Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Periopaque thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago
Originally posted by: chandana123

Awesome.. brings back harry potter memories..

Keep writing and updating soon...
Eagerly waiting for next part!

Thank you 😃 I wanted it to be as close to the real one as possible so we could all relive that experience again 😛😊
Riddhi_S thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 3
Originally posted by: Periopaque

Thank You!!!! 😃 That is such a compliment 😊 You will definitely enjoy the upcoming chapters 😛

Waiting!! ðŸ˜ƒ 

Damn How Eager Am I To Read The Story Moving Further!!! ðŸ˜› ðŸ˜ƒ

Update Soonish!!! ðŸ˜‰ ðŸ˜† Addicted To It Already!! ðŸ¤“
Edited by Protego_Maxima - 9 years ago
Periopaque thumbnail
Writing right now ðŸ˜› Will update in a few minutes  😃
Periopaque thumbnail

Tom entered his classroom anticipating to see Alex but to his utter disappointment he wasn't there. He took the list of students on the desk as if seeing attendance which he didn't need to as he knew exactly who was missing, and turned his attention to the class. "Does anyone know why Alex Longbottom is absent?"

Lily who was expecting the question as she had already been asked so by Uncle Ron in the previous class raised her hand.

"Yes, dear?"

"Professor-_" She hesitated for a moment.

Tom knew this little girl. She was Harry Potter's daughter. He had seen her waving at him during the start-of-term feast. Tom smiled to make her comfortable enough to speak. He was quite surprised at being called Professor' as in his previous class with the third years everyone had called him by his first name of which he was quite used to and he had allowed them so quite conveniently. As the former librarian, he had allowed everyone to call him by his first name and hadn't thought of altering that even now when he was Deputy Hogwarts. And anyways, he wasn't even qualified to be called a Professor'.

"Call me Tom, dear."

She blinked furiously. Ginny had taught her to call all teachers as Professors, even herself and Harry and Uncle Ron and Aunt Hermione. She felt nervous. But she had to answer. She nodded first at his request then continued. "He said he wasn't feeling well."

Tom felt worried now. "Has he visited Madam Brown?"

Lily bit her lip. What was she going to tell him now? "No, he said he would sleep a while in his dormitory."

Tom realized Lily didn't know any more than what she had just told him. He smiled again. "Very well. Let us begin with our lesson then."

"Isn't feeling well? What's that supposed to mean?" Harry asked Ron as he told him what he had been told by Lily.

"Dunno, mate. But it's not going to be good for his health f he stays shut up in his dormitory all day. He needs to get out and about in the Castle. He is a little more wounded than the rest of us for whatever's happened but that doesn't mean he ought to let it grow on him."

"You're right." Harry replied. "I'll go see him right now. I'll make sure he attends his third unit."

"Well, good luck to you. I am off to the Burrow." Said Ron standing up as did Harry.

"Why, is everything alright?"

"Yes, but both Hermione and I have been missing Hugo terribly. We decided that since we would stay the nights at Hogwarts, during day, we would visit Hugo if either of us get time. Hermione visited him during the first unit, now it's my turn."

Harry nodded. "You ought have brought him along."

Ron grinned. "Yeah and ruin the Hogwarts surprise for him? He'll be 11 next year, he would hate us if we tried spoiling his first glimpse of Hogwarts. And anyways, this arrangement is only temporary. As soon as we discover who Tom Riddle really is, find out some satisfying answer to this entire mystery, you'll be looking for permanent teachers, and we'll be able to return home."

"Just hope everything turns out the way you've described because Tom Riddle doesn't look like he'll be revealing any of his secrets any time soon."

"To tell you the truth Harry, although, everything around him is quite mysterious; Tom Riddle himself has not shown any signs of hostility to me. I mean, Malfoy not only ran him over, but also insulted him. Tom didn't even turn around to reply. He simply went on to continue with his own business."

Harry nodded. "I personally agree with you and with Dumbledore's and Dutchmen's accounts of his sincerity but Hermione's right too. Too much is vague about him, too many questions are unanswered and we have not been left with the choice of considering all of this a coincidence, not after, at least Neville's and Hannah's demise."

Ron nodded heavily. "Well then, tailing him is the only option left now. Ginny's next. Her third unit is free."

"How did you get your units free turn by turn?"

Ron grinned again. "Tom Riddle gave the new time tables to Padma for a review as she held this post previously and we told her to make a few last minute changes. We have convenient arrangements during the first half of the day to follow him but as for the second half, you'll have to take that up since all your meetings are generally scheduled in the first half of the day."

Harry grinned. "I hope all our hard work pays off."

Periopaque thumbnail

Duds who had by now wiped clean his platter of sweets and felt quite refreshed and also safe since he was covered by a disillusionment charm, decided he couldn't stay trapped in a room forever. It wouldn't harm him if he left Tom's room invisible. He could finish up a bit of cleaning.

However, what Duds didn't know was that disillusionment charms also wore off after a while and his had already started wearing off.

Porch dismissed his Care of Magical Creatures class with the 7th years 10 minutes early because he had to redo Duds' disillusionment charm but when he reached Tom's room no matter how many times he called out to him, he didn't answer, neither could he see him see him around although he ought to be able to since the charm would be wearing off by now.

That only meant one thing, Duds had left the room. He left too to see if Tom knew where he was.

Harry left the Gryffindor tower feeling a bit uncomfortable. He had visited it to see Alex. He had expected Alex to present an excuse or two for having missed his classes but he didn't. He had simply sat and listened all the while Harry had spoken without answering his questions or concerns. In the end, however, he had agreed to attend his third unit and onwards.

But what worried Harry was Alex's withdrawn reaction to everything. He had to open up to someone. He would have spoken to someone. He remembered Lily had visited him before her first unit or so she had told Ron. Perhaps, she would know something about his behavior. Harry decided to catch her before the bell for the second unit to end rang.

Tom who had 5 minutes left for this unit to end scribbled home assignments on the board and was just about to ask a few questions concluding today's lecture when he saw Duds pass right by his class or he thought he saw. He had to make sure. He went to the door and peered outside. Sure enough it was Duds' bulky profile moving away from him turning into a corridor on the right, as fearless as if he couldn't be seen.

He was about to call out to him when Porch came running from the other side.

"Could you see him?" Tom asked.

"Vividly." Porch replied icily. If Harry Potter saw him, he would blame them.

"Stop him, will you?" Tom said as Porch ran after him but stopped short only halfway through as Padma met him to talk about only God knew what. He turned back to look at Tom helplessly. He was stuck.

Tom decided to go after Duds himself.

He had just announced the dismissal of his class and turned around to leave when he stood facing Harry Potter.  Edited by Periopaque - 9 years ago
Periopaque thumbnail

Tom froze, his face drained of the little color it had left.

Harry who had been about to take his permission to borrow Lily saw her coming towards him as the rest of the class around her dispersed.

"You've dismissed them early. Are you going somewhere?" Harry asked him shrewdly.

Tom gulped down. Lying to Harry Potter the first time they ever had a one to one conversation was something that he had never dreamt of yet here he was. "Yes, something urgent came up. I am afraid I will have to take your leave, Professor."

He strode right past Harry and disappeared down the same corridor Duds had as quickly as he could.

Harry told Lily to return to her third unit and told her he would find her during the lunch break. Right now he had something else to worry about. Tom Riddle's less than happy expressions at Harry's arrival on his sudden departure were more than curious.

Harry pulled out his wand. But it wasn't his Phoenix wand, it was his Elder wand. The moment Ron had told him Tom had no clue he was being followed by him, Harry had put his Phoenix wand aside and pulled out his Elder wand. If the power of the Hallows could penetrate Tom's powers that was all Harry needed. He had already given his invisibility cloak to Ginny but he didn't need it now.

He went inside an empty classroom, shut the door from inside and disillusioned himself. He was dead sure that Tom wouldn't be able to see him now.

Tom looked behind him as if expecting a disillusioned Harry Potter following him but to his utter relief he wasn't being followed by anyone. He had to know where Duds was. He remembered he had a bit of cleaning left in the Trophy Room the day before Harry Potter had arrived at Hogwarts. Perhaps, he had had a sudden fit to finish it up. Tom was going to kill Duds if he found him there. He was brewing more trouble for both Porch and himself than either of them had expected.

Personally, Tom felt it was time Duds met Harry Potter but would he ever listen to them. He decided he would knock some sense into him once he was safely back in his room.

Tom finally reached the Trophy Room to find it buried in darkness. Duds hadn't even lit the torches. Perhaps, he had thought since he was invisible, it would look weird for an empty room to be all lit up. Whatever the case, he was glad it was dark here. Harry Potter wouldn't be able to see him in this dark.

Tom pulled out his wand. "Lumos!" His wand tip ignited and its beam fell on a bulky figure with his back to him scrubbing what looked like an age old medal which had actually begun to shine.

"Duds!" Tom nearly ran him over when he reached him "What the hell are you doing here?"

"Tom, blimey, you scared me. I thought I would finish up a bit of cleaning. Since I can't be seen, I don't have to stay put in a room, right?"

"For your kind information, your disillusionment charm has worn off. I have been looking for you to take you back."

"What?! It can't be. You can see me, not everyone else."

Tom conjured out a mirror and put it up in front of him. "Guess again."

Duds looked like he was going to faint.

Tom put the mirror aside and grabbed hold of Duds. "Are you alright?"

"Tom, what if he saw me? He didn't see me, did he?"

"No, he didn't, because if he had, you'd be sitting right in front of him."

Duds took a huge breath of relief. "Well, then, re do it. What Porch did in the morning. I don't want to be spotted by him."

"I told you, I can't do it. If I cast the spell even I won't be able to see you. How will we know where you are."

"I'll tell you, won't I?"

"Yeah, like you did about half an hour ago?" Tom replied sarcastically.

"I'm sorry, alright. I won't leave again. But cast it before Harry sees me."

Tom had, although reluctantly, just raised his wand when he heard a voice.

"Don't even try it."

It was Harry Potter's voice. It froze both of them.

"Do it now, please." Before Tom could think of anything else Duds whimpered again and he did it. He disillusioned him and turned off his wand light Nox!"at the same time as Harry Potter shouted "Lumos Maxima!" The Trophy Room lit up entirely.

The sight that met Harry as he removed his own disillusionment charm was of Tom standing in the middle of the Trophy Room pocketing his wand all alone. Harry, however, did not pocket his wand, he pointed it at Tom and advanced on him threateningly as Tom backed away.

Tom was a little more than astonished. He hadn't been able to see through Harry Potter's disillusionment charm, What did this mean? Was Harry Potter more powerful than him?

As Tom backed away Harry swished his wand and locked both doors in and out of the Trophy Room. Now, whoever had been disillusioned moments ago, could not escape. Harry had only been able to see a bulky profile in the dead dark as Tom's wand's beam was directed towards the floor. It didn't matter though as in a few minutes he would find out who had been trying to hide from him so desperately.

"Show yourself." Harry said aloud to the room but only silence met him. "Remove your disillusionment charm." Harry ordered Tom who backed further away as Harry closed in on him.

"I didn't cast any." Tom lied.

"Who are you trying to hide?"

"No one."

"Stop lying!" Harry stopped a few steps away as Tom felt his way blocked by the wall.

"I am not lying, Professor. What are you talking about? No one is hiding, I haven't disillusioned anyone." Tom had never been so solemnly lame and at the same time produced a white lie. He only hoped Harry Potter bought it. However, judging by his menacing advancement he didn't think he was going to.

"I heard you and the person who stands invisible at the moment very clearly. Why are you hiding someone in the Castle? Is it someone who's working with you, or is it someone that is working for you?"

Tom had not expected any such questions and allegations. But these had made one thing clear, he was a suspect for having done something and Harry Potter felt he had an accomplice. Why?

"No one is either working with me or for me." He replied icily. "No one is hiding here. I was talking to myself. You must have misheard something, Professor."

Tom had merely taken one step forward when he felt Harry's wand tip buried in his chest. He stopped short.

"You ought to start being honest with me. Remember, I do have other methods to make you do so."

As Harry prepared to do it, Tom penetrated his occlumency and saw quite clearly what Harry was about to do.

"Impe-_" Harry who was about to imperius him had only uttered half the incantation when Tom pushed past him to the other side of the room. Harry's wand fell away.

"I am telling you the truth, trust me!"

"Stupefy!" Tom had just turned back to him and had said as much when Harry had retrieved his wand and stunned him.

"Stop it!" A scared voice had shouted.

"Show yourself!" Harry ordered it.

"I can't remove the charm. Only Tom can."

"Enervate." Although Harry felt he had heard this voice before he shook this feeling out of his head for the moment and revived Tom who sat up clutching at his chest, coughing at the same time. Harry's stunner had caught him in the chest. He couldn't believe Harry Potter had penetrated his protection. He had expected the curse to be deflected but it hadn't.

"Tom, remove the charm, please." Tom heard Duds' scared voice. He had obviously not been expecting things to get so dead serious.

Tom got back to his feet. He had never known he would loathe Harry Potter. He was seeing a side of him he had never expected to see. All his life at Hogwarts all he had heard of was how great, kind and humble Harry Potter was. Today, however, all he had seen was a sheer show of.

"Do what he says." Harry ordered Tom who felt his anger getting the best of him.

"You're more powerful than I am, surely, you can do it yourself." Tom retorted back at him.

Harry froze. He ought to have thought of it before. The Elder wand wouldn't deny him any spell. He could remove Tom's disillusionment charm himself. It needn't have become the mess it had become. But Tom had practically insulted him. Harry, who had cornered many vicious Deatheaters in his time at the Auror department wasn't going to be spoken to like that. He would have to pay for his insolence. He raised his wand.

Tom, who had felt Harry's anger was getting the best of him could see through his occlumency. Harry Potter was going to show no kindness to him. He knew exactly what was coming but this time he stood his ground. He wanted to see whether he had been right in judging him at all or he had, perhaps, been on the wrong side all along.

"Crucio!" Tom closed his eyes, ready for the curse to strike but it never came.

The Trophy Room was filled with screams within seconds. Harry removed the curse almost instantly as Tom caught the invisible weight falling through the air.

Before Harry could do anything else, as if in a flash, Tom had pulled out his wand and cast a shield charm around himself and the fallen man. He removed the disillusionment charm but Harry couldn't see who he was as Tom levitated him the next second, blasted the front door off and left breaking into a run. Tom parted the crowd easily as he made his way to the Hospital Wing as no one could get within 10 feet of himself and Duds' levitating figure.

Once he had laid Duds on an empty bed and drawn the curtains around it he sent a patronus to Madam Brown. She arrived at exactly the same time Harry Potter entered the Hospital Wing. Tom put up his shield again, covering, himself, Duds' entire bed and Madam Brown who was examining him.

Tom stood in front of Harry with his wand out as if daring him to take another step forward.

"What happened to him?" Madam Brown asked coming out from behind the curtains and freezing at the scene before her.

"Harry Potter happened to him. He's cursed him."

"What?! Harry, do you even remember who he is?" Madam Brown asked astonished.

Harry was taken aback by her question. "I don't even know who he is. He was too busy hiding to tell me. And the curse," Harry turned to Tom, "wasn't meant for him, it was meant for you, it wasn't my fault if he decided to take it for you."

Madam Brown looked from Harry to Tom. What was going on? Did Harry even know whi he was talking about? "Have you seen him at all?" Madam Brown asked him once more.

But before Harry could answer Tom answered. "He doesn't deserve to."

Harry wanted to blow him to bits. With one swish of his wand he had removed Tom's Sheild Charm and again stood facing him as Tom blocked his way to Duds' bed.

"Don't mistake my patience for my weakness."

Tom smiled sarcastically. "I wouldn't, because you have no patience, but you are definitely not weak. After all, all of this was nothing but an exhibition of your powers, wasn't it? You have proven you're the strongest, but do let me know if you ever find out exactly what you gained out of all of this, because as far as I can see, you've lost a great deal today. You've lost the respect I had for the man who defeated the Dark Lord."

Harry hadn't expected to hear anything of the sort from Tom Riddle. He stood rooted to the spot as Tom stood glaring at him angrily. Harry wanted to kill him or give him to the Dementors right now. Who was he to judge him when he, himself, had perhaps, been doing what-not. Harry had only just grabbed him by his collar when someone bigger than the two of them broke them apart. It was Porch.

"Let him leave!" Porch shouted at Harry as Harry tried getting back at Tom who backed away but didn't leave.

"Leave! Let me handle this." Porch turned to Tom. Although, Tom didn't want to leave Duds, he knew Porch wouldn't let anything happen to him.

He left.

"Porch, stay out-_" Harry had just started when Porch pulled the curtains of Duds' bed apart.

"Would you at least look at him?" He said angrily to him.

Harry who had no idea where this was going, pocketed his wand and turned to look at the man lying on the bed.

He froze at the sight of him. A little more bulkier than before, with slightly graying hair and lines upon his face, Harry stood staring at the face he could never quite forget. It was his cousin, Dudley Dursley.

classyandsassy thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Are wah ðŸ˜ƒ ... a FF on HP ??😃 This is going to be interesting ... *running to read all chapters * 😃
chandana123 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Why is dudley in hogwarts?!!! He's muggle!
Periopaque thumbnail
Originally posted by: chandana123

Why is dudley in hogwarts?!!! He's muggle!

You'll find out soon enough 😛
Periopaque thumbnail
Originally posted by: Mou_farah

Are wah ðŸ˜ƒ ... a FF on HP ??😃 This is going to be interesting ... *running to read all chapters * 😃

I hope you enjoy it !!! 😃