IshRa (OS) ~Humsafar~

Parakeet thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 9 years ago
I adore this serial, and for this serial alone I read the novel on which its based, Custody and I simply loved it! I hated Raman when my sister used to watch this serial, she watched it from starting and it used to make me mad the very appearance of Raman Kumar Bhalla, because he was so insensitive and rude all the bloody time. And then one day I watched it with grudge, and It melt my heart. I started loving this serial until it became utmost necessary for me to watch it every night and miss it on Sunday.
But I would like you to know that this is just a ONE shot! No more parts coming in future for it.

I don't know how much you'd like this OS of mine, but I hope you do...

Now without much ado, here comes the OS.

_________________________________________________________________________________

Humsafar 

[To get the true feelings fully, please hear the song that follows.]

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SuU8fqhKvzM[/YOUTUBE]

And when she thought that everything was alright only then it had to happen... why fate plays games like this with her? Had God forgotten to write Love in her life, why was she always abandoned like this in the middle when she didn't know where to go, which way to look for hope? Life had become a misery for her, she wanted it to end, she wanted to end this sad life that no one wanted to share with her.

She was in her self thoughts sitting in the restaurant in front of the man who had given her the happiness she never thought she could get. He had given her a daughter, his daughter to call her 'Maa', that was deal, well... she was just a mother of his daughter and she loved it. Even when if her long lost most cherished dream of a loving and understanding life partner would never come true. She would never be shy, nor she would experience that feeling. She would never be shy, nor she would experience all that, that every woman deserved.

She knew he wouldn't or may be couldn't come to feel any thing of love for her ever and she understood, she knew that he still was in love with his first wife, even if she was the one who gave him wounds of life time, wounds due to which she would never experience let alone love but not even an ounce of trust from him ever, after all same was the history of her, Subbu, whom she thought to be her everything betrayed her, left her alone breaking her all beliefs on love, she also loved him with all her heart, but still she couldn't bring him self to hate him, Why? May be now she didn't liked him even, but still when-ever he come in front of her, she didn't felt a pang of hurt in her heart just seeing him with some one else, where she could have been. But she deep down knew that now it didn't matter that much. Now her priorities and her thoughts were changed and now her focus was someone else, even when she knew that the feelings would never be reciprocated.

Why then she expected him to forget Shagun and forgot those thirteen years, forgot all those moments of love, moments that gave her Ruhi! How can she even expect him do such a thing?

But, now the things were different. He was her husband and if now he has started his affair with his first lady love, who was his first wife, then it surely was wrong!

'What was her mistake in all this? Why he was doing this to her? Would he also leave her, like others did? Will Ruhi go away from her? Will she be able to live without them? Was she prepared to see Shagun and Raman together?' she now a days often asked these questions from herself.

Even such a thought gave her heart immense pain.

A single tear threatened to fall but before it could make its way out of her eye, she wiped it and a loud sigh escaped from her mouth.

Now they were alone, sitting in the restaurant in front of him, who was so indifferent to her presence that he was not even looking at her, such a strange and distanced behavior from him was making her suffocate. She wanted to clear the air, he wanted the truth from him, nothing but the truth, she was prepared to hear it from him, the truth that had capacity to shake her roots, that would break her heart, that would give her immense pain, but now she wanted to hear it from him, this was what, which would clear everything. After all if it were to happen someday then why not then and there.

With all possible brevity that was left in her being, she looked at him and taking a deep breath she let out the words to end his and her misery.

"I know why you are doing this..." she said in a shallow whisper.

He looked at her shocked, guilt blinding him, and she continued.

"Why don't you say it and end your misery. Just say it and I'll oblige."

"huh!" he was surprised but not shocked as before, "I know Ishita that I have hurt you big time, knowing full well that, I can't just do anything about it. I have to do this. Its not for Shagun but its for my Adi. Even if it gives me immense pain." he said and let out an exasperated sigh.

Ishita looked down to her fingers and said, "Its not the first time, I am used to this behavior from everyone." a single tear escaped from her big eyes as she said that.

He gulped seeing the tear and knowing full well that he was the reason for it, the pain in her voice because of him, he closed his eyes in pain, "Ishita... Please."

"Its okay Raman, I understand... I really do.  Your Adi, you your love... I have seen it affecting you still, all the time and I always knew it would haunt our lives. But I am, as I said in for it." she said simply.

"You... you in for it? What do you mea... means you'd take the case back? For me? You'd really do that?", he was shocked. He looked at her expectantly like she was his life line.

She nodded confirming.

They ate their dinner in silence, one in content and other like each morsel was made of hard steel.  They came back late at night, by then Ruhi and everyone else had gone to bed. They silently went to their room, after freshing up and ready for bed, Raman sat on bed with his laptop and files and Ishita on couch, when Raman's phone rang. He was surprised to see Shagun calling at that hour.

"Hello! Shagun? Is adi okay?" he said. At his address Ishita looked up, tears once again brimming.

"Okay. Here is good news for you, Ishita has decided to take the case back."

"Yes! I can't tell you how relieved I am now, its all because of her.

Saying the last sentence he looked towards Ishita with gratitude but was shocked to see tears pain and hurt in eyes. Immense pain and hurt. He was shocked, he immediately cut the call without listening to what shagun was saying.

"Ishita!!". he ran to the couch and sat beside her holding her shoulders consoling her, "Why are you crying? Kya hua?"

And that said or his proximity, she completely broke down keeping her head on his chest weeping making his heart clench and said between sobs, "Please Raman... I'll do what ever you'd say, I'll not give lectures, I'll not fight, I'll take the case back, I'll do anything you'd want me to, Please Raman, don't... don't..."

"Ishita... Kya hua...tum kya bol rahi ho? Don't what?"

"Don't leave me... please mujhe mat akela chodo... how will I live without you and Ruhi... I'll die, I'll die..." and broke down completely.

He was shocked, would be an understatement.

His hold on her shoulders tightened feeling her pain and he vigorously shook his head and said, "What are you talking about Ishita?! I am not leaving you, nor is Ruhi. You are her mother, only you, and you are my wife, not for anyone I am leaving you, not even if you'd asked me to, ever. You are my wife and you like it or not but you'd be living this life with me and beyond if their is life beyond. Don't even think of that, because I am not letting you go ever. How can you think like that even? This is how much you know me? hmm?"

Listening to him, she had stopped crying and was looking at him surprised at his words. And then wiped her eyes and cheeks that still had traces of tears and looked at him questionably but relieved, "Why are you with Shagun and not with me? Raman do you love her? you can say it, I am not going to say anything nor feel anything, I promise I won't be sad or angry. Because I understand, after all meri life mein bhi pyaar tha, Subbu, who left me for a baby, who broke my heart and trust and made me realise that I was an incomplete woman that no one would ever want. That I was nothing but useless." she trailed off and looked down.

"I don't know why you or anyone else thinks you incomplete. I don't see a trace of anything missing in you. I like you the way you are, and for the question you asked I would like you to know once and for all, I DON'T love Shagun ANYMORE. Arre! I don't even think about that woman except anything she is but a nuisance. Yes I loved her, but then she was married to me, what else was I supposed to do? And by the way it was all your fault!" he said and added the last sentence fakingly annoyed.

"Fault? My fault? You married her and fault was mine? May I know how? We had not even met then. And by the way I didn't even knew you existed." she was shocked at his accusation.

"Exactly my point, we didn't even knew that other existed until my thirteen years of marriage to that woman. Why didn't you came earlier?" Raman said with a sly smile.

She looked at him in surprise as blush crept on her cheeks, thinking that he would have married her, that he would have loved her, may be she would have been his first Love. But then...

"No! Its good that we never met me before."

Her sentence made him surprised, may be she didn't after all think about him like he does for her, he thought.

And then surprising him, she added, " If I would have been there then we would have never got our Ruhi." she said in sad tone.

"Hey! But she is with us, right?" he moved little away from her and said in little serious tone, "Ishita, I am sorry, I never knew that I was hurting you to the extent that that you thought that I would be leaving you and that I would take away Ruhi from you. Don't ever think that. I won't be doing that with you... I may be bad but not that much that i'll hurt a woman who gave her life so that my daughter has all happiness, so that my family remains happy and complete. You don't know how much I owe you, I won't ever be able to repay you, not even by selling my soul to the devil." he said with gratitude.

"You owe me Raman? I don't know how much you owe me, but I know I owe you my soul, you gave me our daughter, you gave me Ruhi, a child, you made me a mother from being an infertile woman as everyone called me, for which Subbu left me after seven years of courtship."

"You still... think about him?" Raman asked almost fearing the answer.

"Yes! I do... as much as you think of Shagun." she smiled.

He smiled," Then you must be never thinking of him because I never think  about that woman." he said expectantly.

She smiled confirming his sentence. Now his absence doesn't matters and that is far story, not even his presence means anything. I feel so indifferent about him. And the fact that I was once in love with him feels like nothing , may be when he rejected me everything in me ended.

But now when Raman, the man I hated the most, even when I didn't know him, when I felt he is also doing the same, even when I know I feel nothing for him, nor we have anything except the relation of mutual  benefit, mere compromise then why my ached and so much that I practically kept aside my all pride and self respect and begged him not to leave me,  not to throw me from his life.

Why I did such a thing that I couldn't compel my self to do with Subbu when he left. Yes I felt hurt, yes I cried that he left me because I couldn't bear him a child, when I knew I loved that man, but on contrary I did same for the man whom I initially hated and he hated me too.

'Aiyyo Murugan! What is happening to me? Kahin Ravan Kumar sahi toh nahi tha... Kahin mujhe sach mein usse pyaar toh nahi ho gaya?' she thought and looked at him who was now sitting on bed with his laptop and files with his head dug deep in his work in hand. She could feel him focussing in it, wrinkles on his forehead proved her thought to be correct  and she kept  on watching him.

May be, she thought she had after all fallen in love with him or may be she was in process of the same with her Raavan Kumar. She smiled and drifted into a peaceful slumber.

****************************************************************************************

Okay that's it.

I hope you like it.

Edited by OfTheHeart - 9 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

--Megha-- thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago