working out its execution.
Fabulous work dear... Am liking your characterisations...

Composed Rudra, not so evil mohini... Paro was strong in the show also but you have developed her side of story too and that has made the character even more beautiful..

Last line of the last chapter.. Hw sweet of rudra to follow her all the way to Jaipur.. Waiting for next chapter..Edited by Cutemithra - 9 years ago
Chapter 25 please ritz. I am waiting for it.
Originally posted by Cutemithra

Fabulous work dear... Am liking your characterisations...

Composed Rudra, not so evil mohini... Paro was strong in the show also but you have developed her side of story too and that has made the character even more beautiful..

Last line of the last chapter.. Hw sweet of rudra to follow her all the way to Jaipur.. Waiting for next chapter..

Thank you. Mohini is more interesting as a grey character and Rudra is supposed to be a successful army officer so had to be composed if not calm. As for Paro, I love her other worldly innocence, but it makes more sense for her to grow with each trial she faces.
Chapter 25

He drove all the way to Jaipur? Did he really care about her, it made her skip her beat. Who was she to him, a friend like Aman bhaisa or something more. Blood rushed to her cheek at that thought. She hid her face hoping he doesn't guess what she was thinking of. The bus came to a stop and she rushed out. She ran as she saw a BSD jeep parked far away. She was surprised at her own reaction, how far they had come, she and her Jallad. He got out as soon as he saw her. A wave of disappointment hit her as she saw Aman walking towards her instead of him. Jallad, she thought to herself, he drove all the way and then left without saying goodbye.

Aman couldn't deciper her reaction. Rudra had called him awhile back and told him that Paro had left Chandangarh by bus and needed someone to pick her up. He didn't understand why she was alone and what happened to the constable in charge who was supposed to accompany her when she went out. But his senior wasn't interested in clarifying, "Just go pick her up, Aman. Don't ask questions." He sounded angry, did Paro refuse to go with him? He knew that a negative response from Paro usually sets off Rudra's temper. He spoke to the constable after that who told him that the Ranavats sent him off saying they would take her home. He wanted to ask why she just left by herself when Tejawat was still around.

As he parked the car at the general's home, he told her that Rudra asked him to pick her up at the bus stand. "Really, did he say anything else," she was curious whether he felt the change in their relationship too. Aman shook his head, his senior was a man of few words. "Was he supposed to tell me anything else?" he asked her. She shook her head, it didn't matter. Her Jallad's actions are more honest than all the tales he usually spins. "Its a beautiful night" she told as the night breeze brought in the rich smell of roses from the garden. She walked to her favorite spot, the bench among the roses. He followed her curious as to why she wasn't going in. "Paro, what's going on between you and Rudra Sir?" he asked seeing the twinkle in his eye. She gave him a shy smile and asked him what was going on between him and Kavya, the girl he danced with at the party. "It is a beautiful night, Paro. But I should go home now" he averted her question and she knew that he was feeling exactly the same way.

Paro reached her hand and plucked a bright red rose. "Careful, those thorns will cut your hand" he warned. "The rose is an extraordinary flower that it is why it needs sharp thorns to protect its soft petals. There is no need to be driven away by the thorns. If we just handle it with gentle care, then its sweetness is ours forever" she said. What was she talking about he wondered as she remembered another conversation about roses and Rudra at the same garden bench, on a magical night not too long ago. "Its getting late. You should go in" Aman told her as he left for home. She got up awhile later and went in with the rose in hand. The old maid asked if she wanted something. She didn't want this day to end, she met her family after a long time. They were her family weren't they? Especially if Rudra loved her, someday they will be. She asked the maid for a small vase. Then placed it with the rose by her bed. As long as she lived, she will wake up to see roses the first thing in the morning and retire to bed seeing roses as the last thing at night.

The entire Ranavat clan waited for the storm to come anxiously. They had seen Rudra rush after Paro. And on enquiring the workers, they knew what had transpired. Mohini sent the three women home not knowing what her nephew's reaction would be. It was just foolish gossip for them but they didn't know all the details and how much the family was affected by this case. Paro had touched all their lives in one way or the other and they felt bad that she had to listen to such hurtful comments. "Kakisa! Where are those stupid women who spoke unnecessarily?" he roared as he entered. Samrat asked his wife to take the baby inside knowing that they were both scared of Rudra's temper. "Banna calm down, your kaki has sent them after giving them a good shouting for commenting on our family matters. Its all settled and won't happen again. Come lets go have dinner now, its late" Danveer tried to diffuse the situation. Rudra wasn't going to let go of the insult so easily, he wanted them sacked. "Those women had no business to talk of Paro that way. She has been through enough because of Tejawat. She doesn't need to listen to these small minded fools judge her this way. She didn't do anything dishonourable when she was here for them to gossip about in such a cheap manner. Kakisa tell them clearly if I see them again, they will wish they had never set their eyes on me or Paro." Dilsher knew it was Paro's rakshak talking and he had to be made to listen to reason. He was to be blamed in this mess too. "You were the one who faked the engagement and pulled her upto the mantap. You can't blame people for wondering about your relationship," he reasoned not wanting to affect the employment of those poor women. He was the one who started the fiance drama and she was the one who planned their wedding, Rudra pointed out to his father and aunt. "Yes banna, you were the one who announced that you will get married in four days in a grand manner too. People saw you as the doting groom besotted with his lovely bride. Remember how you joined her for Jhanki and then adorned her hands with mehndi yourself. You couldn't even leave her alone after the haldi ceremony" Mohini pointed out his part on all this. He had to protect her from Tejawat and that meant staying close to her and keeping her safe. She asked him to think calmly how many of his actions were those of a bodyguard and how much was because he was a young man who cared about the beautiful young woman.

Rudra didn't have a response. He knew better than to trust a pretty face, didn't he. Then why was he drawn to her like a moth to a flame. He went to his room, the aangan where everyone was present, was stiffling. He took out her picture from his cupboard. "What have you done to me, Paro? I'm falling desperately in love with you. But I'm scared that you will walk out on me. You have done it before for Tejawat, for General Singh. You trusted them more than me. So far you were just my witness, it was ok I can understand. But if I let you mean more, it would kill me to watch you turn away from me. You always trust me with your life, but will you give me your heart and trust that I will cherish it too. Now, after all that I put you through," he stopped, suddenly realising that he was talking to a photograph.

There was a knock on his door, Maithili had brought him dinner. "I'm not hungry, bhabhisa" he was still feeling bad that he wasn't there when Paro visited. She smiled, "Paro cooked specially for you, she will feel bad if you don't finish." He looked at the plate and saw that she had made potatoes, dal and rotis for him. He took the plate, "You made the rotis" he observed as he took a bite. Paro was a guest, she can't be imposed on to make the entire meal by herself. "That's ok, your rotis are nice and soft too" he said. She liked it when her devar was not in a sour mood. She wondered if he managed to meet Paro, she knew he was anxious to meet her when he rushed into the kitchen earlier. "Did you meet Paro? She didn't call yet. So I don't know how she reached home" she said cross at her sister. She took a bus as she was angry to let him drive her home. He made sure Aman was waiting for her at Jaipur. "It's for the best. People are already talking about you both. It will tarnish her reputation further" she told him sensibly. He hated the damage he had done so far, he asked "Do you believe any of it to be true?" No, she knew her sister very well, she would never do anything wrong. And from what she knew of him, he would never take advantage of the situation. But there is a good reason for young women to address an unrelated man as brother like how she calls Aman bhaisa. "I almost tied a mangalsutr around her neck, being a brother to her is unimaginable" he said softly remembering how he filled her maang that night. There was only possible relationship between them, terrifying though it may be to him. Maithili thought to herself, the engagement that was supposed to be fake did leave an impact on him. "Your sister will drive me crazy" he said to himself softly. So she was no longer just his witness, Maithili thought to herself as she left the door, hearing his words. Maybe Paro might someday be back in their home as her Devarani.

Later in the night, Paro felt someone gently caress her face. She opened her eyes to see Rudra lying down next to her. He smiled as he pushed a strand of hair off her face. She got up and asked, "What are you doing here?" He replied that he came to thank her for cooking for him. "Did you like it? I made it exactly the way you liked it" she told him. His hands found hers and interlaced their fingers together. "Paro, why do always cook potatoes for me?" he asked. Because that's what he cooked for her the first night in the haveli, she thought he liked them. Next time she will make kheer for him, she makes the best kheer in Birpur. "Make anything you want. I will always enjoy what you make" he said kissing her hand. Her heart beat a little faster or was it the door. "You should go before someone comes," she was getting scared. No, he shook his head, he had come all the way from Chandangarh just to see her. He wanted to stay for some more time. "Paro!" came the voice of their maid. "Its the maid, she may misunderstand us if she sees you here" she pushed him off the bed. Nobody knew when she came to him that night, when kakisa slapped him because of her, he reminded her with a smirk. The maid was banging the door and this besharam was thinking of the time, he flipped her onto his bed. The memory made blood rush to her cheek. "You must go, I need to open the door" she pleaded. She wanted him to go or she needed him gone, he asked. "What difference does it make? Hey bholenath, please help me" she shut her eyes and prayed. She felt something prick her cheeks as it seemed like his moustache, had he kissed her? Her eyes flew open, she looked around. She was in bed alone and the room was empty. Was he really here, she wondered. "Jallad!" she said and went to open the door.

"I'm sorry for disturbing your sleep. But you wanted to be informed when Bade saab returns" the maid apologised the minute she opened the door. Paro smiled and went downstairs to greet her aunt and uncle. She was so happy to see them again and they her. Geethanjali was glad to see her smile, she had sounded dull on the phone that morning. She forced her husband to fly home early. "Are you all right, Paro? You look a little flushed" the general noticed seeing her red cheeks. Paro cupped her face and lied that it must be because she ran too fast. She cursed her Jallad inwardly, it was all his fault.
[/B][B]
The next day morning, Rudra saw Samrat sitting by himself at the breakfast table. He served the parathas and the curry to his cousin saying that Maithili is angry so she will come later. Rudra was surprised, she wasn't someone who gets angry easily for small things. He had seen her being polite to kakisa even after the worst verbal lashing she received. "What did you do to upset her?" he asked. He was going to Jaipur and she wanted to go with him and meet Paro. Especially since Sumer and kakisa coming along. Maithili appeared and complained that Maajisa needed to go to get Sumer settled in at Jaipur. But he was going to the general's home to personally invite them for the annaprashan function. "Maithili you know there is so much left to do, how can both of us go?" he argued. Rudra to offer to invite his boss at work today. "That won't do at all, they have been so kind to my sister and take such good care of her little sister. They must be invited formally" she explained her point. Rudra left the table mubbling to himself, "I also took good care of her sister, nobody is inviting me formally." Dilsher heard the remark just as he sat down, "Samrat, I think Rudradev wants a formal invitation too, else he will skip it and happily sit in his BSD office." "He will come, Paro will be there", said Danveer aware the young couple's attraction to each other. "Beendani, be fair. She was here almost the entire day yesterday. So don't complain that you didn't spend enough time together. Else do one thing, convince her to marry your devarsa then she will live right here with you," Mohini suggested casually. "But I don't want to marry Paro" Sumer gasped. Samrat laughed nobody was talking about him. But still what was wrong with her, she is a nice girl and would make a wonderful companion for anybody. "Yes bhaisa, but she is so delicate and dreamy. She will need someone to watch out for her all the time, you know like a bodyguard" he explained. "That's why she would be perfect for Rudra bhaisa. It would be a match made in heaven. By the way if Paro is too delicate for you, what kind of girl do you want to marry," asked Sunheri as Mohini paid rapt attention to her favorite child's preference. "I want a girl who is feisty like a lioness, someone who would chew off anyone's head for bothering her" he replied with a smirk. "My darling son, the first person whom she will chew on would be you," said Mohini as the entire family burst into laughter.