Users

Frequent Posters

-Disenchanted- thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 9 years ago
Originally posted by: firsttimehere

Nice update Rithu😊They are slowly becoming closer and closer

Thank you for the PM .

Thank you, glad you liked it. They are no longer fighting the attraction now they just have to acknowledge it to themselves and to each other.
SS88 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
This is such a beautiful story. Reading it today, of all days, makes my heart weep. I wish they had gone this way. Or even a fraction of this. I don't know if it would get ratings, since nothing sensible on Indian TV ever does, but at least we would have been saved from the iron laddoos, the drunken 8 vachan shadi, Paro falling in love after 5 seconds of seeing the doll, etc. Thank you for writing this. I love that you have given them time and space and allowed Rudra , Paro and the rest of the characters to grow. and your epilogue- wow. Truly, Paro deserved to die happily after living to a ripe old age. 
-Disenchanted- thumbnail
Originally posted by: SS88

This is such a beautiful story. Reading it today, of all days, makes my heart weep. I wish they had gone this way. Or even a fraction of this. I don't know if it would get ratings, since nothing sensible on Indian TV ever does, but at least we would have been saved from the iron laddoos, the drunken 8 vachan shadi, Paro falling in love after 5 seconds of seeing the doll, etc. Thank you for writing this. I love that you have given them time and space and allowed Rudra , Paro and the rest of the characters to grow. and your epilogue- wow. Truly, Paro deserved to die happily after living to a ripe old age.

Read it again on Monday. You will feel better by then. I hated the laddoos and the drunken wedding. Paro loved Rudra for quite awhile before the CVs let her admit it.
I needed the epilogue for my peace of mind. I hope it gave you the same feeling.
Thank you for your comments.
kulfi89 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Hi how i wish all dis had happened on the show.. Thanks for this update... ur FF is all that could have been... waiting for ur next😊
-Disenchanted- thumbnail
Originally posted by: kulfi89

Hi how i wish all dis had happened on the show.. Thanks for this update... ur FF is all that could have been... waiting for ur next😊

I'm not sure the TRP audience would enjoy what I write. So they had to go the saas-bahu, kitchen politics way. I'm glad you liked it.
thakurpreeti thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Hello Rithu, ur writing is superb, we all enjoy ur FF
KhushiParo thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Hi Rithu, 
 Commenting for chapter 21...
  At first Thanks for not hurting Parud badly😊 They are safe and stayed together for the night in the haunted house😆 Loved how they shared the blanket😳 .  
Like how you are using Sumer also, he's one other character I thought had lot of scope in RR after Aman but alas they didn't use it properly.
Thanks for PM and will comment for chapter 22 also after reading it😆

Edited by KhushiParo - 9 years ago
KhushiParo thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Hi Rithu, 
 ...for chapter 22...
Nice update and seriously my heart craving for more Parud. I can feel Rudra's intense eyes staring at Paro. Aw ww.. Nice convo between them about bangles and destiny. Felt sad for Paro but I'm sure she'll understand soon she has to be with Rudra forever, it is her place.😊
Oh! I forgot I like how Rudra is composed even when Paro talked about Maasa in chp21 it's totally different from serial. This Rudra is more calm and understanding.😊
Their thoughts always similar.
Update next chapter soon...

-Disenchanted- thumbnail
@Sushmita, I like Sumer and strongly feel he can be more than Mohini's lackey. Glad you enjoyed the Parud in the haunted house.

Bangles play a part in the story, be it in the choodi Leela, scattered bangles in the cell or the first thing Paro asks if her husband. So I wrote that in. Coming to Mala, I always felt the day he realised that his mother is now his enemy's wife all his longing for her ended in a bottle of whisky. He never wanted her back and accepted her only for Paro. If it wasn't for the traditional notions of the TRP audience probably she would not have been allowed ti stay in her former husbands home without even discussing her marriage to Tejawat. So I wanted to make it clear that he was free from all emotional ties to his mother and that she was just Tejawat's wife and Paro's Thakurain.

Will post the next update sometime today.
-Disenchanted- thumbnail
Chapter 23

The next day at the Ranavat Haveli, Danveer called his nephew to come join them for breakfast. His aunt and cousins where already at the table. "No, Prasant. I'm not quitting my BSD job. Just do me a favour, don't mention this to Ranavat" he ended his phone call and joined them. "Now what have you done that you want to hide from your father," his aunt was curious. Danveer was genuinely worried if something was wrong. "Nothing is wrong. I was talking to an old friend from Jaipur. His brother owns a tours and travels agency. But he is thinking of expanding his business and is looking for a partner to help him out. So he was wondering if I would be interested in joining him. Kakosa, as you know, Ranavat doesn't like my BSD job would like me to take up a civilian job instead. So don't repeat it to him" he explained. Samrat spoke up, "He is probably worried about you. Coming and going at all times. Sometimes with bruises, sometimes worse." Rudra was a little annoyed, it was his fault that Ranavat had changed. "He wants me to settle down and raise a family like you are doing. And most people will prefer a safer career for a prospective son-in-law, something without guns or bombs as a part if their life. Not everyone is as brave as Kakisa" he elaborated. Mohini softened with the compliment told him that he is Dilsher's only son so he wants to make sure he is safe and happy. Then she told the rest of them to drop the matter and served him Parathas.

Dilsher joined them as his brother was enjoying the wonderful pudina chutney Maithili made. "If only we had your dadisa's samosas" Danveer became nostalgic of his mother's cooking as his wife became irritated. His brother though agreed heartily and they spoke of their adolescence when their mother waited with tasty treats for their evening snack. Something they missed dearly now. To Mohini's surprise however Rudra spoke up, "I preferred kakisa's samosas to the ones made by dadisa." Sumer agreed his mother made delicious onion samosas just for him which Rudra always managed to steal. "Poor boy, what will he do. His grandmother couldn't even remember that her favourite grandchild hated potatoes. Besides I always made enough for both of you" his mother defended his cousin much to everyone's surprise. "But Mohini, why didn't you just give it to him rather than let him steal" Danveer didn't understand. Dilsher explained that his son takes after his aunt, being straightforward won't get results.

Sunheri however had a different doubt, her Parvati bhabhisa had cooked potatoes saying it was Rudra's favourite, but now they are all saying that he hates the vegetable. "That's the only thing either of us could cook when we lived alone. When Paro bhaisa joined us, she assumed we liked that best as we ate potatoes so often" Dilsher confessed. Rudra knew it hurt his father to talk of those bitter days when they were away from their family and home due to his mother's desertion. He reminded all of them that the entire engagement was was a farce just to protect the girl from Tejawat. "Still when a pretty girl cooks something for you, a man can't say no, Can he?" he teased. With a parting glare at his cousin he told his aunt, "You should start looking for Sumer's bride, he is thinking of pretty girls who can cook for him." A few minutes later Sumer got a call on his phone, "Start packing, your mother is going to send you to Jaipur" said Rudra. He was surprised had his cousin gone crazy, what gave him the confidence that his mother will let him go. "She is my aunt, I know her well enough. Pretty soon she will suggest you go to Jaipur" he reassured him.

Meanwhile at Jaipur, Paro was having a boring morning. She couldn't focus on anything and the house was so empty as her aunt and uncle were still away. Her phone rang, it was her aunt who was disturbed to hear the grim tone in her voice. "What's wrong Parvati, are you feeling ill? You sound so dull. Is everything alright?" she hated herself for travelling with her husband and leaving the girl alone. If she was sick, she would never forgive herself. "No, Maasiji, I'm bored. There is nothing to do" Paro replied. Geethanjali suggested that she visit her jeeja and her new baby. Paro loved the idea and started to look for the little frock she made for Shanthi. She decided to pick some matching bangles at the market before heading to Chandangarh.

Back at the Ranavat Haveli, Rudra's words were working on his aunt's mind. She remembered her husband's condition that Sumer had to hold a steady job before they start thinking of his wedding. This job that Rudra mentioned might sounded good and she was certain he was not interested in her masala business. Maybe if he is on his own feet he will be seen as a respectable man instead of an irresponsible fool. Besides he want to go to Jaipur, he will definitely be agreeable to work there. She had to talk to Dilsher first and get his support before talking with her husband.

Both brothers were in Dilsher's room chatting away gleefully. "Bhaisa, I was hoping to have a word with you" she told her brother-in-law sweetly handing him a cup of tea. Danveer wondered what she wanted to discuss as he reached for his own cup of tea. "There is a job offer for Sumer in Jaipur in the tourism business. I was wondering if it is safe for him to go so far away by himself" she told him of her worries. Danveer was stunned, this job offer was for Rudra why is she trying to get it for Sumer. His wife was the limit, he got up from his chair and asked her to follow him as he wanted to speak to her.

In the privacy of their room, he shouted at her for being selfish, "How could you do this to Rudra, doesn't he mean anything to you?" Mohini retorted that her nephew is happy at his job and is good at it. Didn't he receive so many medals and awards? So why can't her son make use of this opportunity. They were interrupted by a knock at the door. Dilsher had come to see her. "Mohini don't worry. Send him to Jaipur, if he is interested in that job. It will do him good to try something on his own. I'll take care of the arrangements. We own a house there and have lots of friends who can keep an eye on him for you. Talk to my Rudradev, he will give you the details" he left as abruptly as he came in. Mohini was pleasantly surprised at her brother -in-law's offer. Now she just had to wrangle that job for Sumer. After that it will be set and she can get ready to marry off him to a princess.

A loud squeal resounded through the corridors of the Haveli and all the adults rushed to the aangan. The sight that greeted them warmed their hearts as they saw their dear Paro beendani being hugged by Sunheri and Maithili. Dilsher was glad to see her and a little apprehensive too whether Rudra wouldn't mind her presence here. She assured him that Rudra was the one who told her that she could visit anytime she wanted. Everyone was happy to hear this, especially Maithili who longed to introduce her daughter to her sister. She brought Shanthi from Sumer's room where she was playing with her uncle. Sumer followed them.

"I made this for Shanthi" she gave her the little pink frock and along with bangles and toys she had bought for her little niece. Sunheri looked at the frock and realised it had the same flowers embroidered on it as her bag. She showed it to her mother who noticed the similarity, "So that's where Rudra got the bag. I thought he picked it at Jaipur where there are shops that sells things like this." Paro told them about her aunt's NGO where she works, which helps women make things like this and sell them at tourist stalls in Jaipur. "So you took leave from work to visit? I mean, its good. You haven't been here for awhile and your jeeja misses you. You should spend the day here if your aunt and uncle don't mind" Mohini invited her to stay awkwardly. Paro replied that she would like that very much. Her aunt who is in Delhi with her uncle was the one that suggested she come see the baby. Danveer was pleased and went to send off her driver, one of them could drop her home later.

Paro had a wonderful time playing with Shanthi and Sunheri told her about the cute little things the baby did. Maithili had some news for both of them, "Maajisa told me she spoke to the pandit, we can have the Annaprashasan in three days. Paro, you must come. Baapusa will talk to your maasaji and invite them too." Paro was delighted to hear this. She remembered how kakisa was against Samrat bhaisa adopting and the slap Rudra got because of her interference. Now she was willing to accept the child as family. Sunheri decided that Shanthi will wear the pink frock Paro made and that she will also wear her new pink lehenga as she is the Bhua. The women started to plan for the upcoming event.
After a while Sumer joined them missing his favourite family member. Sunheri jokes how he spends his entire time at home playing with the baby and all his time outside buying new toys for her. "Not for long," her mother said as she entered Maithili's room. She told them that he will soon be working in Jaipur if they managed to get Rudradev's blessing. Maithili assured her mother-in-law that he had changed a lot and will definitely help Sumer if he could. Sunheri agreed, "Don't worry Maasa. He thinks of us as his family. He would have forgiven Sumer too and help him. Didn't he accept my rakhi and get me a gift?" Maybe he had changed a little, but Sumer and Sunheri were different. Her nephew never got along with her younger son, she thought to herself. Sumer however was impressed with Rudra's handiwork, the man was making the entire family beg to help him get to Jaipur. Maybe he should have been on his side from the beginning. He could have been living a fine, city life by now.

"Maithili beendani, I know your long lost sister has returned. But can you spare sometime to make sure that we all get some food on our plates at noon. The vegetables can't cook themselves someone has to do it. Go Sunehri will keep an eye on the child" she instructed her daughter-in-law. Paro offered to help her jeeja and Mohini thought it was a good idea. Rudra loved Paro's cooking even if he didn't admit it, so this might help in brightening his usual sour mood.

Mohini was almost out of the door when she heard a soft tinkle. She turned around to see an old silver rattle in Sumer's hand. "Where did you get this?" she asked her children. Sunheri told her that their cousin had given it to Shanthi sometime back. Mohini knew the rattle well, it had belonged to her sister. Their grandfather had bought it for Mala and said she was the prettiest baby ever born. Nobody seemed to care for her, expect on rare occasions when she was seen near her sisters things. Mala was everyone's favourite and she always got the best of toys and clothes. Her father even sent her to the city school as the school in their village was not good enough for precious Mala. When Dilsher told her parents he wanted to marry her sister instead of her, it was the last straw. And to make matters worse she was made to marry her brother-in-law. Danveer was a good man though a little spineless. She wanted to be out of her sister's shadow but her father made sure that she stay there for the rest of her life.

Delicate Mala was meant only for decoration a man's arm was not capable of doing any work. She had to take care of everything in their marital home, yet was taken for granted. She assumed Samrat's birth would change things in her favour as Mala was still childless. The entire Ranavat clan visited temples and doctors till finally she conceived a child. When Rudra was born a few weeks after Sumer all of Chandangard rejoiced and Sumer was completely ignored. It hurt her to see her Sumer grow in his cousin's shadow like she did all those years ago. She decided to take a stand. She will cower no more but fight for her children. They mattered and their future had to be ensured. No matter what it took.

She knew that Mala had made a new male friend after Dilsher's accident. She saw the letters which contained verses describing her sister's beauty. She still remembered like it was yesterday, Mala had come to her room late in the night. Danveer had night duty and Dilsher had passed out after drinking too much. She knew that her brother-in-law had become a depressed drunk after loosing his leg in an ill fated mission. The loss of his job broke him and he had started to abuse his wife and ignore their only child. The only thing her husband could do against his brother was protect little Rudra. She didn't want to get involved as she agreed with her brother-in-law, her sister brought misfortune on him and destroyed his life. Mala's friend had fallen in love with her and wanted to marry her. She was confused and wanted her sister to help her make the right decision for herself and her son. Her marriage wasn't working anymore. Mohini knew she must advice her to give up her friend and try to help Dilsher come out of his depression. But one look at her sleeping children made her destroy her sister's marriage. "You should run away. Its not good for Rudra to see his father like this. Soon he will start noticing how you are treated. You owe him a better life" she advised. Mala left to write a farewell letter to Dilsher. Mohini knew she had won that day. Her sister would leave with her son and her brother-in-law will drink himself to death. Sacrificing a sister she never wanted was a small price.

Shanthi's laughter brought her back to the present. The child loved the rattle, it seemed to be her favourite toy. The precious rattle which she and her children were never allowed to touch was in the hands of her only grandchild. Was Sunheri right about Rudra, did he really care about all of them after everything. She decided to make samosas for him in the evening, maybe he wasn't as self-centred as her sister. He will help his brother, just like his father would.