Debate Mansion

Shankaracharya controversy about worshipping Sai baba by Hindus

Posted: 9 years ago
What exactly is the problem with Shankaracharya if people pray to Shirdi Sai baba ðŸ˜•
How is it against sanatan dharma? 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

mr.ass thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
I thought sai baba was the best example of an ideal hindu :S 
Originally posted by: mr.ass

I thought sai baba was the best example of an ideal hindu :S 

The Hindu guru obviously disagrees. He says not to worship Sai because he was a human being and a non veg at that. What about Lord Rama and Krishna? Were they not born as human beings ðŸ˜•  What about Shankaracharya's own status as a Hindu Guru? How valid is that?
Rehanism thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Strangely he didn't say any such thing about the con-man Satya Sai Baba. Did he? His problem is not a man being lifted to the stature of god by Hindus. His problem is that a Muslim man being lifted to the stature of god by Hindus.
hindu4lyf thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
I don't even get how such headlines make the news. As if people will actually stop visiting Shirdi/believing in Sai Baba because of this guy. Esp. when Sai Baba's religion has never been established/agreed upon. Seems like another headline grabbing tactic. Why stop at Sai Baba/Satya Sai Baba? What about Radha Soami followers where many treat their leader like God.

Just to digress a little..I wonder how Indians would react today in the 21st century if someone claimed themselves to be a reincarnation of Sai Baba like Satya Sai Baba did. I reckon we'd have a lot more skeptics.
mr.ass thumbnail
Originally posted by: Rehanism

Strangely he didn't say any such thing about the con-man Satya Sai Baba. Did he? His problem is not a man being lifted to the stature of god by Hindus. His problem is that a Muslim man being lifted to the stature of god by Hindus.

"Baba lived in a mosque, was buried in a Hindu temple, embraced Hindu and Muslim practices, and taught using words and figures that drew from both traditions. One of his well known epigrams says of God: "Sab ka Malik Ek" ("Everyone has One God.") "

also as hindu4lyf said it is not established what his religion is.  but the very fact that his belief of everyone having one god corroborates with hinduism which says all religions lead to one god, raises questions about the intentions of this fellow who is speaking against shirdi sai baba. not sure how he is so sure sai baba of shirdi was a muslim. there is no proof to refute or confirm that fact.  but obviously he believes he was muslim so that is the basis. personally i have no problems with muslims except those who say that those who dont believe in allah is an infidel and must be destroyed. sai baba even if he was a muslim obviously did not fall into the description of such a muslim.

good point about conman sai baba, who made ppl close their eyes and then gave them gold to test their "Faith". 😆
souro thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
I don't know what are the reasons for Shankaracharya to say this, but I agree with him. I personally believe no human being or animal should be worshipped. Not even Ram or Krishna. They were great men no doubt, and it's okay to admire great men, learn about their life, study their philosophy, but I don't think it's good to idolise and worship them.
mr.ass thumbnail
Originally posted by: souro

I don't know what are the reasons for Shankaracharya to say this, but I agree with him. I personally believe no human being or animal should be worshipped. Not even Ram or Krishna. They were great men no doubt, and it's okay to admire great men, learn about their life, study their philosophy, but I don't think it's good to idolise and worship them.

what abt vishnu, brahma, jesus or allah?  or god in general.
Originally posted by: souro

Agree with what you said but it is common practice to associate qualties with the person possessing them and idolising the person along with those qualities. 
Originally posted by: mr.ass

what abt vishnu, brahma, jesus or allah?  or god in general.

Isnt God supposed to be abstract?